basic Chicken & Andouille Gumbo

Mike Kreko

Mar 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/2/00
Chicken & Andouille Gumbo

1 Lg. hen, cut for frying
1 lb Andouille sausage sliced
1/2 cup. Cooking Oil
1/2 cup. Flour
1 1/2 cup. Chopped Onion
1 cup. Bell Pepper, Chopped
8 cup. Hot Water
Salt, Red Pepper, Gumbo File'

Season chicken pieces well with salt and red pepper. Brown the chicken in
the oil. Remove the chicken and stir in the flour. Lower the flame and
make a roux slowly until it becomes a dark brown. Add the onions and bell
pepper. Cook slowly until wilted. Return chicken to roux mixture. Add the
water and seasonings. Stir well until all is well blended. Bring to a
boil. then lower the flame to simmer and cook until chicken is tender.
Twenty minutes before serving add gumbo file' to taste.

--
Mike Kreko

Dwain Broussard

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
Mike, Where do you live (city & state)? Just curious. Looks like the NG has
Canadian, England (Laddy), Scottland (Minnikan)....quite a diversity. Jude
from the north, me in Houston.............

Jude Crouch

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
Dwain Broussard <dw...@hal-pc.org> wrote:
> Mike, Where do you live (city & state)? Just curious. Looks like the NG has
> Canadian, England (Laddy), Scottland (Minnikan)....quite a diversity. Jude
> from the north, me in Houston.............

Netherlands, Thailand, Hong Kong! It's kind of a strange group, because
there are so many of us who are interested in learning, and so few teachers.
Thanks to all who participate -- there's a whole *bunch* of people out
there listening, so don't be shy now.

Anyone want to give us some good advice about roux?

We're comin up on Fat Tuesday, so I think it I'll make gumbo tonight.
A *big* batch.

Jude

--

Jude Crouch (jcr...@pobox.com) - Computing since 1967!
Crouch Enterprises - Telecom, Internet & Unix Consulting

Fred Towner

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00

> Anyone want to give us some good advice about roux?

Just remember, they don't call roux "Cajun napalm" for no reason at all. Be
CAREFUL. A bit of carelessness can result in a very bad burn.

********************************
***** Justin Wilson's Roux *****
********************************

Categories: Cajun Sauce

Calories per serving: Number of Servings: 0
Fat grams per serving: Approx. Cook Time:
Cholesterol per serving: Marks:

INGREDIENTS ------------------------------------------------------------

flour
Oil, bacon drippings, olive oil, cooking oil, etc

DIRECTIONS ------------------------------------------------------------

When I want to make a t'ick roux I use 3 parts flour to 1 part oil. To
make a t'in roux use 2 parts flour to 1 part oil.

Put oil into a heavy pot. A black iron skillet or Magnalite pot works
well. Pour in the plain flour and stir to mix well. Cook on medium
or low heat and stir as the roux begins to change color. You can see
that I usually cook my roux until it gets to be a very dark brown. My
roux sometimes takes more than an hour to cook. Some peoples get
unpatient wid'that, but I use that time to think about many things.
When I cook a roux I relax myself, and you should also, too. Be
careful not to let your roux burn. You got to stir a roux damn near
all the time while it cook itself. Me, I got a special spoon that I
use only to stir my roux. It has worn itself plum flat to the shape
of the skillet.

After my roux is cooked all the way plum' it gets a shine on it. Now
add chopped onions, celery, and bell pepper. Be careful not to add
too much celery and bell pepper; they are taste killers. When the
onions are clear add chopped parsley, green onions, and garlic. After
these cook a little bit I pour in some cold water and stir. The roux
will separate, then come back together. Now you can add the other
things to make a gumbo, sauce piquant, or gravy.

Some people make roux in a microwave oven. They say it's much faster
than this method. Well it is, but why cook if you can't have your
enjoys. This recipe that I'm jus tole you has worked for me for more
than 60 years and it's worked for many other peoples in South
Louisiana. Also, too, it taste more better.

