Atheists that believe in Jesus

^^^

Feb 23, 2007, 11:27:51 AM2/23/07

Feb 23, 2007, 11:45:44 AM2/23/07

"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1172248071.2...@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> http://www.atheists-for-jesus.com/

Eternal Life Illustrations

1046 Benhoeffer's New Life

During World War II, a prisoner wrote: "Sunday, April 8, 1945,
Pastor Benhoeffer held a little service which reached the hearts
of all. He had hardly finished his prayer, when the door opened.
Two evil-looking soldiers came in and barked: "Prisoner
Benhoeffer, come with us!" The words meant only one thing, the
scaffold. As he bid his fellow prisoners good-bye, he said, "For
me this is the beginning of a new life, eternal life.""

[1]

1372 Eternal Life In The Bahamas?

According to a tradition current among the natives of Puerto Rico,
there was an island of the Bahamas group which had upon it a
marvelous fountain, whose waters produced perpetual youth. For
this elixir of eternal life, Juan Ponce de Leon, the Spanish
navigator, sought long and hard, yet in vain.

-Foster

[2]

1378 Ten Years Or A Thousand

When Rufus Choate, the distinguished American statesman went to
England in search of health, a friend said to him, "I feel sure
that your health will be restored and that you will be living and
at your work ten years from now." "Living ten years from now!"
said the great lawyer. "I shall be living a thousand years from
now." In a few days Mr. Choate died, but in the sense in which he
used the words he did not die.

-Westminster Teacher

[3]

4904 Dr. Hinson's Valedictory Address

The following is a quotation from the words of Dr. W. B. Hinson,
speaking from the pulpit a year after the commencement of the
illness from which he ultimately died: "I remember a year ago when
a man in this city said, "You have got to go to your death." I
walked out to where I live, five miles out of this city, and I
looked across at that mountain that I love, and I looked at the
river in which I rejoice, and I looked at the stately trees that
are always God's own poetry to my soul.

"Then in the evening I looked up into the great sky where God was
lighting his lamps, and I said: "I may not see you many more
times, but, Mountain, I shall be alive when you are gone; and,
River, I shall be alive when you cease running toward the sea;
and, Stars, I shall be alive when you have fallen from your
sockets in the great down-pulling of the material universe!"" This
is the confidence of one who knew the Saviour. Is it yours?

-Advent Herald

[4]

"FOR WE MUST ALL APPEAR BEFORE THE JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST . "(II
COR. 5:10)

[5]

4909 Stanford's Crumbling Foundation

In the quadrangle of Leland Stanford University near San Francisco
there stood a magnificent memorial arch, built so largely,
solidly, and splendidly, it seemed it would stand forever. But
when the earthquake came, it collapsed in ruin. Its foundations
were disclosed . the builder had put in chips and rubble. Many
seem successful for a time, then suddenly collapse. The secret sin
comes to light; the foundation's rottenness is disclosed!

-J. B. Dengis

[6]

5037 The 800-Year Rose

In Romsey, England, an expert in ancient plants has identified a
seed discovered inside an abbey wall as an 856-year-old rose.
Workmen found the rose behind a medieval painting in a hole sealed
in 1120.

Think of it! A seed preserved and isolated for 856 years. That
seed which was never allowed to fall into the ground, die, and
spring up as a beautiful rose bush.

-Prairie Overcomer

[7]

6232 Epigram On Sunday (Observance)

. Our great-grandfathers called it the holy Sabbath; our
grandfathers, the Sabbath; our fathers, Sunday; but today we call
it the weekend.

-Wesleyan Methodist

. Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do
with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

-Susan Ertz

. "A world without a Sabbath would be like a man without a
smile, like a summer without flowers, and like a homestead without
a garden. It is the most joyous day of the week."

-Henry Ward Beecher

. I can never hope to destroy Christianity until I first
destroy the Christian Sabbath.

-Voltaire

. Tell me what the young men of England are doing on Sunday,
and I will tell you what the future of England will be.

-Gladstone

. Jesus spoke about the ox in the ditch on the Sabbath. But if
your ox gets in the ditch every Sabbath, you should either get rid
of the ox or fill up the ditch.

-Billy Graham

[8]

A child does not begin to exist when he (or she) is born. The
child has already existed for nine months prior to this in the
mother's womb. At the point of birth, only the conditions in which
the child exists change. Before, he lived internally; now, he
lives externally. Before, he was fed internally; now, he feeds
externally. He does not begin to live at birth: he has lived all
the time since conception, but conditions change at birth.

So also can the believer view death. At the point of death, the
conditions of our eternal life change-but not the fact that we do
indeed have eternal life.

[9]

When the great Christian scientist Sir Michael Faraday was dying,
some journalists questioned him about his speculations for a life
after death. He purportedly replied: "Speculations! I know nothing
about speculations. I'm resting on certainties. I know that my
Redeemer liveth, and because He lives, I shall live also" (Job
19:25).

[10]

B. J. Honeycutt, a character on the T.V. series "M.A.S.H.," gave
this reason for why he didn't give in to temptation in the midst
of the Korean War: "I live in an insane world where nothing makes
sense. Everyone around me lives for the now, because there may not
be a tomorrow. But I have to live for tomorrow, because for me
there is no now."

For B. J., his hope for the future was seeing his family again.
That hope was sufficient to define how he would behave in an
extremely difficult situation. How much more so should our future
hope of the kingdom of God shape how we live?

[11]

[1]Tan, P. L. (1996, c1979). Encyclopedia of 7700 illustrations :
A treasury of illustrations, anecdotes, facts and quotations for
pastors, teachers and Christian workers. Garland TX: Bible
Communications.

[2]Tan, P. L. (1996, c1979). Encyclopedia of 7700 illustrations :
A treasury of illustrations, anecdotes, facts and quotations for
pastors, teachers and Christian workers. Garland TX: Bible
Communications.

[3]Tan, P. L. (1996, c1979). Encyclopedia of 7700 illustrations :
A treasury of illustrations, anecdotes, facts and quotations for
pastors, teachers and Christian workers. Garland TX: Bible
Communications.

[4]Tan, P. L. (1996, c1979). Encyclopedia of 7700 illustrations :
A treasury of illustrations, anecdotes, facts and quotations for
pastors, teachers and Christian workers. Garland TX: Bible
Communications.

[5]Tan, P. L. (1996, c1979). Encyclopedia of 7700 illustrations :
A treasury of illustrations, anecdotes, facts and quotations for
pastors, teachers and Christian workers. Garland TX: Bible
Communications.

[6]Tan, P. L. (1996, c1979). Encyclopedia of 7700 illustrations :
A treasury of illustrations, anecdotes, facts and quotations for
pastors, teachers and Christian workers. Garland TX: Bible
Communications.

[7]Tan, P. L. (1996, c1979). Encyclopedia of 7700 illustrations :
A treasury of illustrations, anecdotes, facts and quotations for
pastors, teachers and Christian workers. Garland TX: Bible
Communications.

[8]Tan, P. L. (1996, c1979). Encyclopedia of 7700 illustrations :
A treasury of illustrations, anecdotes, facts and quotations for
pastors, teachers and Christian workers. Garland TX: Bible
Communications.

[9]Green, M. P. (1989). Illustrations for Bilical Preaching : Over
1500 sermon illustrations arranged by topic and indexed
exhaustively (Revised edition of: The expositor's illustration
file.). Grand Rapids: Baker Book House.

[10]Green, M. P. (1989). Illustrations for Bilical Preaching :
Over 1500 sermon illustrations arranged by topic and indexed
exhaustively (Revised edition of: The expositor's illustration
file.). Grand Rapids: Baker Book House.

[11]Green, M. P. (1989). Illustrations for Bilical Preaching :

--
There's no hurry?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrmDWn6awMA
"The best way to drive out the devil, if he will
not yield to texts of Scripture, is to jeer and
flout him, for he cannot bear scorn."
http://bibleweb.info/ftp/ftp-members-0001.html
Born once, die twice. Born twice, die once.
Wisdom of a Lifetime - Audio MP3 Collection -
http://bibleweb.info/ftp/ftp-members-0002.html
The Last (5th) Horseman
http://bibleweb.info/ftp/ftp-members-0003.html
The Facts About Jesus, the Bible & the Afterlife
http://bibleweb.info/ftp/ftp-members-0004.html
The Way - http://john-14-6.com/john-14-6.pdf
A Tribute to THE KING
http://bibleweb.info/public-a-tribute-to-the-king.pdf
My Main Collection - http://Bibleweb.Info/

Whew_NotYuppie

Feb 23, 2007, 12:52:20 PM2/23/07

"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> http://www.atheists-for-jesus.com/

What a crock of shit. You can't tell how twisted his dialogue is?
He's MAKING MONEY.
You must be a real moron to think there is an atheist who believes any of
the crap in the bible.

Phÿltêr

Feb 23, 2007, 1:02:34 PM2/23/07
"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> blew me away with

> http://www.atheists-for-jesus.com/

Oh look, knob-head's back...

--
Phÿltêr

Alt.Atheism #1938

Plonked by Fred Stone 03/17/2006

Denizen of Darkness #44

'72 Telecaster Thinline...

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com

Message has been deleted

Father Haskell

Feb 24, 2007, 4:04:43 AM2/24/07
On Feb 23, 11:27 am, "^^^" <chrisa1...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.atheists-for-jesus.com/

I get a blank page.

Message has been deleted

Feb 24, 2007, 10:13:09 AM2/24/07

"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1172248071.2...@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> http://www.atheists-for-jesus.com/

The Word of the Lord Stands Forever!

1 Peter 1:24-25 (NASB95)

24 For, "aAll flesh is like grass, And all its glory like the
flower of grass. The grass withers, And the flower falls off,

25 aBut the word of the Lord endures forever." And this is bthe
word which was 1preached to you.

[1]

The first reason we are to love one another fervently is because we are
children in the same family, born not of man but by the explosive power of
the Word of God.

[2]

1:24 The transitory character of human nature is emphasized by a quotation
of Isaiah 40:6, 7. Human life is as impermanent as grass. Physical beauty
is as short-lived as the flowers of the field. The grass withers, and the
flowers droop and die.

Don't ever think that there is something of value in us that we can offer
to God. All the glory of mankind is like the fragile flower of grass. In
other words, mankind is like the grass which I can see from my window. It
is nice and green in the summertime, but it is brown and dead in the
wintertime.[3]

1:25 In contrast, the word of the Lord endures forever (Isa. 40:8).
Therefore, the new life of the believer is equally incorruptible. This
incorruptible word is the message of good news which was preached to
Peter's readers and which caused them to be born again. It was the source
of their eternal life.

[4]

My friend, we need the preaching and the teaching of the Word of God above
everything else. I do not mean to minimize the place of music, the place
of methods, and the place of organization, but there is absolutely no
substitute for the Word of God today. "The word of the Lord endureth for
ever." [5]

Isaiah 40:8 (NASB95)

8 The grass withers, the flower fades, But athe word of our God
stands forever.

[6]

William Kelly wrote that

as the end draws nearer we do greatly need simplicity to rest upon God's
Word. There may be difficulties to such as we are, and the Word seems a
weak thing to confide in for eternity, but in truth it is more stable than
heaven or earth.? 48

[7]

Only God's will, word, and work are permanent. We are mortal, but God's
word is eternal and unfailing. Peter's readers would face suffering and
persecution, but that would be only temporary. As the word of the Lord
endures forever, so their salvation and subsequent eternal glory would
endure forever.

