YOU WANT CHEATS? HERE THEY ARE!

Bug Dragon

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

Myself and everyone I know personally have quit
this pathetic, piece-of-shit, paid-beta online
game. However, as a thanks to OSI for all the
hours of frustration and anger, and to show the
rest of you exactly what you're getting for your
money, I'm going to list some of the many bugs
currently in the game. Do what you want with
this information, I don't give a shit. Before
I quit, I was exploiting every bug I could. I
duped tons of gold, regs, ingots, logs, etc. I
used cheat methods to train and artifically
augmented my stats. I did all this through
TWO of OSI's touted "amnesty" periods. I never
turned myself in and I never got caught. I
do not believe OSI (about anything really) when
they say they have means by which they can
track people down and that they have ejected
hundreds of people from the game. I know a
LOT of cheaters (myself included) and not one
of us has ever been confronted by OSI much
less banned from the game. So exploit all
you want... the UO programmers, designers and
policy makers have their heads so far up
their respective asses they have to yawn to
see daylight.

Alright, enough of my jabbering... on to
the CHEATS and EXPLOITS! All of these
bug exploits have been confirmed...

It would seem that the game does not check
your smithing skill when you are hidden and
you attempt to repair items. (Probably
another of OSI's stupid attempts to keep
people from raising smithing at a decent rate).
So if you are hidden and have a low smithing
skill, you are able to repair items without
damaging them EVERY time.

Oh, by the way, before I quit the game I
decided to try and make a GM smith. I was
duping 5000 ingots at a time and thought
"This will be a cake walk." I started with
50 smithing and I was making the toughest
things I could. I failed a lot and lost a
lot of ingots (if I didn't push the limits
of my skill, I saw no increases). It took
about 10000 ingots to get from 50 to 65, it
took another 10000 ingots to get to 75, and
another 10000 ingots to get to 82, and
another 10000 ingots to get to 86 and another
10000 ingots to get to 88.1 where I finally
quit. At that point I was expending about
800 ingots (10-15 chest plates and a lot
of failures) for every 0.1 point! This is
complete bullshit and one of the MANY
reason I quit the game. Ok... on with
the CHEATS...

The enticement skill does NOT check for
a valid line of sight. You can, therefore,
entice a monster (lizardman, headless,
zombie, etc.) in a house to come outside.
This will leave the front door wide open
and allow you access to the goodies inside.

You can increase your combat and archery
skills without actually fighting or using
arrows. In the case of archery, simply
attack a person or monster with your bow.
After firing an arrow or two and the
target is right next to you, drop all
of your arrows on the ground. Your archery
skill will continue to increase. If you
have a 50-70 archery then bulls work pretty
well. After 70 go for orcs and lizardmen.
Keep a supply of healing potions in your
pack so you can hang in the fight as long
as possible. For non-archery, your
opponent must attack you. You will go into
auto-attack mode. Enter war mode, then
go out of war mode (basically hit tab twice).
You will stop fight. You opponent will
keep attacking you so you will need to
drink a healing potion occassionally.
Your skill, however, will increase
steadily.

Here's some for all you PKs out there...
isn't it annoying to try and attack someone
but that damn "Corp por" above your head
announces your intentions?! Well, here's
how you can fix that... do an ALT-O and
go into your macros. Go to your macro
for, say for example, Energy bolt. Set
the macro like this:
1st Entry: Castspell: Energy Bolt
next entry: Yell:
next entry: Yell:
next entry: Yell:
next entry: Yell:
last entry: Say: In Lor (or something
equally innocent). NOTE: This is one
macro with several lines, not several
macros. The effect of this is that
you will hit your hot-key for energy
bolt but you will appear to say "In Lor".

Remember the days of the machine-gun
fireball? Well, those days are back.
Set one of the F keys (ie. F1, F2, etc.)
as fireball or harm, etc. Then when you
want to attack someone, hold down that
key... don't release it. After you
let the first spell rip, you should
immediately get another target cursor.

The energy vortex and blade spirits
spells do NOT check notoriety. You
can, therefore, attack people of
any notoriety without losing your
"good" name. This work especially
well against lagged players.

Is some punk hiding in his house?
Area effect spells do not check
line of sight. Stand next to the
house with the circle trans on and
target ANYTHING inside the house
(chest, barrel, pack, etc.) with
something like chain lighting or
meteor swarm. It will work just
as if the house were not there.

Need to help an evil player with
your "good" character? Cast of
wall of stone or other field
spell. This will set your criminal
flag and will make all the red
characters appear grey. You can
then heal or resurrect as needed.

Do you hate losing your shit when you
die? Me too, fortunately there are
a couple of things you can do to
mitigate this lose. The best method
is to keep everything (except your
spellbook) in a secondary pack. When
you know that your death is inescapable,
pick your secondary pack up as though
you were going to give it to someone
(left-click and hold on the secondary
pack and drag it out of your main pack).
Now just sit there and await death.
Whatever you do, DO NOT RELEASE THE
LEFT MOUSE BUTTON. Come back as a
ghost (use the enter key). Then go
get resed... KEEP THAT MOUSE BUTTON
HELD. The pack will remain on the
end of your cursor. When you res,
it will fall into your primary pack.

The other method for keeping your
stuff involves a vendor bug. If
you have an item on your vendor
(it doesn't matter if it's priced
or described) and drag it right
onto your character (NOT into your
open pack, but DIRECTLY onto your
character on the screen) the item
will go into your inventory but
retain the vendor status! When you
die, all these items will stay on
your corpse (or on the ground after
your corpse decays). If someone
else tries to pick any of the items
up, they will get the standard vendor
message "To purchase an item, say
vendor buy". Of course, there is no
vendor there to say "vendor buy" so
it doesn't matter. You are the only
person who can pick these items up
since your are the vendor's owner.
You can also do something like
drag a few gold from your vendor to
your character. Any gold you pick
up from that point on will stack
with the 'vendor' gold and will have
the vendor status as well. This
works for any stackable item (and
thanks to OSI, there's a lot more
of them now). DO NOT move any of
them items in your pack or they
will lose their vendor status.
You can, however, use them. So it
is safe to carry your keys around
with you, for example. You can
even drop entire bags from your
vendor onto your character and the
bag and everything IN it will have
the vendor status. If you get PKed,
you can return at your leisure to
retrieve your stuff since only YOU
will be able to pick it up.

Here's one for the thieves...
Go into a dungeon and look for
someone fighting a monster. You
can do a steal and click directly
on the monster. You will steal
some (or all) of it's treasure
while the chump fighting it gets
nothing. This works as long as
the monster is NOT attacking YOU.

OK... that's it for now. There
are a LOT of bugs left and I will
post them here very soon!

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

Ken Dreger

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 19:54:05 GMT, B...@origin.ea.com (Bug Dragon) wrote:

BAHAHAH Thanks Bug Dragon for the good read. Won't be able to test
them having cancelled by account but it was fun to get some inside
info on the bugs.

Mieke Schotting

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

Bug Dragon wrote:

<snipped this entire pathetic mail>

> Cheers!
> Bug Dragon

Bug Dragon you're a little baby.
Your actions are simply this: I didn't enjoy the game and I cannot
stand the fact other people do.
So: I won't go quitely, I wanna at least try to ruin the game for everyone.
If your action is representative for the way you played UO:
Thank God you've just quit.

Earendil dragon :) ---FOSTI---
"Not all those who wander are lost" from:Tolkien.
RPG's on the NET:
http://www.pi.net/~devries/home.html
UDIC d e- N+ T++ Om U1!2!3!7'!S'!A u+ uC+ uF++
uG+ uA+ nC+ nR---- nH+ nP+ nI++ nS+ nT+ x a36

Bug Dragon

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 21:24:23 +0100, Mieke Schotting <dev...@pi.net>
wrote:

>Bug Dragon wrote:
>
><snipped this entire pathetic mail>

<but I don't want people to miss all
the cheats so I've reposted it below>

>> Cheers!
>> Bug Dragon
>
>Bug Dragon you're a little baby.

And you're flaming me, so what does that make you?

>Your actions are simply this: I didn't enjoy the game and I cannot
>stand the fact other people do.
>So: I won't go quitely, I wanna at least try to ruin the game for everyone.

Almost right... I didn't enjoy the game and I cannot
stand the fact that OSI is getting away with what is
nothing short of fraud.
So: I won't go quitely; I wanna at least try to ruin the game for OSI
or at the very least force them to fix it.

>If your action is representative for the way you played UO:
>Thank God you've just quit.

If it comforts you to think so, you're not hurting my feelings.

>Earendil dragon :) ---FOSTI---
>"Not all those who wander are lost" from:Tolkien.
>RPG's on the NET:
>http://www.pi.net/~devries/home.html
>UDIC d e- N+ T++ Om U1!2!3!7'!S'!A u+ uC+ uF++
>uG+ uA+ nC+ nR---- nH+ nP+ nI++ nS+ nT+ x a36

Here is the message that Earendildo dragon deleted:

Bug Dragon

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 20:31:43 GMT, tub...@ix.netcom.com (bizbee)
wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 19:54:05 GMT, B...@origin.ea.com (Bug Dragon) wrote:
>

>yawn....another cheating duper who can't get his way, suddenly has to
>quit the game because he can't hack it with out an unfair advantage
>over those who are trying to play a legit game.

If it makes you feel better about yourself to think that go
right ahead.

>I am <so> sorry about the inadequate size of your penis. We realize
>this frustration you're feeling manifests itself in many
>ways....perhaps you should go buy a really powerful automobile to
>compensate.

Golly-gee, you're so smart Dr. Fraud. So what if I don't have
a penis to begin with? Perhaps, then, it's penis-envy that I am
afflicted with. Why do some people always bring phallus or a phallic
symbol into any discussion which they enter? Such people are, most
probably, the same sort who find flatulence funny.

