Can't open secret door in Durlag's Tower

Purple

May 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/29/00
Try getting your thief to pick the lock on it if there is one (I can't
remember if there is). If you can't do that, just use the
Cheats:Hans(); cheat to get to the other side of the door (put the
cursor on the other side). To enable cheats, put the following under
[Game Options] in the Baldur.ini:

Cheats=1

and then while in the game hit ctrl-tab.

--
Purple
http://bounce.to/purple - go there. NOW.

"Friz" <Su...@martle.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm on the level where Durlag's ghost sends you off to find the three
> paths and spells whizz you away to answer riddles from stone golems.
> I've done two of the riddles but now I'm stuck...I can't open the
secret
> door on the right hand side of the room where Islanne's ghost is (the
> one who will transport you out of the tower if you give up...and I'm
> getting close). I have been all over the map and everything else
seems
> clear - have looked in all the treasure chests in the slime jungle
(or
> whatever you want to call it!). I've got the bone and compass
> wardstones...is there another one?
>
> Please help - I started playing to distract me and cheer me up 'cos
my
> roof is leaking (bloody english weather!) and this is NOT cheering me
> up!!!
>
> On a less frantic note - I'm carrying around lots of other
wardstones -
> do I need to keep any of the following? level 1 and 2 exit
wardstones,
> generic dwarven rune wardstone (sold to me by some dodgy guy in UB),
> another generic wardstone I bought off a dwarf in UB and 4 wardstones
> found in DT on the level where the doors keep opening and closing
(kiel,
> Fuernebol and I forget the other names)...they're taking up a lot of
> space and I keep finding 'goodies'!
>
> Here's hoping you can help - My party is geting bitchy about not
seeing
> the sky (guess they don't know that sky = rain = leaking roof!)
> --
> Friz

Friz

May 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/30/00

Friz

May 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/30/00
In article <8gv13p$bi2$1...@slb6.atl.mindspring.net>, Purple
<annih...@mindspring.com> writes

>Try getting your thief to pick the lock on it if there is one (I can't
>remember if there is). If you can't do that, just use the
>Cheats:Hans(); cheat to get to the other side of the door (put the
>cursor on the other side). To enable cheats, put the following under
>[Game Options] in the Baldur.ini:

I've tried a knock spell and it says 'some doors are warded against
simple spells' I've also had Coran try and pick it (he's got over 100%
pick locks and I even tried giving him a potion of master thievery and
it didn't help)

Thanks for the cheat idea...but I haven't used a cheat yet so would
prefer not to if I can help it (getting a bit desperate though!)
--
Friz

m...@tady.org

May 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/30/00
Friz wrote:

> I'm on the level where Durlag's ghost sends you off to find the three
> paths and spells whizz you away to answer riddles from stone golems.
> I've done two of the riddles but now I'm stuck...I can't open the secret
> door on the right hand side of the room where Islanne's ghost is (the
> one who will transport you out of the tower if you give up...and I'm
> getting close). I have been all over the map and everything else seems
> clear - have looked in all the treasure chests in the slime jungle (or
> whatever you want to call it!). I've got the bone and compass
> wardstones...is there another one?
>
> Please help - I started playing to distract me and cheer me up 'cos my
> roof is leaking (bloody english weather!) and this is NOT cheering me
> up!!!
> -snip-

If you mean the doors south of I., they can't be open until you
complete sonmething else. Hint: the answer is in the 2nd
sentence of your post.

--J
Replies to: jNpolak(at)Ojuno(dot)Tcom

Colin E

May 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/30/00
Friz <Su...@martle.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm on the level where Durlag's ghost sends you off to find the
three
> paths and spells whizz you away to answer riddles from stone
golems.
> I've done two of the riddles but now I'm stuck...I can't open
the secret
> door on the right hand side of the room where Islanne's ghost
is (the
> one who will transport you out of the tower if you give
up...and I'm
> getting close). I have been all over the map and everything
else seems
> clear - have looked in all the treasure chests in the slime
jungle (or
> whatever you want to call it!). I've got the bone and compass
> wardstones...is there another one?

You must enter the 'compass room' three times before this door
will open.

> Please help - I started playing to distract me and cheer me up
'cos my
> roof is leaking (bloody english weather!) and this is NOT
cheering me
> up!!!

