Significance of hearing a door bell or door knock

Gillian Webster

Feb 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/3/97
to gweb...@nshpl.library.ns.ca

Hello,
I'd like to find out the significance of hearing a doorbell ring (or a
knock at the door) that no-one else hears. Is it an omen or
superstition of something about to happen? I've checked our limited
folklore resources and not found it. (We've check Zolar's Encyclopedia
and Dictionary of Omens by Philippa Waring.) I've also checked the ghost
stories FAQ, but didn't see it. If one of you can help, that would be
great.
thanks,

--
Gillian Webster, Reference Librarian
Information Services

902/424-2478 FAX: 902/424-0633
gweb...@nshpl.library.ns.ca
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kathleen Burkhalter-Bell

Feb 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/4/97

According to my friend who grew up in an Italian American family, hearing
a door knock is an omen of death.

Nora

Feb 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/5/97

On 4 Feb 1997, Kathleen Burkhalter-Bell wrote:

> According to my friend who grew up in an Italian American family, hearing
> a door knock is an omen of death.

OooPPppsss.... I think i heard a door knock b4...and is rather recent..

Nora

Trevor Ouellette

Feb 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/6/97

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Gillian Webster wrote:

> Hello,
> I'd like to find out the significance of hearing a doorbell ring (or a
> knock at the door) that no-one else hears. Is it an omen or
> superstition of something about to happen? I've checked our limited
> folklore resources and not found it. (We've check Zolar's Encyclopedia
> and Dictionary of Omens by Philippa Waring.) I've also checked the ghost
> stories FAQ, but didn't see it. If one of you can help, that would be
> great.

Gillian,

I'm not sure if there is a tradition. In fact, the only example that I
can think of -- in terms of literary sources -- is the gothic tradition in
which the sublime (particularly the use of sound -- specifically
intermittent sound) is used to promote sensations of apprehension and
dread (a few good examples to look at here are Poe's "The Raven" and Melville's
"The Apple-Tree Table").

I'm not sure if this is exactly the information you're looking for...but
it's the best I could come up with (a story-telling technique to
foreshadow or promote certain emotions in a text)...other than that
though...

Trevor.

"The gods exist; that's the devil of it."

- Jean Cocteau

"The spring is wound up tight. It will uncoil of itself...the least
little turn of the wrist will do the job. Anything will set it going; a
glance at a girl who happens to be lifting her arms to her hair as you
go by; a feeling when you wake up on a fine morning that you'd like a
little respect paid to you today, as if it were as easy to order as a
second cup of coffee; one question too many, idly thrown out over a
friendly drink -- and the tragedy is on."

- Jean Anouilh

Harry Couchman

Feb 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/7/97

Gillian,

Hearing a knock at the door or a doorbell that no-one else hears means it is your turn to
open the door. :-)

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Dave Harding

Feb 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/8/97

HI,

When I was about nine years old my aunt was really sick with cancer.
I prayed and prayed that she would get better, but my parents knew how terminally ill
she was. One night, after I had finished one of my little prayers, I heard my doorknob
turn violently for about fifteen seconds. I started to scream, of course I was
terrified, and my mom came running into my room. I slept in my parents bed that night
and the following evening we received a call saying that she had died. I didn't think
about this much until I heard this similar fact, and I thought instantly of the
incident. Maybe I was just dreaming, but I doubt it, especially for the length of the
occurence. Hope I was able to help.

Steve

In article <Pine.PCW.3.95.97020...@calres1001c.calumet.yorku.ca>,

Arbiter

Feb 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/10/97

Gillian Webster wrote:

> Hello,
> I'd like to find out the significance of hearing a doorbell ring (or a
> knock at the door) that no-one else hears. Is it an omen or
> superstition of something about to happen? I've checked our limited
> folklore resources and not found it. (We've check Zolar's Encyclopedia
> and Dictionary of Omens by Philippa Waring.) I've also checked the ghost
> stories FAQ, but didn't see it. If one of you can help, that would be
> great.
> thanks,

Three knocks in succession, with no-one at the door to make them, is
supposed to herald a death, at least in British Columbia. Mind you,
I've not heard it said that no-one else could hear them.