>By the way, anyone who has been playing the game for more than a
>couple weeks is aware of every single one of those cheats, dumbshit.

You are a liar as well as an idiot. OSI and most of the users who
DO know about these bugs seem perfectly content to bury their heads
in the sand and pretend that they don't exist. Most people playing
this game don't have a clue how to make any gold let alone know the
various bugs and their associated exploits.

>How lame can you be?

Well, as hard as I try, I can be as lame as you obviously are.

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

Bug Dragon

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 20:40:18 GMT, kdreger#idm...@direct.ca (Ken
Dreger) wrote:

Thanks for the kind words. I'm hope everyone takes your
example and quits this "game".

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

>On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 19:54:05 GMT, B...@origin.ea.com (Bug Dragon) wrote:
>

>BAHAHAH Thanks Bug Dragon for the good read. Won't be able to test
>them having cancelled by account but it was fun to get some inside
>info on the bugs.

Adam Sisemore

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

*sigh*

Joe Reifel

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

>Almost right... I didn't enjoy the game and I cannot
>stand the fact that OSI is getting away with what is
>nothing short of fraud.
>So: I won't go quitely; I wanna at least try to ruin the game for OSI
> or at the very least force them to fix it.

Did you think that it's not OSI you're ruining it for, but we the players???

Anthraxis Dragon

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

I wanted to respond to this, but unlike some people I'm not going to drop to
adolecent insults. I just wanted to say, even if you think OSI is frauding
the people who play this game (and I do agree there) and it is full of bugs,
problem and other crap (again I would agree here) will posting the cheats
change that? Or will it just get worse? I didn't appriciate the fact that
you posted them, for even with all the problems it has I still enjoy the
game, granted it is not at all what Origin promised us it would be, but I
stil think it is fun, and I think this may detract from the fun I will have,
and on that note I am upset with what you did. I also wanted to respond to
a point you made to antoher person.

>OSI and most of the users who
>DO know about these bugs seem perfectly content to bury their heads
>in the sand and pretend that they don't exist. Most people playing
>this game don't have a clue how to make any gold let alone know the
>various bugs and their associated exploits.

I have e-maild GM Ed about these bugs several times, and they don't seem to
be doing anything, but not every player is hiding his head in the sand about
these.

--
) \ / (
/|\ )\_/( /|\
* / | \ (/\|/\) / | \ *
|`.____________________/__|__o____\`|'/___o__|__\___________________.'|
|-=ColdFire=- '^` \|/ '^` Anthraxis Dragon|
|Dragon Code: V -=(UDIC)=- Code:|
|DC.D f++ s++ h++ CS|R a- $ m d+++ d++++ e+ N+ T-- Om- U1-8!S'!K! |
|WL++* Fr- L160f Bcoldfire e+++ u+++ uC++ uF- uG++++ uLB---- |
|g i- uA--- nC++ nR+ nH+ nP++ nI--- |
| nPT nS+ nT---- o+ oA++ oE++ Y++|
| ._________________________________________________________________. |
|'Never anoy a | /\ / \\ \ /\ |Damb Thee OSI `|
*Dragon for thou | / V )) V \ |Damb Thee! *SPLUT*
art crunchy and |/ // \|That's for U9!
good tasting V

Jean-Claude

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

Well, with all the problems and such, I still find that my heart rate leaps
when death is impending.

As long as the adrenlin rush keeps coming...I am addicted.

Sorry, can't quit just yet.

Jean-Claude

Greg

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

WAAAAAHHHH mommy i dont like this i game i wanna quit please mommy
make all those other kids quit too

Greg
Gresh on Catskills

B...@origin.ea.com (Bug Dragon) wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 20:40:18 GMT, kdreger#idm...@direct.ca (Ken
>Dreger) wrote:
>
>Thanks for the kind words. I'm hope everyone takes your
>example and quits this "game".
>
>Cheers!
>Bug Dragon
>

>>On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 19:54:05 GMT, B...@origin.ea.com (Bug Dragon) wrote:
>>
>>BAHAHAH Thanks Bug Dragon for the good read. Won't be able to test
>>them having cancelled by account but it was fun to get some inside
>>info on the bugs.

Straka

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

Bug d00d wrote:

"You are a liar as well as an idiot. OSI and most of the users who

DO know about these bugs seem perfectly content to bury their heads
in the sand and pretend that they don't exist. Most people playing
this game don't have a clue how to make any gold let alone know the
various bugs and their associated exploits."

Well Bug d00d! Letting K-rAd d00dZ in training know how to do this l33t and
kewl stuff is certainly not going to help the game. The more time they have
to spend catching exploiting scum like you, the less time they have to
actually try and fix it! This reminds me of my favorite thing my friend and
I talked about during the moronic amnesty period (they should have just
banned the people if they caught them)

GM:
Well Bugd00d, are you using the exploit to dupe reagents and gold?

Bugd00d:
Hehe, no d00d.

GM:
Thanks for the cooperation, Bugd00d. We're trying to track down the scum.

Bugd00d:
Hehe yeah, their lamUrs.*

GM:
<Notices an innocent player buying a chessboard>

GM:
You there! What are you doing with that chessboard?

JoePlayer:
Im going to my house! My friend and I are going to be playing chess!

GM:
Don't try that trick on me! You're going to the jail mister!

JoePlayer:
But look at Bugd00d! He has tons of reagents and he's going "hehe we got
away with it"

GM:
They could be talking about returning from trouble in a dungeon! Besides,
Bugd00d is a Great Lord. Surely, that title is not earned by dishonorable
scum, such as yourself!

This goes to show:
1.Amnesty was stupid
2.OSI has no clue what is going on
3.THEY GOT AWAY WITH IT.

As for the cheating scum, I'm glad you're gone, but please, I don't need
even more K-rAd d00dZ trying to ruin my game, ok?

-Straka

* I'm fully aware that I used the wrong grammar for the word "they're"

> Well actually, the contraction they're...

Sarin MacAlen

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

I must be missing something here. It's obvious that you posted the original
message "YOU WANT CHEATS? HERE THEY ARE!", however, it doesn't seem to have
hit my news server. Is this newsgroup moderated? Does someone arbitrarily
delete articles that the do not feel are fit for the eyes of the mindless
sheep that inhabit usenet? I must protest.

Although I'm not in the market for bugs/cheats/hacks, etc. I would like to
at least know what I'm up against. And for those of you who seem to think
that bugs are so easy to find that there's practically a manual on them sent
with the game, you're wrong! Most of the people I know who play this game
barely know what usenet is, and they probably are on www for 3 minutes a
month to check sports scores.

Is not the freedom for dissemination of information (truthful) one of our
protected rights under the first amendment? (Please withhold your legal
tirades)
EVERYONE should know what these bugs are, if not to just help level the
playing field. As it is, the only people who seem to have this information
are the no-lifers who make it a task to play Ultima Online for more than 40
hours a week. Thank you, but I have a career that comes before hunting for
bugs on web pages and newsgroups.

Information is power. We all need to know.

I quote the immortal Socrates who said: "I drank what?"

Bug Dragon wrote in message <6e1r71$r...@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>...

>Thanks for the kind words. I'm hope everyone takes your
>example and quits this "game".
>
>Cheers!
>Bug Dragon

>>BAHAHAH Thanks Bug Dragon for the good read. Won't be able to test
>>them having cancelled by account but it was fun to get some inside
>>info on the bugs.

El Lèmur

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

Bug..I myself do not have a problem with you posting the bugs, since my
philosophy
is that it is ok to spread knowledge, and OSI shouldn't have a secret
police or
whatever to silence the voices. However, you must realize that when you
post
on this group you will receive a large number of angry responses from
people who
feel you are ruining the game. I think that if you are devoted to your
cause
you should just ignore them..they will not listen to you any more than
you will
listen to them.

Bug Dragon wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 20:40:18 GMT, kdreger#idm...@direct.ca (Ken
> Dreger) wrote:
>

> Thanks for the kind words. I'm hope everyone takes your
> example and quits this "game".
>
> Cheers!
> Bug Dragon
>

> >On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 19:54:05 GMT, B...@origin.ea.com (Bug Dragon) wrote:
> >

> >BAHAHAH Thanks Bug Dragon for the good read. Won't be able to test
> >them having cancelled by account but it was fun to get some inside
> >info on the bugs.
> >

> >>Myself and everyone I know personally have quit
> >>this pathetic, piece-of-shit, paid-beta online
> >>game. However, as a thanks to OSI for all the
> >>hours of frustration and anger, and to show the
> >>rest of you exactly what you're getting for your
> >>money, I'm going to list some of the many bugs
> >>currently in the game. Do what you want with
> >>this information, I don't give a shit. Before

--

Lemur Dragon
www.udic.org

Let's play 'Save Those Lemurs!'
______________________
(#) ("Frink! Woo! Ptang!")
(#) /\__ ```````````````````````
(#) /(o)_) /
(#).'^^^^^^^,,/`
\ ,,),,,,/
`\<-- \<
^^ ^^

foamy

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

<snipped>
>Well, I feel a lot better after reading your letter and the letter
>of Ken.
>I begin to feel some hope again that people like you two will
>slowly start to leave the game.
>Then it will be the end of cheaters and dupers and the game wil be much
>more fun for normal players.
>Thanks for leaving:-)

Surely you can't be this stupid. It's the honest good players that are
leaving. The cheaters, dupers, exploiters, pks, etc. are STAYING.
The previous poster that exposed some of the cheats left BECAUSE
of those cheats and nothing being done about them by Origin.
The only solution to the problem is to make the knowledge of the cheats
so universal, that anyone with a propensity for such behavior, will not be
able to resist utilizing them, therefore bringing the game [ and Origin by
extension ] to it's knees, forcing action. Mark my words, one day there will
HAVE to be a total wipe. When it occurs, honorable players such as myself who
left, might return. [ unless of course Everquest blows this failed beta out of
the water ].