If you like I can send you a picture of my lawn and hawthorne
hedge. There's nothing like warm wet weather. It should put
your roof problem into perspective :-)

> On a less frantic note - I'm carrying around lots of other
wardstones -
> do I need to keep any of the following? level 1 and 2 exit
wardstones,
> generic dwarven rune wardstone (sold to me by some dodgy guy in
UB),
> another generic wardstone I bought off a dwarf in UB and 4
wardstones I
> found in DT on the level where the doors keep opening and
closing (kiel,
> Fuernebol and I forget the other names)...they're taking up a
lot of
> space and I keep finding 'goodies'!

You can forget any wardstones from before this level. They can
be sold but there are plenty more valuable things to be carried
out.
--
Colin E.

Freaksaus

May 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/30/00
On Tue, 30 May 2000 00:16:17 +0100, Friz <Su...@martle.demon.co.uk>
scribbled on a virtual piece of paper::

>I'm on the level where Durlag's ghost sends you off to find the three
>paths and spells whizz you away to answer riddles from stone golems.
>I've done two of the riddles but now I'm stuck...I can't open the secret
>door on the right hand side of the room where Islanne's ghost is (the
>one who will transport you out of the tower if you give up...and I'm
>getting close). I have been all over the map and everything else seems
>clear - have looked in all the treasure chests in the slime jungle (or
>whatever you want to call it!). I've got the bone and compass
>wardstones...is there another one?
>

>Please help - I started playing to distract me and cheer me up 'cos my
>roof is leaking (bloody english weather!) and this is NOT cheering me
>up!!!

You need to get yurself another wardstone, the compass wardstone. The
Ghoul(don't remember his name) has it. He is in the slime area. If you
have it, talk to durlag's ghost again, he will then open the door for
you.

Freek

Phil

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00

Colin E <co...@elliottc.globalnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> Friz <Su...@martle.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Please help - I started playing to distract me and cheer me up
> 'cos my
> > roof is leaking (bloody english weather!) and this is NOT
> cheering me
> > up!!!
>
> If you like I can send you a picture of my lawn and hawthorne
> hedge. There's nothing like warm wet weather. It should put
> your roof problem into perspective :-)

You guys get all the luck. I've been wanting some of that evil English
weather up here in the north, as I've spent the past two days digging a
garden :-(. I
could have done with an excuse to put that off, as my hands are too
blistered to type properly.

Phil

Friz

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
In article <8gvcfe$2o7$1...@gxsn.com>, Colin E <co...@elliottc.globalnet.co
.uk> writes

Snip

>You must enter the 'compass room' three times before this door
>will open.

thank for coming to my rescue again Colin...this time I'd figured out
the 3 times bit but couldn't find out the 3rd way into the compass room.
(which wasn't very clear from my post but I'd just spent until 3am
trying to find the way in and was a 'tad' distressed!)

It turns out I'd missed a little stone golem...don't know how as I'd
crawled all over the map for hours and when I went back for another go
today - suddenly it was there in a place I thought I'd checked a
million times over.

Now it looks as I'm about to have a big scary monster to fight...will be
getting back for tips if it proves to be too much for my valiant team
(who've all got to the TOTSC XP cap limit so I guess if they can't deal
with scary monsters by now then they should pack up their tents and
creep away in the night!)

>> Please help - I started playing to distract me and cheer me up
>'cos my
>> roof is leaking (bloody english weather!) and this is NOT
>cheering me
>> up!!!
>
>If you like I can send you a picture of my lawn and hawthorne
>hedge. There's nothing like warm wet weather. It should put
>your roof problem into perspective :-)

This did calm me down yes!

>> On a less frantic note - I'm carrying around lots of other
>wardstones -
>> do I need to keep any of the following? level 1 and 2 exit
>wardstones,
>> generic dwarven rune wardstone (sold to me by some dodgy guy in
>UB),
>> another generic wardstone I bought off a dwarf in UB and 4
>wardstones I
>> found in DT on the level where the doors keep opening and
>closing (kiel,
>> Fuernebol and I forget the other names)...they're taking up a
>lot of
>> space and I keep finding 'goodies'!
>
>You can forget any wardstones from before this level. They can
>be sold but there are plenty more valuable things to be carried
>out.

Great - now I have every slot filled with goodies!!!!

>Colin E.

You know this is still my first trip through BG and it was a Christmas
present!! Am I unbelieveably slow? (and yes - I have been putting some
serious hours in. Admittedly on and off but it must add up to days &
days spent playing...real ones not game ones!)

I've just started chapter 7 but chose to do the TOTSC areas first before
going back to BG...I'm sensing that things are getting to a close...but
I don't want it to ever end. I love this game!!

Thanks again Colin - see you around here later!
--
Friz

Friz

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
all sorted now - found the 3rd way in and off to fight scary monsters

thanks
--
Friz