Grups de Google ja no admet publicacions ni subscripcions noves de Usenet. El contingut antic es pot continuar consultant.

Diablo II Expansion - Act 5 Crash

638 visualitzacions
Ves al primer missatge no llegit

N.I.P.

no llegida,
17 de jul. 2001, 2:31:2517/7/01
I am having SERIOUS problems with ACT 5. Everytime I go to ACT 5, my
system crashes. The crash happens everytime I leave the main gate, or
whever I am in the same screen with an Act 5 character (anyone who has
successfully been to ACT 5). I have re-installed the game, updated
video drivers and treid both video modes.

I called Blizzard about this, and they seem to know about it, but to
my surprise, I cannot find anyone else with this problem. In
addition, Blizzard is being VERY quiet about what the real problem is.
A direct quote from tech support call the problem "gremlins".....
(which obviously means that they do not know the cause) They say they
plan to fix it in version 1.09, but have NO idea when that will be
released.

Needless to say I am a bit ticked. I can't play any part of Act 5 or
play with antone who has. The error I get is "d2exp.mpq" file is
corrupt. Yet, I have several times removed and re-installed the game.
I bought the game specifically so I could play Act 5, and now my
characters are in "limbo", with no end in sight

Here are my system stats:
Windows 98
P3 700
256 megs RAM
27 gig hard drive (6 gigs free space)
GeForce 2 video card w/32 megs RAM

If anyone else is having this problem, or has an in as to when it will
be corrected, please let me know....

Thanks

Sterling

no llegida,
17 de jul. 2001, 2:47:0117/7/01
H-

Not really, but a fresh defrag of the hard drive followed by a fresh
install wouldn't hurt.
That is if you haven't done that already. 8^(

Could be also that the file is copied into a bad sector of your disk.
Scan disk my detect it.

My brother was getting corrupted file errors when playing D2 and was
able to correct a lot of other problems by disabling Direct Draw on his
video card.

Programs - Accessories - System Tools? - System Information. Go to Tools
DirectX diagnostic. Tab "Display". Run the test and see if there are any
problems.

I know it says "corrupt file" but funny things happen in windows and
somethings overlap.
Like I said my brother's computer hard drive was working perfectly, but
it was a video related problem that caused all sorts of other conflicts
and errors/crashes.

later,
-Sterling

dAwN ChiSholm

no llegida,
17 de jul. 2001, 3:43:1117/7/01
I have the exact same problem and I am left hanging there too. I tried
asking my friend to open a portal for me and he opened one in the dungeons
in Crystalline. The game didnt hang. I tried not to go anywhere near the
bloody foothills where the game always hang. However once I am out of the
dungeon, the game hangs again. So I still can't play.

my system stats:
Windows 98 second edition
P3 733
128 mb RAM
15 gb hard drive (3 gb free space)
riva tnt2 video card w/32 mb RAM

"Sterling" <smul...@omeninc.com> wrote in message

ShaneMRyan

no llegida,
19 de jul. 2001, 9:09:3819/7/01

I found a way around the game hanging if you have a second computer. Copy
your character to another computer and play a few levels. Then copy the
character back to the original computer and sometimes this "heals" the
character. I have also found that Diablo is very picky about cdroms because
of all the copy right protection.

"dAwN ChiSholm" <de...@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message

gorn...@gmail.com

no llegida,
21 de maig 2017, 12:41:4721/5/17

I have your problem and if you have an idea about what I can do tell me pls

Auric__

no llegida,
21 de maig 2017, 16:58:4721/5/17
gorniti1 wrote:

> I have your problem and if you have an idea about what I can do tell me pls

Did you not notice that the original thread was posted ***SIXTEEN FUCKING
YEARS AGO***?! Why don't you try googling your issue? Here's a link:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=d2exp.mpq+corrupt

--
Hoth, a planet made of ice.
Dagobah, a planet made of snakes.

~misfit~

no llegida,
21 de maig 2017, 20:35:0621/5/17
Once upon a time on usenet Auric__ wrote:
> gorniti1 wrote:
>
>> I have your problem and if you have an idea about what I can do tell
>> me pls
>
> Did you not notice that the original thread was posted ***SIXTEEN
> FUCKING YEARS AGO***?! Why don't you try googling your issue? Here's
> a link:
>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=d2exp.mpq+corrupt

LOL! Good to 'see' you Auric_.
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Auric__

no llegida,
23 de maig 2017, 4:58:1723/5/17
~misfit~ wrote:

> Once upon a time on usenet Auric__ wrote:
>> gorniti1 wrote:
>>
>>> I have your problem and if you have an idea about what I can do tell
>>> me pls
>>
>> Did you not notice that the original thread was posted ***SIXTEEN
>> FUCKING YEARS AGO***?! Why don't you try googling your issue? Here's
>> a link:
>>
>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=d2exp.mpq+corrupt
>
> LOL! Good to 'see' you Auric_.

Same here. It's been a while.

--
I need cheerleaders!

jer...@juno.com

no llegida,
23 de maig 2017, 13:56:0723/5/17
On Tue, 23 May 2017 08:54:51 -0000 (UTC), "Auric__"
<not.m...@email.address> wrote:

>I need cheerleaders!

GWB might be available....

Jamie Kahn Genet

no llegida,
24 de maig 2017, 3:40:3524/5/17
Auric__ <not.m...@email.address> wrote:

> gorniti1 wrote:
>
> > I have your problem and if you have an idea about what I can do tell me pls
>
> Did you not notice that the original thread was posted ***SIXTEEN FUCKING
> YEARS AGO***?! Why don't you try googling your issue? Here's a link:
>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=d2exp.mpq+corrupt

You're trying to help that which is too lackwitted to be helped. Good
intentions, mind you, but these fools probably can't tell you today's
date, much less spot dates in posts.

Auric__

no llegida,
24 de maig 2017, 21:36:2924/5/17
Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

> Auric__ <not.m...@email.address> wrote:
>
>> gorniti1 wrote:
>>
>> > I have your problem and if you have an idea about what I can do tell
>> > me pls
>>
>> Did you not notice that the original thread was posted ***SIXTEEN
>> FUCKING YEARS AGO***?! Why don't you try googling your issue? Here's a
>> link:
>>
>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=d2exp.mpq+corrupt
>
> You're trying to help that which is too lackwitted to be helped. Good
> intentions, mind you, but these fools probably can't tell you today's
> date, much less spot dates in posts.

Good point, but we can always hope.

--
I see from your actions that you're *southern* Canadian.

Jamie Kahn Genet

no llegida,
26 de maig 2017, 5:35:3026/5/17
Then you're a better man than I ;-)
--
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe
is that it has never tried to contact us."