Cheers!
--
*****
Everybody's playing the game,

But nobody's rules are the same.

Nobody's on nobody's side . . .
*****

Nona C. Wright

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

Gillian Webster wrote:

> Hello,
> I'd like to find out the significance of hearing a doorbell ring (or a
> knock at the door) that no-one else hears. Is it an omen or
> superstition of something about to happen? I've checked our limited
> folklore resources and not found it. (We've check Zolar's Encyclopedia
> and Dictionary of Omens by Philippa Waring.) I've also checked the ghost
> stories FAQ, but didn't see it. If one of you can help, that would be
> great.
> thanks,

Here is a true story about doorbells. My husband died in 1995. His mother has
no door bell and everytime he went to visit her he told her he was going to
put one in. One night several months after he died she was woken up in the
middle of the night by a door bell ringing. She was getting up to answer it
when she realized she didn't have one!!! Wasn't scared or anything. Knew it
was just his way of reasuring her he was ok and watching over us. Hasn't
happened since.

Nona

barebone...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2015, 11:37:43 AM6/19/15
If it's one knock/ring it means a good spirit is trying to enter. Leave your door open for a few seconds to let them in. If it's three rings or knocks, it's an evil spirit, and knocking on the back door is the devil himself.
Message has been deleted

christin...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2016, 4:52:23 PM6/7/16
Hello, I have had this happen to me three times already, and everytime it does someone in my family passes away, first my dad, then my mom, and now my aunt, and everytime my doorbell will ring arnd 3:00am or mid morning arnd 11:00am I've recently lost my parents and aunt within the end of last year 2015 to the beginning of this year 2016,..I don't know what to think of it, and im starting to seek answers from anyone who can help, my doorbell is battery operated and no wires at all, ive changed batteries, unplugged for long periods of time, it stops for a couple of weeks until I get i get bad news , should I be worried, i dont get it

niamhjon...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2016, 12:40:41 PM7/18/16
Last night, I heard the doorbell. It was really late and I wasn't asleep. No one else heard it. I was scared and I thought I was going crazy lol. Then I searched it up online. I saw it was a death omen. That scared me. This happened 1 day after the 1 year anniversary of my granddad's death. I'm not sure if it had
anything to do with my grand dad or not.

lume...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2016, 8:16:24 AM8/12/16
I heard a bell toll last night and it was so obvious to me that it was a ring of a large church/tower bell, yet we have none like that around here and certainly they would ring more than once. It also sounded like in was in the room or just outside the window because it was so clear.

It really made me puzzled but I also felt there was something supernaturally significant in me hearing it right then. For over 10 years I've seemed to be constantly under a 'black cloud', luck wise and currently I am overwhelmed by bad things, some huge, some just small but all adding up to nearly consume me. I thought I better check it out as my intuition was telling me too.

I was hoping it was a good omen, so I was glad to see a reply about one knock/ring being good. But then again, all these queries/answers relate to door bells, not a church/tower bell. Strange. But at least I feel slightly comforted tonight by that one reply, thank you stranger!

pitbull...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2017, 10:12:17 PM3/11/17
Hello so I've been hearing my door bell ring like daily and not even my family can hear it or even my dogs ? ! What you said about the omen "death" is that bad for me ?? Please respond back I'm kind of worried

leab...@gmail.com

May 23, 2017, 11:18:13 PM5/23/17
On Monday, February 3, 1997 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Gillian Webster wrote:
> Hello,
> I'd like to find out the significance of hearing a doorbell ring (or a
> knock at the door) that no-one else hears. Is it an omen or
> superstition of something about to happen? I've checked our limited
> folklore resources and not found it. (We've check Zolar's Encyclopedia
> and Dictionary of Omens by Philippa Waring.) I've also checked the ghost
> stories FAQ, but didn't see it. If one of you can help, that would be
> great.
> thanks,
>
> --
> Gillian Webster, Reference Librarian
> Information Services
> Nova Scotia Provincial Library
> 3770 Kempt Rd.
> Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3K 4X8
>
> 902/424-2478 FAX: 902/424-0633
> gweb...@nshpl.library.ns.ca
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this can usually be a sign of spirits in your house wanting to contact you, this most commonly is heard when listening to music or watching something on a device. It can be a sign of evil spirits or passed away loved ones spirits coming to visit. It is believed to be bad luck to open a door when this happens, so try to ignore it