That word is the good news that was announced to you. NRSV What gives
reason for life? What gives peace and patience in the middle of suffering
and persecution? Why have hope? Peter answered the questions in this
phrase: They believed in the eternal word of God. Believers have been born
again "through the living and enduring word of God" (1:23) because they
believed the good news that had been announced (or proclaimed) to them
through the apostles or other believers.

[8]

The final theological point we need to note is that Peter regarded it as a
given that salvation was induced only by the preaching of the gospel.
There is no room in this section for people to come into right
relationship with God through any alternative means-good living, following
nature to God, another religion, etc. This is not really surprising, for
it is in perfect harmony with Acts 4:10-12 which Peter had preached nearly
three decades earlier.

While this section emphasizes love between believers, the process it
identifies for becoming a believer reminds the concerned reader of Rom
10:14, for God's desire is that all believers would evangelize the gospel
to the unsaved souls with whom they make contact.

[9]

1:24-25. Here Peter quotes Isaiah 40:6-8 (following the LXX, which is more
concise than the Hebrew text here), where the word is the future message
of salvation in the time when God would redeem his people (e.g., 52:7-8).

[10]

(Isaiah 52:7-8 NASB)

7 How lovely on the mountains Are the feet of him who brings ?a?good
news, Who announces ?1?peace And brings good news of ?2?happiness, Who
announces salvation, And says to Zion, "Your ?b?God ?3?reigns!"

8 Listen! Your watchmen lift up their ?a?voices, They shout joyfully
together; For they will see ?1?with their own eyes When the Lord restores
Zion.

[11]

Many centuries ago there was a Roman emperor named Diocletian who was
known for his hatred of Christianity. He hated the Bible so much that he
took a Bible and burned it, and then on top of that burned Bible he
erected a monument. Chiseled on that monument were these words: Extincto
nomini christianorum - "The name of Christian is extinct." Over the years
many like Diocletian have sought to eradicate the Bible and Christianity,
but for naught. The Bible is the incorruptible Word of God, and the foul
breath of time and the gnawing tooth of decay cannot destroy the Word of
God!

a Is 40:6ff; James 1:10f
a Is 40:8
b Heb 6:5

1 Lit preached as good news to you

[1] New American Standard Bible : 1995 update. 1995. LaHabra, CA: The
Lockman Foundation.

[2]Courson, J. (2003). Jon Courson's Application Commentary (1548).
Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson.

[3]McGee, J. V. (1997, c1981). Thru the Bible commentary. Based on the
Thru the Bible radio program. (electronic ed.) (5:687). Nashville: Thomas
Nelson.

[4]MacDonald, W., & Farstad, A. (1997, c1995). Believer's Bible Commentary
: Old and New Testaments (1 Pe 1:24). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

[5]McGee, J. V. (1997, c1981). Thru the Bible commentary. Based on the
Thru the Bible radio program. (electronic ed.) (5:687-688). Nashville:
Thomas Nelson.

a Is 55:11; 59:21; Matt 5:18

[6] New American Standard Bible : 1995 update. 1995. LaHabra, CA: The
Lockman Foundation.

? 48 (40:6-8) Quoted by Jennings, Isaiah, p. 467.

[7]MacDonald, W., & Farstad, A. (1997, c1995). Believer's Bible Commentary
: Old and New Testaments (Is 40:6). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

NRSV Scripture quotations marked NRSV are taken from the New Revised
Standard Version of the Bible, copyrighted, 1989 by the Division of
Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in
the United States of America, and are used by permission. All rights
reserved.

[8]Barton, B. B. (1995). 1 Peter, 2 Peter, Jude. Life application Bible
commentary (47). Wheaton, Ill.: Tyndale House Pub.

[9]Mills, M. (1997, c1987). I Peter : A study guide to the First Epistle
by Peter (1 Pe 1:22). Dallas: 3E Ministries.

LXX LXX. The common abbreviation for the Septuagint.

[10]Keener, C. S., & InterVarsity Press. (1993). The IVP Bible background
commentary : New Testament (1 Pe 1:24). Downers Grove, Ill.: InterVarsity
Press.

a Is 40:9; 61:1; Nah 1:15; Rom 10:15; Eph 6:15
1 Or well-being
2 Lit good
b Ps 93:1; Is 24:23
3 Or is King
a Is 62:6
1 Lit eye to eye

[11]New American Standard Bible : 1995 update. 1995 (Is 52:7-8). LaHabra,
CA: The Lockman Foundation.

Whew_NotYuppie

Feb 24, 2007, 5:13:52 PM2/24/07

"Father Haskell" <father...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Feb 23, 11:27 am, "^^^" <chrisa1...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> http://www.atheists-for-jesus.com/
>
> I get a blank page.

Might as well be blank anyways

Father Haskell

Feb 27, 2007, 7:14:49 PM2/27/07
On Feb 24, 5:13 pm, "Whew_NotYuppie" <d.stef...@ca.rr.com> wrote:
> "Father Haskell" <fatherhask...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Possibly it's the sequel to _What God has Revealed to Man_.

^^^

Feb 27, 2007, 7:20:08 PM2/27/07

No, they don't believe in God. It is ATHEISTS for Jesus, after all.

Whew_NotYuppie

Feb 27, 2007, 7:35:16 PM2/27/07

"Father Haskell" <father...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
he he he he he...good one

Whew_NotYuppie

Feb 27, 2007, 7:35:52 PM2/27/07

"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Talk about a royal mind fucking website.

Phÿltêr

Feb 28, 2007, 6:33:23 PM2/28/07

St. Jackanapes

Mar 2, 2007, 3:31:41 AM3/2/07

In alt.flame.jesus.christ,^^^ said...

> http://www.atheists-for-jesus.com/

Go away, retard boy.

--
St. Jackanapes
http://www.jackanapes.ws

^^^

Mar 2, 2007, 12:03:08 PM3/2/07
On Mar 2, 3:31 am, St. Jackanapes <webmas...@nospam.jackanapes.ws>
wrote:

> In alt.flame.jesus.christ,^^^ said...
>
> >http://www.atheists-for-jesus.com/
>
> Go away, retard boy.

I wasn't trying to proseletize. I was just sharing information.

It happens in other NG's and those people are not as rude as you are.

Whew_NotYuppie

Mar 2, 2007, 12:20:19 PM3/2/07

"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
We take pride in our rudeness cumwad

^^^

Mar 2, 2007, 12:46:37 PM3/2/07
On Mar 2, 12:20 pm, "Whew_NotYuppie" <d.stef...@ca.rr.com> wrote:
> "^^^" <chrisa1...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Atheists do NOT have the right to be rude. Soldiers did not die so
that you can be rude.

Phÿltêr

Mar 2, 2007, 2:44:33 PM3/2/07
"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> blew me away with

No, they died for Operation Iraqi Liberation AKA O.I.L.

Velvet Elvis

Mar 2, 2007, 3:15:50 PM3/2/07

Everyone has the right to be rude. It's the benefit of living in a free
society.

--
-------------------------
Nothing fails like prayer

^^^

Mar 2, 2007, 3:19:23 PM3/2/07
On Mar 2, 3:15 pm, Velvet Elvis <VelvetEl...@BennyHinn.com> wrote:

> On 2 Mar 2007 09:46:37 -0800, "^^^" <chrisa1...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> >On Mar 2, 12:20 pm, "Whew_NotYuppie" <d.stef...@ca.rr.com> wrote:
> >> "^^^" <chrisa1...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> >>news:1172854986.2...@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...> On Mar 2, 3:31 am, St. Jackanapes <webmas...@nospam.jackanapes.ws>

> >> We take pride in our rudeness cumwad
>
> >Atheists do NOT have the right to be rude. Soldiers did not die so
> >that you can be rude.
>
> Everyone has the right to be rude.

No, they don't.

It's the benefit of living in a free society.

Oh, no it isn't. In some cases, child protective services and the
police can keep an eye on you if you teach your child to be rude.

Oh, and about that site, www-atheists-for-jesus.com, some atheists
that I correspond with recommended that site. I post for those
atheists, you know.

Whew_NotYuppie

Mar 2, 2007, 4:36:27 PM3/2/07

"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
And what does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

Whew_NotYuppie

Mar 2, 2007, 4:38:24 PM3/2/07

"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

They have broken fingers or sumthin??
I can't stand kids and I didn't vote for this to be a police state.
So fuck your mother and fondle your children you piece of fuck

Velvet Elvis

Mar 2, 2007, 5:23:19 PM3/2/07
On 2 Mar 2007 12:19:23 -0800, "^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Mar 2, 3:15 pm, Velvet Elvis <VelvetEl...@BennyHinn.com> wrote:

>> >Atheists do NOT have the right to be rude. Soldiers did not die so
>> >that you can be rude.
>>
>> Everyone has the right to be rude.
>
>No, they don't.
>
>It's the benefit of living in a free society.
>
>Oh, no it isn't. In some cases, child protective services and the
>police can keep an eye on you if you teach your child to be rude.

"Keep an eye on you"? What a vague and useless statement. Police can "keep
an eye" on anyone.

>Oh, and about that site, www-atheists-for-jesus.com, some atheists
>that I correspond with recommended that site. I post for those
>atheists, you know.

I don't give a flying fuck about atheists for jesus, jews for jesus, or
brain-dead christians for jesus.

--

"And lo, Jesus did say unto the soldiers 'Not the OTHER hand.
Ow shit, that hurts! You assholes!' "

Velvet Elvis

Mar 2, 2007, 5:24:16 PM3/2/07
On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:38:24 -0800, "Whew_NotYuppie" <d.st...@ca.rr.com>
wrote:

Hey, that's RUDE! That's it, I'm calling the cops.

--
------------------------------------
There's a sucker reborn every minute

Whew_NotYuppie

Mar 2, 2007, 8:53:54 PM3/2/07

"Velvet Elvis" <Velve...@BennyHinn.com> wrote in message

Do you need my apt #?
THIS time I'll be ready and take a jacket.

St. Jackanapes

Mar 2, 2007, 11:16:57 PM3/2/07

In alt.flame.jesus.christ,^^^ said...

Blow me.

St. Jackanapes

Mar 2, 2007, 11:18:37 PM3/2/07

In alt.flame.jesus.christ,^^^ said...

> On Mar 2, 12:20 pm, "Whew_NotYuppie" <d.stef...@ca.rr.com> wrote:
> > "^^^" <chrisa1...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > > I wasn't trying to proseletize. I was just sharing information.
> >
> > > It happens in other NG's and those people are not as rude as you are.
> >
> > We take pride in our rudeness cumwad
>
> Atheists do NOT have the right to be rude. Soldiers did not die so
> that you can be rude.

Shut up, you whining cuntling. Soldier's didn't die so that you could be
a fucking crybaby in public.

St. Jackanapes

Mar 2, 2007, 11:19:48 PM3/2/07

In alt.flame.jesus.christ,^^^ said...

And that shows just how fucking a clueless twat you are, colon loaf.

Whew_NotYuppie

Mar 3, 2007, 12:51:41 AM3/3/07

"St. Jackanapes" <webm...@nospam.jackanapes.ws> wrote in message

> In alt.flame.jesus.christ,^^^ said...
>
>> On Mar 2, 3:31 am, St. Jackanapes <webmas...@nospam.jackanapes.ws>
>> wrote:
>> > In alt.flame.jesus.christ,^^^ said...

>> > Go away, retard boy.
>>
>> I wasn't trying to proseletize. I was just sharing information.
>>
>> It happens in other NG's and those people are not as rude as you are.
>
> Blow me.
and then eat me

Mar 3, 2007, 1:23:17 AM3/3/07

"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1172857597....@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com...

His final rights will be taken away soon enough, huh!