Jim Clarke

Talon Karrde

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

In case you didn't notice, there are still people who enjoy this game. Why
did you buy UO, since it is a role-playing game, and you obviously didn't
roleplay?

Dee

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

>Did you think that it's not OSI you're ruining it for, but we the players???

I think those who would take advantage of these cheats most likely
already knows about the bug house. So saying it here is really no
biggie.

-----
I don't get email so don't send it.

Key2

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

All the bugs he posted are taken from a web site... Nothing new.

Bug Dragon <B...@origin.ea.com> wrote in article
<6e1hc1$n...@bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>...

Bug Dragon

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998 18:28:56 -0800, "Sarin MacAlen" <mac...@home.com>
wrote:

>I must be missing something here. It's obvious that you posted the original
>message "YOU WANT CHEATS? HERE THEY ARE!", however, it doesn't seem to have
>hit my news server. Is this newsgroup moderated? Does someone arbitrarily
>delete articles that the do not feel are fit for the eyes of the mindless
>sheep that inhabit usenet? I must protest.

I agree; and there's nothing I hate more than censorship, so here is
the original post.

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

Mieke Schotting

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

Bug Dragon wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 21:24:23 +0100, Mieke Schotting <dev...@pi.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Bug Dragon wrote:
> >
> ><snipped this entire pathetic mail>
> <but I don't want people to miss all
> the cheats so I've reposted it below>

Yes exactly: a little baby.
They usually repeat everything they say, until they get what they
want.
Jeez that doesn't work when you're a bit older <?>.

> >> Cheers!
> >> Bug Dragon
> >
> >Bug Dragon you're a little baby.
>
> And you're flaming me, so what does that make you?

Someone who pays 9,95 per month for a game and is sick of people like you
who try to ruin the game.

> >Your actions are simply this: I didn't enjoy the game and I cannot
> >stand the fact other people do.
> >So: I won't go quitely, I wanna at least try to ruin the game for everyone.
>
> Almost right... I didn't enjoy the game and I cannot
> stand the fact that OSI is getting away with what is
> nothing short of fraud.

Only your opinion of course.

> So: I won't go quitely; I wanna at least try to ruin the game for OSI
> or at the very least force them to fix it.

You don't ruin the game for OSI, you ruin the game for
normal other players who don't cheat.

> >If your action is representative for the way you played UO:
> >Thank God you've just quit.
>
> If it comforts you to think so, you're not hurting my feelings.

Fine, but if you cheated or tried to ruin the game for other people:
it is good you're gone.

Mieke Schotting

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

Bug Dragon wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 20:40:18 GMT, kdreger#idm...@direct.ca (Ken
> Dreger) wrote:
>
> Thanks for the kind words. I'm hope everyone takes your
> example and quits this "game".

Well, I feel a lot better after reading your letter and the letter
of Ken.
I begin to feel some hope again that people like you two will
slowly start to leave the game.
Then it will be the end of cheaters and dupers and the game wil be much
more fun for normal players.

Thanks for leaving.;)

> Cheers!
> Bug Dragon
>
> >On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 19:54:05 GMT, B...@origin.ea.com (Bug Dragon) wrote:
> >
> >BAHAHAH Thanks Bug Dragon for the good read. Won't be able to test
> >them having cancelled by account but it was fun to get some inside
> >info on the bugs.
> >

> >>Myself and everyone I know personally have quit
> >>this pathetic, piece-of-shit, paid-beta online
> >>game. However, as a thanks to OSI for all the
> >>hours of frustration and anger, and to show the
> >>rest of you exactly what you're getting for your
> >>money, I'm going to list some of the many bugs
> >>currently in the game. Do what you want with
> >>this information, I don't give a shit. Before

Mieke Schotting

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

Bug Dragon wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 20:40:18 GMT, kdreger#idm...@direct.ca (Ken
> Dreger) wrote:
>
> Thanks for the kind words. I'm hope everyone takes your
> example and quits this "game".

Well, I feel a lot better after reading your letter and the letter
of Ken.
I begin to feel some hope again that people like you two will
slowly start to leave the game.
Then it will be the end of cheaters and dupers and the game wil be much
more fun for normal players.
Thanks for leaving.;)

> Cheers!
> Bug Dragon
>
> >On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 19:54:05 GMT, B...@origin.ea.com (Bug Dragon) wrote:
> >
> >BAHAHAH Thanks Bug Dragon for the good read. Won't be able to test
> >them having cancelled by account but it was fun to get some inside
> >info on the bugs.
> >

> >>Myself and everyone I know personally have quit
> >>this pathetic, piece-of-shit, paid-beta online
> >>game. However, as a thanks to OSI for all the
> >>hours of frustration and anger, and to show the
> >>rest of you exactly what you're getting for your
> >>money, I'm going to list some of the many bugs
> >>currently in the game. Do what you want with
> >>this information, I don't give a shit. Before

Bug Dragon

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 03:58:35 +0100, Mieke Schotting <dev...@pi.net>
wrote:

>Bug Dragon wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 21:24:23 +0100, Mieke Schotting <dev...@pi.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Bug Dragon wrote:
>> >
>> ><snipped this entire pathetic mail>
>> <but I don't want people to miss all
>> the cheats so I've reposted it below>
>

>Yes exactly: a little baby.
>They usually repeat everything they say, until they get what they
>want.
>Jeez that doesn't work when you're a bit older <?>.

How interesting... let me see if I've got this right:
I post some of my observations and some little-known
information about the game (which doesn't pose a threat
to you--in fact, if you have half a brain you should be
able to defend yourself against various cheats now that
you are armed with that knowledge) and that somehow makes
me analogous to an infant. You, on the other hand, do
nothing to actually debate what I've submitted, but
instead post pedantic and insulting remarks about me
and this makes you a mature adult.

You'll forgive me if I suggest that people should have
a great deal of difficulty finding credibility in anything
you have to say.

>> >Bug Dragon you're a little baby.
>>
>> And you're flaming me, so what does that make you?
>

>Someone who pays 9,95 per month for a game and is sick of people like you
>who try to ruin the game.

If that is your worry then fear not--you are still a someone who pays
$9.95 per month for a game that already stands in ruins independant
of my meager contributions.

If you are not dissatified with the current, yet ever-changing, state
of Ultima Online then continue on in your blissful ignorance. That I
post a few cheats in a public place is irrelavent. Those who would
seek to exploit bugs UO for their own entertainment have done,
and will continue to do so, surreptitiously since the game was
in alpha-test.

>> >Your actions are simply this: I didn't enjoy the game and I cannot
>> >stand the fact other people do.
>> >So: I won't go quitely, I wanna at least try to ruin the game for everyone.
>>
>> Almost right... I didn't enjoy the game and I cannot
>> stand the fact that OSI is getting away with what is
>> nothing short of fraud.
>

>Only your opinion of course.

Re-read what I stated above about "blissful ignorance."

>> So: I won't go quitely; I wanna at least try to ruin the game for OSI
>> or at the very least force them to fix it.
>

>You don't ruin the game for OSI, you ruin the game for
>normal other players who don't cheat.

Actually, I do neither. OSI made the game what it is. The
bugs are their fault, not mine. I'm simply bringing them
to the attention of the general public. In any other forum
on any other software package, this would be acceptable.
OSI has conditioned you to believe that knowledge of the
bugs, rather than the bugs themselves, is a taboo. This
whole nonsense of banning someone who divulges the details
of a bug to another player is patently offensive. It is
yet another example of OSI's inability and/or unwillingness
to deal with their problems in a more direct fashion. Rather
they treat their customers like the 3rd class passengers of
old steam ships, and that is wholly unacceptable.

>> >If your action is representative for the way you played UO:
>> >Thank God you've just quit.
>>
>> If it comforts you to think so, you're not hurting my feelings.
>

>Fine, but if you cheated or tried to ruin the game for other people:
>it is good you're gone.

Perhaps... but if your here 'debating' the issue with me, it
begs the question of how sincere is your promulgation of
enjoying the game. One can't help wonder if you're not
trying desperately to convince yourself that you are
satified with what you are getting for your $9.95/month.

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

Bug Dragon

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 02:37:46 GMT, M...@herehere.com (Dee) wrote:

>>Did you think that it's not OSI you're ruining it for, but we the players???
>
>I think those who would take advantage of these cheats most likely
>already knows about the bug house. So saying it here is really no
>biggie.

My purpose is not to enlighten those capable of finding the truth,
but rather to bring knowledge to those who did not even know it
was there.

>-----
>I don't get email so don't send it.

Actually, the thought never occured to me.

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

Bug Dragon

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

My, you do endulge in some grand assumptions don't you? Worst yet,
you proceed, with confidence, under the belief that your assumption
is true.

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

Bug Dragon

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 20:19:32 -0500, Straka <toa...@geocities.com>
wrote:

I concur wholeheartedly. In fact, that is the VERY POINT of
my quitting the game and my subsequent posting of these various
bug exploits.

>As for the cheating scum, I'm glad you're gone, but please, I don't need
>even more K-rAd d00dZ trying to ruin my game, ok?
>
>-Straka
>

>* I'm fully aware that I used the wrong grammar for the word "they're"
>
>> Well actually, the contraction they're...

You make some very valid points. I have nothing but praise for your
very entertaining post. And fear not... I do not attack people for
spelling and/or grammer errors (especially considering the number
of mistakes I make in a typical post). If your only reason for
posting a reply is to correct someone's spelling or grammer, then
you really have nothing at all to say.

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

Bug Dragon

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 23:44:10 GMT, Greg wrote:

>WAAAAAHHHH mommy i dont like this i game i wanna quit please mommy
>make all those other kids quit too
>
>Greg
>Gresh on Catskills

Is it your impression that I am a juevenile? As I've said before,
if it makes you feel better about yourself to think that then do
so; you are not hurting my feelings. I do find it interesting
that you said "...make all those other kids quit too"-- I can't
help but wonder if this is not somewhat self-reflective.