liezell...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2017, 5:35:59 AM6/13/17
On Monday, February 3, 1997 at 10:00:00 AM UTC+2, Gillian Webster wrote:
> Hello,
> I'd like to find out the significance of hearing a doorbell ring (or a
> knock at the door) that no-one else hears. Is it an omen or
> superstition of something about to happen? I've checked our limited
> folklore resources and not found it. (We've check Zolar's Encyclopedia
> and Dictionary of Omens by Philippa Waring.) I've also checked the ghost
> stories FAQ, but didn't see it. If one of you can help, that would be
> great.
> thanks,
>
> --
> Gillian Webster, Reference Librarian
> Information Services
> Nova Scotia Provincial Library
> 3770 Kempt Rd.
> Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3K 4X8
>
> 902/424-2478 FAX: 902/424-0633
> gweb...@nshpl.library.ns.ca
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Gillian,
I've had the door knocks, a double tap and no one there, but then I won a bit in the lottery. Can't be bad?
Roger xx

blossie...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2017, 1:28:14 PM11/19/17
I heard my doorbell ring at 6:05am and my dog was on the bed, he did not hear it,he didnt bark or even move. I even got up to look out my peep hole, and no one there, and it was very loud. Later I was in my car driving to my client, and I prayed to the Lord that he would tell me, and you know what? He did, a still snall voice said to me, "Im at the door,...in other words spiritually, He is coming back. It was like in my spirit, are you ready? Im returning soon.

Pabst Blue Ribbon

Nov 24, 2017, 12:15:36 AM11/24/17
Did you forget to take your pills again?

gbrow...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2017, 10:57:51 AM11/29/17
On Monday, February 3, 1997 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Gillian Webster wrote:
> Hello,
> I'd like to find out the significance of hearing a doorbell ring (or a
> knock at the door) that no-one else hears. Is it an omen or
> superstition of something about to happen? I've checked our limited
> folklore resources and not found it. (We've check Zolar's Encyclopedia
> and Dictionary of Omens by Philippa Waring.) I've also checked the ghost
> stories FAQ, but didn't see it. If one of you can help, that would be
> great.
> thanks,
>
> --
> Gillian Webster, Reference Librarian
> Information Services
> Nova Scotia Provincial Library
> 3770 Kempt Rd.
> Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3K 4X8
>
> 902/424-2478 FAX: 902/424-0633
> gweb...@nshpl.library.ns.ca
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is currently happening to me. At 5 or 10 minutes til 8pm, not every night but several nights a week. This has been happening since Mid-October, it is now the end of November. I hear it, my children hear it, my mother has even heard it, but my current husband and his stepson have not. It never happens when my husband is home (he works nights, so isn't typically home at that time), and my stepson is home, but is oblivious to it even when standing within feet of the door. If I'm home alone or busy where I'm not paying attention to the time of day, it is more likely to happen. I was previously a widow, but my husband had past four years ago. It is always just one ring of the door bell. No one there. It has also followed me from a previous address, as we moved early November and it has continued to happen at our new home.

Has anyone figured this out? I want to believe it is my previous husband, just wanting me to know he is still around and everything is ok. But some of the posts I have read have me concerned.

