MAME v0.191

Ant

Oct 27, 2017, 10:02:10 PM10/27/17
http://mamedev.org/?p=449 ;)
--
Quote of the Week: "Ants. There's a size for every picnic, a colour for
every occasion, and a bite to let you know that they are there. Apart
from the bite, that could describe a Basenji pretty well." --Len Reddie
| |o o| |
\ _ / Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail privately. If credit-
( ) ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.

Andreas Kohlbach

Oct 28, 2017, 3:25:55 PM10/28/17
On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 21:02:05 -0500, Ant wrote:

> http://mamedev.org/?p=449 ;)

The few (less than 200) roms I have are still from 0.178. Having the OS
(Linux) updating MAME automatically, less and less roms work. Really
should also update the roms at some point. On the other hand I need just
about 18MB worth of roms, and downloading some GBs for a full archive is
just not worth it.
--
Andreas
You know you are a redneck if

Ant

Oct 28, 2017, 5:42:54 PM10/28/17
Andreas Kohlbach <a...@spamfence.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 21:02:05 -0500, Ant wrote:
> >
> > http://mamedev.org/?p=449 ;)

> The few (less than 200) roms I have are still from 0.178. Having the OS
> (Linux) updating MAME automatically, less and less roms work. Really
> should also update the roms at some point. On the other hand I need just
> about 18MB worth of roms, and downloading some GBs for a full archive is
> just not worth it.

I am still at MAME v0.177 with MAME 0.176 Software List ROMs. I rarely
play MAME and updating my stuff got tedious. If I ever come back to
playing a lot, then I will update them.

Andreas Kohlbach

Oct 29, 2017, 4:38:20 PM10/29/17
On Sat, 28 Oct 2017 16:42:49 -0500, Ant wrote:

> Andreas Kohlbach <a...@spamfence.net> wrote:
>> On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 21:02:05 -0500, Ant wrote:
>> >
>> > http://mamedev.org/?p=449 ;)
>
>> The few (less than 200) roms I have are still from 0.178. Having the OS
>> (Linux) updating MAME automatically, less and less roms work. Really
>> should also update the roms at some point. On the other hand I need just
>> about 18MB worth of roms, and downloading some GBs for a full archive is
>> just not worth it.
>
> I am still at MAME v0.177 with MAME 0.176 Software List ROMs. I rarely
> play MAME and updating my stuff got tedious. If I ever come back to
> playing a lot, then I will update them.

Good point.

I forgot to mention though that another purpose for the roms is the
M.A.M.E. related web page I maintain. Roms people download from there are
outdated. I mention that on the page, but people don't read and some
email me then...
--
Andreas
You know you are a redneck if