From Justin Wilson's Outdoor Cooking With Inside Help

*** Recipe Via Compu-Chef (tm) ***

********************
***** Dry Roux *****
********************

Categories: Diet_S Cajun Condiment

Calories per serving: Number of Servings: 1
Fat grams per serving: Approx. Cook Time: :15
Cholesterol per serving: Marks:

INGREDIENTS ------------------------------------------------------------

1 cup all-purpose flour

DIRECTIONS ------------------------------------------------------------

PREPARATIONS:
Put the flour in a heavy skillet and place over moderate heat.
Stir the flour around often with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
Pay attention to the cooking because the flour will take a few
minutes, 5 or 7, to begin coloring. At this point you have a blond
"roux." For the next 5 or 7 minutes it will darken until it reaches a
light wood color. Stir constantly to keep the flour in the bottom of
the skillet moving so it will not burn, and so all the flour in the
pan will color evenly. The whole process takes about 15 minutes of
close attention to get a good rich "roux."
Whether or not you are familiar with cooking a roux with oil, you
must pay attention to the color here because when the flour is cooked
without oil it wil not become as brown as we eventually want it to.
That is, not until you mix it with an equal amount of liquid to add it
to a dish. At that point the moisture will cause it to darken
properly.
The recipes call for dry roux in quantities of a tablespoon or so
at a time. What you don't use immediately can be stored
unrefrigerated in a tightly capped jar almost indefinitely.
Source: Fred Towner

*** Recipe Via Compu-Chef (tm) ***

-Begin Recipe Export- QBook version 1.00.14

Title: Roux

Microwave Roux (Michelle Bass)

Have been using this method for years now and it is
indistinguishable from the conventional roux and much faster,
especially if you need 1 or 2 c of roux for a lg pot of gumbo!

Mix 1/4 c oil (we use bacon grease <gasp>) with 1/4 c flour in a
lg glass measuring c or container. (I usually use about 1 or 2
Tbsp more than 1/4 c flour). Cook on high for 3 minutes. Remove
and stir with wooden spoon. Now cook for 30 second increments on
high, removing after each and stirring. Continue this until roux
is the color of caramel. If you burn it, don't use it. Just
start over as its quick.

Dry Roux (Michelle Bass/Fred Towner)

Put 1 c flour in a heavy skillet and place over moderate heat.
[...]

The recipes call for dry roux in quantities of a Tbsp or so at a
time. What you don't use immediately can be stored
unrefrigerated in a tightly capped jar almost indefinitely.

Louisiana Light by Roy Guste

From Al Martin:

1/2 c oil
1/4 c flour
1 c chopped onions
1/2 c chopped celery
1/2 c chopped green pepper
1 - 2 Tbsp minced garlic

Cajun roux has become a staple in my cooking and can be adapted
to any style of cooking to thicken and flavor soups, stews,
sauces, whatever. Making a Cajun roux is simplicity in itself.

Just remember that the oil and flour mix must be 1:1 and the
onion, bell pepper and celery ratio should be 2:1:1.

In a heavy sauce pan heat the oil (start with 1/2 cup) to almost
smoking hot. Pour in 1/4 cup of flour and stir using a wire whip
(you start with half of the flour because the moisture in the
flour will cause it to foam up). When the foaming has stopped,
add the other 1/4 cup flour. Stir CONSTANTLY reaching all parts
of the bottom of the pan. Watch the color of roux closely. It
will change from a white creamy color to black. I usually use
roux that is between the color of peanut butter and milk
chocolate. If the roux burns (you will see black specks), toss
it out and start again. *Be careful* with roux. It is very hot
and sticky and will burn like hell.

When the roux has reached the desired color, toss in the
"trinity" of vegetables including some chopped garlic, if you
wish. The vegetables will stop the browning and the roux will
cook the vegetables. Continue to saute the vegetables over
medium heat until the desired texture is reached. You can simmer
them to a pulp if you wish with no change in the roux.

For this amount of roux you could use a cup of chopped onion, 1/2
cup chopped bell pepper and 1/2 cup chopped celery. If you
increase or decrease the vegetables, just keep the ratio the
same. A tablespoon or two of chopped garlic can be added. Be
sure to add the garlic just after you add the vegetables. Garlic
can burn and ruin the roux unless the vegetables are in it to
lower the temperature.

