New Bind Points

Ray Miller

Mar 8, 2001, 11:19:22 AM3/8/01
Where are they?

Thanks.

Javan

Mar 8, 2001, 10:24:26 AM3/8/01
from castersrealm.com:

NEW BIND POINTS FOUND

The three new bind points which were added in yesterdays patch have now been
found:

Antonica:
North Karana Gypsy Camp.

Kunark:
Frontier Mountains - Empty Ruins (Approx Loc: - 2200, 1300).
Kaesora Dungeon - Entrance (Confirmed). Possibly whole zone.

"Ray Miller" <kayne...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Where are they?
>
> Thanks.

John M Clancy

Mar 8, 2001, 10:37:33 AM3/8/01

"Javan" <math...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> from castersrealm.com:
>
> NEW BIND POINTS FOUND
>
> The three new bind points which were added in yesterdays patch have now been
> found:
>
> Antonica:
> North Karana Gypsy Camp.

This seems like a really stupid place to bind unless you are pretty high
level. Hill giants, Griffons and most of all GrimFeather all wander this
zone. Stupid. I'd never bind there. What good is it anyway? Highpass
and the Arena are not that far away from most hunting spots this
would be near anyway. Now they should have let you bind at the
white stone bridge, that would be a good spot, even the wizard spires
would be better.

> Kunark:
> Frontier Mountains - Empty Ruins (Approx Loc: - 2200, 1300).

Again a stupid place to bind. In the middle of a zone with wandering
critters. Dumb. I'd never bind there.

> Kaesora Dungeon - Entrance (Confirmed). Possibly whole zone.

This is a decent one at least you can bind inside near a zone so that
if there is any trains inside you can zone out to try to avoid it.

There is still no place to bind for the good races near Cazic or Guk.
They should have made the druid ring in sro a bind spot.

Ben

Mar 8, 2001, 12:08:57 PM3/8/01

> > Kaesora Dungeon - Entrance (Confirmed). Possibly whole zone.
>
> This is a decent one at least you can bind inside near a zone so that
> if there is any trains inside you can zone out to try to avoid it.

Dunno about that. There's a guardian of some sort just inside the entrance
of there. He's invis and sees invis. I zoned into there by accident with a
low level character. I was dead within 3 steps ...

Ben

Bryan Youmans

Mar 8, 2001, 12:49:13 PM3/8/01
Ben wrote:
> > > Kaesora Dungeon - Entrance (Confirmed). Possibly whole zone.
>
> Dunno about that. There's a guardian of some sort just inside the entrance
> of there. He's invis and sees invis. I zoned into there by accident with a
> low level character. I was dead within 3 steps ...

It's a spectral guardian (or some name similar, guardian of xalgoz
maybe?). It's not invisible, it's a ghostly looking mob; it sees invis
because it's undead. Invis to undead works on it. It was nice enough to
drop a Tombcarver for me once :).

Mark Bradshaw

Mar 8, 2001, 2:22:41 PM3/8/01
On Thu, 08 Mar 2001 15:24:26 GMT, "Javan" <math...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>from castersrealm.com:
>
>NEW BIND POINTS FOUND
>
>The three new bind points which were added in yesterdays patch have now been
>found:
>
>Antonica:
>North Karana Gypsy Camp.

Anyone else think this is about the silliest thing they could have put
a new bind spot? Dangers of hill giants and Grimfeather aside, the
place is allready served by the Rivervale, High Hold Pass, and Arena
bind spots... is there really enough worthwhile hunting in this one
zone that warrants it's own bind point? I mean, sure, beetles are
good hunting for a little while, but it is really that much trouble to
bind to HHP or Qyenos?

Magpie13

Mar 8, 2001, 3:11:06 PM3/8/01
One advantage is its proximity to a Druid Ring. If one of my NK-Bound
groupmates dies I can TP to NK and bring them back to their corpse that much
quicker.

I think the next-nearest bindable area is HP. Somewhat of a hike from both
the NK ring and the Misty ring.

I wish they had added a couple more TP rings to Kunark tho'

Drywit 46 Druid, Erollisi Marr

"Mark Bradshaw" <mark...@abts.net> wrote in message

Dage

Mar 8, 2001, 3:40:13 PM3/8/01
It's better than none. By the time you're able to hunt there, you're
probably careful enough and not get instant killed by some mob.

Dan Day

Mar 8, 2001, 8:23:24 PM3/8/01
On Thu, 08 Mar 2001 19:22:41 GMT, mark...@abts.net (Mark Bradshaw) wrote:
>>North Karana Gypsy Camp.
>
>Anyone else think this is about the silliest thing they could have put
>a new bind spot?

Nope.

>the
>place is allready served by the Rivervale,

A hell of a long hike away.

> High Hold Pass,

I *HATE* running down that damned ramp, it's INCREDIBLY long, and
you can't just go on autorun unless you like diving off a cliff
when the path bends -- you have to "pilot" all the way down,
a long and very monotonous run.

> and Arena
>bind spots...

A *LONG* way away, across the entire height of SK (one of the
tallest zones in the game), AND across a good portion of
Lake Rathetear (when a lot of people stink at swimming),
plus the height of NK if you're fighting on the north end
as a lot of people do.

Despite the fact that a lot of people like to hunt NK/SK,
I skipped it entirely because of the lack of any decently
near bind point. I would have hunted there had the Gypsy
Camp bind point existed at the time.

When people were trying to guess where they'd put the
new Antonica bind point, I tried to think of the most
needed spot for it, and guessed NK. I guessed right.

>good hunting for a little while, but it is really that much trouble to
>bind to HHP or Qyenos?

Qeynos, across the width of WK? *shudder*

Now all they need to do is add a TP ring in Qeynos Hills.
Qeynos and Hallas will continue to be backwaters until they do.

le...@home.com

Mar 9, 2001, 9:34:32 AM3/9/01

"Dan Day" <d...@firstnethou.com> wrote in message

They could put one in Surefall glade even, that's a druid
starting point.