AARGH!! It's actually a Causeway Error 09!!

已查看 48 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Lysander

未读,
1997年7月17日 03:00:001997/7/17
收件人

Are you dense? Mercenaries D3D - that's Direct3D, which REQUIRES
Windows95. Obviously, it will not work in DOS...

Walter Keil <wk...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in article
<33CE27...@worldnet.att.net>...
> Strider wrote:
> >
> > I apologize for wasting bandwith with the wrong error type earlier, but
is
> > anyone else getting this:
> >
> > Causeway Error 09 Unrecoverable internal exception Exception: 0D
Error
> > Code: 016C
> >
> > stuff
> >
> > System Flags=80000000
> >
> > ?????
> >
> > This is what I'm seeing in DOS mode using v1.08 on a 3D Blaster, though
it
> > runs fine in Win95...
> Well sir, join the club. Do you think i can play mercenaries in dos? I
> can't because every time i want to play i get the error you get. Thats
> all mercenaries is, is some error machine, all it does is make me
> reboot!!

Jester

未读,
1997年7月20日 03:00:001997/7/20
收件人
I dunno..I only play Mercs for DOS, and it's turned into an error bonaza
for me as well. Causeway error: 09 - unrecoverable exception, mixed in
with the occasional Mechwarrior 2 Page error or divide overflow.

So in sympathy to all who experience the same....

AARGHHHHHH!

Strider

未读,
1997年7月22日 03:00:001997/7/22
收件人

Lysander wrote:

> Are you dense? Mercenaries D3D - that's Direct3D, which REQUIRES
> Windows95. Obviously, it will not work in DOS...

I apologize to everyone else for wasting their time, but I tried to reply
to lysander and it appears even removing REMOVE from his address will still
not allow direct mail.

Lysander: It appears that you wrote the words above in answer to my query
about the
causeway exception error, and if so then my response is this: If telling
me it won't work in DOS is your idea of helping out -thanks, but learn that
"Are you dense?" is an inappropriate prelude. Dense? No, just too busy to
read everything about Microsoft APIs. Did you know you can use a joystick
connected to the Win95 serial port under DOS mode? Do you realize that DOS
mode is just that? Type "ver" and see if you see any mention of DOS, press
F8 when you see "Starting MS-DOS" (and tell me if you ever do).

I will not respond to anything you send to me and this is my proper e-mail
address - no hiding here. I just always wonder what gives anyone the
arrogance to ask a question like "Are you dense?" to someone who is likely
smarter (based on the good sense shown by not asking such a question).

L8r.

0 个新帖子