--
Don't be a jackanapes - <>< - Squash a Liver!

Mar 3, 2007, 1:25:06 AM3/3/07

"St. Jackanapes" <webm...@nospam.jackanapes.ws> wrote in message news:MPG.2052c16bc...@news.alt.net...

Need any more entries in ur forum? - BoliviaMan

Mar 3, 2007, 1:25:45 AM3/3/07

"St. Jackanapes" <webm...@nospam.jackanapes.ws> wrote in message news:MPG.2052c0c6e...@news.alt.net...

> In alt.flame.jesus.christ,^^^ said...
>
>> On Mar 2, 3:31 am, St. Jackanapes <webmas...@nospam.jackanapes.ws>
>> wrote:
>> > In alt.flame.jesus.christ,^^^ said...

>> > Go away, retard boy.
>>
>> I wasn't trying to proseletize. I was just sharing information.
>>
>> It happens in other NG's and those people are not as rude as you are.
>
> Blow me.

U1st!

Mar 3, 2007, 1:27:47 AM3/3/07

"Whew_NotYuppie" <d.st...@ca.rr.com> wrote in message news:45e90cfb$0$8934$4c36...@roadrunner.com...
How bout dat date?

Mar 3, 2007, 1:29:45 AM3/3/07

"Phÿltêr" <phy...@phylterworld.com> wrote in message news:Xns98E795F846B...@207.115.17.102...

> "^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> blew me away with
>
>> On Mar 2, 12:20 pm, "Whew_NotYuppie" <d.stef...@ca.rr.com> wrote:
>>> "^^^" <chrisa1...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> news:1172854986.2...@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...> On Mar
>>> 2, 3:31 am, St. Jackanapes <webmas...@nospam.jackanapes.ws>

>>> We take pride in our rudeness cumwad
>>
>> Atheists do NOT have the right to be rude. Soldiers did not die so
>> that you can be rude.
>>

> No, they died for Operation Iraqi Liberation AKA O.I.L.
>

> --
> Phÿltêr - (PHAP) - She's so fat that u'd have to roll
'er in white flower and look for the wet spot, huh ....(-:

Father Haskell

Mar 3, 2007, 7:45:45 AM3/3/07
On Mar 2, 11:19 pm, St. Jackanapes <webmas...@nospam.jackanapes.ws>
wrote:

> And that shows just how fucking a clueless twat you are, colon loaf.

Speaking of which, I believe there's a copyright infringement suit
worth
pursuing here:

http://www.neesesausage.com/products/default.htm

Whew_NotYuppie

Mar 3, 2007, 10:44:52 AM3/3/07

"e" <0...@john-14-6.info> wrote in message

RIght now I'm only dating young black studs.

St. Jackanapes

Mar 5, 2007, 5:07:51 AM3/5/07

In alt.flame.jesus.christ, the sobriety of e was questioned when they
said...

He Deborah, John's been hitting on me, too. Only he's using the nym
Alice.

--
St. Jackanapes of Usenet ~ Bearer of The One True Liver ~
An Ordained Minister & Holy Saint of The Universal Life Church

St. Jackanapes

Mar 5, 2007, 5:12:02 AM3/5/07

In alt.flame.jesus.christ, the sobriety of Whew_NotYuppie was questioned
when they said...

I bet that wouldn't bother Loiodice. As long as it was a threesome.

Isn't that right, you bad bad bisexual boy! You're not a nasty racist,
are you Johnny? Jesus wouldn't like that, you know.

St. Jackanapes

Mar 5, 2007, 5:15:13 AM3/5/07

In alt.flame.jesus.christ, the sobriety of e was questioned when they
said...

Look how excited Loiodice gets when sex is mentioned. That's why he
couldn't type out "You first" properly - he was so busy whipping out his
little pee-pee to spank on that he only had one hand free to type with.

Whew_NotYuppie

Mar 5, 2007, 7:42:09 AM3/5/07

> In alt.flame.jesus.christ, the sobriety of e was questioned when they
> said...
>

>> "Whew_NotYuppie" <d.st...@ca.rr.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "St. Jackanapes" <webm...@nospam.jackanapes.ws> wrote in message

>> > and then eat me
>>
>> How bout dat date?
>
> He Deborah, John's been hitting on me, too. Only he's using the nym
> Alice.

LOL... Alice is a lesbian on The L Word... this is getting complicated

Whew_NotYuppie

Mar 5, 2007, 7:42:45 AM3/5/07

> In alt.flame.jesus.christ, the sobriety of e was questioned when they
> said...
>

>> "St. Jackanapes" <webm...@nospam.jackanapes.ws> wrote in message
>> >
>> > In alt.flame.jesus.christ,^^^ said...

>> > Blow me.
>> >
>> U1st!
>
> Look how excited Loiodice gets when sex is mentioned. That's why he
> couldn't type out "You first" properly - he was so busy whipping out his
> little pee-pee to spank on that he only had one hand free to type with.

Oh yuk

^^^

Mar 5, 2007, 2:54:12 PM3/5/07
On Mar 5, 5:12 am, St. Jackanapes <webmas...@nospam.jackanapes.ws>
wrote:

> In alt.flame.jesus.christ, the sobriety of Whew_NotYuppie was questioned
> when they said...
>

> > "e" <0...@john-14-6.info> wrote in message
>
> > > "Whew_NotYuppie" <d.stef...@ca.rr.com> wrote in message

> > > How bout dat date?
>
> > RIght now I'm only dating young black studs.
>
> I bet that wouldn't bother Loiodice. As long as it was a threesome.
>
> Isn't that right, you bad bad bisexual boy! You're not a nasty racist,
> are you Johnny? Jesus wouldn't like that, you know.

And He doesn't like it when you flame me, either.

There is a bible verse that says you have to be polite to me.

Father Haskell

Mar 5, 2007, 3:57:31 PM3/5/07

Not that the bible's worth a flying rat's ass.

Phÿltêr

Mar 5, 2007, 4:33:08 PM3/5/07
"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> blew me away with

Since the babble's a crock of shit, written by liars like you, that
leaves you without a piss-pot or a window to chuck it out of...

--
Phÿltêr

Alt.Atheism #1938

Plonked by Fred Stone 03/17/2006

Denizen of Darkness #44

'72 Telecaster Thinline...

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com

^^^

Mar 5, 2007, 5:24:39 PM3/5/07

But, atheists are supposed to ask for the verse which says such
things. It is something George Carlin would do.

^^^

Mar 5, 2007, 5:26:00 PM3/5/07
On Mar 5, 4:33 pm, "Phÿltêr" <phyl...@phylterworld.com> wrote:
> "^^^" <chrisa1...@hotmail.com> blew me away withnews:1173124451.9...@8g2000cwh.googlegroups.com:

But, isn't it a standard atheist response to ask for the exact bible
verse?

Yes, there are standard atheist responses, you know.

Chas

Mar 5, 2007, 6:56:24 PM3/5/07
his is really a no-brainer topic! If a person believes in the
divinity of Christ, he is not an atheist. If he is an atheist, he
does not believe Christ is or was ever a god. In fact, he is sure
there is no such thing as a god. What a dumb topic, an oxymoron.

charles, http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com

> > And He doesn't like it when you flame me, either.
>
> > > There is a bible verse that says you have to be polite to me.
>
> > Since the babble's a crock of shit, written by liars like you, that
> > leaves you without a piss-pot or a window to chuck it out of...
>
> But, isn't it a standard atheist response to ask for the exact bible
> verse?
>

> Yes, there are standard atheist responses, you know.- Hide quoted text -

Mark Earnest

Mar 5, 2007, 7:11:13 PM3/5/07

"Chas" <charles...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

What if the atheist just worships Jesus, the way a man might worship his
wife?

^^^

Mar 5, 2007, 7:36:24 PM3/5/07

But, the person on the atheists for Jesus website does NOT believe in
a god. I was once an atheist, too. In fact, I even belonged to an
atheist organization and am now married to an atheist.

Father Haskell

Mar 5, 2007, 8:32:30 PM3/5/07
On Mar 2, 12:46 pm, "^^^" <chrisa1...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 12:20 pm, "Whew_NotYuppie" <d.stef...@ca.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > "^^^" <chrisa1...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> >news:1172854986.2...@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...> On Mar 2, 3:31 am, St. Jackanapes <webmas...@nospam.jackanapes.ws>

> > > I wasn't trying to proseletize. I was just sharing information.
>
> > > It happens in other NG's and those people are not as rude as you are.
>
> > We take pride in our rudeness cumwad
>
> Atheists do NOT have the right to be rude.

Show us where that's written. Otherwise, pull out the
stops, damn the torpedos, godspeed, go with throttle up,
hit the afterburners, and Katybar the door.

> Soldiers did not die so
> that you can be rude.

Love it or leave it.

Whew_NotYuppie

Mar 5, 2007, 8:58:00 PM3/5/07

"Father Haskell" <father...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

They died because they were idiotic enough to enlist.
Sad for their families, but these soldiers did not fight for any decent
reason.

Whew_NotYuppie

Mar 5, 2007, 8:59:32 PM3/5/07

"Chas" <charles...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

charles, http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com

Well if it does, I guess one would have to read it and take it seriously,
right?

Whew_NotYuppie

Mar 5, 2007, 9:01:15 PM3/5/07

"Mark Earnest" <gmea...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Ya mean like me worshipping Bob Marley even though he's dead?
I don't think he did any rising though, and it's highly unlikely that he's
coming back.
I just stare at his pictures and think how sad he died so young.

Whew_NotYuppie

Mar 5, 2007, 9:02:21 PM3/5/07

"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Why would an atheist even be thinking about jeebus?
Gotta be something mental going on

Mark Earnest

Mar 5, 2007, 9:10:10 PM3/5/07

"Whew_NotYuppie" <d.st...@ca.rr.com> wrote in message

Yeah, and if you keep on woshiping him long and hard enough, you just
might bring him back to life, you know.

> I don't think he did any rising though, and it's highly unlikely that he's
> coming back.

We all come back. Life lasts forever, or it doesn' t make any sense.

Phÿltêr

Mar 5, 2007, 9:34:53 PM3/5/07
"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> blew me away with

> On Mar 5, 6:56 pm, "Chas" <charlesbrou...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 3.21...@8g2000cwh.googlegroups.com:

MAAAAAAN! You'd lie when the truth would suffice!!!

Phÿltêr

Mar 5, 2007, 9:38:33 PM3/5/07
"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> blew me away with

> On Mar 5, 6:56 pm, "Chas" <charlesbrou...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 3.21...@8g2000cwh.googlegroups.com:

I'm Brian and so is my wife!!

Ph˙ltręss

Mar 5, 2007, 9:44:49 PM3/5/07
"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> blew me away with

> On Mar 5, 6:56 pm, "Chas" <charlesbrou...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 3.21...@8g2000cwh.googlegroups.com:

CHRIS!! Jesus never existed, there ARE no atheists for jesus, your
"female" wife doesn't exist anymore than jesus ever did, AND, NO atheist
would marry you, female OR otherwise.

If there's a bible verse that says it's wrong to be rude to you, it's
because you wrote it to yourself in your own copy in the great tradition
of the great forgery which created the whole fucking bunch of lies in the
FIRST fucking place!

--
Phÿltrêss, Princess of Atheism
Patriotism may be the final refuge of scoundrels, but christianity is the

Smiler

Mar 5, 2007, 9:45:49 PM3/5/07

"Whew_NotYuppie" <d.st...@ca.rr.com> wrote in message

Maybe not, but I heard he got pretty high.

and it's highly unlikely that he's
> coming back.