???

claud...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2018, 2:24:57 AM1/12/18
That just happened to me at 1am and it's 2:23am as I'm writing this. I heard my doorbell ring twice but there was no sound. My dog is on my bed fast asleep and she didn't wake up. She normally runs downstairs to the window and or door and barks.

stni...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2018, 2:10:34 AM1/23/18
Is everyone talking about hearing knocks on their front door because i hear the knocks on my bedroom door

wahs...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2018, 3:57:39 AM2/15/18
me too

yolan...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2018, 8:15:08 PM3/13/18
If you heard it ringing, you can expect to have an opportunity to engage in a happy new activity. Be alert, so you don’t miss the opportunity when it comes!

jnor...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2018, 8:44:28 PM3/15/18
At 442 or 443 I heard door bell ring I ran out and no one was there and I looked at my phone say 444 does that mean good news

motherBuddha

Mar 27, 2018, 2:10:55 AM3/27/18
On 11/19/2017 12:28, blossie...@gmail.com wrote:
> I heard my doorbell ring at 6:05am and my dog was on the bed, he did not hear it,he didnt bark or even move. I even got up to look out my peep hole, and no one there, and it was very loud. Later I was in my car driving to my client, and I prayed to the Lord that he would tell me, and you know what? He did, a still snall voice said to me, "Im at the door,...in other words spiritually, He is coming back. It was like in my spirit, are you ready? Im returning soon.

Possibly hypnagogia? Like a hypnopompic hallucination?

snoopy_s...@hotmail.com

May 8, 2018, 5:52:57 PM5/8/18
I've heard that when you see the same number like 444 or it's 3.33 etc it means that the angels are with you.

Also I'm pretty sure that when you hear a knock on your bedroom door it means love is coming to you. Before I met my partner I heard one knock outside the door and then maybe a month or two later on my bedroom door. These all happened at night. Some more months passed and I heard one knock on the front door again and in the morning there was a beautiful flower on the door mat. That flower is not around any of the 8 houses around me. Some time later love did come into my life after having been single for a very long time. Looking back now I realise this was just before we started to notice each other. It's possible that maybe that special person has already noticed you but you haven't noticed them yet or you are going to meet him/ her soon! <3

boro...@googlemail.com

Jul 25, 2018, 10:23:00 AM7/25/18
I mostly hear it when I'm half asleep or just about to wake,is it hypnagogic jerk, your imagination telling you to wake or is it that you are in the Theta Wave state (I think),where you are supposedly more perceptive in the spirit world. I also have a bizarre dream where I see a Christmas barbel rolling off a table in slow motion and as it huts the floor it smashes and the crash /bang wakes me. But when I'm awake I can still hear the ringing in my ears from the crash/bang. I have however had 3 dreams in my life that later came true. Two events were local news stories and the other was a family issue. My brother also had a dream about his favourite boxers(pugilist not underwear) being tossed about on a ship. This was before the boxing day tsunami. There are numerous reports of people predicting the Abervan disaster in Wales.

brown...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2018, 6:40:24 PM7/26/18
Hey i heard a small quiet knock on the door and i have a roblox stalker AND IM ONLY 9 YEARS OLD SOMEONE HELP ME!!! IM ABOUT TO CRAP MA PANTS

poolerchri...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2018, 1:36:08 AM8/2/18
Last night I woke up at 10:20 PM to two knocks on my bedroom door. The thing is I just found God again for the second time after 16 years and I’ve been praying the last two days especially all day yesterday when it happened so it’s some kind of sign but to me it seemed negative and/scared me a bit. It wasn’t no imagination neither. It was plain as day like my daughter somebody would knock on my door but it was two rapid knocks. I took that as a sign of either astral projection or God is showing me is coming into my life. All I can do is continue to pray and do the best I can .

mn...@optimataxrelief.com

Aug 4, 2018, 9:21:16 AM8/4/18
Yes it means a loved one who passed came to say their goodbyes a day before...or even after they psss. They will come visit once in awhile to see if you're ok.

--
*_Please be advised that unless specifically stated as otherwise, any
accounting, business or tax advice contained in this communication is

anderson...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2018, 8:05:59 AM8/12/18
That means the spirit of death is closer than you think....lol

kmore...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2018, 5:29:40 PM8/14/18
My doorbell will ring and I look right out and there is nobody there. This happens several times a week. Last night it rang at 9:08pm. Times before it has been 8:14pm. What does this mean? Some say open the door, but others say don't open the door because I could be letting a bad spirit in. Thoughts on this matter please. Thank You

