Faction....

1 view

Jacobson

Jul 3, 2001, 1:21:00 AM7/3/01
"Your faction couldn't possibly get any worse."

Admitingly, due to constant faction juggling, this is a first time I have
seen this. Either that or I was just never paying any attention in great
detail.

Steve

Jul 3, 2001, 3:05:38 AM7/3/01
I just got this with the Wolves of the North. Laughed my ass off
and killed another barbarian just to see it again =)

"Jacobson" <asag...@home.com> wrote in message

Martin Hunziker

Jul 3, 2001, 3:50:40 AM7/3/01
This was added with the Emergency patch yesterday...

Jim Monk

Jul 3, 2001, 7:16:21 AM7/3/01
Martin Hunziker wrote:

> This was added with the Emergency patch yesterday...

I don't think so since that was network maintenance, and not all servers
went down.
I believe that this was a "stealth" patch in the previous patch (Wed
27th)

Jim

Jim Monk

Jul 3, 2001, 7:20:55 AM7/3/01

Gak! Read all the boards first Jim.
K you meant the patch on the 29th which I totally missed.
Sorry for wrong info.

Jim

Jeff Lanham

Jul 3, 2001, 11:56:53 AM7/3/01
"Martin Hunziker" <marh...@student.ethz.ch> wrote in message news:3b417950$1...@pfaff.ethz.ch...

> This was added with the Emergency patch yesterday...

No. It was from the emergency patch last week.
http://eq.castersrealm.com/viewarticle.asp?Article=3626
In the Emergency patch of June 29 we performed the following fixes:
We fixed the bug with feign death spells that was causing it to fail and sending a "Your spell has been interrupted" message.
We fixed the way that NPCs were treating pets. They were accrediting more hate to pets than they should have.
We also fixed a bug with factions that was making it impossible to raise some factions. There may still be factions that you can't
raise because there are no methods for raising them, not because of a bug. If you get a faction message you will also get a faction
gain (or hit).
We also added a message that will let you know when you can no longer gain or lose faction with a certain group. It will say:
Your faction standing with could not possibly get any worse.

or

Your faction standing with could not possibly get any better.

That was the essence of the patch last night. Sorry about the problems.
Alan