Highly unlikely.

> I just stare at his pictures and think how sad he died so young.

Smiler,
The godless one

Mar 5, 2007, 9:54:25 PM3/5/07

"Phÿltêr" <phy...@phylterworld.com> wrote in message news:Xns98EADC32A5...@207.115.17.102...
No Phÿltêr UR (PHAP)!

Mar 5, 2007, 9:57:25 PM3/5/07

"Phÿltrêss" <n...@tellin.com> wrote in message news:Xns98EADD43070E1P...@207.115.17.102...

Phÿltrêss, Princess of Atheism <== No princess here, how's (PHAP)

Phÿltêr

Mar 5, 2007, 10:02:30 PM3/5/07

> On Mar 5, 4:33 pm, "Phÿltêr" <phyl...@phylterworld.com> wrote:
>> "^^^" <chrisa1...@hotmail.com> blew me away

>> withnews:1173124451.933663.21
> 60...@8g2000cwh.googlegroups.com:

No, numbnuts, ALL atheists have read the bible and recognised it for what
it was, the bullshit and superstitions of ignorant middle-east goat
fuckers from 2000 years ago, and redacted by european liars who'd stolen
tracts from all previous religions with the agenda of controlling
anencephalic cretins such as you and your drooling, slack jawed ilk.

DO try to keep up!!

> Yes, there are standard atheist responses, you know.

Yes there ARE, "You_are_a_braindead_fuckwit" is ONE that comes to mind...

tirebiter

Mar 5, 2007, 10:19:30 PM3/5/07
> atheist organization and am now married to an atheist.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, but do you know the secret handshake?
---
a.a. #2273

Father Haskell

Mar 6, 2007, 1:21:00 AM3/6/07

Jesus knows everything Loidice thinks about when he masturbates.

Father Haskell

Mar 6, 2007, 1:23:34 AM3/6/07

Jesus says he'd rather spend eternity with Carlin than
with you.

Uncle Vic

Mar 6, 2007, 1:24:44 AM3/6/07
One fine day in alt.atheism, "Mark Earnest" <gmea...@yahoo.com>
bloodied us up with this:

>> > What if the atheist just worships Jesus, the way a man might
>> > worship his wife?
>>
>> Ya mean like me worshipping Bob Marley even though he's dead?
>
> Yeah, and if you keep on woshiping him long and hard enough, you just
> might bring him back to life, you know.

Which we know doesn't work. 30 years and Elvis is still dead. 2000 years
and Jesus is still dead.

>> I don't think he did any rising though, and it's highly unlikely that
>> he's coming back.
>
> We all come back. Life lasts forever, or it doesn' t make any sense.

Then it doesn't make any sense. But then again, who cares? The lights
wink on at birth, they wink off at death. It's what you do while the light
is on that makes it make sense.

Think about it, if you can.

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011

Father Haskell

Mar 6, 2007, 1:25:58 AM3/6/07

One verse is as good as any other, since they're all equally and
blindingly stupid.

Uncle Vic

Mar 6, 2007, 1:27:11 AM3/6/07
One fine day in alt.atheism, "^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> bloodied us up
with this:

> But, the person on the atheists for Jesus website does NOT believe in

> a god. I was once an atheist, too. In fact, I even belonged to an
> atheist organization and am now married to an atheist.

People who make this claim were never atheists. They only thought they
were.

Father Haskell

Mar 6, 2007, 1:34:00 AM3/6/07
On Mar 5, 9:45 pm, "Smiler" <Smi...@Joe.King.com> wrote:
> "Whew_NotYuppie" <d.stef...@ca.rr.com> wrote in message

> > "Mark Earnest" <gmearn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> >> "Chas" <charlesbrou...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Highly Selassie.

Pastor Kutchie, ordained atheist minister

Mar 6, 2007, 3:33:33 AM3/6/07
On Mar 6, 12:11 am, "Mark Earnest" <gmearn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Chas" <charlesbrou...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Fuck Jesus!

bob young

Mar 6, 2007, 4:07:01 AM3/6/07

^^^ wrote:

Yes the standard atheist response, in fact all atheist responses,
are based on common sense and logic; what else is new?

^^^

Mar 6, 2007, 8:57:17 AM3/6/07
On Mar 5, 9:44 pm, "Phÿltrêss" <n...@tellin.com> wrote:
> "^^^" <chrisa1...@hotmail.com> blew me away withnews:1173141384....@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups.com:

> > 3.216...@8g2000cwh.googlegroups.com:

Prove I am not married to an atheist.

^^^

Mar 6, 2007, 8:59:34 AM3/6/07
On Mar 5, 10:02 pm, "Phÿltêr" <phyl...@phylterworld.com> wrote:
> "^^^" <chrisa1...@hotmail.com> blew me away withnews:1173133560.2...@c51g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> > On Mar 5, 4:33 pm, "Phÿltêr" <phyl...@phylterworld.com> wrote:
> >> "^^^" <chrisa1...@hotmail.com> blew me away
> >> withnews:1173124451.933663.21
> > 6...@8g2000cwh.googlegroups.com:

I don't care if you become a christian or not.

I am just trying to change the way you behave. My atheist wife has
good ideas on how atheists should behave.

^^^

Mar 6, 2007, 9:04:05 AM3/6/07
On Mar 6, 1:27 am, Uncle Vic <addr...@withheld.com> wrote:
> One fine day in alt.atheism, "^^^" <chrisa1...@hotmail.com> bloodied us up

> with this:
>
> > But, the person on the atheists for Jesus website does NOT believe in
> > a god. I was once an atheist, too. In fact, I even belonged to an
> > atheist organization and am now married to an atheist.
>
> People who make this claim were never atheists. They only thought they
> were.

Then, it is up to YOU, the doubter, to prove that I was never an
atheist.

Hey! I belonged to an atheist organization, so that does substantiate
my claim of having once been an atheist.

Father Haskell

Mar 6, 2007, 9:44:28 AM3/6/07

Prove you are not married to a goat.

Robibnikoff

Mar 6, 2007, 10:43:00 AM3/6/07

"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

snip

>But, isn't it a standard atheist response to ask for the exact bible
>verse?

Not at all, asshat.

>Yes, there are standard atheist responses, you know.

Yeah, here's one:

"You're a fucking idiot".
--
Robyn
Resident Witchypoo

Robibnikoff

Mar 6, 2007, 10:43:50 AM3/6/07

"Mark Earnest" <gmea...@yahoo.com> wrote in

snip

> What if the atheist just worships Jesus, the way a man might worship his
> wife?

Then he's not an atheist.

Robibnikoff

Mar 6, 2007, 10:44:23 AM3/6/07

"Mark Earnest" <gmea...@yahoo.com>

snip

> Yeah, and if you keep on woshiping him long and hard enough, you just
> might bring him back to life, you know.

Clearly, you are insane.

Robibnikoff

Mar 6, 2007, 10:45:31 AM3/6/07

"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

snip

>But, the person on the atheists for Jesus website does NOT believe in

>a god. I was once an atheist, too. In fact, I even belonged to an
>atheist organization and am now married to an atheist.

Fuck you, Asshat. Why are you such a liar?

Robibnikoff

Mar 6, 2007, 10:46:15 AM3/6/07

"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

snip

>Prove I am not married to an atheist.

Why do you think anyone gives a shit?

Robibnikoff

Mar 6, 2007, 10:46:56 AM3/6/07

"Father Haskell" <father...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Well, he did say he has a kid ;)

Robibnikoff

Mar 6, 2007, 10:47:35 AM3/6/07

"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

snip

> Then, it is up to YOU, the doubter, to prove that I was never an
> atheist.

Shut the fuck up, you retarded liar. No one gives a shit about you.

Robibnikoff

Mar 6, 2007, 10:48:42 AM3/6/07

"^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

snip

>I don't care if you become a christian or not.

>I am just trying to change the way you behave. My atheist wife has
>good ideas on how atheists should behave.

You mean that blind ugly bitch you claimed to have married? Why should
anyone give a shit what she thinks?

Father Haskell

Mar 6, 2007, 10:46:33 AM3/6/07

But no ideas on how christians should behave.

Mar 6, 2007, 10:54:20 AM3/6/07

"Robibnikoff" <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in message news:555ggcF...@mid.individual.net...

> "^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> snip
>>I don't care if you become a christian or not.
>
>>I am just trying to change the way you behave. My atheist wife has
>>good ideas on how atheists should behave.
>
> You mean that blind ugly bitch you claimed to have married? Why should anyone give a shit what she thinks?

The Spirit of Error
Let’s examine the presuppositions of this newsgroup
and the underling control force driving it.

(1 John 4:1-4 NASB)

Testing the Spirits

1 ?a?Beloved, do not believe every ?b?spirit, but test the spirits to
see whether they are from God, because ?c?many false prophets have
gone out into the world.

2 By this you know the Spirit of God: ?a?every spirit that
?b?confesses that ?c?Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;

3 and every spirit that ?a?does not confess Jesus is not from God;
this is the spirit of the ?b?antichrist, of which you have heard that it is
coming, and ?c?now it is already in the world.

4 You are from God, ?a?little children, and ?b?have overcome
them; because ?c?greater is He who is in you than ?d?he who is in the
world.

5 ?a?They are from the world; therefore they speak as from the
world, and the world listens to them.

6 ?a?We are from God; ?b?he who knows God listens to us; ?c?he
who is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know ?d?the
spirit of truth and ?e?the spirit of error.
[1]

==

A Truth to Claim (4-6)

A. You Are From God
1. You Listen to God
2. Listen to Us
B. They Are From Anti-Christ
1. They Listen to the World
2. Can’t Listen to Us
C. Thus You Can Discern
1. Spirit of Truth
2. Spirit of Error

==

1 John 4:1

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of
God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Perfect, mature love requires discernment. Perfect love requires that we
test the spirits in order that we don’t fall prey to those who would seek to
lure us away from the simplicity of the gospel. How do we test the spirits?
Read on.

1 John 4:2, 3

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus
Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not
that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of
antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now
already is it in the world.
If a teaching, suggestion, or thought is of the spirit of God, it will affirm
both the deity and the humanity of Christ.
The question in the early church never concerned the deity of Christ. The
debate was over His humanity. Church councils would convene in the
second century and argue vehemently over this issue because gnostic
thought had penetrated the church. Two thousand years later, however, it
is the deity of Christ that is continually called into question. John says the
Spirit of God attests to both the humanity and deity of Christ. Such is the
test by which we recognize Him.

1 John 4:4

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is
he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
The walls of the submarines that descend two miles into the Mariana
Trench of the Pacific Ocean are constructed of thick steel plates to
withstand the tremendous pressure placed upon them. But the pictures
taken from such heavily protected submarines reveal fish swimming two
miles below the surface of the water with scales no thicker than that of any
other fish. How can this be? The answer is simple: The pressure on the
inside of those fish is equal to the pressure of the water around them.
That’s the beauty of Christianity. Some people erect massive walls to
insulate themselves from the attacks of the Enemy—only to find
themselves filled with the frustration of isolation. The key is not to put up
massive walls to protect you from the Enemy—but to realize the One
inside you is greater than whatever pressure threatens to attack you.
When we understand that He that is in us is greater than any temptation,
problem, trauma, or difficulty that could come against us, we can move
through life freely.
[2]

==

THE NEED TO DISCERN BETWEEN TRUTH AND ERROR (4:1–6)

4:1 Having mentioned the Holy Spirit, John is reminded that there are
other spirits abroad in the world today, and that the children of God need
to be warned against them. Thus he cautions the believer not to trust every
spirit. The word spirit here probably refers primarily to teachers but not
exclusively so. Just because a man speaks about the Bible, God, and
Jesus does not mean that he is a true child of God. We are to test the
spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone
out into the world. These are people who profess to accept Christianity,
but teach another gospel altogether.