From The Evolution of Cajun & Creole Cuisine by John Folse comes
the following:

The Creole roux can be made with lightly salted butter, bacon
drippings or lard. As with everything regarding food in
Louisiana, whenever someone attempts to reduce this wealth of
food lore to written material, an argument breaks out. Let's
just say that Creole rouxs vary in color the same as classical
and Cajun ones. The Creoles, however, did have in their larder,
butter for the roux, whereas any butter a Cajun may have had
would have been saved for a biscuit or cornbread and never be put
in the black iron pot for a roux.

Table of Sauce and Soup Consistencies Using The Roux of Cajun and
Creole Cooking:

The Butter Base Rouxs (The Classical and Creole Rouxs)

1 c butter
1 c flour

This recipe will thicken the following:
6 c stock to a thick white sauce consistency.
8 c stock to a concentrated soup consistency.
10 c stock to a thick soup consistency.
12 c stock to a perfect Louisiana gumbo consistency.
14 c stock to a light gumbo consistency.

The Oil Base Rouxs (The Cajun Rouxs)

1 c vegetable oil
1 c flour

Cooked at 300 degrees F. for three to five minutes, this recipe
will thicken the following:
6 c stock to a thick brown sauce consistency.
8 c stock to a thick gumbo consistency.
10 c stock to a perfect Louisiana gumbo consistency.
12 c stock to a light gumbo consistency.

It should be noted that the butter or oil base rouxs may be made
well in advance, cooled, separated into half cup portions and
place in the refrigerator or freezer. The roux will keep well
for months and always be available to you should an emergency
arise.

-End Recipe Export- From the recipe collection of Fred Towner
MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

Title: Roux
Categories: Cajun, Sauces
Yield: 1 servings

1 c Vegetable oil
2 c Flour

Heat oil in heavy skillet. Gradually add flour, whisking constantly
until it turns a dark brown color. DO NOT BURN! (If black flecks
appear, let roux cool, then throw it out and start again).

Roux colors vary according to different recipes; the color determines
the flavor. Roux can be regrigerated.

NOTE: many roux are made of equal amounts of oil and flour; however,
using the heart-healthy proportion of oil to flour makes a tasty and
less color roux.

Per serving -

Calories 346,
Fat 28 grams, = 72%
Carbohydrates 22 grams, = 25%
Protein 3 grams, = 3%
Potassium 27 mg,
Sodium .5 mg
Cholesterol 0 mg
Fiber 1 gram
Vitamin/Mineral Rich (+20% USDARA) Vitamin E/Total

Food Groups: Bread = 1.5, Fat = 5.5

Recipe Courtesy Heart Healthy Cajun Cooking (c) 1990
After hours publications

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

Title: Queen Ida's Roux
Categories: Cajun, Condiment, Ceideburg 2
Yield: 3 servings

1 1/2 c Oil
2 c Flour

Here's a little something for when you get tired of all that
disgusting smoked salmon... Had a real treat in the food section
from the SF Chron last Wednesday. There was a big article on Queen
Ida along with her recipe for gumbo. She has a cookbook out++how
that escaped me I have no idea. It's called "Cookin' With Queen Ida".

Once roux has started to color, never leave the stove: ignore
telephones, doorbells, children and the pets, and keep stirring. If
a roux burns (it will develop a burned smell and blackened patches),
throw it out and start over. Roux can't be rushed, it's a gradual
process and needs patience. When cooked too rapidly, roux may brown
but it won't develop its characteristic flavor. When roux is done,
it will smell like well-cooked flour; it may taste and smell slightly
bitter when sampled 'as is', but this doesn't mean it is burned.

Mix oil and flour in a heavy cast-iron skillet. Do NOT use a
nonstick-coated pan. If mixture is not as soft as pancake batter,
add more oil.

Cook over low to medium heat, stirring gently but constantly with a
wooden spoon, scraping roux from bottom and sides of skillet. If any
lumps develop, whisk with a wire whisk until they break up. Cook
until the color is almost a mahogany or chile powder red-brown. This
will take from 30 to 60 minutes, depending on your pan and heat of
your stove. Be patient.