noe.1985...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2018, 3:02:53 PM8/17/18
On Monday, February 3, 1997 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Gillian Webster wrote:
> Hello,
> I'd like to find out the significance of hearing a doorbell ring (or a
> knock at the door) that no-one else hears. Is it an omen or
> superstition of something about to happen? I've checked our limited
> folklore resources and not found it. (We've check Zolar's Encyclopedia
> and Dictionary of Omens by Philippa Waring.) I've also checked the ghost
> stories FAQ, but didn't see it. If one of you can help, that would be
> great.
> thanks,
>
> --
> Gillian Webster, Reference Librarian
> Information Services
> Nova Scotia Provincial Library
> 3770 Kempt Rd.
> Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3K 4X8
>
> 902/424-2478 FAX: 902/424-0633
> gweb...@nshpl.library.ns.ca
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

theirs been smething following me , it always double knocks , on my window walls when im in the shower , my front door . its grabbed my hair already .does anyone know if its something bad.

kilal...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2018, 6:55:41 PM8/18/18
Alright can someone please help me?
Last night I hear the doorbell ring around 4:30 am and I was dead asleep but the sound woke me up.. I remembered my mom telling me this happened to her so I got up and went to check I looked through the peephole and saw the tall grey man or thing standing there looking at the door.. I was to scared to get more features and I bolted to my moms room.

cbusylol

Aug 26, 2018, 5:28:13 PM8/26/18
On Saturday, August 18, 2018 at 4:55:41 PM UTC-6, kilal...@gmail.com wrote:
> Alright can someone please help me?
> Last night I hear the doorbell ring around 4:30 am and I was dead asleep but the sound woke me up.. I remembered my mom telling me this happened to her so I got up and went to check I looked through the peephole and saw the tall grey man or thing standing there looking at the door.. I was to scared to get more features and I bolted to my moms room.

kids playing pranks

janicep...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2018, 4:45:17 AM9/1/18
What that mean when u here knock on your front door

coletteb...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2018, 2:23:11 PM9/2/18
Hi, I’m hearing a loud doorbell ring with no pattern to the time, it’s been a little more frequent with it happening just an hour ago and the time before that was a few days ago. It’s not our doorbell that I’m hearing and it actually started when our doorbell was disconnected because we are remodeling. It’s loud and I can’t find the source of the sound. My husband died tragically in April and the doorbell started a few months after that. I don’t really believe in ghosts and I’ve never had a feeling that he’s here and also I don’t get a feeling of anything when I hear the ring. Also it’s not in my head because my son and dog heard it as well.

clared...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2018, 2:08:56 AM9/17/18
I had to reach out because I don't have a clue what it means. I heard three knocks as on wood while in my garage. The knocks couldn't have been on the garage door as it is metal. Then, tonight, reading in the garage, something jumped into my line of sight, it was a little toad. I can tell you I don't like toads but I caught it and it wasn't hard. I have it in a jar now and will send it outside but really, two nights in a row?

alli...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2018, 7:24:08 AM9/30/18
What about four knocks? Do you know what it means to hear four?

carriea...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2018, 9:21:32 AM10/5/18
Last night we heard that at 444 also! He asked did you just hear the doorbell? I said yes.he got up and one was there we looked out all windows...no one. After about 10 minutes we went back to bed. Then we heard knocking at the back of the house. No one was their either! Just bought my first home in March. Peaceful from March to June...I’ve had weird things ever since June 5 when my Estranged father passed away.

donna.mi...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2018, 3:47:19 PM10/21/18
Paul teaches us,” absent from the body present with the Lord.”
When we die we have no memory of this life at all. We don’t “ visit “ each other. If anyone is with you, it’s Jesus. And that’s awesome!

leandror...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2018, 7:11:07 PM10/31/18
Idk why but i keep hear 2 knocks on my bedroom door in the morning like around 8am I think. Good thing im not the only one whos been hearing this.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

esm...@yahoo.com

Apr 14, 2019, 5:15:52 PM4/14/19
Lol

bizne...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2019, 10:00:46 AM6/18/19
I would think that a church bell herald the good news! SO look for good things to happen in your life!