4:2 John gives the actual tests by which these men are to be proven. The
great test of a teacher is, “What do you think of Christ?” Every spirit that
confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God. It is not so
much the confession of the historical fact, namely that Jesus was born into
the world in a human body, but rather it is the confession of a living
Person, Jesus Christ come in the flesh. It is the confession that
acknowledges Jesus as the Christ Incarnate. And confessing Him means
bowing to Him as Lord of one’s life. Now if you ever hear a person
presenting the Lord Jesus as the true Christ of God, you will know that he
is speaking by the Spirit of God. The Spirit of God calls on men to
acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord and to commit their lives to Him. The
Holy Spirit always glorifies Jesus.

4:3 And every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in
the flesh is not of God.? 5 This is how you can detect the false teachers.
They do not confess the Jesus who was described in the previous verse.
This is the spirit of the Antichrist, which has been prophesied and which is
now already in the world. There are many today who are willing to say
acceptable things about Jesus, but they will not confess Him as God
Incarnate. They will say that Christ is “divine,” but not that He is God.

4:4 Humble believers are able to overcome these false teachers because
they have the Holy Spirit within them, and this enables them to detect
error and to refuse to listen to it.

[3]

==

(1 Corinthians 2:9-16 NASB)

9 but just as it is written,
“?a?Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard,
And which have not entered the heart of man,
All that God has prepared for those who love Him.”[4]

10 ?1??a?For to us God revealed them ?b?through the Spirit; for the
Spirit searches all things, even the ?c?depths of God.

11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the
?a?spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one
knows except the Spirit of God.

12 Now we ?a?have received, not the spirit of ?b?the world, but the
Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us
by God,

13 which things we also speak, ?a?not in words taught by human
wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, ?1?combining spiritual thoughts
with spiritual words.

14 But ?1?a ?a?natural man ?b?does not accept the things of the Spirit
of God, for they are ?c?foolishness to him; and he cannot understand
them, because they are spiritually ?2?appraised.

15 But he who is ?a?spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is
appraised by no one.

16 For ?a?who has known the mind of the Lord, that he will instruct
Him? But ?b?we have the mind of Christ.[5]

2:9 These words from Is. 64:4, often incorrectly thought to refer to the
wonders of heaven, refer rather to the wisdom God has prepared for
believers. God’s truth is not discoverable by eye or ear (objective,
empirical evidence), nor is it discovered by the mind (subjective, rational
conclusions).

In addition to this being a reference to heaven, I believe Paul is saying
even this side of heaven, we as believers see things others don’t and know
things others can’t because the Spirit reveals to us the big picture
eternally.[6]

2:10–16 The wisdom that saves, which man’s wisdom can’t know, is
revealed to us by God. He makes it known by revelation, inspiration, and
illumination. Revelation (vv. 10, 11) and inspiration (vv. 12, 13) were
given to those who wrote the Bible; illumination (vv. 14–16) is given to all
believers who seek to know and understand that divinely written truth. In
each case, the Holy Spirit is the divine agent doing the work (cf. 2 Pet.
1:21).

2:10 God has revealed them. By the Holy Spirit, God disclosed His
saving truth (cf. Matt. 11:25; 13:10–13). The Spirit alone was qualified
because He knows all that God knows, Himself being God. to us. As with
the “we’s” in vv. 6, 7 and vv. 12, 13, Paul is, first of all, speaking of
himself (as in John 14:26; 15:26, 27; see notes there), and, in a sense, of
believers who have been given the Word as recorded by the apostles and
their associates who wrote the NT.

Who knows what God is doing? Only the Spirit of God—the same Spirit
given to us (John 14:16). The Spirit of God reveals to His people that
which human eyes can’t see, that which human ears don’t hear.[7]

2:12 we have received. The “we” and “us” refer to the apostles and other
writers of the Word of God. The means was inspiration (see notes on 2
Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:20, 21), by which God freely gave the gift of His
Word. It was this process of inspiration that turned the spiritual thoughts
into spiritual words (v. 13) to give life (cf. Matt. 4:4).

We see things others don’t. We hear things others can’t because the Holy
Spirit ministers to our spirits concerning spiritual truth. As a result, we
look at the world around us entirely differently. For example, the spiritual
man says, “No matter what the forecasters are predicting economically,
the Scriptures tell me God shall supply all my need, according to His
riches” (see Philippians 4:19). So, too, when the news anchors tell us the
Middle East is heating up and that conflict is about to erupt once more, I
already know what the political pundits can only guess at—that the armies
of the world will indeed converge upon the Middle East and that there will
be a battle ultimately.[8]

2:14 natural man. This refers to the unconverted, who lack supernatural
life and wisdom. Spiritually discerned. Through illumination of the Word,
the Holy Spirit provides His saints the capacity to discern divine truth (see
Ps. 119:18), which the spiritually dead are unable to comprehend (cf.
John 5:37–39; see notes on 1 John 2:20, 27). The doctrine of illumination
does not mean we know everything (cf. Deut. 29:29), that we do not
need teachers (cf. Eph. 4:11, 12), or that understanding does not require
hard work (cf. 2 Tim. 2:15).

The natural man goes to Food 4 Less and buys all-natural salad dressing
and naturally grown tomatoes. When a lady pushes her way in front of him
in the checkout line, it’s only natural that he gets upset. After ringing up his
groceries, the checker accidentally gives him too much change. He keeps
it, naturally. Then he comes home and does what comes naturally: He
eats, drinks, and is somewhat merry—until the emptiness in his soul drives
him to look for something else. So he comes to a Bible study. He hears
the Word being taught, the Scriptures being discussed, but they are
foolishness to him because, as a natural man, he is spiritually blind.

The idea that man is a free moral agent is somewhat of a misconception.
Paul told Timothy that men are taken captive by the Enemy against their
wills, as they are blinded and bound by Satan (2 Timothy 2:26). That is
why when the natural man hears the Word, it’s foolishness to him.

Much of our witnessing is ineffective because we fail to pray, “Lord,
please remove the blindfold Satan has put on this person’s eyes.
Otherwise, he won’t see the real issues. Please open his ears. Otherwise,
He won’t hear Your voice.”[9]

2:15 judged by no one. Obviously, unbelievers are able to recognize
Christians’ faults and shortcomings; but they are not able to evaluate their
true nature as spiritual people who have been transformed into children of
God (cf. 1 John 3:2).

Although the spiritual man is able to put everything in perspective, the
worldling can’t figure him out. The world can’t understand why you go to
Bible study, why you have devotions, why you spend time in worship.
You’re a puzzle, an enigma, a dilemma to the unbeliever.[10]

2:16 the mind of Christ. Quoted from Is. 40:13. The same word is
translated “understanding” in 14:14, 15, 19. Believers are allowed, by the
Word and the Spirit, to know the thoughts of their Lord. Cf. Luke
24:45.[11]

==

Six Liars

If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we
lie and do not practice the truth. -1 John 1:6

If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His truth is
not in us. -1 John 1:10

He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar,
and the truth is not in him. -1 John 2:4

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist,
that denieth the Father and the Son. -1 John 2:22

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that
loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom
he hath not seen? -1 John 4:20

He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself; he that
believeth not God hath made God a liar; because he believeth not the
record that God gave of his Son. -1 John 5:10

John always includes a “key” to his writings, which will “unlock” their
meaning: Revelation 1:19 is its outline; John 20:31 is the specific purpose
of his Gospel; and, 1 John has 4 (times 7?) keys, all identified by the
phrase, “These things I write...”

“1 John” is more like a written sermon, a further development of the
themes in 2 John. We have left it to the last as the climax of the series.

==

Another Approach

1 John 4:1-6[12]

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but ?a?test the spirits, whether they
are of God; because ?b?many false prophets have gone out into the
world. ?2? By this you know the Spirit of God: ?c?Every spirit that
confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, ?3? and every
spirit that does not confess ?1?that Jesus ?2?Christ has come in the flesh
is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have
heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
?4? You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He
who is in you is greater than ?d?he who is in the world. ?5? ?e?They are
of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and ?f?the world
hears them. ?6? We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is
not of God does not hear us. ?g?By this we know the spirit of truth and
the spirit of error.

Verse Interpretation

4:1 Beloved, This term is used to exclusively represent the people of God.
do not believe every spirit. Looking back one verse to (1 John 3:24), the
mention of the Holy Spirit prompts John to inform his readers that those
other spirits exist, in the form of demonic spirits, who produce false
prophets and false teachers to propagate their false doctrine.

His readers would understand his point; Jewish people were familiar with
the idea of other spirits besides the Spirit of God. There were many
pagans in Asia Minor, as well as Jewish mystics claiming special
revelations; the need for discernment would be acute.[13]

? but ?a?test the spirits, Apply 1 Cor 14:29 ( 29? Let two or three
prophets speak, and ?t?let the others judge.[14] ). Also we are to be like
the Bereans and apply Acts 17:11 (?11? These were more ?4?fair-
minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all
readiness, and ?l?searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these
things were so.[15] ). Whatever anyone says who claims to be speaking
for the Lord must be tested by the Word of God.[16]

The word “test” is a term used for assaying metals to determine their
purity and value. Christians must test any teaching with a view to
approving or disapproving it rigorously comparing any teaching to the
Scripture. the spirits … many false prophets.

By juxtaposing “spirits” with “false prophets” John reminds his
readers that behind human teachers who propagate false
doctrine and error are demons inspired by Satan. Human false
prophets and teachers are the physical expressions of demonic,
spiritual sources.

(Matt. 7:15; Mark 13:22)
[17]

It soon becomes clear that false teachers are causing trouble in the
community to which the author is writing (1 John 2:27; 4:1). These the
author labels as “antichrists” (1 John 2:18) and “false prophets”. The
strength of these labels for the author’s opponents indicates both the
depth of his feeling about them and also the seriousness of their departure
from the apostolic teaching about Jesus.

4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God. John gives a measuring stick to
determine whether the teacher or Pastor of the message is a demon spirit
or the Holy Spirit.

The tests are:

· Jesus Christ has come in the flesh. This is the first test of a true
teacher: they acknowledge and proclaim that Jesus is God incarnate in
human flesh.

o Is the Virgin Birth important? It is essential!

· Failure to confess Jesus reveals that one is not of God. By their
refusal to confess the truth about Jesus, these false prophets now
reveal their true colors.

· John is fervent about the crucial importance of sound doctrine
expressed in God’s Word as the only absolute and trustworthy
standard, as Gnostic thought had penetrated the church.

4:3 the spirit of the Antichrist. These false teachers who denied the true
nature of the Son are to be identified among the antichrists in 1 John
2:28,29.

· Both the full humanity and full deity of Jesus must be equally
maintained by the teacher or Pastor who is to be considered genuinely of
the Spirit. The Holy Spirit testifies to the true nature of the Son,
while Satan and his forces distort and deny that true nature.

o Third reference to the spirit of “antichrist” (1 John 2:18, 22).

The same demonic deception that will work to produce the
final world who rules as the false Christ is always actively
seeking to distort Jesus Christ’s true nature, perverting the
gospel. The final Antichrist will not be something new,
but will be the ultimate embodiment of all the antichrist spirits
that have perverted truth and propagated satanic lies since the
beginning.
[18]

· Both the full humanity and full deity of Jesus must be equally
maintained by the teacher who is to be considered genuinely of the
Spirit. The Holy Spirit testifies to the true nature of the
Son, while Satan and his forces distort and deny that true nature.

o Third reference to the spirit of “antichrist” (1 John 2:18, 22).

