Your first character in a fighitng game.

Reiness

Mar 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/11/97

Morning all, just wondering who were the first characters that you
picked when you played a new fighter, As you can see from the following,
most of mine were female characters.

CAPCOM:
SF- Ryu(There were no females)
SF2:WW- Chun-li
SSF2T- Cammy
SFTM- Chun-Li
CyberBots- Don't remeber the robot, but the pilot was a girl.
SFA- A rose is a rose is a Rose
SFA2- As Mai would say...FATSAK(Sakura).
X-Men:COTA- Psylocke
MSH- Psylocke
SF V XMen- Cammy and Rogue team
SFEX- Pullum
SF3- Ibuki, then Elena
DS- Morrigan
DS2- Morrigan
Start Gladiators- What's her name with the Halo Sword

MIDWAY:
MK- Subby(okay so that strayed from norm, Sonya was played 2nd though)
MK2- Mileena
MK3- Cringe to think about playing it but....Kitana
UMK3- Jade

3-D GAMES(Not by Capcom)
TSD- What's her name, not the one with the whip..the other one..sorta
like an Eiji wannabe.
TSD2- Never played it, but it would have been the same chick.
VF1- Sarah
VF2- Pai
VF3- Aoi
TK- Law(Another stray...=)
TK2- Jun(Back on track. =)
3-D Gladiator- Really old Sega game, I used a guy.

ADK:
WH- Dragon(like everyone else), Jane was second though.
WH2- The nurse, forgot here name, was it Ryuki?
WHJ- The really wierd chick in the subway
(Actually I disliked the entire WH series.....so..)

SNK:
AOF1- Robert
AOF2- King
AOF3- Kasumi
FF1- Andy( Hey there were no females)
FF2- You know me..who else....Mai
FF3- Mary of course
FFS- Never played it
RBFF- Mary
RBS- Mai, then Mary, then Ex-Mary
SR(Savage Reign)- Carol
SS1- Nakoruru
SS2- Charlotte
SS3- Nakoruru( Then Rimururu)
SS4- Sogetsu, but Nak was played next. =)
KOF94- England
KOF95- Team gorgoeus
KOF96- King's Team
(See a trend going here?)

MISC:
Primal Rage- Vertigo, which for those who don't know is like the only
female character in that game.
Bloodstorm- That one girl who looked like an army commando.
Time Killers- Only played it once, it was female.
OMF2099- Crystal
TMNT:TT- The ninja girl, can't remeber her name.
Kasumi Ninja- Habaki, only becau'se the females weren't selectable at
first

WOW- That's a lot of games, younever know how many until youlist them.
These don't even include pre-SF1 classics like Yie-Ar-Kung-Fu

Marcus Graham

Mar 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/12/97

: Morning all, just wondering who were the first characters that you

: picked when you played a new fighter, As you can see from the following,
: most of mine were female characters.

[Cut out a bunch of shit that pretty much seemed like bragging to me or
something pretty damn close to it]

: WOW- That's a lot of games, younever know how many until youlist them.

: These don't even include pre-SF1 classics like Yie-Ar-Kung-Fu

Bog... Yie-Ar didn't have selectable characters. It's like... you put in
your quarter and then you are just this guy. Sorry no girl... Just this
guy.

Orange

jzh...@ucla.edu

Mar 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/12/97
to Marcus Graham

Marcus Graham wrote:

> : Morning all, just wondering who were the first characters that you
> : picked when you played a new fighter, As you can see from the following,
> : most of mine were female characters.
>
> [Cut out a bunch of shit that pretty much seemed like bragging to me or
> something pretty damn close to it]

Sorry 'bout that....guess I just got carried away BTW- How is that
braggin, I was just listing some games.

jzh...@ucla.edu

Mar 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/12/97
to Marcus Graham

> : WOW- That's a lot of games, younever know how many until youlist them.

> : These don't even include pre-SF1 classics like Yie-Ar-Kung-Fu
>
> Bog... Yie-Ar didn't have selectable characters. It's like... you put in
> your quarter and then you are just this guy. Sorry no girl... Just this
> guy.

Yes I know....

Reiness

Mar 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/12/97

jzh...@ucla.edu wrote:

> Marcus Graham wrote:
> >
> > : Morning all, just wondering who were the first characters that you
> > : picked when you played a new fighter, As you can see from the following,
> > : most of mine were female characters.
> >
> > [Cut out a bunch of shit that pretty much seemed like bragging to me or
> > something pretty damn close to it]
> >

> Sorry 'bout that....guess I just got carried away BTW- How is that
> braggin, I was just listing some games.

Oops had the wrong address

Paul Cordeiro

Mar 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/12/97

On Tue, 11 Mar 1997 08:47:12 -0800, Reiness <rle...@ucla.edu> wrote:

>Morning all, just wondering who were the first characters that you
>picked when you played a new fighter, As you can see from the following,
>most of mine were female characters.