After the roux is done, remove from heat to cool, but keep stirring
constantly for the first few minutes. Then stir frequently for 10
minutes longer, since roux will continue to cook from its own heat
for a few minutes. As the roux cools, some of the oil will float to
the top. Spoon it off.

Turn roux into a container, and store in the refrigerator. Before
using, skim off any oil that has separated out, and let roux come to
room temperature.

NOTE: If you do a lot of Creole cooking, you can double or triple the
recipe. It will take longer to cook, of course.

Posted by Stephen Ceideberg; August 27 1992.

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

Title: Microwave Roux
Categories: Ethnic, Misc
Yield: 1 Servings

2/3 c Oil
2/3 c Flour
2 c Onion, chopped
1 c Celery, chopped
1/2 c Green bell pepper, chopped
4 Cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c Parsley, chopped
1/4 c Green onion tops, chopped
-Approximately 1/4 cup hot
-water

While we are both good at whipping up perfect rouxs as needed, we have
found this to be a very easy and excellent method which is one fast
way to start a gumbo or sauce piquant or other concoction. This is
tricky only in that you must adjust it to your individual microwave
and utensils for proper timing. With this quantity of oil in a
microwave, it gets hotter than you realize very fast and can't be
easily stopped. It will go from pale to burnt quickly if you are not
careful but it didn't take us long to master. Cooking the greens this
way is equivalent to how we would likely start a gumbo in a black pot
on the stovetop. Try it and you may never worry about the standard
method. Local experts have not detected any taste differences.

MICRO-ROUX

ROUX is an equal mixture of oil and flour that is browned and used as
a thickening base for many of the South Louisiana dishes such as
stews, gumbos, etouffes and sauce piquantes. It not only thickens,
but it also gives a different, quite distinct flavor due to the
browning of the flour.

Cooking Time: 12 minutes Utensil: 4-cup glass measuring cup Makes 4
cups

1. Mix oil and flour together in a 4-cup measure. Microwave uncovered
on HIGH 6-7 MINUTES. Stir at 6 minutes - Roux will be a light brown
at this time and will need to cook 30 seconds to 1 minute longer to
reach the dark brown color so important in making Louisiana gumbos
and stews. The Roux will be very hot, but usually the handle on your
glass measuring cup will stay cool enough to touch.

2. Add onion, celery and bell pepper to Roux in measuring cup. Stir
and return to Microwave. Saute, on HIGH 3 MINUTES.

3. Add garlic, parsley and green onion to Roux, stir and return to
Microwave. Saute on HIGH 2 MINUTES. You should have about 3-3/4 cups
of Roux now. If any oil has risen to the top, pour this off.

4. Slowly add enough hot tap water to bring Roux to the 4 cup mark.
Stir and you will have a smooth dark Roux in only 12 minutes.

Roux freezes very well and you are ready at any time to put together a
delicious gumbo or stew. From: Bill Birner Date: 22 Mar 94

MMMMM

Jude Crouch

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
Fred Towner <tow...@cyberlink.bc.ca> wrote:

>> Anyone want to give us some good advice about roux?

> Just remember, they don't call roux "Cajun napalm" for no reason at all. Be
> CAREFUL. A bit of carelessness can result in a very bad burn.

WOW, Fred! You done good, boy. Y'all got the idea? Roux is the
base, the thickening agent for soups and stews.

I think the most authentic mentioned was the one with bacon fat, you
didn't have to buy anything extra to have some of that. Even up North,
we always had a can of bacon fat. Mom was a good cook, and she never
explained roux, (I doubt she knew the word), but make a roux she did.
Maybe she didn't want us kids making it because it was so hot and could
burn us. She cooked no Cajun, but her stews and soups were fantastic.

I can't help but also point you to Chuck Taggart's site:
http://www.gumbopages.com/food/ingred.html

where he brings us these words of wisdom:

"There are three basic types of roux: light (or what the Cajuns call
"blond"), medium (or "peanut butter" colored), and dark. There is
white roux also, which is cooked for just a minute to get the flour
taste out, but this is rarely used in Louisiana cooking. For gumbos,
for instance, Creole cooks tend to prefer a blond or medium roux,
where Cajun cooks tend to prefer a very dark roux, which is wonderfully
smoky tasting. (There are, of course, exceptions to this.)"

Also, don't forget to set the scene. Go on over to:
http://www.louisianaradio.com
while you are waiting for that roux to cook.

Thanks again, Fred!

George Elting

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00

And I'm hiding up here in Seattle.

On Sun, 05 Mar 2000 09:48:35 -0600, Dwain Broussard <dw...@hal-pc.org>
wrote:

>Mike, Where do you live (city & state)? Just curious. Looks like the NG has
>Canadian, England (Laddy), Scottland (Minnikan)....quite a diversity. Jude
>from the north, me in Houston.............
>

>Mike Kreko wrote:
>
>> Chicken & Andouille Gumbo
>>
>> 1 Lg. hen, cut for frying
>> 1 lb Andouille sausage sliced
>> 1/2 cup. Cooking Oil
>> 1/2 cup. Flour
>> 1 1/2 cup. Chopped Onion
>> 1 cup. Bell Pepper, Chopped
>> 8 cup. Hot Water
>> Salt, Red Pepper, Gumbo File'
>>
>> Season chicken pieces well with salt and red pepper. Brown the chicken in
>> the oil. Remove the chicken and stir in the flour. Lower the flame and
>> make a roux slowly until it becomes a dark brown. Add the onions and bell
>> pepper. Cook slowly until wilted. Return chicken to roux mixture. Add the
>> water and seasonings. Stir well until all is well blended. Bring to a
>> boil. then lower the flame to simmer and cook until chicken is tender.
>> Twenty minutes before serving add gumbo file' to taste.
>>
>> --
>> Mike Kreko

Just another soggy Seattle Sysop!

Mike Kreko

Mar 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/5/00
for the roux I could tell you the only real way is to use a black iron
Dutch oven but to tell you the truth I find the best way is to use the
microwave and a Pyrex bowl

for those that want to know I am from baton rouge and work with a lot of
people from Pierre part , Gonzales,houma ,layfette and new Orleans and
laplace

this is where emeril learned to cook
where john folse has his restaurant and white oak plantation
Justin Wilson lives rite down the road
home of the world famous jambalaya festival I Gonzales

Mike Kreko

Cajun DX http://www.i-55.com/~mkreko

Jude Crouch

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
Jude Crouch <jcr...@pobox.com> wrote:
> Fred Towner <tow...@cyberlink.bc.ca> wrote:

>>> Anyone want to give us some good advice about roux?

>> Just remember, they don't call roux "Cajun napalm" for no reason at all. Be
>> CAREFUL. A bit of carelessness can result in a very bad burn.

> WOW, Fred! You done good, boy. Y'all got the idea? Roux is the

> base, the thickening agent for soups and stews.

> I think the most authentic mentioned was the one with bacon fat, you
> didn't have to buy anything extra to have some of that. Even up North,
> we always had a can of bacon fat. Mom was a good cook, and she never
> explained roux, (I doubt she knew the word), but make a roux she did.
> Maybe she didn't want us kids making it because it was so hot and could
> burn us. She cooked no Cajun, but her stews and soups were fantastic.

> I can't help but also point you to Chuck Taggart's site:
> http://www.gumbopages.com/food/ingred.html

> where he brings us these words of wisdom:

> "There are three basic types of roux: light (or what the Cajuns call
> "blond"), medium (or "peanut butter" colored), and dark. There is
> white roux also, which is cooked for just a minute to get the flour
> taste out, but this is rarely used in Louisiana cooking. For gumbos,
> for instance, Creole cooks tend to prefer a blond or medium roux,
> where Cajun cooks tend to prefer a very dark roux, which is wonderfully
> smoky tasting. (There are, of course, exceptions to this.)"

> Also, don't forget to set the scene. Go on over to:
> http://www.louisianaradio.com
> while you are waiting for that roux to cook.

> Thanks again, Fred!