4:4 He who is in you is greater. Believers need to be aware and alert to
false teaching, but not afraid, since those who have experienced the new
birth with its indwelling of the Holy Spirit have a built-in check against
false teaching. The Holy Spirit leads into sound doctrine for genuine
Christians evidencing that salvation has actually occurred. (Rom. 8:16-17
states ?16? ?w?The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we
are children of God, ?17? and if children, then ?x?heirs—heirs of God
and joint heirs with Christ, ?y?if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may
also be glorified together.[19]).

True believers have nothing to fear, for even Satan’s hosts with
their perversions can’t take them out of the Lord’s hand.
Protection against error or victory over it are guaranteed by
sound doctrine and the indwelling Holy Spirit who
illumines the mind.
[20]

Satan has two strategies:

· Deny his existence; or
· Overemphasize his capabilities.

4:5 they speak as of the world … He who knows God hears us. John
gives another test of a true teacher:

· They speak God’s word, and follow sound doctrine.

There are two Spirits, and every act is determined by either the spirit of
truth or the spirit of error.

4:6 By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error. The OT and
NT are the sole standards by which all teaching is to be tested. In
contrast, demonically inspired teachers either reject the teaching of God’s
Word or add elements to it (as the apostle Paul writes in: 2 Cor. 4:2; and
John in Rev. 22:18,19).

This is similar parallelism to what Jesus had to say: (?25? Jesus answered
them, “?I told you, and you do not believe. ?u?The works that I do in My
Father’s name, they ?v?bear witness of Me. ?26? But ?w?you do not
believe, because you are not of My sheep, ?5?as I said to you. ?27?
?x?My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.)[21]

Those who are like-minded and affirm the world’s message are from the
world, and, likewise, those who affirm the message that Christ came in the
flesh are of God. Whoever “knows God listens to us,” and he is attracted
to John’s message because of his abiding commitment and relationship to
the true God.

==

ERROR

The Hebrew words translated "error" suggest inadvertent sins and
wandering. The NT concept is expressed in the Greek word
plane, derived from a root that also means "to wander." The
biblical image is of a person who has lost his way and is deluded
or deceived about reality.
James puts Scripture's view of truth and error in perspective in the
last verses of his letter: "My brothers, if one of you should wander
from the truth and someone should bring him back, remember this:
Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him
from death and cover over a multitude of sins" (Jas 5:19-20).[22]

==
Satan has sought to distort and deny God’s Word, and is behind all false
teachers and false doctrine. John gives two doctrinal tests to determine
truth from error and false teachers from true teachers.

Satan has become an obvious reality and is now worshiped openly. Much
of this is taking place on or near our college campuses. What a few years
ago was considered to be way out in left field today exists out in the open.
A report came from Florida that a young boy of only seventeen years of
age was murdered, and they found that it was done to appease Satan.

Don’t be taken in by everyone who comes along and says that he is a
Christian, because many of them are not. Pray for God’s wisdom and
discernment.

==

a 3 John 11
b Jer 29:8; 1 Cor 12:10; 1 Thess 5:20f; 2 Thess 2:2
c Jer 14:14; 2 Pet 2:1; 1 John 2:18
a 1 Cor 12:3
b 1 John 2:23
c John 1:14; 1 John 1:2
a 1 John 2:22; 2 John 7
b 1 John 2:18, 22
c 2 Thess 2:3–7; 1 John 2:18
a 1 John 2:1
b 1 John 2:13
c Rom 8:31; 1 John 3:20
d John 12:31
a John 15:19; 17:14, 16
a John 8:23; 1 John 4:4
b John 8:47; 10:3ff; 18:37
c 1 Cor 14:37
d John 14:17
e 1 Tim 4:1

[1]New American Standard Bible : 1995 update. 1995 (1 Jn 4:1).
LaHabra, CA: The Lockman Foundation.

[2]Courson, J. (2003). Jon Courson's Application Commentary (1628).
Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson.

? 5 (4:3) The NU text omits the second “that” and “Christ has come in the
flesh.”

[3]MacDonald, W., & Farstad, A. (1997, c1995). Believer's Bible
Commentary : Old and New Testaments (1 Jn 4:1). Nashville: Thomas
Nelson.

?a? Is 64:4; 65:17

[4]New American Standard Bible : 1995 update. 1995 (1 Co 2:9).
LaHabra, CA: The Lockman Foundation.

?1? One early ms reads But
?a? Matt 11:25; 13:11; 16:17; Gal 1:12; Eph 3:3, 5
?b? John 14:26
?c? Rom 11:33ff
?a? Prov 20:27
?a? Rom 8:15
?b? 1 Cor 1:27
?a? 1 Cor 1:17; 2:1, 4
?1? Or interpreting spiritual things forspiritual men
?1? Or an unspiritual
?a? 1 Cor 15:44, 46; James 3:15; Jude 19 mg
?b? John 14:17
?c? 1 Cor 1:18
?2? Or examined
?a? 1 Cor 3:1; 14:37; Gal 6:1
?a? Is 40:13; Rom 11:34
?b? John 15:15

[5]New American Standard Bible : 1995 update. 1995 (1 Co 2:10).
LaHabra, CA: The Lockman Foundation.

[6]Courson, J. (2003). Jon Courson's Application Commentary (Page
1017). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson.

[7]Courson, J. (2003). Jon Courson's Application Commentary (Page
1017). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson.

[8]Courson, J. (2003). Jon Courson's Application Commentary (Page
1017). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson.

[9]Courson, J. (2003). Jon Courson's Application Commentary (Page
1017). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson.

[10]Courson, J. (2003). Jon Courson's Application Commentary (Page
1018). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson.

[11]MacArthur, J. J. (1997, c1997). The MacArthur Study Bible
(electronic ed.) (1 Co 2:12). Nashville: Word Pub.

[12]The New King James Version. 1996, c1982 (1 Jn 4:1). Nashville:
Thomas Nelson.

a ?1 Cor. 14:29?
b ?Matt. 24:5?
c [?Rom. 10:8–10?]; ?1 Cor. 12:3?; ?1 John 5:1?
1 NU omits that
2 NU omits Christ has come in the flesh
d ?John 14:30?; ?16:11?
e ?John 3:31?
f ?John 15:19?; ?17:14?
g [?1 Cor. 2:12–16?]

[13]Keener, C. S., & InterVarsity Press. (1993). The IVP Bible
background commentary : New Testament (1 Jn 4:1). Downers Grove,
Ill.: InterVarsity Press.

a ?1 Cor. 14:29?
t ?1 Cor. 12:10?

[14]The New King James Version. 1996, c1982 (1 Co 14:29). Nashville:
Thomas Nelson.

4 Lit. noble

l ?Is. 34:16?; ?Luke 16:29?; ?John 5:39?

[15]The New King James Version. 1996, c1982 (Ac 17:11). Nashville:
Thomas Nelson.

[16]Wiersbe, W. W. (1996, c1995). Be decisive. An Old testament
study. (Je 23:9). Wheaton, Ill.: Victor Books.

[17]MacArthur, J. J. (1997, c1997). The MacArthur Study Bible
(electronic ed.) (1 Jn 4:1). Nashville: Word Pub.

[18]MacArthur, J. J. (1997, c1997). The MacArthur Study Bible
(electronic ed.) (1 Jn 4:3). Nashville: Word Pub.

w ?Eph. 1:13?
x ?Acts 26:18?
y ?Phil. 1:29?

[19]The New King James Version. 1996, c1982 (Ro 8:16). Nashville:
Thomas Nelson.

[20]MacArthur, J. J. (1997, c1997). The MacArthur Study Bible
(electronic ed.) (1 Jn 4:4). Nashville: Word Pub.

u ?John 5:36?; ?10:38?
v ?Matt. 11:4?; ?John 2:11?; ?20:30?
w [?John 8:47?]
5 NU omits as I said to you
x ?John 10:4?, ?14?

[21]The New King James Version. 1996, c1982 (Jn 10:25). Nashville:
Thomas Nelson.

[22] Richards, Lawrence O. New International Encyclopedia of Bible
Words, (Zondervan Publishing House Grand Rapids, Michigan),
Copyright © 1985, 1991.

Mar 6, 2007, 10:54:57 AM3/6/07

"Robibnikoff" <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in message news:555ge9F...@mid.individual.net...

> "^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> snip
>>
>> Then, it is up to YOU, the doubter, to prove that I was never an
>> atheist.
>
> Shut the fuck up, you retarded liar. No one gives a shit about you.

The Fool's Creed

Psalm 14: The Fool’s Creed

14:1 The creed of the fool is “There is no God.” He does not want there to
be a God, therefore he denies the existence of God. It is an irrational
position to take. First of all, it is a claim to omniscience; it says, “I know
everything. It is not possible that a God could exist beyond the boundaries of
my knowledge.” Second, this attitude claims omnipresence; it says, “I am
present in all places at one and the same time, and it is not possible that God
could exist any place in the universe without my knowing it.” Again, this
position ignores the wonders of God in creation—the immensity of the
universe, the amazingly precise movement of the planets, the marvelous
suitability of the earth to sustain life, the intricate design of the human body,
the fantastic complexity of the human brain and the extraordinary properties
of water and soil.

Take for instance the suitability of the earth to sustain life. Henry Bosch has
pointed out the following instances of God’s careful and marvelous design:

The earth rotates on its axis at approximately 1000 miles per hour. If that
had been 100 miles per hour, our days and nights would be ten times longer,
and our planet would alternately burn and freeze. Under such circumstances
vegetation could not live!

If the earth were as small as the moon, the power of gravity would be too
weak to retain sufficient atmosphere for man’s needs; but if it were as large
as Jupiter, Saturn, or Uranus, extreme gravitation would make human
movement almost impossible. If we were as near to the sun as Venus, the
heat would be unbearable; if we were as far away as Mars, we would
experience snow and ice every night, even in the warmest regions. If the
oceans were half their present dimensions, we would receive only one-fourth
the rainfall we do now. If they were one-eighth larger, our annual
precipitation would increase fourfold, and this earth would become a vast,
uninhabitable swamp.

Water solidifies at 32 degrees above zero [°F]. It would be disastrous if the
oceans froze at that temperature, however, for then the amount of thawing in
the polar regions would not balance out, and ice would accumulate
throughout the centuries! To prevent such a catastrophe, the Lord put salt in
the sea to alter its freezing point.? 14

The possibility that all this happened by chance is too small to warrant
consideration. That is why the Bible says that atheists are fools. They are
moral fools. It is not a question of their intelligence quotient but of their
morality quotient.

God’s verdict on these fools is that they are corrupt in themselves and that
they act abominably. There is a close connection between a man’s creed and
his conduct. The lower his conception of God, the lower his morals are apt
to be. Either as cause or consequence, atheism and agnosticism are linked
with a corrupt life. Barnes writes:

The belief that there is no God is commonly founded on the desire to lead a
wicked life, or is embraced by those who in fact live such a life, with a desire
to sustain themselves in their depravity and to avoid the fear of future
retribution.? 15

14:2, 3 When the Lord looks down from heaven to see if any of Adam’s
descendants act wisely by seeking after God, His findings are dismal. By
nature and by practice, man is a sinner. If left to himself, he would never
seek after God. It is only through the ministry of the Holy Spirit that men
become aware of their need for God and His salvation.