bizne...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2019, 10:08:49 AM6/18/19
Pray over some clean oil and anoint your doorway. Do not anoint the floor of the doorway, but the two sides and the top. Ask Holy Spirit to come in and the angels of God. And tell them to stand guard over the door of your heart and the door of your house to protect you. Then see what goes on.

bizne...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2019, 10:11:10 AM6/18/19
Holy Spirit is a gentleman and would NEVER grab you hair like that. You need to pray over your home, or have someone you know who is christian that believes in these events happening, pray over your home and anoint it. Evil fully intends to scare you in order to gain entrance. Do not fear....God is greater!

bizne...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2019, 10:13:08 AM6/18/19
Is the approximate time of the ring/knock happening about the time of day your former husband passed?

jmora...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2019, 2:25:40 PM6/28/19
Had a pretty bad accident I was lucky to survive 2 years ago took a hell of a beating right after too made my memory absolutely horribly terrible gotten better but still have daily issues I never had before in my life. Anyway ever since then I’m constantly woken up (no specific times) by a doorbell only I hear. Any thoughts? Could my head trauma be causing this? Passed loved ones? Or this opportunity will be coming your way thing?
JessTheMess

dorame...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2019, 10:37:59 AM7/27/19
Frog means, Fully
Rely
On
God
Message has been deleted

unau...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2020, 8:22:40 PM2/12/20
After a knock to a door, when nobody is there, our family always have a death. We have even had a knock to a bathroom window of a two storey house. This morning I heard the door bell ring twice, nobody at the door and my mother never heard it either. I know to expect bad news especially as all last week I was smelling the most delicious perfume in the smallest bedroom and again my mother couldn't smell it.

weary flake

Mar 7, 2020, 4:00:40 PM3/7/20
Spooky! Has anything happened since the knocking and perfume?

susanw...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2020, 1:58:52 AM3/19/20
Heya lm.Susan this happened to me alot the doorbell rings once and wakes me with a fright its happened so many times that l dont always go to check sometimes l do and its mail other times l do as nd its no one always wondered is there a spiritual aspect to this x

abag...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2020, 7:11:33 PM3/21/20
This past week I have heard my doorbell ring once, my dog ran straight to the door, I went to see who it was and there was no one there. I then this morning went in my bathroom to find a picture that says France on it has fallen off the wall, this picture has been on the wall for several years with no issues. Then I am in my garage this afternoon talking to my friend about it and we heard scratching at the door like my dog was trying to get in. I was confused because we didn't' let the dog out. Sure enough, there was no one there. Immediately after we went into the house and we saw an eagle flying high above. With the picture all I could hear over and over in my head is "France falls". I feel very much this activity is related to the situation we are in in the world right now with the coronavirus. I am very concerned. I have two friends who have also had odd supernatural like things happening in their homes in the past week too. Has anyone else had an increase of activity in there homes during this cirsis?

slime...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2020, 12:54:48 AM4/1/20
i heard a knock at my front door sometime around 11:00 pm and there were 5 knocks is that bad or good?

ph00...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2020, 12:56:31 AM4/1/20
hello i was in my bed and then i hear 5 knocks my dad do not even hear them and they were loud to i live in norris tennessee can someone explain?

asta.skaf...@gmail.com

May 14, 2020, 11:19:56 PM5/14/20
Five minutes before I arrive to my parents, their doorbell rings. Five minutes before I arrive to home from work, my children hear the door open and close. Everyone has gotten used to it. Anyone know what this is?

captain...@gmail.com

May 31, 2020, 4:19:28 AM5/31/20
I live in the basement of a friends. Late one night I heard the door bell at 3:30 am and 2 knocks right after, I checked the time and went upstairs quietly because I didn’t wanna wake my sister up, I look to the right where the front door is and I see a shadow with red light behind it. The shadow didn’t move it just starred into me and it was very creepy because it felt cold and it was pitch black and the only light was the door where the shadow was, the shadow didn’t look right it looked unnatural. The shadow moved left where the brick wall is and when I went to the door nothing was there. I don’t feel that this was a person because the coldness and the random scratches I’ve seen on me have been not adding up and that scared me. I woke my sister up and told her about it. She said she didn’t hear the doorbell or knocking. It still scares me and I will never forget this night.

carla...@hotmail.com

Jun 12, 2020, 5:05:44 PM6/12/20
So intriguing.. I also hearing doorbell on and off in different times in my life.. I nearly open the door this morning 7am as I heard the doorbell but there’s was nobody..
Never understood what was happening.

james.tho...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2020, 9:28:21 PM6/23/20
On Monday, February 3, 1997 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Gillian Webster wrote:
> Hello,
> I'd like to find out the significance of hearing a doorbell ring (or a
> knock at the door) that no-one else hears. Is it an omen or
> superstition of something about to happen? I've checked our limited
> folklore resources and not found it. (We've check Zolar's Encyclopedia
> and Dictionary of Omens by Philippa Waring.) I've also checked the ghost
> stories FAQ, but didn't see it. If one of you can help, that would be
> great.
> thanks,
>
> --
> Gillian Webster, Reference Librarian
> Information Services
> Nova Scotia Provincial Library
> 3770 Kempt Rd.
> Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3K 4X8
>
> 902/424-2478 FAX: 902/424-0633
> gweb...@nshpl.library.ns.ca
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone, can someone explain what it means to get 5-6 knocks in rapid succession, the first being very loud like a kick but all knocks being loud. I felt a sense of urgency, and thought it was the police or something. Of course, I opened the door, but no one there. I checked around my apartments both directions and didn't see anything indicating what it could have been. I have searched Google but only come up with two or three knocks, not 5 or more. Not sure exactly if it was 5 or 6 knocks. It could have been 6 since the knocks were rapid. This occurred at exactly 11:59 PM CST 2019, this past New Year's Eve.

donyel...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2020, 2:39:28 PM7/15/20
Me too

laurice...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2020, 10:57:00 PM7/31/20
Me too! I just realized today that every time I have a package or someone comes over to the house I’ll hear the doorbell ring in my sleep. I haven’t figured out why I hear the knocking sound yet I haven’t heard it in a while.

Barbara Sbrocco

Jul 4, 2021, 11:55:23 PM7/4/21
On Friday, July 31, 2020 at 10:57:00 PM UTC-4, laurice...@gmail.com wrote:
> Me too! I just realized today that every time I have a package or someone comes over to the house I’ll hear the doorbell ring in my sleep. I haven’t figured out why I hear the knocking sound yet I haven’t heard it in a while.
My mother (now passed) began hearing what we called "psychic doorbells" as her relatives of her parents' generation began to grow old and die. The first time it happened, she woke my dad and he went to the door but found no one there. In the morning we got a phone call that a relative had passed. She was awakened by doorbells many times after that and each time we got news of a death in the family the following day. We were a very Catholic family and not disposed to believing in anything supernatural, but what the heck are you supposed to think when this keeps happening to you???

pH

Jul 6, 2021, 2:43:54 PM7/6/21
Wife and I once told my late great aunt that we were taking a beginning
psychic class. Eg: What are chakras, what is clairaudiance, what is
clairvoyance, etc.
When we talked about what our teacher called "watchers", which apparently
are softball sized blue orbs that he says float around and maybe record
things for the akoshic record (he said they never responded if you tried to
talk to one.

Anyway, Great Aunt perked up at that and told us that she would always know
when someone in our family was going to pass away. when she was in bed she
would suddenly awaken.
Then one of those orbs would descend from the ceiling and appear over her
head near the ceiling. It would then drift its way to the foot end of the
bed, just past her feet, and lower midway between the floor and ceiling.

She said she never got any hint of communication from them. Well, the orb
would eventually disappear and then she would spend the rest of the night
awake and worrying to see if the portent would come true or not. It always
did, she said.

One night she was surprised to seee *two* orbs come down from the ceiling.
Sure enough, the next day my grandmother (her sister) and one of her
brothers' wives both passed away.

Weird.

I had never known any of this and she said she never told anyone since she
thought they'd think her crazy. I guess it pays to talk to people if you
want ghost stories/experiences.

pH in Aptos