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

>B...@origin.ea.com (Bug Dragon) wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 20:40:18 GMT, kdreger#idm...@direct.ca (Ken
>>Dreger) wrote:
>>
>>Thanks for the kind words. I'm hope everyone takes your
>>example and quits this "game".

Bug Dragon

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 21:57:57 -0500, El Lèmur <live...@together.net>
wrote:

>Bug..I myself do not have a problem with you posting the bugs, since my
>philosophy
>is that it is ok to spread knowledge, and OSI shouldn't have a secret
>police or
>whatever to silence the voices. However, you must realize that when you
>post
>on this group you will receive a large number of angry responses from
>people who
>feel you are ruining the game. I think that if you are devoted to your
>cause
>you should just ignore them..they will not listen to you any more than
>you will
>listen to them.

This is a very good point. I believe, however, that I can further
my cause by responding to angry diatribes in a calm, articulate
manner.

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

>Bug Dragon wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 20:40:18 GMT, kdreger#idm...@direct.ca (Ken
>> Dreger) wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the kind words. I'm hope everyone takes your
>> example and quits this "game".
>>
>> Cheers!
>> Bug Dragon
>>
>> >On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 19:54:05 GMT, B...@origin.ea.com (Bug Dragon) wrote:
>> >
>> >BAHAHAH Thanks Bug Dragon for the good read. Won't be able to test
>> >them having cancelled by account but it was fun to get some inside
>> >info on the bugs.

Bug Dragon

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 21:52:43 GMT, fo...@lynx.bc.ca (foamy) wrote:

><snipped>

>>Well, I feel a lot better after reading your letter and the letter
>>of Ken.
>>I begin to feel some hope again that people like you two will
>>slowly start to leave the game.
>>Then it will be the end of cheaters and dupers and the game wil be much
>>more fun for normal players.

>>Thanks for leaving:-)
>

>Surely you can't be this stupid. It's the honest good players that are
>leaving. The cheaters, dupers, exploiters, pks, etc. are STAYING.
>The previous poster that exposed some of the cheats left BECAUSE
>of those cheats and nothing being done about them by Origin.
>The only solution to the problem is to make the knowledge of the cheats
>so universal, that anyone with a propensity for such behavior, will not be
>able to resist utilizing them, therefore bringing the game [ and Origin by
>extension ] to it's knees, forcing action. Mark my words, one day there will
>HAVE to be a total wipe. When it occurs, honorable players such as myself who
>left, might return. [ unless of course Everquest blows this failed beta out of
>the water ].
>
>Jim Clarke

Jim,
You are absolutely correct in everything you said. It is a very
comforting to hear from another person who truly understands.

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

Bug Dragon

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

On 10 Mar 1998 03:22:48 GMT, "Key2" <ke...@netvigator.com> wrote:

>All the bugs he posted are taken from a web site... Nothing new.
>
>Bug Dragon <B...@origin.ea.com> wrote in article
><6e1hc1$n...@bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>...
>>

>> Myself and everyone I know personally have quit
>> this pathetic, piece-of-shit, paid-beta online
>> game. However, as a thanks to OSI for all the

I never said they were new. I never claimed credit for
figuring them out. I simply presented the information
in a more public forum. Actually, I've often wondered
about the sort of person who figures these things out.
Especially the more convoluted cheats. These people
are obviously very intelligent with keen analytical
abilities in spite of their less-than-productive
undertakings.

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

nospam...@on-line.de

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

Bug Dragon schrieb:

Feel better now ? Now you had your revenge ?

Dumbass you

Debby Hall

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

Great because if all the cheats like you leave the game, then the
roleplayers will have a decent game to play. I think that it is completely
pointless to cheat like this. How can you possibly enjoy an rpg when you
skip the growing part. Rpg's are often at their best when you are just
starting out, when the little monsters are dangerous and you have no money.
The world is exciting. You have completely skipped this bit, your character
never developed. No better than a robot. Go and play an ordinary computer
game and leave the rpg's for those of us that love roleplaying.

Gorbash Getfall

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

Now, I dont want to take sides (so that I dont offend anybody) but I do have
the RIGHT to speak what I want.

P.S. I dont mean to offend ANYBODY.

Cheating is the lowest, most disgracefull act a human can perform in an
environment which envolves gaming. Cheating is the easy way around or out
of things, namely cheaters are lazy.

I understand that bug dragon is upset but he has NO right to ruin the game
for others who do like playing it. Its also an evident proof that Bug
Dragon cant keep his temper and must resort to expressing his deep hatred
towards the game by ruining it for others.

Oh, one final note.

Bug Dragon, I wouldnt touch your cheats with a 10 foot pole (your lazy) and
also I wouldnt agree with anything you said for your an inconciderate,
egotistical and conceeded player. Dont ruin it for us, keep it to your
self.

Bug Dragon

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

In your haste to judge my actions as inappropriate just
because OSI has convinced you that it is so, have you
even paused briefly to consider that I might be trying
to help you? It amazes me how quickly people will resort
to name-calling when they believe they proceed from
righteousness.

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

Mieke Schotting

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

You don't address any of the points people have posted
against you, do you?
A lot of people are simply totally fed up with people
who use cheats or bugs in UO.
Your attitude is: I don't like the game, I will quit, but
at the same time I'll do my damn best to ruin the game for other players.

> >> And you're flaming me, so what does that make you?
> >
> >Someone who pays 9,95 per month for a game and is sick of people like you
> >who try to ruin the game.
>
> If that is your worry then fear not--you are still a someone who pays
> $9.95 per month for a game that already stands in ruins independant
> of my meager contributions.

Again: just your opinion.
IMO this game is the best I ever played.
The only thing that sucks about this game, is some
of the people who play it.
Mostly those who cheat and use bugs.

> If you are not dissatified with the current, yet ever-changing, state
> of Ultima Online then continue on in your blissful ignorance.

LOL.
You mean to say: anyone who disagrees with me is ignorant.
Again: mature (NOT).

> That I
> post a few cheats in a public place is irrelavent. Those who would
> seek to exploit bugs UO for their own entertainment have done,
> and will continue to do so, surreptitiously since the game was
> in alpha-test.

Right, and those people are to blame for many of
the current problems with UO.
However your act of posting these bugs to a public place is
(IMO) an immature act of vengeance, that will not hurt OSI, but just
other players.

> >> Almost right... I didn't enjoy the game and I cannot
> >> stand the fact that OSI is getting away with what is
> >> nothing short of fraud.
> >
> >Only your opinion of course.
>
> Re-read what I stated above about "blissful ignorance."

Again: immature:
"I don't like it, and if anyone else does,
he/she must be ignorant".

> >> So: I won't go quitely; I wanna at least try to ruin the game for OSI
> >> or at the very least force them to fix it.
> >
> >You don't ruin the game for OSI, you ruin the game for
> >normal other players who don't cheat.
>
> Actually, I do neither. OSI made the game what it is. The
> bugs are their fault, not mine. I'm simply bringing them
> to the attention of the general public. In any other forum
> on any other software package, this would be acceptable.
> OSI has conditioned you to believe that knowledge of the
> bugs, rather than the bugs themselves, is a taboo. This
> whole nonsense of banning someone who divulges the details
> of a bug to another player is patently offensive. It is
> yet another example of OSI's inability and/or unwillingness
> to deal with their problems in a more direct fashion. Rather
> they treat their customers like the 3rd class passengers of
> old steam ships, and that is wholly unacceptable.

The bugs are OSI's problems.
The people who use the bugs however are the real jerks.
Spreading the bugs just to get back
at OSI, doesn't hurt OSI, it hurst the players.

> >> If it comforts you to think so, you're not hurting my feelings.
> >
> >Fine, but if you cheated or tried to ruin the game for other people:
> >it is good you're gone.
>
> Perhaps... but if your here 'debating' the issue with me, it
> begs the question of how sincere is your promulgation of
> enjoying the game. One can't help wonder if you're not
> trying desperately to convince yourself that you are
> satified with what you are getting for your $9.95/month.

Heh heh: I have been playing the game for 3 months now,
and although I see problems I enjoy <ed> it greatly.
The best of the game and the worst of the game are the
people who play it.
The best are the very nice people I met and now think of as friends.
The worst are the cheaters and dupers.

Is it so difficult for you to accept that people have different opinions
about something like a game?

kabo...@magicnet.net

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

In article <6e2ki5$jkg$1...@globe.lynx.bc.ca>,

fo...@lynx.bc.ca (foamy) wrote:

> <snipped>
> >Well, I feel a lot better after reading your letter and the letter
> >of Ken.
> >I begin to feel some hope again that people like you two will
> >slowly start to leave the game.
> >Then it will be the end of cheaters and dupers and the game wil be much
> >more fun for normal players.
> >Thanks for leaving:-)
>
> Surely you can't be this stupid. It's the honest good players that are
> leaving. The cheaters, dupers, exploiters, pks, etc. are STAYING.
> The previous poster that exposed some of the cheats left BECAUSE
> of those cheats and nothing being done about them by Origin.
> The only solution to the problem is to make the knowledge of the cheats
> so universal, that anyone with a propensity for such behavior, will not be
> able to resist utilizing them, therefore bringing the game [ and Origin by
> extension ] to it's knees, forcing action. Mark my words, one day there will
> HAVE to be a total wipe. When it occurs, honorable players such as myself who
> left, might return. [ unless of course Everquest blows this failed beta out of
> the water ].
>
> Jim Clarke

My sentiments exactly. These issues must be brought to light. At some
point, OSI must admit we are merely paying beta testers for game riddled with
bugs, leaks and cheats. No game is ironclad against exploitation. However,
a game that is played worldwide, by paying consumers, needs immediate
attention. YES...OSI is working on these. YES...it takes time to get it
right. YES...a lot of us are being patient. BUT...these problems are not
new ones. In a rush to capture the almighty dollar, a product was released
prematurely. From the sounds of the voices on this NG, the haste is going to
backfire in OSI's face.