Paul quotes from the first three verses of this Psalm in Romans 3:10–12 to
show that sin has affected all mankind and every part of everyone’s being.
Here in the Psalm, David is not thinking of the whole human race, although
the description would certainly be true; rather, he is thinking of outright God-
deniers in contrast to the righteous. It is these infidels who have apostatized
from the true and living God. They are morally corrupt. God Himself cannot
find one of them who does good, no, not one.

14:4 Their ignorance is apparent in the way they treat God’s people. If they
realized how God defends the poor and punishes sin, they would never
devour believers as if it were a legitimate, everyday thing, like eating bread!
If they knew the goodness and severity of God, they would not go through
life without praying.

14:5, 6 When the Lord takes the part of the innocent, the unrighteous will be
greatly terrified. They had always mocked the poor for their simple faith, but
now they will see that the God they denied is the refuge of His own.

14:7 It will be a great day when the Messiah comes out of Zion to deliver
His people. Israel’s joy will be unbounded when Christ’s Jewish saints are
fully and finally rescued from captivity among the nations that deny the only
true God.

[1]

==

I have a very intelligent friend who has been very successful in dealing with
atheists. He was in a group of men one day when an atheist said, “I don’t
believe there is a God. Man doesn’t have a soul, and when he dies, he dies
like a dog.” This man went on raving like a madman. My friend waited until
the group began to break up and then approached this man. He said, “I
understand you said that you are an atheist.” Upon hearing these words the
man launched into another tirade about his belief that there is no God. My
friend said, “I would like to ask you a question. The Bible says, ‘The fool
hath said in his heart, There is no God.’ The word fool means insane or mad.
Either you were not sincere when you talked about God as you did and you
were just talking for the benefit of the crowd, or you are a fool and a
madman. I would like to know which one it is.” The man turned and walked
away. Knowing what we do about the universe today, only a madman would
say that there is no God. Man has found that the universe works more
accurately than any clock or watch he has been able to make. And there is
no watch running around that “just happened”—some watchmaker made it.
The universe that is timed more accurately than a watch tells us that there is a
universe–maker. The fool has said in his heart that there is no God, and now
the fool begins to appear on the scene. We have already had a glimpse of
him in Psalm 10:4, where we read, “God is not in all his thoughts.” A better
translation of this is, “All of his thoughts are, ‘There is no God!’” He exhibits
the very depth of human depravity.

There are many people with Ph.D.’s teaching in our universities today. Many
of them are atheists. I want to say this carefully—the lowest that a man can
sink in human depravity is to be an atheist. That is what the Word of God
says. If you do not believe there is a God, you are a madman; you are crazy.
You do not have any real sense. Having a high I.Q. is not enough. I used to
teach with a man who had a Ph.D., and he didn’t have sense enough to get
out of the rain. I played golf with him one day when it began to rain. He
looked at me and asked, “What shall we do?” He was really asking for
information. What would any sensible person do when it starts pouring down
rain? I said to him, “I think we had better get in out of the rain!” Even I knew
that, but he didn’t seem to know. So, you see, a scholastic degree doesn’t
prove a man’s intelligence! “They are corrupt, they have done abominable
works, there is none that doeth good.” I believe you will find that most
atheists are also great sinners. Gross immorality is generally one of their
characteristics. A man who mixes with the college set told me, “It is amazing
the number of Ph.D.’s who claim to be atheists and who are living in gross
immorality. And some of them actually live in filth—and I mean material,
physical filth.”

The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there
were any that did understand, and seek God [Ps. 14:2].

And what did He find?

They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that
doeth good, no, not one [Ps. 14:3].

Paul quotes this verse in Romans 3:12, “They are all gone out of the way,
they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not
one.” Paul is not only speaking about atheists; he is speaking about
everyone. This is a picture of you and me, friend. I am not an atheist, and I
don’t imagine you are, but we are sinners. We do not do good. The
condition of man is corrupt, and the first three verses tell us the depths to
which man can go.

[2]

==

Ethics

For Nietzsche, the shocking realization of God’s “death” brought the
conclusion that all God-based values and absolutes also had died. Hence,
Nietzsche rejected traditional Judeo-Christian values in an almost violent
manner. Even such general principles as “injure no man” were questioned by
Nietzsche.12 And he ridiculed the Christian principle of love with these
words: “Why, you idiots.… ‘How about praising the one who sacrifices
himself?’ ”13 Indeed, Christianity “is the greatest of all conceivable
corruptions.… I call it the one immoral blemish of mankind.”14

Just what did Nietzsche offer in place of traditional Christian values? He
proposed that modern man go “beyond good and evil.”15 He suggested a
transvaluation of all values which would reject the soft, feminine virtues of
love and humility for the hard, manlike virtues of harshness and suspicion.

[3]

==

? 14 (14:1) Henry Bosch, Our Daily Bread.

? 15 (14:1) Barnes, Psalms, I:114.

[1]MacDonald, W., & Farstad, A. (1997, c1995). Believer's Bible
Commentary : Old and New Testaments (Ps 14:1). Nashville: Thomas
Nelson.

[2]McGee, J. V. (1991). Vol. 17: Thru the Bible commentary: Poetry
(Psalms 1-41). Based on the Thru the Bible radio program. (electronic ed.).
Thru the Bible commentary (83). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

12 Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, section 187, p. 93.

13 Ibid., section 220, pp. 92-94.

14 Friedrich Nietzsche, Anti-Christ, trans. H. L. Mencken (New York:
Knopf 1920), p. 230.

15 This whole idea is embodied in the book Nietzsche wrote by the same
title.

[3]Geisler, N. L., Geisler, N. L., & Watkins, W. D. (1989). Worlds apart :
A handbook on world views. Rev. ed. of: Perspectives, c1984.; Includes
indexes. (2nd ed.) (48). Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Book House.

Mar 6, 2007, 10:55:24 AM3/6/07

"Robibnikoff" <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in message news:555gd1F...@mid.individual.net...

The Downward Spiral

Could such an ordered, systematic creation be the result of mere
chance? No more than shaking a paper bag filled with watch parts
might produce an accurate timepiece. But evolutionary atheism is
nothing more than “futile speculation,” explanations devised by
people who want to suppress the truth about God from their own
consciences. Thus, their foolish hearts are darkened (v. 21).

The human race is devolving, not evolving. Instead of ascending into
freedom and enlightenment, mankind, having rejected the true God, is
receding into the bondage and gloom of its own sin and unbelief.
When men and women refuse God, they become enslaved to sin,
enveloped in darkness, entrapped by futility. Forsaking God, they
forsake truth, light, and eternal life. They spurn the basis of all
morality and start on the downward spiral Paul describes in these
verses.

Spiritual darkness inevitably accompanies moral corruption. People
who reject God necessarily forfeit righteousness. Godlessness
inescapably leads to moral perversion—and vice versa. Unbelief and
immorality are thus inextricably woven together.

The death of common sense. “Professing to be wise, they became
fools” (Rom. 1:22). Those who refuse to honor God lack spiritual
understanding. Even their rational faculties are corrupted by their
unbelief. Their thinking is especially twisted with regard to spiritual
matters, because their sin is spiritual rebellion. They have no means of
discerning between truth and falsehood, right and wrong. Having
rejected God, they have no hope of reasoning their way to spiritual
truth. They are fools in the most profound sense of the word: “The
fool has said in his heart, ‘There is no God.’ They are corrupt, they
have committed abominable deeds; there is no one who does good”

(Ps. 14:1; cf. 53:1).
The foolishness that verse describes is a comprehensive spiritual
blindness. It is the worst foolishness of all. It corrupts the conscience
and leaves the unbeliever incapable of right thinking about any
spiritual matters.

Our society is shot through with spiritual foolishness. It seems moral
judgment has been completely overturned. Public schools cannot
teach the Bible or even morality but are encouraged to instruct
children in sexual technique, then supply them with free condoms.
School nurses are not supposed to dispense aspirin without parental
consent, but they may send young girls to abortion clinics without
informing anyone in authority. Baby whales and baby seals have
more legal rights than unborn infants. Courts are more concerned to
protect criminals’ rights than victims’ rights.

Common sense rarely figures into public policy or society’s sense of
morality. Professing wisdom, our culture has enshrined its foolishness
proudly for all to see.

MacArthur, J., F., Jr. (1994). The vanishing conscience (Electronic
ed.). Logos Library Systems (62). Dallas: Word Pub.

Mar 6, 2007, 10:56:15 AM3/6/07

"Robibnikoff" <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in message news:555gbpF...@mid.individual.net...

> "^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> snip
>
>>Prove I am not married to an atheist.
>
> Why do you think anyone gives a shit?

Contrast the Upright and the Wicked

(Proverbs 18:13 NSAB)

13 He who ?a?gives an answer before he hears, It is folly and
shame to him. [1]

How often people try to pass judgment on someone else when they don’t
really know the person or the problem or the situation under which that
person lives. How important it is to have all the facts before we express
an opinion! [2]

A man should get all the facts before giving his opinion. Otherwise he
will be embarrassed when the full details are made known. There are two
sides to every question: every divorce, every quarrel, etc. Don’t agree
with a person if you have not heard the other person’s side.[3]

Poor listening and premature answering indicate that the person has a low
regard for what the other is saying, or that he is too absorbed in his own
ideas. The Mishnah lists this as the second characteristic of the
uncultured person. [4]

Listen to both sides. It is unwise to form an opinion before hearing both
sides of an issue. [5]

Listening to the other person’s “heart” as well as his words is an
important aspect of interpersonal relationships. [6]

“Before hearing, do not answer, and do not interrupt anyone while they are
talking.”[7]

KEEPING THE LINES OF COMMUNICATION OPEN

The story is told of a couple who lived in upstate New York, who decided
to move to Florida to get away from the cold weather. The husband left a
bit early and drove down with their stuff while the wife was finishing up
things in New York. When he arrived he sent her an email to let her know
he was there, but he typed her e-mail address in wrong and instead his
e-mail went to a little old lady in Iowa, who had just buried her minister
husband the day before. When the little old lady turned on her computer
and read the e-mail, she screamed and fainted on the floor. The note said
simply: Dearest darling. Just wanted you to know I arrived safely. Looking
forward to you being with me tomorrow. Signed, Your husband. PS: It sure
is hot down here.(SermonCentral, Steve Malone) Let’s face it. There are
many opportunities for miscommunication in marriage, and yet good
communication is vitally important for strong and healthy relationships
and especially in marriage. This morning I would like to share some
instructions from the book of Proverbs on communication within marriage.
First I would like you to note that good communication requires listening.

KEYS TO GOOD COMMUNICATION

1. Listen to what’s being said - Proverbs 18:13 Sometimes we’re like the
couple who were with some friends when the subject of marriage counseling
came up. Mary said, “Oh, Tom and I will never need marriage counseling. We
have a great relationship. He was a communications major in college and I
majored in drama. He communicates real well and I just act like I’m
listening.” (Rich Young, Sermon Central). My friend, the Bible says that
if we do not listen to one another, if we answer without listening, we are
fools. Do you remember how easy it was to talk when you were dating? My
goodness, you would talk about anything and everything. You talked about
your past, your future, your hopes and your dreams. You talked about your
plans together. Now, we are often so busy that we don’t take time to talk.
We settle for leaving a short note on the table on the way out the door.
When we are together, often we just pretend to listen to one another while
our minds are a 100 miles away. President Franklin D. Roosevelt got tired
of smiling that big smile and saying the usual things at all those White
House functions. So, one evening he decided to find out whether anybody
was paying attention to what he was saying. As each person came up to him
with extended hand, he flashed that big smile and said; “I murdered my
grandmother this morning.” People would automatically respond with
comments such as “How Lovely!” or “Just continue with your great work!”
Nobody listened to what he was saying, except one foreign diplomat. When
the president said, “I murdered my grandmother this morning,” the diplomat
responded softly, “I am sure she had it coming to her.” (-James S. Hewett,
Illustrations Unlimited, Wheaton: Tyndale, 1988). p. 318. My friends,
listen to one another. Turn off the TV. Put down the newspaper, talk and
listen. Second, be honest in all you say.