I seem to have that same preference. At least later on in my "career."

>CAPCOM:
>SF- Ryu(There were no females)

Seen it, never played it.

>SF2:WW- Chun-li

Blanka once, then Ryu.

>SSF2T- Cammy

Akuma.

>SFTM- Chun-Li

Raiyuu. At least according to the announcer. ^_-

>SFA- A rose is a rose is a Rose

Ryu. However, I achieved Anti-Shotokan Enlightenment after a couple
months of SFA. Guy 'n Rose all the way!

>SFA2- As Mai would say...FATSAK(Sakura).

Sakura.

>X-Men:COTA- Psylocke

Silver Samurai (trying to get Akuma 9_9).

>MSH- Psylocke

Haven't played MSH yet, but will most likely pick Psylocke first.

>SF V XMen- Cammy and Rogue team

That was my first team too.

>SFEX- Pullum

When SFEX finally gets to Edmonton (it hasn't yet >_<), I'm going to
try Hokuto first.

>SF3- Ibuki, then Elena

When it gets here, I'll try Ibuki, then Elena, then Sean.

>DS- Morrigan

Morrigan.

>DS2- Morrigan

It never came out where I live. -_-

>MIDWAY:
>MK- Subby(okay so that strayed from norm, Sonya was played 2nd though)

Scorpion.

>MK2- Mileena

Baraka.

>MK3- Cringe to think about playing it but....Kitana

I don't think Kitana was in MK3.. anyway, I tried Smoke.

>UMK3- Jade

I gave up on MK by then.

>3-D GAMES(Not by Capcom)
[...]
>VF1- Sarah

Jacky.

[...]
>TK- Law(Another stray...=)

Michelle.

>TK2- Jun(Back on track. =)

Michelle.

>SNK:
>SS1- Nakoruru

Ditto.

>SS2- Charlotte

Cham-Cham, then Nakoruru.

>KOF94- England

Same.

>KOF96- King's Team

Slight modification: I chucked Kasumi and stuck Yuri back in.

>MISC:

>TMNT:TT- The ninja girl, can't remeber her name.

Aska's her name.

>WOW- That's a lot of games, younever know how many until youlist them.
>These don't even include pre-SF1 classics like Yie-Ar-Kung-Fu

Well, it has been many years...

****Madoka*Ayukawa***Setsuna*Meiou****Linna*Yamazaki***Kiyone*Makibi****
* *
* / PAUL CORDEIRO, juunanasai. \ An anime fan from Edmonton, Canada. *
* \ "Oh yeah, that's the goods!" / E-mail: shi...@icrossroads.com *
* *
****Kanuka*Clancy***Natsumi*Tsujimoto****Arisa*Mitaka***Ukyou*Kuonji****
-----------------------------
SFA2 Code v2.0: !ARK(+) Sk+ Gy>+ Cl Rs v+ t g->+ m s+ 2+ r@- n: o+

Derek Schaffer

Mar 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/12/97

Reiness wrote:

> MK3- Cringe to think about playing it but....Kitana

As an old math teacher of mine used to say to me all the time...
would you care to reconsider? Kitana wasn't in MK3, she only
showed up again in UMK3. Sindel? Sheeva? Sonya? Maybe you've
just blocked it out altogether. :)

\\\ Derek Schaffer ///
\\ dsch...@accent.net //
\ http://www.accent.net/dschaffer/ /

Hamlet: "To what base uses we may return, Horatio! Why
may not imagination trace the noble dust of
Alexander, till 'a find it stopping a bunghole?"

"Empowered" Ryu

Mar 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/12/97

Reiness wrote:

> Morning all, just wondering who were the first characters that you
> picked when you played a new fighter, As you can see from the following,
> most of mine were female characters.
>
> CAPCOM:
SF- Ryu
SF2:Blanca
SF2-WW: Ryu
SF2T:Ryu
SSF2:Ryu
SFA2-Ryu
X-Men:COTA-Wolvie
MSH-Wolvie
SF V XMen-Ryu & Wolvie
DS- John Talbain (Werewolf)
MK- What's-his-face-with-a-fireball-and-bike-kick.
Time Killers- That Mutant thing with the Blade hands, I can't rememeber
TMNT:TT- Rapheal

This probably doesn't make me look to good with all the WOlvie's and
Ryu's. But Ii'll have you know I TRY everyone after I play with those
two. I've actually started to get decent with Guy, Rose, and Adon. And
as far as MSH and those go, I never got to play enough to try anyone
else. (Yea, yea, lame excuse...)
"Empowered" Ryu

Danyaw Chen

Mar 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/12/97

Reiness (rle...@ucla.edu) wrote:
: CAPCOM:

: SF- Ryu(There were no females)
Ken....got stuck on the second player side.
: SF2:WW- Chun-li
Guile
: SSF2T- Cammy
Fei Long....it was the whole screaming thing.
: SFA- A rose is a rose is a Rose
Guy
: SFA2- As Mai would say...FATSAK(Sakura).
Gen...had to try the whole two styles thing
: X-Men:COTA- Psylocke
Spiral...just looked fun.
: MSH- Psylocke
HULK SMASH!
: SF V XMen- Cammy and Rogue team
Gambit and Rogue
: DS- Morrigan
Sasquatch
: DS2- Morrigan
Donovan
: MIDWAY: Oh god no...not them!
: MK- Subby(okay so that strayed from norm, Sonya was played 2nd though)
Raiden
: MK2- Mileena
Kitana
: 3-D GAMES(Not by Capcom)

: TSD- What's her name, not the one with the whip..the other one..sorta
That would be Ellis...I think I used Sophia first.
: VF1- Sarah
Akira
: VF2- Pai
Shun
: VF3- Aoi
Shun again
: TK- Law(Another stray...=)
Nina
: TK2- Jun(Back on track. =)
Lei
: ADK:

: WH- Dragon(like everyone else), Jane was second though.
Sounds familiar...
: WH2- The nurse, forgot here name, was it Ryuki?
Nurse?! Ryoko...anyway I tried Kidd first
: WHJ- The really wierd chick in the subway
Ryo Fu...or something like that...my first in WHP too.
:
: SNK:
: AOF1- Robert
Not much choice...one or the other
: AOF2- King
Yuri
: AOF3- Kasumi
Oh god I sorta remember this lousy game...think I picked the guy in the
suit.
: FF1- Andy( Hey there were no females)
Joe
: FF2- You know me..who else....Mai
How many people did not?
: FF3- Mary of course
Hon Fu
: FFS- Never played it
Krauser
: RBFF- Mary
Duck King
: RBS- Mai, then Mary, then Ex-Mary
Laurence
: SR(Savage Reign)- Carol
The clown guy I think
: SS1- Nakoruru
Ukyo or Charlotte...one of the two
: SS2- Charlotte
Cham Cham
: SS3- Nakoruru( Then Rimururu)
Shizumaru or Basara
: SS4- Sogetsu, but Nak was played next. =)
Charlotte
: KOF94- England
Psycho Soldiers!
: KOF95- Team gorgoeus
Rival Team
: KOF96- King's Team

: (See a trend going here?)
Boss Team
: WOW- That's a lot of games, younever know how many until youlist them.

: These don't even include pre-SF1 classics like Yie-Ar-Kung-Fu
Um what could you pick? Only one character in Yie Ar, and in Karate Champ
it was the same as SFI...white guy or red guy

Reiness

Mar 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/12/97
to Paul Cordeiro

> >MIDWAY:

> >MK- Subby(okay so that strayed from norm, Sonya was played 2nd though)
>
> Scorpion.
>
> >MK2- Mileena
>
> Baraka.

> >MK3- Cringe to think about playing it but....Kitana
>
> I don't think Kitana was in MK3.. anyway, I tried Smoke.

You're right, got sidetrakced, meant in MK@ tried Mileena then Baraka,
My first for 3 was Suby, then Kang.

> >TMNT:TT- The ninja girl, can't remeber her name.
>
> Aska's her name.

Yeah thanks.

Marie Bucud

Mar 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/12/97

> Reiness wrote:
> >
> > Morning all, just wondering who were the first characters that you
> > picked when you played a new fighter,

CAPCOM:
SF- Guess...Ryu
SF2-WW: Guile
SF2T:Blanka
SSF2:Fei Long
SFA:Charlie
SFA2-Birdie/Sodom was usually a toss up
SF3:Ummm The Boxer guy...whats his name...Either him or Alex
X-Men:COTA:Sentinel
MSH-Hulk
SF V XMen- Charlie & Wolvie
Neo Geo
SamuraiS- Galford
SS2-Galford
SS3-Galford (duh!)
FatalF-Joe
FF2-Joe
FF3-Andy (heh Got tired of Joe)
Midway
MK- Scorpion
MK2- Sub Zero
MK3- Scorpion
UMK- Ermac

cg...@hooked.net

Mar 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/12/97

In article <33258C...@ucla.edu>, Reiness <rle...@ucla.edu> wrote:

> Morning all, just wondering who were the first characters that you

> picked when you played a new fighter, As you can see from the following,
> most of mine were female characters.

<list deleted>

This sure brings back memories.

Well, there was Karate Champ (a lot of selection there!!)

Street Fighter - Ryu (same as above!!)

The one I used to play had those cool 'pounding' buttons. You know, the
big fat ones. I got a kick out of Dragon Punching and pulling off 40%
damage when it connected.

