Shortcut to Draenor

Peter T.

Jun 16, 2018, 3:08:21 PM6/16/18
Fantastic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmrAy-ta3ck>

Perfect for lvl 100 trials if you want several chars camping Voidtalon
of the Dark Star spawning points in Draenor. Unless you really really
really REALLY love to do the annoying WoD intro questline of course. :)

--
Peter T.

Peter T.

Jun 16, 2018, 3:53:17 PM6/16/18
when I sent my second trial char to WoD by using that shortcut I
realized my tirl chars already has a garrison hearthstone in their bags.

One word: Doh! :)

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

Jun 16, 2018, 7:38:40 PM6/16/18

On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 21:08:19 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.cum>
wrote:
Yep, I used that on my DH on DMF, really useful shortcut! Luckily I
had a vague memory of having heard about it ages ago, so could google
where to find it, as all I remembered was a cave on Timeless Isle, not
where to find said cave.

Peter T.

Jun 17, 2018, 10:49:04 PM6/17/18
Den 16-06-2018 kl. 21:08 skrev Peter T.:

> Perfect for lvl 100 trials if you want several chars camping Voidtalon
> of the Dark Star spawning points in Draenor.  Unless you really really
> really REALLY love to do the annoying WoD intro questline of course. :)

When I left DMF for the Draenor realm I also left 3 chars behind me I
rarely played anyway. 2x100, 1x91 + a druid I levelled from 100 to 110
2-3 weeks ago. So after I got the Pathrunner mount and the 300 mount
ach I decided to go all-in in the hunt for the voidtalon. I made 3 100
trial chars and sent them to Draenor (not the realm). So now I have one
char in each region of Draenor on DMF.

I use Routes, Paste, Handy Notes and Tomtom.

I compiled a full list of spawn points from the comments on wowhead and
pasted the list into the Paste addon. Bang! Dots everwhere on the map.
Then I used the Routes addon for making routes by drawing lines
between each dot/spawn point for an optimized the flying route. The
person who coded the Routes addon seriously needs a crash course in
usability. But the addon works once it's set up. I have used it many
times for mining, herbing and mount farming especially. Give it a shot.
I recommend it.

I spend around 15 mins on logging all 6 chars and flying my routes while
I look out for for portals. And if its true the portal spawns between
30 and 60 mins from the last despawn the time window isn't that narrowed
anymore and I guess I should have a good chance to find a portal within
the next 2-3 weeks just by taking the quick tour around Draenor a few
times a day. And if I'm hardcore I do a 6-8 hours session with small
breaks and I think I end up with the mount in my bags. But I have a
life, so...

And btw. In 2 days I've got Pathrunner, Poundfist, Silithide, Nakk and
Gorok by having those chars scattered around the continent and a lvl 110
druid in 908 gear for the kill. I got Luk'hok at the very beginning of
the Draenor expansion. :)

My list for Tomtom (paste it in the Paste addon):

/way NAGRAND:DRAENOR 57.3 26.7 void
/way NAGRAND:DRAENOR 40.5 47.6 void
/way NAGRAND:DRAENOR 45.9 31.4 void
/way NAGRAND:DRAENOR 44.01 30.67 void
/way NAGRAND:DRAENOR 59.4 10.2 void

/way SHADOWMOON VALLEY:DRAENOR 50.4 71.5 void
/way SHADOWMOON VALLEY:DRAENOR 49.6 71.6 void
/way SHADOWMOON VALLEY:DRAENOR 41.9 75.7 void
/way SHADOWMOON VALLEY:DRAENOR 48.7 69.9 void
/way SHADOWMOON VALLEY:DRAENOR 43.2 71.0 void
/way SHADOWMOON VALLEY:DRAENOR 50.7 72.5 void
/way SHADOWMOON VALLEY:DRAENOR 46.6 70.0 void
/way SHADOWMOON VALLEY:DRAENOR 51.68 74.85 void
/way SHADOWMOON VALLEY:DRAENOR 43.79 70.96 void
/way SHADOWMOON VALLEY:DRAENOR 48.95 70.26 void
/way SHADOWMOON VALLEY:DRAENOR 50.33 71.53 void