TRUTH That which is real and verifiable by experience.

In Scripture, truth is a very important concept because God is the God of
all truth (Pss 31:5; 108:4; 146:6), who speaks and judges truly (57:3;
96:13). He is the real source and cause of the whole universe. Scripture
also focuses on the revealed truth in the gospel of God’s redeeming grace
through Christ. This is the truth Christ and the apostles proclaimed (Jn
8:44–46; 18:37; Rom 9:1; 2 Cor 4:2), which was foreshadowed in the OT (1
Pt 1:10–12), and witnessed to by the Holy Spirit (Jn 16:13). The OT
teaching was never false, but it was shadowy and incomplete in comparison
with the revealed truth of the NT. So Christ brought spiritual reality (Jn
1:17), and the Holy Spirit leads believers into the experience of all that
is real in Christ (16:13).

Christ is the truth because, being God, his words carry divine authority.
They are truth and life (Jn 6:63). In addition, the life of Christ
epitomized truthfulness and utter reliability. When people live in
obedience to the truth, they themselves are true and reliable. Scripture
calls upon people to “do the truth” (Jn 3:21, kjv). Those who have
experienced God’s reality in Christ know, by experience, that Christ is
the way, the truth, and the life (Jn 14:6). [8]

Final Note.

Story Of Three Monkeys

Have you read the humorous story of the three monkeys discussing the
theory of evolution? Sitting in a tree, one says to the others, “Listen,
you two. There’s rumor going around that can’t be true—that man descended
from our noble race. Why, the very idea is a dire disgrace!” Then, listing
things monkeys don’t do, he continued, “You’ll never see a monkey build a
fence around a coconut tree and then let all the coconuts go to waste,
forbidding all others a taste. Here’s another thing a monkey won’t do: go
out at night and get on a stew, or use a gun or a knife to take another
monkey’s life. Yes, man descended—that ornery cuss. But brothers, he
didn’t descend from us!” [9]

==//==

a Prov 20:25; John 7:51

[1]New American Standard Bible : 1995 update. 1995 (Pr 18:13). LaHabra,
CA: The Lockman Foundation.

[2]McGee, J. V. (1997, c1981). Thru the Bible commentary. Based on the
Thru the Bible radio program. (electronic ed.) (3:63). Nashville: Thomas
Nelson.

[3]MacDonald, W., & Farstad, A. (1997, c1995). Believer's Bible Commentary
: Old and New Testaments (Pr 18:13). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

[4]Biblical Studies Press. (2003; 2003). The NET Bible Notes (Pr 18:13).
Biblical Studies Press.

[5]Willmington, H. L. (1997). Willmington's Bible handbook (338). Wheaton,
Ill.: Tyndale House Publishers.

[6]Thomas Nelson, I. (1997, c1995). Woman's study Bible . (Pr 18:13).
Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

[7]Murphy, R. E. (2002). Vol. 22: Word Biblical Commentary : Proverbs.
Word Biblical Commentary (136). Dallas: Word, Incorporated.

kjv King James Version

[8]Elwell, W. A., & Comfort, P. W. (2001). Tyndale Bible dictionary.
Tyndale reference library (1276). Wheaton, Ill.: Tyndale House Publishers.

[9]Tan, P. L. (1996, c1979). Encyclopedia of 7700 illustrations : A
treasury of illustrations, anecdotes, facts and quotations for pastors,
teachers and Christian workers. Garland TX: Bible Communications.

Free Lunch

Mar 6, 2007, 11:00:37 AM3/6/07
On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:54:57 -0500, in alt.atheism
"e" <0...@john-14-6.info> wrote in <t9gHh.11480$Xk....@newsfe17.phx>:

>"Robibnikoff" <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in message news:555ge9F...@mid.individual.net...
>>
>> "^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> snip
>>>
>>> Then, it is up to YOU, the doubter, to prove that I was never an
>>> atheist.
>>
>> Shut the fuck up, you retarded liar. No one gives a shit about you.

>? 14 (14:1) Henry Bosch, Our Daily Bread.
>
>? 15 (14:1) Barnes, Psalms, I:114.
>
>[1]MacDonald, W., & Farstad, A. (1997, c1995). Believer's Bible
>Commentary : Old and New Testaments (Ps 14:1). Nashville: Thomas
>Nelson.
>
>[2]McGee, J. V. (1991). Vol. 17: Thru the Bible commentary: Poetry
>(Psalms 1-41). Based on the Thru the Bible radio program. (electronic ed.).
>Thru the Bible commentary (83). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.
>
>12 Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, section 187, p. 93.
>
>13 Ibid., section 220, pp. 92-94.
>
>14 Friedrich Nietzsche, Anti-Christ, trans. H. L. Mencken (New York:
>Knopf 1920), p. 230.
>
>15 This whole idea is embodied in the book Nietzsche wrote by the same
>title.
>
>[3]Geisler, N. L., Geisler, N. L., & Watkins, W. D. (1989). Worlds apart :
>A handbook on world views. Rev. ed. of: Perspectives, c1984.; Includes
>indexes. (2nd ed.) (48). Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Book House.

What a nice job you do in showing that just because you claim to be a
theist, that does not make you a good person.

The fool hides that he does not believe in a god and takes advantage of
those who do. The wise man states that he has no reason to believe in
gods, but doesn't take advantage of those who do.

Mar 6, 2007, 11:02:04 AM3/6/07

"Robibnikoff" <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in message news:555gadF...@mid.individual.net...

> [...]

reserved.

[8]Barton, B. B. (1995). 1 Peter, 2 Peter, Jude. Life application Bible
commentary (47). Wheaton, Ill.: Tyndale House Pub.

[9]Mills, M. (1997, c1987). I Peter : A study guide to the First Epistle
by Peter (1 Pe 1:22). Dallas: 3E Ministries.

LXX LXX. The common abbreviation for the Septuagint.

[10]Keener, C. S., & InterVarsity Press. (1993). The IVP Bible background
commentary : New Testament (1 Pe 1:24). Downers Grove, Ill.: InterVarsity
Press.

a Is 40:9; 61:1; Nah 1:15; Rom 10:15; Eph 6:15
1 Or well-being
2 Lit good
b Ps 93:1; Is 24:23
3 Or is King
a Is 62:6
1 Lit eye to eye

[11]New American Standard Bible : 1995 update. 1995 (Is 52:7-8). LaHabra,

Mar 6, 2007, 11:03:08 AM3/6/07

"Free Lunch" <lu...@nofreelunch.us> wrote in message news:lq3ru21rh52casd77...@4ax.com...

The Spirit of Error

Testing the Spirits

==

==

1 John 4:1

1 John 4:4

[...]

Jim07D7

Mar 6, 2007, 11:14:58 AM3/6/07
"e" <0...@john-14-6.info> said:

>THE NEED TO DISCERN BETWEEN TRUTH AND ERROR

...is nowhere near the need for the eggs.

Robibnikoff

Mar 6, 2007, 11:24:13 AM3/6/07

> "Robibnikoff" <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> snip
>>
>>>Prove I am not married to an atheist.
>>
>> Why do you think anyone gives a shit?
>
> Contrast the Upright and the Wicked

What's your fucking problem?

<bullshit deleted>

Robibnikoff

Mar 6, 2007, 11:24:50 AM3/6/07

"e" <0...@john-14-6.info> wrote in message

Fucking idiot - PLONK

Robibnikoff

Mar 6, 2007, 11:25:31 AM3/6/07

> "Robibnikoff" <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> snip
>>>
>>> Then, it is up to YOU, the doubter, to prove that I was never an
>>> atheist.
>>
>> Shut the fuck up, you retarded liar. No one gives a shit about you.
>
> The Fool's Creed

Apparently you were dropped on you head as an infant - No doubt, on purpose.

Robibnikoff

Mar 6, 2007, 11:26:13 AM3/6/07

> "Robibnikoff" <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> snip
>>>I don't care if you become a christian or not.
>>
>>>I am just trying to change the way you behave. My atheist wife has
>>>good ideas on how atheists should behave.
>>
>> You mean that blind ugly bitch you claimed to have married? Why should
>> anyone give a shit what she thinks?
>
> The Spirit of Error

Whatever, dipshit. Have a nice life in the insane asylum.

Hollis Brown

Mar 6, 2007, 11:41:46 AM3/6/07
On Mar 6, 9:03 am, "e" <0...@john-14-6.info> wrote:

> The Spirit of Error

Oops. You made an error. You forgort to include a group you read.
Gosh, you might miss some of the scintillating replies to your cut-n-
pasted "information."

HB

Mar 6, 2007, 12:18:12 PM3/6/07

"Hollis Brown" <AT_Ta...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1173199306....@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups.com...

Creation and Its Purpose

THE CREATOR

No defense is given concerning the existence of God. The record
concerning Him is simply, "In the beginning God." The existence of God is
assumed. He reveals Himself as Elohim, which is related to the name El,
having a root meaning of "power" or "fear." It suggests "God's greatness
or superiority over all other gods."?1 The name Elohim identifies God as
"the subject of all divine activity revealed to man and as the object of all
true reverence and fear for men."?2 It emphasizes His sovereignty (Gen.
24:3; Isa. 37:16; 54:5); His role as Judge (Ps. 50:6; 58:11; 75:7); His
majesty or glory (Isa. 40:28; 65:16); His role as the Savior God (Gen.
17:8; 26:24; 28:13); and His intimacy with His people (Gen. 48:15; Ps.
4:1; Jer. 23:23).

While God presents Himself as a transcendent God, He is also immanent,
seeking fellowship with man. He recognizes the creation of man as very
good (Gen. 1:31); He creates man in His own image and likeness that He
may have a relationship with man and that man may rule over the earth
(Gen. 1:26); He speaks with man (Gen. 1:28-30); He creates an
environment especially for man (Gen. 1:3-25, 29-30); He tests man's
loyalty (Gen. 2:16-17); He seeks man (Gen. 3:9).

THE CREATION OF THE WORLD

"In the beginning" describes the time of God's creation. This is not myth; it
is an historical event. Genesis 1:1 gives the principal statement with three
circumstantial clauses following in v. 2, suggesting there is no gap between
1:1 and 1:2. The word created (Heb. bara) suggests God created ex nihilo,
"out of nothing." It was not a refashioning of previous materials (cf. Rom.
4:17; Heb. 11:3). The days of creation are referred to as "it was evening
and it was morning," suggesting twenty-four hour days. The statements
"second day," "third day," also demand twenty-four hour days.?3 The
creation account is a denial of any form of evolution-atheistic, theistic, or
threshhold. If man is the product of an evolutionary process then man is not
morally accountable to God; if, however, God directly created man, then
man is accountable to God and was also created that he might walk in
holiness for fellowship with God.

But what was the purpose of creation? Without question the greatness, the
immensity, the magnitude of creation was to bring glory to God.?4

CREATION OF MAN

Man's creation was special and unique. Man was created on the last day,
the climax of God's creation; at the conclusion of man's creation, God
noted, "it was very good" (Gen. 1:31). Man is not the product of evolution
but the direct creation of God (Gen. 1:27; 2:7; 5:1; Deut. 4:32). Genesis
1:27 gives the general statement; