Audit: "ROM NEEDS REDUMP"

No Ham

Feb 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/2/00
Just did an audit with mame32 36b15 after downloading the b12, b13, b14, and
b15 roms. I'm getting a "ROM NEEDS REDUMP" for severals roms in several
games. I know about the familiar "no good dump known" and "bad checksum"
errors, but I've never seen this one before. What's it mean?

PRoToCoL

Feb 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/2/00
On Wed, 2 Feb 2000 09:20:46 -0500, "No Ham" <no...@nospam.com> rose
from the misty swamps and wrote

Erm not trying to be funny but.......isn't it obvious?

--[ PRoToCoL ]--

DunxUK

Feb 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/3/00
It may seem a stupid question to follow this on with but why do roms need to be
replaced when Mame changes version? Does it mean that the original roms in the
cabinet became instantly altered when mame was updated, or that the mame team
don't use the original rom data after all..?

PRoToCoL

Feb 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/3/00
On 03 Feb 2000 13:02:16 GMT, dun...@aol.com (DunxUK) rose from the
misty swamps and wrote

>It may seem a stupid question to follow this on with but why do roms need to be

From the Mame32 support.htm....

Mame is a documentation project, sometimes old rom sets are found to
be missing previously miss-dumped or damaged roms, and those will be
replaced as found. Small color proms are also still trickling in. As
new versions of Mame come on board the developers add support for new
iterations and often add these files for missing games [or they will
delete redundant files], this necessitates using that new updated set.

--[ PRoToCoL ]--

sarmadsh...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2018, 2:15:31 PM8/8/18
same problem