/way FROSTFIRE RIDGE 51.0 19.9 void
/way FROSTFIRE RIDGE 52.3 18.3 void
/way FROSTFIRE RIDGE 53.0 17.0 void
/way FROSTFIRE RIDGE 47.7 27.5 void
/way FROSTFIRE RIDGE 39.0 26.0 void

/way SPIRES OF ARAK 47.0 20.0 void
/way SPIRES OF ARAK 50.4 6.10 void
/way SPIRES OF ARAK 60.8 11.2 void
/way SPIRES OF ARAK 36.5 18.2 void

/way GORGROND 56.0 40.0 void
/way GORGROND 51.6 38.8 void
/way GORGROND 43.2 34.2 void
/way GORGROND 54.0 45.0 void
/way GORGROND 46.9 21.2 void

/way TALADOR 47.0 48.0 void
/way TALADOR 39.7 55.4 void
/way TALADOR 51.9 41.2 void
/way TALADOR 46.2 52.6 void
/way TALADOR 47.16 48.82 void
/way TALADOR 50.96 32.41 void
/way TALADOR 52.62 34.62 void
/way TALADOR 52.3 25.0 void

I have added "void" as I also had other waypoints for other rares when I
made the list.

--
Peter T.

Peter T.

Jun 18, 2018, 12:44:16 PM6/18/18
Den 18-06-2018 kl. 04:49 skrev Peter T.:

> /way SPIRES OF ARAK 47.0 20.0 void

Got it here. =)

20 mins of farming. :)

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

Jun 18, 2018, 4:12:55 PM6/18/18

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 18:44:15 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.cum>
wrote:

>Den 18-06-2018 kl. 04:49 skrev Peter T.:
>
>> /way SPIRES OF ARAK 47.0 20.0 void
>
>Got it here. =)
>
>20 mins of farming. :)

Oh wow congrats! Been checking in every now and then but no luck as
yet; I just use Handynotes+plugins for things like that, marks
everything on the map in appropriate colours so I know exactly where
to look. I thought it was a way rarer spawn than 30-60 mins, did it
increase recently? I know the seahorse rare did as it's so much
cheaper I just bought it, would be cool if voidtalon is higher chance
too, I'll check it more often! Got all the other rare spawn mounts
from Draenor now; I'd found most on my main, only missed Pathrunner
and Poundfist, both of which I got in the last few weeks, it's just
the voidtalon to go now.

Peter T.

Jun 19, 2018, 12:28:05 AM6/19/18
Handy Notes doesn't have all spawn points for the voidtalon. My list
has some more. But I found my portal at one of Handy Notes' points.
I checked most of the 795 comments + answers at wowhead when I made my
own list. Many comments from the 6.0.x patch are about a spawnrate
around 1 hour. Some even mention spawnrates down to 30 mins. A person
even tells he saw another portal spawning approx 30 minutes _after_ he
entered the previous portal!
I was sure the spawnrate was several hours and maybe even days. But it
seems I was wrong. And such a fast spawnrate makes the window for
finding a portal a lot bigger. Especially if you cycle through 6 chars
in each region over and over again (I got through 1½ cycle before I
found the portal). Actually I would be a little surprised if you dont
get it within 4-5 hours.

Btw. I saw some very sparse competition on DMF. :)

--
Peter T.

Peter T.

Jun 19, 2018, 1:28:31 PM6/19/18
Den 16-06-2018 kl. 21:08 skrev Peter T.:
Hm. Actually I plan making an army of trial chars for mount farming in
Pandaria. 4 worldbosses, 4 mounts. I have none of them. :) Trial
chars cant enter instances (they *can* enter the voidtalon portal
though) so I have my regular chars for that.