Well, I didn't need the roux, I decided on jambalaya instead of gumbo.
It's burlin' on the stove just waiting for the fresh shrimps. I must
say, it is very good!

Here's the subs I made: I didn't have any chicken stock on hand,
so I used boney chicken breasts without skins and cooked them in
a canned broth. After they were cooked, I used the same liquid for
the unpeeled shrimps. I cooled each, added the chicken while I added
the rice, but I won't add the shrimps until I'm almost ready to serve.
The shrimps were so fresh, the smell was wonderful!

It's a special occasion, it's Mardi Gras, so I'm going to bring
some considerable portion of this to work tomorrow, and I know six
of twelve will eat it with me. The rest is for me and Charlie.

Best holidays to all! Party-hardy!

cla...@ebudae.watson.ibm.com

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
On Sun, 5 Mar 2000 23:33:58 -0800, Mike Kreko <mkr...@i-55.com> wrote:
>where john folse has his restaurant and white oak plantation
>Justin Wilson lives rite down the road
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I met a couple of older (10 years about) ladies from Lafayette in a
restaurant the last time I went to New Orleans. Things went pleasantly
until I mentioned that name .... Tar and feathers were mentioned. He's
a bad immitation of a cajun and really makes some people upset.

I won't repeat the story about him that I heard from a cookbook author.

LINDA MAGEE1

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00

If you're looking for a great recipe for Gumbo or Jambalaya, check out David
Rosengarten on FoodTV. I'm watching him right now and he's making it. Looks
really good. Check out http://foodtv.com/davidrosengarten.

Linda

Fred Towner

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00

LINDA MAGEE1 <linda...@cs.com> wrote in message

Linda, that URL won't work. You first have to go to http://foodtv.com then
go to recipes, then click on David's show. Their website won't permit you
to go directly.

Regards,

--
Fred Towner, VA7XX/VE6XX
Jaffray British Columbia Canada

LINDA MAGEE1

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00

Fred, you're absolutely right. I'd forgotten you have to go to the website,
then click on his show--"Taste". Thanks for clearing that up.

In article <KZSw4.10$vB....@news2.randori.com>, "Fred Towner"
<tow...@cyberlink.bc.ca> writes:

>Linda, that URL won't work. You first have to go to http://foodtv.com then
>go to recipes, then click on David's show. Their website won't permit you
>to go directly.
>
>Regards,

>Fred Towner, VA7XX/VE6XX

Dwain Broussard

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
AMEN to that....As far as I am concerned, Justin can take his fake cajun
accent and go back to Mississippi. ---Delta's ready when you are!
Ditto the tar and feathers.
And while I am on this soapbox, we don't burn good fish either!!! But
that's another story.

Mike Kreko

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
BLOODY MARYS

1 quart tomato juice
1 cup vodka
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco brand pepper sauce
Lime slices or celery stalks

In a two-quart pitcher, combine tomato juice, vodka, Worcestershire sauce,
lime juice, and Tabasco sauce. Stir well. Pour over ice and garnish with
lime or celery. Makes 6 (6 oz.) servings.

drink one of these
now back to cooking
--
Mike Kreko

Mike Kreko

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
cant rest now

its Mardi Gras

throw me something mister!

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!!

--
Mike Kreko

Jude Crouch

Mar 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/7/00
Mike Kreko <mkr...@i-55.com> wrote:
> BLOODY MARYS

> 1 quart tomato juice
> 1 cup vodka
> 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
> 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
> 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco brand pepper sauce
> Lime slices or celery stalks

1/2 cup of beef broth
And a little bit of horseradish!
Lots of black pepper

Don't be shy, you can also garnish with a big ol` dill pickle.

> In a two-quart pitcher, combine tomato juice, vodka, Worcestershire sauce,
> lime juice, and Tabasco sauce. Stir well. Pour over ice and garnish with
> lime or celery. Makes 6 (6 oz.) servings.

> drink one of these
> now back to cooking

Drink until noon.
Rest until three.

> --
> Mike Kreko

Thanks, Mike!

James Laudate

Mar 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/16/00
Mike,

Hopefully you live in Baton Rouge, if so, please reply and catch me up on what you
have been doing.

Jim Laudate