It saddens me. I do enjoy the game. I have put up with the lag problems,
the knowledge that some my neighbors with the castles, towers and such most
likely did not build their character or wealth using the same methods I chose
to use. I am not putting my character on a pedestal. It is the way *I*
chose to build my character. I don't claim my character is not *totally*
pure. I have macroed some skills overnight and did macro on the training
dummies in the beginning. I admit I jumped on the bandwagon to feel less
threatened by "super characters". I found it bored me. In the end, I found
it less rewarding than *actually* seeing the stats build, skills grow as my
character's personality and development grew legitimately *using* them.

Again, I am not saying there is a right and wrong way to do things. Some
gamers make it their goal to uncover exploits. It doesn't mean *everyone*
will be using them. Nothing is going to stop this from happening. No amount
of ranting and raving on this or any other NG is going to stop the fire. The
only way to do this is fix them. If the exploits were fixed, the majority of
the people who prefer to use them would eventually go away to other games and
the minority who used them to "keep even" would settle back in to play the
game the way it was intended.

As far as "super characters" there are times I am eternally grateful for
them, as well as times I get so angry I have to log out ;-)

Dreamscape/Catskills

Bug Dragon

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 08:43:40 -0800, "Gorbash Getfall"
<deo...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Now, I dont want to take sides (so that I dont offend anybody) but I do have
>the RIGHT to speak what I want.
>
>P.S. I dont mean to offend ANYBODY.

All evidence to the contrary.

>Cheating is the lowest, most disgracefull act a human can perform in an
>environment which envolves gaming. Cheating is the easy way around or out
>of things, namely cheaters are lazy.

I do not completely agree with everything that you said; but suffice
it to say that cheating is less than desireable. However, in an
environment where cheating becomes common practice, it is almost a
necessity to follow in suit just to remain on par with everyone else.

>I understand that bug dragon is upset but he has NO right to ruin the game
>for others who do like playing it.

First of all, I did not ruin the game. UO is dying. It is dying
because OSI failed to do what it promised. The problems of the
game were only made worse with the passage of time, not better.
OSI's whole attitude towards their customers changed, dramatically,
in a matter of a few weeks. I started playing the final on the
2nd day of its existance. Would you believe me if I told you that,
when there was a down time, the players got an apology and some
compensation in the form of a flat 500gp for all their characters?
Would you believe me if I told you that when you lost a piece of
equipment because of a warp-back that it was actually replaced
by the GM's upon request. Would you believe me if I told you
that GM's used to appear within minutes of summoning them and
were happy to help in any way they could? If you don't believe
me it is most likely because you started playing a few weeks
later when their attitude had completely changed. OSI stopped
responding to email, opting instead for forms letters and finally
for nothing at all. A phone call to OSI resulted in an additional
charge for the customer for which they got to listen to a minimum
wage phone attendant proclaim that a) s/he knows nothing,
b) s/he pass your message on to someone else but s/he doesn't
have time to continue the conversation, and/or c) you simply
got hung up on. OSI has adopted an attitude of tolerance towards
its clients. Where they once regarded us as customers, they now
consider all the users an annoyance. I did not contribute, in
any way, to any of this. This all existed before I even
started using cheats and exploits. At the time, I was ready
to quit anyway. I decided that I would test OSI. I started
using every cheat I could find (especially the "easily traced"
duplication bug) to see if OSI would detect my transgressions
and terminate my account. I continued on like this for weeks,
WEEKS, and through two amnesty period and I heard NOTHING from
them. So, I finally quit. Now, I am passing this information
on to the general populace; not to ruin UO (OSI's already got
that one covered), but to make everyone else aware that these
bugs are out there, and you need to know abou them if you are
going to deal with this. Especially since OSI take its sweet
time in fixing them (of course they always seem to have time
to design black horses and red viking swords, which do mortal
damage, for their own characters. Bottom line: You're on
your own buddy.

On the subject of rights, I would just like to add the following:
I have no right to ruin the game for others; however, I have EVERY
right to speak my might in a public forum. I have EVERY right to
disseminate information which OSI does not want released (which,
incidently, is still pertinent because of their unwillingness
and/or inability to correct the problem in the first place).
People love to throw around the word "right" without coming to
terms with exactly what it means.

> Its also an evident proof that Bug
>Dragon cant keep his temper and must resort to expressing his deep hatred
>towards the game by ruining it for others.

That's not exactly it; however, if you want to believe that, go
right ahead. I would point out that I am not alone in how I feel.
A group of 5 players has sued Origin. You can read all about it:
http://headline.gamespot.com/news/98_03/09_uo/index.html
Personally, I FULLY support their lawsuit! I believe that
every one of their points is absolutely valid.

>Oh, one final note.
>
>Bug Dragon, I wouldnt touch your cheats with a 10 foot pole (your lazy) and
>also I wouldnt agree with anything you said for your an inconciderate,
>egotistical and conceeded player. Dont ruin it for us, keep it to your
>self.

It's admirable to want to express yourself in an articulate manner.
You might, however, want to brush up on grammer and punctuation.

As to your charges of being "inconciderate (sic), egotistical and
conceeded (sic) player", I would point out that I am no longer a
player. Therefore, you statement is invalid by default.

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

Kay-Yut Chen - remove ABC in email to reply

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998 15:51:41 -0800, "Joe Reifel"
<JRe...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>>Almost right... I didn't enjoy the game and I cannot
>>stand the fact that OSI is getting away with what is
>>nothing short of fraud.

>>So: I won't go quitely; I wanna at least try to ruin the game for OSI
>> or at the very least force them to fix it.
>

>Did you think that it's not OSI you're ruining it for, but we the players???

Actually probably both.

But there will be other games for the players while OSI has more
hinges on the game.

Kay-Yut

Damon

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

Realistically speaking here,
most of the things that Bug Dragon posted in his original post, refering to
bug, were not even true bugs. Making a macro so that when u cast spells,
players see In Lor...Fighting monstors, w/o actually fighting them, bitching
about how it is impossible to get GM blacksmith, ways to steal from
monsters, and other methods of PROTECTING YOUR OWN SHIT FROM LOOTERS! FUck,
the way everyone responeded, you think he posted how to dupe gold and
regents! Why don't ppl start bitching at all the cheaters who use these
bugs in the game rather than Dragon for pointing out these so the rest of us
know what up!

Maxx

Greg

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

Ah, well, perhaps you yourself are not a juvenile, but the tone and
text of your messages are.

If you want to quit because the game sucks for you, then quit. If you
want to explain your reasons to us on the newsgroup, then do so. If
you want to whine petulantly, and lash out at OSI by trying to
encourage others to quit too, then, well, you are acting like a child,
and a whiny, spoiled, momma's boy at that :-)).

Greg
Gresh on Catskills

B...@origin.ea.com (Bug Dragon) wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 23:44:10 GMT, Greg wrote:
>
>>WAAAAAHHHH mommy i dont like this i game i wanna quit please mommy
>>make all those other kids quit too
>>
>>Greg
>>Gresh on Catskills
>
>Is it your impression that I am a juevenile? As I've said before,
>if it makes you feel better about yourself to think that then do
>so; you are not hurting my feelings. I do find it interesting
>that you said "...make all those other kids quit too"-- I can't
>help but wonder if this is not somewhat self-reflective.
>

>Cheers!
>Bug Dragon
>

>>B...@origin.ea.com (Bug Dragon) wrote:
>>
>>>On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 20:40:18 GMT, kdreger#idm...@direct.ca (Ken
>>>Dreger) wrote:
>>>
>>>Thanks for the kind words. I'm hope everyone takes your
>>>example and quits this "game".
>>>
>>>Cheers!
>>>Bug Dragon

Bug Dragon

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 17:33:36 +0100, Mieke Schotting <dev...@pi.net>
wrote:

What are you babbling about?! You accuse me of not addressing
points other people post again me when that is SPECIFICALLY
what I am doing?! You said that I am a baby (not a point,
but definitely against me); does my response above not
DIRECTLY address your "point"? I'm sorry, but it's painfully
obvious that you, in your haste to be offended, do not actually
take the time to understand what someone is trying to tell you.
Rather, you briefly scan the first sentence or two then post a
hostile response. I challenge you to re-read my above response
and explain to me in what way I have evaded your "point".

>> >Someone who pays 9,95 per month for a game and is sick of people like you
>> >who try to ruin the game.
>>
>> If that is your worry then fear not--you are still a someone who pays
>> $9.95 per month for a game that already stands in ruins independant
>> of my meager contributions.
>
>Again: just your opinion.
>IMO this game is the best I ever played.
>The only thing that sucks about this game, is some
>of the people who play it.
>Mostly those who cheat and use bugs.
>
>> If you are not dissatified with the current, yet ever-changing, state
>> of Ultima Online then continue on in your blissful ignorance.
>
>LOL.
>You mean to say: anyone who disagrees with me is ignorant.
>Again: mature (NOT).

I suppose you think you're being funny. Whatever... I would,
however, suggest that you take some time to actually READ what
other people post on this group. Are these happy people? Are
they satisfied customers? Or, are they frustrated people who
are holding on to the vein hope that this game will get better?
Who is the majority here, players like you or people like
myself?

>> That I
>> post a few cheats in a public place is irrelavent. Those who would
>> seek to exploit bugs UO for their own entertainment have done,
>> and will continue to do so, surreptitiously since the game was
>> in alpha-test.
>
>Right, and those people are to blame for many of
>the current problems with UO.