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

Jun 19, 2018, 3:35:30 PM6/19/18

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 06:28:04 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.cum>
wrote:

>Den 18-06-2018 kl. 22:12 skrev Catriona R:
>>
>> On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 18:44:15 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.cum>
>> wrote:

>>> Got it here. =)
>>>
>>> 20 mins of farming. :)
>>
>> Oh wow congrats! Been checking in every now and then but no luck as
>> yet; I just use Handynotes+plugins for things like that, marks
>> everything on the map in appropriate colours so I know exactly where
>> to look. I thought it was a way rarer spawn than 30-60 mins, did it
>> increase recently? I know the seahorse rare did as it's so much
>> cheaper I just bought it, would be cool if voidtalon is higher chance
>> too, I'll check it more often! Got all the other rare spawn mounts
>> from Draenor now; I'd found most on my main, only missed Pathrunner
>> and Poundfist, both of which I got in the last few weeks, it's just
>> the voidtalon to go now.
>
>Handy Notes doesn't have all spawn points for the voidtalon. My list
>has some more. But I found my portal at one of Handy Notes' points.

Heh I'll compare my lists and add the missing one then, thanks; I'd
assumed it'd be much the same!

>I checked most of the 795 comments + answers at wowhead when I made my
>own list. Many comments from the 6.0.x patch are about a spawnrate
>around 1 hour. Some even mention spawnrates down to 30 mins. A person
>even tells he saw another portal spawning approx 30 minutes _after_ he
>entered the previous portal!
>I was sure the spawnrate was several hours and maybe even days. But it
>seems I was wrong. And such a fast spawnrate makes the window for
>finding a portal a lot bigger. Especially if you cycle through 6 chars
>in each region over and over again (I got through 1˝ cycle before I
>found the portal). Actually I would be a little surprised if you dont
>get it within 4-5 hours.
>
>Btw. I saw some very sparse competition on DMF. :)

The info seems rather variable, one recentish post (7.3.0) says the
following:

Spawn Timers
-72 hours after realm resets. No longer spawns during the week.
-If a portal despawns, 2-4 hours at the earliest for a respawn in the
same zone.
-If it is claimed, upwards to 10-48 hours before it spawns again in
the same zone.

More info
-Each zone has its own personal timer unrelated from one another.
-Portals will spawn, and stay up for 15 minutes until they despawn, or
are claimed
-CRZ does impact portals, just like it impacts other rare spawns.
-Level 110’s are UNABLE to see many portals, known portals being
Gorgrond, Frostfire Ridge, and Talador. The reason is unknown. Search
on a level 100 or below, or use a class trial to search.
-It’s possible for two portals to be up at once on the same realm.
-You can click the portal in a party or raid group and still receive
the scenario prompt.

The bit about 110s not able to see them is a concern as I'm using a
110, albeit a DH who's never done any of the quests so shouldn't be
phased any differently to a fresh 90. Maybe I should roll a class
trial but I'd rather not, prefer using a "proper" character. The each
zone having its own timer is an interesting one, along with the first
spawn 72 hours after server reset, I'm thinking I should stay up late
on Friday night/Saturday morning and spam check all the zones around
4-5am., seems a decent chance of hitting it at that time, especially
with how quiet DMF is.

Catriona R

Jun 27, 2018, 9:06:06 PM6/27/18

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 06:28:04 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.cum>
Sadly I think the 3-6 hours spawntime (with occasional 30-60 mins but
usually longer) that I've read seems more accurate - I think you just
got very lucky :-P Or maybe I'm very unlucky but still; I've not been
able to dedicate 4-5 hours in one stretch yet but I've done 2 hours or
so each night from Saturday (including over the expected likely
spawntime at 4-6am Saturday), seen nothing. I've got 2 characters
running it, they cover the run in 17-18 mins, portals stay up for 15
mins so ok, I could be unlucky and it spawns in the 2 mins after I
visit (so it's gone when I got back), or on one of the sourthern ones
when my garrison hearth is on cd and I have to fly back. But I suspect
it just doesn't spawn that often!

I now have a serious dislike for those talbuks with purpleish patches
that like to stand on some of the spawn locations, the number of times
they make me look twice :-P Competition seems to be increasing btw,
seen a few people the last couple of nights, probably not helping my
chances!

Anyway, if what I've read is accurate, it won't spawn again till
Saturday morning so I'm giving it a rest and gearing my DH instead,
wondering if I have any chance at the mage tower appearance on her; I
got the feral druid one which was the real priority, given how few
appearances druids have for forms, but there's not so many warglaives
out there either, so it'd be nice to get.