Root for Magician Eart Elementals

1 view

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
I have seen the new messages for the earth pets, A <mob> feet sink into the
ground. I have yet to see a mob actually rooted by my pet though. I am a
level 27 magician. Another thing that comes to mind is will root hold if you
continually attack the mob in question. I have been by aviak rooks as well
as DB skeletons in Unrest while standing a good distance from the mob and my
pet while they go at it. I like the new messages and all but Root, I dont
think so.

ilian

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
yes it most definately is a root.
i have tested it extensively.
The root seems to last between 1 and 20 seconds,
usually in the 3-5 second range. If you cast a DD on the
mob while it is rooted it ALWAYS breaks this root...
Test it like this: do a /pet get lost, right when you see the message
sinks into the ground, and time how long the mob stands there..
What you are referring to is the well known root bug. If a mob is rooted and
fighting
your pet (no other players near it), it will sometimes swing at YOU instead
not matter WHERE you are. ive gated away to other side of the zone and still
been attacked.. its retarded, but just keep /bug reporting it and it should
be fixed......

-ilian

Brent Burkholder

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99

@í wrote in message ...
>I have seen the new messages for the earth pets, A <mob> feet sink into the
>ground. I have yet to see a mob actually rooted by my pet though. I am a
>level 27 magician. Another thing that comes to mind is will root hold if
you
>continually attack the mob in question. I have been by aviak rooks as well
>as DB skeletons in Unrest while standing a good distance from the mob and
my
>pet while they go at it. I like the new messages and all but Root, I dont
>think so.

It works. Several times when a goblin was fleeing the pet would Make Mud,
and the goblin spun got stuck, then started to melee the elemental when it
approached again.

Hurk

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
Actually, its not root. Its Hungry Earth, It does a root and damages to the
mob. It does have a chance as a multi part spell to be fully resisted though,
and alot easyer than a normal root would.

If you summoned a weak (blue or green) pet it might be too low level to have a
good chance to root the mobs its after, or its continous beating on the mob may
be freeing it.

--
Hurk 30th Cleric Tunare
In theory,

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
I have since this patch summoned blue earth pets and 50/50 blue/green on
fire pets. I have never summoned anything better than a blue Looks
Formiddable Pet. I did get my water pet researched last night and will
unleash him in Unrest this evening. I thank you you all for your feedback.
So it works good when the mob is in is last throes of life and looking for
help or to just get a way, cool.

Have any of the other pets changed at all?

Hurk <zoe...@fastinet.net> wrote in message