This is absolutely incorrect. The people who exploit bugs, while
not helping matters any, are NOT in fact "to blame" for many of
the current problems with UO. The blame can only rest on the
shoulders of OSI. These problems exist because OSI has failed
to correct the problems before they became serious problems.
They choose, instead, to convince people (apparently with some
success) that people completely independant of the game are
responsible for ruining the game for everyone else. Does this
make ANY sense at all? Who is in control here? Before this
game was released, officially if not technically, from beta
it should have been made so that it is not POSSIBLE for anyone
outside of OSI to ruin the game.

>However your act of posting these bugs to a public place is
>(IMO) an immature act of vengeance, that will not hurt OSI, but just
>other players.

I see; and I suppose those people who are suing OSI are also
engaging in "...an immature act of vengeance...".
http://headline.gamespot.com/news/98_03/09_uo/index.html
Or perhaps there is some degree of credibility in what I'm
saying afterall... have you even stopped to consider that?

>> >Only your opinion of course.
>>
>> Re-read what I stated above about "blissful ignorance."
>
>Again: immature:
>"I don't like it, and if anyone else does,
>he/she must be ignorant".

In your case (mirroring your response style):
"Anyone who disagrees with me must be immature."

>> >You don't ruin the game for OSI, you ruin the game for
>> >normal other players who don't cheat.
>>
>> Actually, I do neither. OSI made the game what it is. The
>> bugs are their fault, not mine. I'm simply bringing them
>> to the attention of the general public. In any other forum
>> on any other software package, this would be acceptable.
>> OSI has conditioned you to believe that knowledge of the
>> bugs, rather than the bugs themselves, is a taboo. This
>> whole nonsense of banning someone who divulges the details
>> of a bug to another player is patently offensive. It is
>> yet another example of OSI's inability and/or unwillingness
>> to deal with their problems in a more direct fashion. Rather
>> they treat their customers like the 3rd class passengers of
>> old steam ships, and that is wholly unacceptable.
>
>The bugs are OSI's problems.
>The people who use the bugs however are the real jerks.
>Spreading the bugs just to get back
>at OSI, doesn't hurt OSI, it hurst the players.

The bugs are there independant of my posting them. I didn't
figure them out, I took them off of a public web page and
reposted them in a public forum. Let's not lose sight of that.

>> >Fine, but if you cheated or tried to ruin the game for other people:
>> >it is good you're gone.
>>
>> Perhaps... but if your here 'debating' the issue with me, it
>> begs the question of how sincere is your promulgation of
>> enjoying the game. One can't help wonder if you're not
>> trying desperately to convince yourself that you are
>> satified with what you are getting for your $9.95/month.
>
>Heh heh: I have been playing the game for 3 months now,
>and although I see problems I enjoy <ed> it greatly.
>The best of the game and the worst of the game are the
>people who play it.
>The best are the very nice people I met and now think of as friends.
>The worst are the cheaters and dupers.

I agree. So I quit. Before I did, however, I wanted to know
if OSI could TRULY track such people down. Since I was
committed to leaving the game I did not care if I got caught.
I continued playing (cheating) for weeks with not so much
as a whisper from OSI. Convinced that my theory about OSI
lying to us was, apparently, correct. I quit.

>Is it so difficult for you to accept that people have different opinions
>about something like a game?

I would ask you the same question; especially since, after reading
many of the messages on this group, it is apparent that most people
are NOT satisfied with the game and that people such as yourself
are in the minority.

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

Bug Dragon

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 10:43:23 -0800, "Damon" <@san.rr.com> wrote:

>Realistically speaking here,
>most of the things that Bug Dragon posted in his original post, refering to
>bug, were not even true bugs. Making a macro so that when u cast spells,
>players see In Lor...Fighting monstors, w/o actually fighting them, bitching
>about how it is impossible to get GM blacksmith, ways to steal from
>monsters, and other methods of PROTECTING YOUR OWN SHIT FROM LOOTERS! FUck,
>the way everyone responeded, you think he posted how to dupe gold and
>regents! Why don't ppl start bitching at all the cheaters who use these
>bugs in the game rather than Dragon for pointing out these so the rest of us
>know what up!
>
>Maxx

Thanks for your support. I appreciate the fact that there are people
out there who actually read what I've written and understand what I
am trying to accomplish.

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

Straka

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

But you must realize that posting these exploits just ruins the game further,
and makes more el33t k-RaD hacker wannabes cheat and other things. The game
cannot be fixed when the designers and programmers have to track these people
down, let alone fix the bugs.

-Straka

Jean-Claude

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

<Major Snip...its in the thread if you want to know what I am talking about>

I see two points here that I would like to comment on.

First. The posting of the cheats was a mean-spirited act that may or may
not hit the target: OSI. It will certainly cause more people to use them.
The cheats will most likely increase the disparity between the cheaters and
the non-cheaters. The cheaters will benefit...the non-cheaters will be
harmed in such a way consistent with the use of the cheats against them,
directly or indirectly. So why not use the cheats? Well some of us what
to maintain some integrity and honor within the system. We want to advance,
and be greater than other, by way of the designed game system and not by
abnormal cheats. Its that simple for me. But our ability to maintain our
integrity and honor is constantly challenged by the disparity between us and
the cheaters. That is the harm in your disclosure which happened whether
OSI feels a thing or not. You have dragged an innocent party into the fray
between you and OSI, however legitimate that fray is.

Second. I wholeheartedly agree with Bug Dragon on the nature of responses
people make. I ran a controversial thread myself and I got an abundance of
hasty, emotional flames and nameslinging with no value added. It is more
the norm than the exception. To those who sent respectful, considered
response, I applaud your sensibilities and effort. To the others...well, I
can't say because it just makes me one of you but I think you got the
picture.

Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

>>In case you didn't notice, there are still people who enjoy this game.
Why
>>did you buy UO, since it is a role-playing game, and you obviously didn't
>>roleplay?
>

>My, you do endulge in some grand assumptions don't you? Worst yet,
>you proceed, with confidence, under the belief that your assumption
>is true.

So which is the assumption and is it not true?

Lets see.

Quote; "People still enjoy the game". Well I do. Originally an assumption
but now its not since clearly he was speaking about me. Not much a stretch
of an assumption so I don't think this is the "grand assumption".

Quote "UO is a role playing game". Well, I don't have the box memorized or
present but I do believe it is marketed as one. So this would be a fact if
you allow the creators to label the game the way they want.

Now. the last one.

Quote: "You obviously didn't roleplay." This one he went out on a limb
with since I would guess that he is not acquainted with your character
online. So, if my argument holds water, this is the "grand assumption" you
are eluding to.

So with that said. Instead of (or at least in addition to) flaming him,
which you showed displeasure in when done by others, do you not simply
correct him if you did roleplay by substantiating your claim to roleplay
with some truth about how you roleplayed. Or if you did not truthfully
roleplay, then why the righteous flame?

Jean-Claude

Legion

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 20:41:21 GMT, tub...@ix.netcom.com (bizbee)
wrote:

>how pathetic...at this point in time, I see 42 replies to this
>subject, and 16 of them are from you.
>If you need a pen pal, take it to email, loser.

I believe he replied in a very futile attempt to thunk a lot you
people on the head, and turn them on to what he is actually trying to
accomplish. I hate exploits, but I must say I do have Harm wands in
my bank box just to level the playing field if I HAVE to. Knowledge
is power. You make the assumption that by being aware of how people
are using bugs, that you yourself will be corrupted by it. I am very
glad to see this info posted, because it gives me a better handle on
what the opposition is doing, and it gives me an idea on what I need
to do to counter them. House break in exploits for example.

Dismiss my comments if you will, but I am a very able player who does
not use exploits (save the harm wand) and I intend on making possitive
use of the information.

Jean-Claude

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

Straka wrote in message <3505A286...@geocities.com>...

>But you must realize that posting these exploits just ruins the game
further,
>and makes more el33t k-RaD hacker wannabes cheat and other things. The game
>cannot be fixed when the designers and programmers have to track these
people
>down, let alone fix the bugs.

Straka, I have to believe that Bug Dragon true intentions were to lash out
at OSI for some grievance he has with them. That seems to be his
proclaimed intention. Bug Dragon, correct me if I am wrong.

What I don't think he considered (or if he did, didn't care) is the
ramifications upon innocent bystanders in his issue with OSI. In his
defense, it was probably not easliy forseeable that so many people would
consider and realize this as harmful since he obviously saw these cheats as
an enjoyment in the game. This argument goes toward his bias based on his
personal point of view. In his prosecution, I think it was mean-spirited
and not well targeted and an excessively cheap and easy attack on OSI. He
used a scatter grenade instead of a sniper rifle to attempt harm on his
target. If he has a real bone to pick with OSI, he should use legitimate
channels that don't involve innocent bystanders such as a letter campaign or
yet another lawsuit. Or he could simply walk away and find something else
in life to fulful his need for enjoyment. UO and OSI is too small a thing to
screw with others about. (Which also applies to all of us who pontificate
on this newsgroup, myself included.)

Jean-Claude (with schrapnel is his body)

Jean-Claude

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

>I don't need to <think> it, shithead...you've proven it right
>here....you piss and moan because you can't cheat anymore, then act
>like you said something else....which just makes you look even <more>
>like the fucking idiot that you quite obviously are....
>Incidentally, I certainly don't need some stupid sonofabitch's
>permission to think he's a fucking idiot.

I am not sure but isnt this a quote from the trash mouth movie "Glengary
Glenross" or was it "The Dogs of War".

Or maybe its just "the cussword in every sentence" resemblance.

Geez, I'm just not sure.

Actually do I see a sentence that does not have a cussword? Come on
now...work on that...not true to form.

Jean-Claude

kem...@passion.dynet.com

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

Some of these bugs must be bogus. I could not get the "keep bag on death" bug
to work for the life of me.

In article <6e2ubk$b...@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>,

B...@origin.ea.com wrote:

> [...]