SF2 - Guile. Loved the Flash Kick, couldn't play anyone else worth s**t.
SF2CE - Sagat. (Tiger! Tiger! Tiger! ad nauseum)
SF2T - Vega, then Chun-Li. Yeah, so I got dragged in by her lame FB too.
SSF2 - Fei Long. The coolest Bruce Lee clone ever (at that time)
SSF2T - Blanka (he finally developed into an OK fighter), then AKUMA!
SFA - Sodom. Once I learned the Tengu Walk and Carpet Bomb, I never
played with anyone else.
SFA2 - Dan. I thought he was so cool in SFA. The Super Rolling Taunt ruled!
SF3 - Oro. Weird, but good anyway.
SF vs. XMEN - Akuma and Chun-Li (alpha) Just trying the codes. Hated the
game after my first play.

SS - Gen-an. The BEST character EVER in a fighting game.
SS2 - Hanzo. (of course, I switched to Ukyo and thought I was so good HA
HA!) Then I played with Kuroko at home and spent hours beating the crap
out of the second player over and over and over.
SS3 - Bust Hanzo. You HAVE to love his super! (rt rt rt...POW POW POW
BBBOOOOOMMM!)
SS4 - Slash Hanzo. The dpb+any button warp is even better now!

There're others, but I could go on for pages.

Oh yeah, one last one:

KOF '96 - Andy, Goro, and Chin. Unstoppable!

-K. M.

c/o <cg...@hooked.net>

www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/7990/index.html

Ferral [fWo]

Mar 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/13/97

Lesse, it was my freshman year of college, or my junior. I walked into
the local pool hall and arcade and there was my first sight of Street
Fighter 2. Well I hadn't seen the first one but everyone looked like they
were having a ball playing. So I put in my quarter ( a credit for a single
quarter! I'm not making this up, it really was that cheap back then! :) )
and I had no idea what to do. Who's that yellow guy, he looks interesting.
Blanka, huh? (You have to understand I have thisfreaky color blindness
that makes Blanka look yellow to me. This is the only color in the world
taht fucks with me. Must be overexposure to Lucky Charms).

Blanka was my first character and I whipped ass just by hitting a bunch
of buttons and wigglng the joystick around. Chun-Li flattened me later but
I still have fond memories of my first SF experience.

--
[The preceeding post has been paid for by the fWo]

#####################################
# fWo - fERRAL World oRDER #
# fer...@scsn.net #
#####################################
# Not a Marvel (tm) stockholder #
# ---- #
# Charlie lives #
#####################################

Dave Litchman

Mar 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/13/97

Ferral [fWo] wrote:

> Blanka was my first character and I whipped ass just by hitting a bunch
> of buttons and wigglng the joystick around. Chun-Li flattened me later but
> I still have fond memories of my first SF experience.

Ferral, you played SF2:WW? But... but... there was no Akuma in that
game! And Guile's ending implies that Charlie is dead! This is so
unlike you, Ferral.

Richard Huie

Mar 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/13/97

rhuie:
the first time i played the street fighter games were the old sf2, not
the turbo and not the championship.
well i used chun-li. for not knowing any moves i did pretty good

mortal kombat-scorpion
sf turbo,accelerated,alpha2,alpha-ken
super sf-cammy/feilong
mk2-baraka
mk3-smoke
ultiamtemk3-jade/human smoke
vf-johnny

hey ya every heard of virtual on???
it's this new game that saturn is coming out with, graphics are ok,
fighting is ok, no combos though. it's pretty hard!!!

i haven't played too many fighting games but i pretty much sticked to sf
and mk. i prefer sf thought, better story line.
rh

jarnone

Mar 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/13/97

Interesting thread....

SF2: Guile
SFA: Ken (hey, don't complain - I moved to Guy!)
SFA2: Rolento
MSH: Cap. America
Darkstalkers: Talbain/Demetri tie

SNK Stuff...
FF: Terry
FF2: Kim
FFS: Duck
FF3: Geese
SS: Ukyo
SS2-4: GENJURO!!
KOF'94: team Korea
KOF'95: Iori, Billy, Terry or Kyo, Robert, Terry
KOF'96: Mature, Iori, Geese
AoF1-2: Robert
World Heroes: Janne
WH2-Perfect: Mudman

Others:
VF1-2: Jacky
Tekken: Law

The BKeeper

Mar 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/13/97

jarnone (jar...@memphis.edu) wrote:
: Interesting thread....

You got that right

How about a favorite character in a fighting game thread?

: SF2: Guile

Capcom

SF2: Ryu (didn't know shit)
SF2WW: Above, then everyone else, settled on Blanka..HE WAS BAD!
SF2CE(Anyone remember that one?): Bison..HE ROCKED! (Chun, Ken, Honda, and
Guile were added to favs list)
SF2T: Blanka (got bored though)

SSF2: New Guys: all, then settled on Fei Long cause I like Bruce Lee,
DeeJay was cool too.
Old Boys: Blanka!! (Bison was fucked up (3 sec. charge), but ok)
Ken become #2 man (Love that Fierce Dragon!)

SSF2T: Blanka ('till 10 star code found for SNES SSF2), then met my all
time #1- AKUMA!! THE ULTIMATE BADASS!!!

SFA: Ryu
SFA2: Heeelllooo Akuma!!!

XMEN-COTA: Colusseus (forgot spelling)..found Akuma code, but Six Flags
dumped machine..reminds me: On Science Day at Six Flags, they
had a SF2 on big screen. We broke the quarter slot so it swung
out, and...BINGO! FREE GAME!! All you had to do was shake a
small rod inside the slot, and you was in!

MSH: Wolvie..who else? I was a scrub (Forgive me Lord, for I have sinned!)
XMenVsSF(Just arrived): Ryu/Ken, then Akuma/Chun-Li
(scrub no more, but combos aren't my specialty)

SF3(haven't played, BTW, is there one in the atlanta area?): will be Ryu

MidWay(Have all MKs except Ultimate - $280 waste ($70 apiece))

MK(Good): Rayden, the everyone else, settled on Scorpion
MK2(Nice): "Get Over Here!", Rayden now #2, Kitana #3
M...K........3(Puke, can't even say it!): (What?! No Rayden?!) Scorpion
UltimateMK3: Scorpion (Forgive me Lord, for I have sinned again!)

Others

VF: Cage
VF2: Cage, Jeffry
VF3: Can't find it, DAMN!!
Tekken: King/Law
Tekken2: DAMN!! (See above)
SoulEdge: lady with Bo-like weapon (Can't remember name)
Fighting Vipers(Yuck!): Can't remember, was a lady, wearing red
(I think)

SamShoDwn: hotshot-like ninja..had blades..black hair..wore white/blue
FatFury: Terry, then Duck King (loved that Bo weapon!)
Primal Rage(Puke, vomit, choke): Chaos/Blizzard

--
BKeeper

CreeD

Mar 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/14/97

>CAPCOM:
>SF- Ryu(There were no females)

Ken.

>SF2:WW- Chun-li

Chun-li.

CE: Vega

HF: Balrog, or Bison. I forget. Probably Ken.

>SSF2T- Cammy

Fei Long.

>SFTM- Chun-Li

bwahahahaa

>CyberBots- Don't remeber the robot, but the pilot was a girl.

The thing with the airbag and dragon punch was mine.

>SFA- A rose is a rose is a Rose

Ken.

>SFA2- As Mai would say...FATSAK(Sakura).

Ken?

>X-Men:COTA- Psylocke

Psylocke, yup.

>MSH- Psylocke

Same.

>SF V XMen- Cammy and Rogue team

never played, yaaay.

>SFEX- Pullum
>SF3- Ibuki, then Elena

Lucky bastard. Life beyond SFvsXMEN?

>DS- Morrigan

Jon Talbain I think.

>DS2- Morrigan

Rikuo.

>Start Gladiators- What's her name with the Halo Sword

bwahahahaaaa

>MIDWAY:
>MK- Subby(okay so that strayed from norm, Sonya was played 2nd though)

Scorpion.

>MK2- Mileena

Raiden.

>MK3- Cringe to think about playing it but....Kitana

uhm. I played it once or twice. Scorpion I imagine.

>UMK3- Jade

bwaaahaaaaaa

>3-D GAMES(Not by Capcom)
>TSD- What's her name, not the one with the whip..the other one..sorta

>like an Eiji wannabe.

Ellis?

>TSD2- Never played it, but it would have been the same chick.

Never played either.

>VF1- Sarah

Jeffry.

>VF2- Pai

Jeffry!

>VF3- Aoi

Pai. Aoi on the first "Real" version.

>TK- Law(Another stray...=)

>TK2- Jun(Back on track. =)

aieeeee!

>3-D Gladiator- Really old Sega game, I used a guy.

I remember that. ack.

>ADK:
>WH- Dragon(like everyone else), Jane was second though.

>WH2- The nurse, forgot here name, was it Ryuki?

>WHJ- The really wierd chick in the subway

>(Actually I disliked the entire WH series.....so..)

ADK? And are these World Heroes?
My first WH guy was the bruce lee with the redizzy, then
in 2 it was the pirate <ArrrR!> and then I never saw WHPerfect.

>SNK:
>AOF1- Robert

Yeah, with the "cool kicks"..woooohhh!

>AOF2- King

Guile-clone.

>AOF3- Kasumi

never played.

>FF1- Andy( Hey there were no females)

Same here. Dash all day for free!

>FF2- You know me..who else....Mai

I played it once.. with Mai.

>FF3- Mary of course

naaaah.

>FFS- Never played it

naaah.

>RBFF- Mary

naaah. By now I'm into VF.

>RBS- Mai, then Mary, then Ex-Mary

>SR(Savage Reign)- Carol
>SS1- Nakoruru

Gen-An.

>SS2- Charlotte

Gen-An.

>SS3- Nakoruru( Then Rimururu)

nope, didn't play it.

>SS4- Sogetsu, but Nak was played next. =)

One play with Tam Tam I think.

>KOF94- England
>KOF95- Team gorgoeus

>KOF96- King's Team
>(See a trend going here?)

nope, no KOF for me.

>MISC:
>Primal Rage- Vertigo, which for those who don't know is like the only
>female character in that game.
>Bloodstorm- That one girl who looked like an army commando.
>Time Killers- Only played it once, it was female.

Bwahahahahaa to all of these.

>OMF2099- Crystal

Here's a serious game now. I picked speedy asian guy with the
ponytail as my pilot, and my first, best bot was chronos.

>TMNT:TT- The ninja girl, can't remeber her name.

WingNut.

>Kasumi Ninja- Habaki, only becau'se the females weren't selectable at
>first

What's this game?!

>WOW- That's a lot of games, younever know how many until youlist them.
>These don't even include pre-SF1 classics like Yie-Ar-Kung-Fu

Or all the home system crap like power instinct, etc.. yah.
Don't forget puzzle fighter ;)
Ken all the way.

/------------------/
| sig in a box. |
/------------------/

Standard blathering.
"Standard" -Quote
Stan...@email.address

CreeD@home :)

-Me...@clinic.net-

Net Newz

Mar 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/14/97

>These don't even include pre-SF1 classics like Yie-Ar-Kung-Fu<

I LOVED that!!!!!!

Net Newz: From Around the World of Gaming

"Now THAT'S what I call a GREAT free newsletter from a bitchin' editor!" -Game Otaku

For a free issue; mail the editor-in-chief at: Net Ne...@aol.com
"Now THIS is manly style game-play!" -E.Storm

SW White

Mar 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/14/97

: > Reiness wrote:
: > >
: > > Morning all, just wondering who were the first characters that you
: > > picked when you played a new fighter,

SF - Ken!
SF2 - Blanka/Dhalsim
SF2T - Guile
SSF2 - Zangief (Having finally mastered 360s)
SSF2T - Fei Long (Put fear into scrubs)
SFA - Rose
SFA2 - Zangief/Dhalsim
DS2 - Hsien Ko (Too cute ^_^)
Xmen COTA - Psylocke

MK2 - Sub Zero

Primal Rage - Blizzard? Big blue monkey dude, anyway.

VF2 - Kage (Love the TFT)

Kyle

Mar 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/14/97

SW White wrote:

MK2 - Sub Zero

SF: Ryu
SF2: Blanka
SF2CE: Vega
SSF2: T-Hawk
Marvel: Juggy!!!!
XvsSF: Juggy/Zangief (Bison came later)
VF: Wolf
VF2: Wolf
VF3: Wolf/Jeffrey

Kyle Kilzer
[ky...@ucsd.edu]

-- The Big Men --
Zangief, Juggy, Bison, Wolf, Jeffrey, and now Alex

Gaz

Mar 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/14/97

>> : WOW- That's a lot of games, younever know how many until youlist them.
>> : These don't even include pre-SF1 classics like Yie-Ar-Kung-Fu
>>
>> Bog... Yie-Ar didn't have selectable characters. It's like... you put in
>> your quarter and then you are just this guy. Sorry no girl... Just this
>> guy.

He was called 'Oolong.'
--
Gaz
"Lord Vader - The Emperor demands you make contact with him!"

Geoff Price

Mar 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/14/97

> just wondering who were the first characters that
> you picked when you played a new fighter

SF2 - Blanka
SFA(2) - Sodom
SF3 - Alex
Primal Rage - Diablo
MSH - Blackheart

--
Geoff Price
Ge...@CalibanMW.com

AidZ

Mar 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/15/97

Oh yeah... here we go...
First characters...

CAPCOM
======
SF1 - Ryu (I knew one guy who loved Ken so much he put in two credits and
fought Ryu himself and then he could play using Ken....)
SF2 - Ryu
SF2CE - Vega
SSF2 - Cammy
SSF2T - Dhalsim
SFA - Guy
SFA2 - Sakura
SF3 - Sean
SFEX - Ken
XM:COTA - Wolverine
MSH - Iron Man
SFvsXM - Dhalsim/Gambit
DS - Demetri
DS2 - Sasquatch

SEGA
====
VF - Jacky
VF2 - Jacky
VF3 - Sarah
FV - Candy/Honey
Fighters Megamix - Candy/Honey
Last Bronx - Kurosawa
Sonic Fighters - Sonic
VO - Amphrad
DorA - Kasumi

MIDWAY
======
MK - Kano
MK2 - Kung Lao
MK3 - SubZero
KI - Orchid

NAMCO
=====
TK - Law
TK2 - Jun
TK3 - Kazuya
SE - Rock
Psychic Fighters - Wendy

SNK
===
AOF - Ryo
AOF2 - Robert
AOF3 - Ryo
FF - Terry
FF2 - Terry
FF3 - Terry
FFRB - Terry
FFRBS - Terry
(See a trend yet ?)
SS - Haohmaru
SS2 - Cham Cham
SS3 - Naks
KOF94 - Italy Team
KOF95 - Non-edit - Japan Team
Edit - Kyo, Iori, Terry
KOF96 - Non-edit - Japan Team
Edit - Iori, Clark, Chang
WH - Hanzo
WH2 - Hanzo
WHJ - Hanzo
WakuWaku7 - The girl with the large pink animal
Galaxy Fight - Forgot.. I think it was the catgirl

Erm... I guess that's it... I'm sure there are more...

Aidz

________________________________
|\_____________________________ | Adrian Y Hsiah
\_____________________________/ / aidz-...@nwu.edu
______ __ _____ / / http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~ayh634
|\ __ \ |\ \ |\ _ \_ / / "I am Gheorghe Muresan !"
\\ \_\ \ \\ \ \\ \\ \ / / - Gheroghe Muresan
\\ __ \ \\ \ \\ \\ \ / /_______________________________________
\\_\_\_\ \\_\ \\____\|\_________________________________________\
\_| \_| \__| \____|\__________________________________________|

Jang Choe

Mar 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/15/97

On Tue, 11 Mar 1997 08:47:12 -0800, Reiness <rle...@ucla.edu> wrote:

>Morning all, just wondering who were the first characters that you
>picked when you played a new fighter, As you can see from the following,
>most of mine were female characters.

I'll just follow your outline if you don't mind.

>CAPCOM:
>SF- Ryu(There were no females)

Ken

>SF2:WW- Chun-li

Ken

>SSF2T- Cammy

Ken

>SFTM- Chun-Li

Ken (yeah, I've used him since SF days)

>SFA- A rose is a rose is a Rose

Ken (yawn)

>SFA2- As Mai would say...FATSAK(Sakura).

Sakura

>X-Men:COTA- Psylocke

Wolvi (you get the feeling I'm a scrub? :)

>MSH- Psylocke

never played

>SF V XMen- Cammy and Rogue team

can't decide, I suck at that game anyway. (Too many good players
kicking my ass so I can't practice)

>DS- Morrigan

Donavan

>DS2- Morrigan

Hsing Koh

>MK- Subby(okay so that strayed from norm, Sonya was played 2nd though)

Raiden

>MK2- Mileena

Kung Lao

>MK3- Cringe to think about playing it but....Kitana

uhh that guy with those twin hooks.

>UMK3- Jade

Septor

>VF1- Sarah

Jacky

>VF2- Pai

Lion

>TK- Law(Another stray...=)

Michaelle

>TK2- Jun(Back on track. =)

Lei

>WH- Dragon(like everyone else), Jane was second though.

Dragon

>SNK:

>FF1- Andy( Hey there were no females)

Kim

>FF2- You know me..who else....Mai

Kim

>SS1- Nakoruru

Ukyo

>SS2- Charlotte

Ukyo

>SS3- Nakoruru( Then Rimururu)

Ukyo

>SS4- Sogetsu, but Nak was played next. =)

>KOF94- England

Korean

>KOF95- Team gorgoeus

kim, Sho, joe

>KOF96- King's Team

ditto

>TMNT:TT- The ninja girl, can't remeber her name.

Donatello

scrub and proud of it

Wenchi Liao

Mar 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/15/97

In article <cgfm2-12039...@tuna-28.ppp.hooked.net>,

<cg...@hooked.net> wrote:

>SS - Gen-an. The BEST character EVER in a fighting game.

YES! YES! YES! Although Ukyo was way cool....

WL

Chris Milliken

Mar 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/17/97

SW White wrote:

(snip)

SF - (unfortunately Never played the arcade vers... Ryu on PC/Amiga)
SF2 - Chun Li
SF2T - Zangief
SSF2 - Bison
SSF2T - Cammy
SFA - Rose
SFA2 - Gen
DS - Morrigan
Xmen COTA - Psylocke

MK - Raiden
> MK2 - Sub Zero
Mileena
MK3 - Sindel

> Primal Rage - Blizzard? Big blue monkey dude, anyway.

Never Played it

> VF2 - Kage (Love the TFT)

Wolf (what can I say he and Akira RULE!!!)
VF3 - Aoi

Samuel Chan

Mar 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/17/97

In article <33258C...@ucla.edu>, Reiness wrote:
:> Morning all, just wondering who were the first characters that you
:> picked when you played a new fighter, [...]

Here's mine:

SF : Ryu
SF2 - Classic : E.Honda
CE : M.Bison
HF : Chun-li
Super : Cammy
ST : Vega
SF3 : Alex
SFZ : Adon
SFZ2 : Gen
SFZ2A : Evil Ryu
SFEX : Skullomania
SFTM : Blade
DS : Lord Raptor
DS2 : Huitzil
XMOTA : Sentinel
MSH : Spider-man
XvSF : Cammy / Juggernaut
Cyberbots : Jackal
Red Earth : Leo
Slam Master II : Wraith

--
Login name: shbchan In real life: Samuel Chan
Directory: /lost+found/shbchan Shell: /usr/games/fish

John Culbert

Mar 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/17/97

Here's my fav characters:

SF2 - Classic : Zangief, Guile
CE : Sagat
HF : Zangief, Sagat
Super : Guile, Fei Long
ST : Zangief, Sagat
SF3 : ?? (haven't played yet)
SFA : Adon
SFA2 : Adon, Zangief, Evil Ryu
SFEX : D. Dark, Guile, Ken
NW : Bishamon, Talbain
XMOTA : Cyclops, Colossus
MSH : Magneto, Juggernaut, Hulk, Shuma Gorath, Captain America
(I really like this game!)
XvSF : Sabretooth, Charlie, Cyclops, Juggernaut

John Culbert
tige...@geocities.com

"I am a Muay Thai master. You are sucking gravel."

-Adon, SFA2

Øystein Andersen

Mar 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/18/97

Hi, there here's my list:

SF2 : RYU
SF2 Champion edition: Ken
SF2X : Akuma (Goki)
SFZ : Akuma
SFZ2 : SuperSF2X Akuma
Tekken : Paul Phoneix
Tekken2 : Heihachi Mishima
Tekken3 : Jin
Mortal Kombat : Sub-Zero
MK2 : Scorpion
Mk3 : Sub-Zero
UMK3 : Classic Sub-Zero
Killer Instinct : Eyedol
Killer Instinct 2 : B-Orcid
Soul Edge : Lee Long
VF1 : Sahra Bryant
VF2 : Akira
VF3 : Akira
Slam Masters : Hagar+Scorpion
Slam Masters 2 : Wraith+Scorpion

/Armorking

Yves De Bruyne

Mar 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/19/97

Hi, there here's my list:

SF2 : not played
SF2 Champion edition: Vega (spain)
SSF2 : Sagat, FeiLong
SFZ : Guy
SFZ2 : Akuma
Tekken : Law
Tekken2 : Heihachi Mishima
Tekken3 : not played (not out here, either...)
Mortal Kombat : Sub-Zero
MK2 : Kage
Mk3 : never
UMK3 : nope
Killer Instinct : Glacius/The Predator
Killer Instinct 2 : nope
Soul Edge : Lee Long
VF1 : Pai
VF2 : Pai/The chinese (cook?)
VF3 : The Sumo
Primal Rage : The Voodoo spell dino
Power Instinct : The Guy with the Blue Jeans

Samurai Shodown : Haohmaru
Samurai Shodown 2 : Wan-Fu/Sieger
Samurai Shodown 3 : Bust Ukio/Bust Galford/Bust Haohmaru
Samurai Shodown 4 : Slash Jubei
Fatal Fury : Andy Bogard
Fatal Fury Special : Duck King
Fatal Fury 3 : Geese Howard
Real Bout Fatal Fury: Yamasaki Riuji
RBFF Special : Blue Mary
King of Fighters 94 : Team USA/Japan
King of Fighters 95 : Kio Kusanagi/Iori Yagami/Takuma Sakazaki
King of Fighters 96 : Geese Homard/Kim Kapwhan/Kio Kusanagi

--
________ _______ ____ ____ _____
/_ __/ /_/ / ___// _ \/ _ \/ ___/ Yves De Bruyne - The DOC

KKKWO1

Mar 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/20/97

SF - Played the CBM64 version (Both), You didn't miss much.
SF2 - E.Honda (I think)
SF2T - Guile
SSF2 - Bison
SSF2T - Vega
SFA - Chun Li
SFA2 - Chun Li
SFvX - Gambit/Charlie
SFEX - Chun Li
SF3 - Alex (the reason behind my original view of the game).

DS - Morrigan
DS2 - Morrigan

MK - Scorpian
MK2 - Scorpian
MK3 - (Didn't really bothered - Liu Kang I think)

Kaiser Knukles - The girl with the bird.

FF - Joe
FF2 - Joe
FF2S - Joe
(I think you're starting to see a pattern here)
KoF95 - Joe, and Bogards.
KoF96 - ""
Kof97 - Leone and Co.

Red Earth - The Magic user.

Double Dragons (Movie version - sigh, underrated) - Billy.

That's it I think.