> bugs, rather than the bugs themselves, is a taboo. This
> whole nonsense of banning someone who divulges the details
> of a bug to another player is patently offensive. It is
> yet another example of OSI's inability and/or unwillingness
> to deal with their problems in a more direct fashion. Rather
> they treat their customers like the 3rd class passengers of
> old steam ships, and that is wholly unacceptable.

> >> If it comforts you to think so, you're not hurting my feelings.
> >
> >Fine, but if you cheated or tried to ruin the game for other people:
> >it is good you're gone.
>
> Perhaps... but if your here 'debating' the issue with me, it
> begs the question of how sincere is your promulgation of
> enjoying the game. One can't help wonder if you're not
> trying desperately to convince yourself that you are
> satified with what you are getting for your $9.95/month.

Jean-Claude

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

El Lèmur wrote in message <3504AC...@together.net>...

>Bug..I myself do not have a problem with you posting the bugs, since my
>philosophy
>is that it is ok to spread knowledge, and OSI shouldn't have a secret
>police or
>whatever to silence the voices. However, you must realize that when you
>post
>on this group you will receive a large number of angry responses from
>people who
>feel you are ruining the game. I think that if you are devoted to your
>cause
>you should just ignore them..they will not listen to you any more than
>you will
>listen to them.

And therein lies the definition of Self-Centered.

Yep Bug Dragon...go on do what's good for you. The hell with anyone else.
"Besides what has anyone done for me?"

"Oh Beautyful for Spacious Skies..." Come on everyone, lets all sing...
what a great country this is.

Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

>This is a very good point. I believe, however, that I can further
>my cause by responding to angry diatribes in a calm, articulate
>manner.

Articuate you are. We know that you aren't ignorant in the vernacular.

But the keywords are "further my cause". This is the place we are testing
your lack of ignorance.

It seems that all the articulation has not gotten the point across to you
that your self serving action has been on the backs of others who have done
you no harm. That is not a very laudable point of defense.

Is this long enough to be considered a diatribe for you to continue to
further your cause?

Jean-Claude

Quoc T. Co

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

> But you must realize that posting these exploits just ruins the game further,
> and makes more el33t k-RaD hacker wannabes cheat and other things. The game
> cannot be fixed when the designers and programmers have to track these people
> down, let alone fix the bugs.

On the other hand, wouldn't you agree that as more players use these bugs, OSI
will be forced to work harder on fixing these bugs? And from what I'm reading
here... there are a lot of these bugs.

Quoc T. Co

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

Gorbash Getfall wrote:

> Now, I dont want to take sides (so that I dont offend anybody) but I do have
> the RIGHT to speak what I want.
>
> P.S. I dont mean to offend ANYBODY.
>

> Cheating is the lowest, most disgracefull act a human can perform in an
> environment which envolves gaming. Cheating is the easy way around or out
> of things, namely cheaters are lazy.
>

> I understand that bug dragon is upset but he has NO right to ruin the game

> for others who do like playing it. Its also an evident proof that Bug

> Dragon cant keep his temper and must resort to expressing his deep hatred
> towards the game by ruining it for others.
>

> Oh, one final note.
>
> Bug Dragon, I wouldnt touch your cheats with a 10 foot pole (your lazy) and
> also I wouldnt agree with anything you said for your an inconciderate,
> egotistical and conceeded player. Dont ruin it for us, keep it to your
> self.

"Keep it to yourself?" I, for one, would like to know more about these bugs.
Don't worry about me abusing these bugs though... I don't play this game any
more.

Do you really consider knowledge of these bugs to be so dangerous that you would
not want them posted? Have these bugs affect your gameplay in anyway since they
were posted? Do you really think that if these bugs were not posted here, then
all the 'innocent' players that you've mentioned would not be affected by these
bugs?

Bug Dragon

Mar 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/11/98

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 17:12:08 -0600, kem...@passion.dynet.com wrote:

>Some of these bugs must be bogus. I could not get the "keep bag on death" bug
>to work for the life of me.

I was able to do it a couple of times before I quit. The key thing
is to pick up your bag well before you die and to keep holding it...
DO NOT release your mouse button until after your ghost is resed.
Then it should drop into your primary pack. It is, however,
possible that OSI has fixed this one.

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

Talon Karrde

Mar 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/11/98

okay then, when do you feel cheating is justified?
If I am dissatisfied with something, I simply don't use it anymore. This
is a free country, you know.

That's just what I would do in that type of situation. Mabye you have a
different mindset than I.

Bug Dragon <B...@origin.ea.com> wrote in article

<6e3rcq$o...@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>...

Talon Karrde

Mar 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/11/98

If UO is dying, why are you making the situation worse? Was diablo dying?
Is that why there were so many cheaters?

Why not be a little more constructive, rather than destructive?

Bug Dragon <B...@origin.ea.com> wrote in article

<6e3uej$c...@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>...
> On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 08:43:40 -0800, "Gorbash Getfall"

> <deo...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Now, I dont want to take sides (so that I dont offend anybody) but I do
have
> >the RIGHT to speak what I want.
> >
> >P.S. I dont mean to offend ANYBODY.
>

> All evidence to the contrary.
>

> >Cheating is the lowest, most disgracefull act a human can perform in an
> >environment which envolves gaming. Cheating is the easy way around or
out
> >of things, namely cheaters are lazy.
>

> I do not completely agree with everything that you said; but suffice
> it to say that cheating is less than desireable. However, in an
> environment where cheating becomes common practice, it is almost a
> necessity to follow in suit just to remain on par with everyone else.
>

> >I understand that bug dragon is upset but he has NO right to ruin the
game

> >for others who do like playing it.
>

> > Its also an evident proof that Bug
> >Dragon cant keep his temper and must resort to expressing his deep
hatred
> >towards the game by ruining it for others.
>

> That's not exactly it; however, if you want to believe that, go
> right ahead. I would point out that I am not alone in how I feel.
> A group of 5 players has sued Origin. You can read all about it:
> http://headline.gamespot.com/news/98_03/09_uo/index.html
> Personally, I FULLY support their lawsuit! I believe that
> every one of their points is absolutely valid.
>

> >Oh, one final note.
> >
> >Bug Dragon, I wouldnt touch your cheats with a 10 foot pole (your lazy)
and
> >also I wouldnt agree with anything you said for your an inconciderate,
> >egotistical and conceeded player. Dont ruin it for us, keep it to your
> >self.

Bug Dragon

Mar 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/11/98

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 16:53:54 -0800, "Jean-Claude"
<ni...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>>This is a very good point. I believe, however, that I can further
>>my cause by responding to angry diatribes in a calm, articulate
>>manner.
>>

>Articuate you are. We know that you aren't ignorant in the vernacular.
>
>But the keywords are "further my cause". This is the place we are testing
>your lack of ignorance.

Almost everything that a person does in his/her lifetime, no matter
how noble the act, is self-serving. Why should it be so offensive
that my arguements are merely a vehicle by which I further my cause?

I am not posting information which is not publicly available. I am
simply adding to its dissemination. Most of the bugs I have posted
are not directly harmful to anyone nor should they, by their misuse,
cause injury that would not have been inflicted otherwise.

>It seems that all the articulation has not gotten the point across to you
>that your self serving action has been on the backs of others who have done
>you no harm. That is not a very laudable point of defense.

Is it not OSI, by their inability or unwillingness to fix the
problems, who are truly responsible for the greatest harm that comes
to the players? I was the suffered at the hands of those who exploit
bugs merely to harm others on more than one occassion. I might add
that, had I know about the bugs at the time, I would have been able
to prevent myself from being victimized. As it is, however, I called
upon the GM's to aid me when this happened. In each case, they were
interested only in "having a talk" with the perpetrators. As for my
loses (which were no small matter, I assure you), they could care
less. I mean, I actually felt like I was bothering them. In one
particular case where I was town-killed using a bug with magic
reflection, the GM actually suggested that I "band together with
others to fight this evil menace." I was totally taken aback by
his suggestion. I reinterated that I was killing with a throw
away character using a bug exploit and that I lost my two houses
(had keys and runes in my bag) because of it. His response...
"that's why you have to band together to fight these evil doers."
This guy was so far removed from reality I had a hard time
believing I was talking to a real person. That's just one tiny
example. The list goes on and on. Boats which disappear (not
decay, not stolen but actually vanish), equipment which vanishes
from bank boxes, lose of irreplacable items due to warpbacks
following server crashes... on and on. This is nothing new.
This has been going on since the beta and they STILL haven't
corrected the problem. *I* am not responsible for any of this.
These problem, by far, exceed any possible damage that could be
done by my posting bugs on this board. In fact, knowledge of
many of these bugs may even PREVENT someone from being victimized
in the future. At the very least, it makes the everyone aware
of just how many bugs this program has. Honestly, it's little
wonder they are being sued.

>Is this long enough to be considered a diatribe for you to continue to
>further your cause?
>
>Jean-Claude

It is not a diatribe at all. Certainly length has nothing to do
with it. I actually enjoy reading your posts. They are calm,
well thought-out and thought provoking. Many others are so
ready to be offended that they end up just slinging insults.
My hat is off to you.

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

Bug Dragon

Mar 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/11/98

On 11 Mar 1998 02:11:01 GMT, "Talon Karrde" <pyr...@flash.net> wrote:

>okay then, when do you feel cheating is justified?
>If I am dissatisfied with something, I simply don't use it anymore. This
>is a free country, you know.

You are absolutely correct. It is a free country. You are free
to decide not to use something and I am free to express my feelings
in this manner. To answer your question, I do not feel that cheating
is justified. That does not mean that I do not want to know about
the various methods for cheating. In many cases, knowledge of a
bug-exploit can help prevent you from becoming a victim.

>That's just what I would do in that type of situation. Mabye you have a
>different mindset than I.

I would submit that everyone has a different mindset, plain
and simple.

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

>Bug Dragon <B...@origin.ea.com> wrote in article

Jean-Claude

Mar 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/11/98

>On the other hand, wouldn't you agree that as more players use these bugs,
OSI
>will be forced to work harder on fixing these bugs? And from what I'm
reading
>here... there are a lot of these bugs.

I am sorry. I don't see the cause and effect here. I don't see how people
using bugs causes OSI to do anything. If OSI is customer oriented, then
letters to OSI about the use of bugs MAY get them to fix them. If OSI is
financially oriented, then quitting (not merely threatening to quit) and
writting them a respectful letter stating that you HAVE quit because you are
not getting any satifisfaction from your grievances over bug abuse is the
only thing that MAY get them to fix them.

OSI has shown that they are listening. Have you spent a moment considering
what it is like to be on their side of the issue. Have you tried to wear
their shoes for a moment? Do you care? Lack of satisfaction for your
desires from OSI does not equate to malicious disconcern by by them. They
may be negligent to some degree if they are profitting and not staffing up
to handle the demand but to change the UO world has to be a slow process.
It requires careful design decisions to not introduce technological problems
while fixing another and MOST IMPORTANTLY not to change the game balance to
fix a bug.

The reputation system is a perfect case in point as to their ability to hear
our complaints and take action. The majority have complained about the
notoriety system for a long time. They are designing, implementing, and
testing a major architectural shift in the game. That to me is
responsiveness.

They are working on lag. They spend alot of time analyzing the slippery
beast. Then, since it is complex and uncertain, they attempt their best
fix. It may work, it may work for a limited time, it may make things worse.
But they are trying.

The fact that Sonoma crashed constantly for a week is a problem. The fact
that it took a week to stop crashing is an inconvenience to us. Fixes take
time. But apparently they are doing something because it has stopped to
crash so frequently.

inarticulate, offending, immature, ill-considered, irrational, self-serving,
without any value added, and not funny will fall on deaf ears. OSI, I am
sure, does not respond to the "anger" component of any message. However, I
am sure it wears on them and eats at morale. That is not a good result of
our attempt to communicate our concerns.

detailed, timely, and with a real sense of patience and cooperation will be
gathered by the representatives of the development team and considered as
time and staffing allows. OSI is a business. We provide them the benefits
of success. They won't ignore that. They will ignore offensive, attacking
communiques.

My point is: we all want a better UO, lets not keep shooting ourselves in
the foot to try and get it. Be responsible, mature people who are
requesting a responsible, mature action from OSI. Lets not make their job
any harder for them by making them sift through all the noise to find the
few important messages.

Jean-Claude

Richard Rowe

Mar 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/11/98

Ok. I'll buy the fact that you're posting this for information sake.

Since you're not trying to be malicious against us players, would you
do us one favor if you're truely quitting? Take all of your
possessions (obviously a lot if you've been duping and such) and dump
them on a corpse so they will rot away and save us that much of lag?

Just a thought.

--

Richard Rowe
Team Bad Ace

THE Q-Zar Tournament Website:
http://www.mindspring.com/~qzar/

Maggot

Mar 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/12/98

Bug,
I would like to know if the enticement house break-in scam works with
all animals or just monsters. My house was broken into, and I am sure
the door was locked. The only creatures inside were sheep. Could they
have been enticed to open the door?

What is the URL of the site your listed cheats came from? If you don't
have he answer I need, maybe I can find it there.

> [...]

>target ANYTHING inside the house
>(chest, barrel, pack, etc.) with
>something like chain lighting or
>meteor swarm. It will work just
>as if the house were not there.
>
>Need to help an evil player with
>your "good" character? Cast of
>wall of stone or other field
>spell. This will set your criminal
>flag and will make all the red
>characters appear grey. You can
>then heal or resurrect as needed.
>
>Do you hate losing your shit when you
>die? Me too, fortunately there are
>a couple of things you can do to
>mitigate this lose. The best method
>is to keep everything (except your
>spellbook) in a secondary pack. When
>you know that your death is inescapable,
>pick your secondary pack up as though
>you were going to give it to someone
>(left-click and hold on the secondary
>pack and drag it out of your main pack).

Bug Dragon

Mar 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/12/98

I had significant possession on three servers (I've already quit,
by the way). I only cheated on one server. On THAT server I
had four houses. I gave everything away to as many people as
possible (trying to target specifically newbies and those who
would most likely be kind and generous to others).

I did not go hog-wild duping hundreds of thousands of gold
and reagents. I duped enough to keep me and my friends
comfortably stocked (under 1000 of each reg and less then
30,000 in the community house). I did not build a bunch of
structures (houses, tents, castles) I never intended to use.
It was never my goal to hurt anyone, merely to ascertain for
myself whether OSI could REALLY detect people who were duping.
Unfortunately, my suspicions were all but confirmed. After
weeks of cheating (and through two amnesty periods) OSI showed
no indications that they were aware of my activities.

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

Bug Dragon

Mar 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/12/98

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 00:33:44 GMT, Mag...@magworld.com (Maggot) wrote:

>Bug,
>I would like to know if the enticement house break-in scam works with
>all animals or just monsters. My house was broken into, and I am sure
>the door was locked. The only creatures inside were sheep. Could they
>have been enticed to open the door?

Keep in mind that I no longer play the game, so I do not have 1st
hand information. With that said, my understanding is that it only
works with a creature (or NPC) capable of opening the door.
Lizardmen, Ratmen, Headless'es and such. You can either entice
them to come out OR (and here's the big one) you can attack them
using the good old Allnames command and stand in front of the
house. They will walk out the front door to get at you.

Now I used to have a house where lots of monsters would spawn.
I did not much care for monsters spawn INSIDE my house, so I used
to put stuff on the floor (furs and junk from dungeons) to cover
all the bare spots. This effectively prevented monsters from
spawning in my house. I don't know if it still works. If it does,
then it is a defense against the latest house break-in bug.

>What is the URL of the site your listed cheats came from? If you don't
>have he answer I need, maybe I can find it there.

The URL is:
http://www.the-egg.net/bughouse/

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

Iron Messiah

Mar 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/12/98

Hahaha.

Wow. It's the whole British-Blackthorne debate in microcosm.

Law and chaos. Cheaters and non cheaters presenting fairly logical points
of view. Go figure.

I hate the whole idea of cheating, yet he actually HAS a point, as does
Mieke.

Ah, well, you two keep going. Just wanted to add in that stupidly ironic
note.

kain123

Mar 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/12/98

Hey Bug Dragon, can u please give me the URL of your page where you listen
the cheats.

B.

Maggot <Mag...@magworld.com> wrote in article
<35072c89...@news.erols.com>...

Richard Rowe

Mar 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/12/98

>I did not go hog-wild duping hundreds of thousands of gold
>and reagents. I duped enough to keep me and my friends
>comfortably stocked (under 1000 of each reg and less then
>30,000 in the community house). I did not build a bunch of
>structures (houses, tents, castles) I never intended to use.
>It was never my goal to hurt anyone, merely to ascertain for
>myself whether OSI could REALLY detect people who were duping.
>Unfortunately, my suspicions were all but confirmed. After
>weeks of cheating (and through two amnesty periods) OSI showed
>no indications that they were aware of my activities.

Sounds like you weren't a hardcore duper. I've heard of people who've
duped MILLIONS. Doesn't sound like you were a worst case senario at
all.

Thanks for not further littering the countryside with more useless
buildings, BTW.

Norm

Mar 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/13/98
to B...@origin.ea.com

Bug Dragon wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 20:40:18 GMT, kdreger#idm...@direct.ca (Ken
> Dreger) wrote:
>
> Thanks for the kind words. I'm hope everyone takes your
> example and quits this "game".
>
> Cheers!
> Bug Dragon

> >On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 19:54:05 GMT, B...@origin.ea.com (Bug Dragon) wrote:
> >

> >BAHAHAH Thanks Bug Dragon for the good read. Won't be able to test

Although I am not sure posting all the bugs is a good thing it probably
doesn't matter asthose who want to use them can find them easily enough. I
DO enjoy your replies to
those who send you rather heated responses. I appreciate your rather witty
replies to
the abuse you receive. I guess I can see the point of those who send the
abuse though
it would seem they are dishing out the sort of thing they claim to be
against. Keep up
the witty replies they are more interesting then the bugs. Though I admit
that after
reading some of the bugs I now know why so many nasty things happen to me
in the
game. AND I also know why some of the monsters have no treasure by the
time I
kill them. Thanks for the info.

Bug Dragon

Mar 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/13/98

On Fri, 13 Mar 1998 00:22:41 -0500, Norm <gryp...@interlog.com>
wrote:

I appreciate your supportive post. I'm glad you found the information
useful--it may not protect you, but at least you know what's going on.
That was one of my intentions in posting all those bugs in such a
public place.

Cheers!
Bug Dragon

Bug Dragon

Mar 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/13/98

kain123

Mar 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/14/98

Does anyone know how to dupe regs or gold?

Bug Dragon <B...@origin.ea.com> wrote in article

<6eahrm$i...@bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>...

Javier Simonpietri

Mar 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/14/98

kain123 wrote in message <01bd4f05$c5573720$6e5188cf@default>...

>Does anyone know how to dupe regs or gold?

It used to be possible and quite easy to do it also, but now it is
imposible. Origin fixed player induced timewarps and so they fixed duping.

JS

Feral Knight

Mar 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/16/98

Bug Dragon copies exploits from the BugHouse and posts them here.
<snip>

>>Cheers!
>>Bug Dragon

Sheesh, what a loser. Did you expect anyone to believe you thought those up all
by your lonesome? hehe....glad you are gone.

Michael Q. Lontz

Mar 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/18/98

Here's how you dupe. It has worked for me 100% of the time. However, you must
pay attention because if the plan is not followed precisely it will not work.

GET A JOB AND WORK FOR YOUR STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing worthwhile comes easy.

Quinn, Atlantic (Miner, Blacksmith, Merchant)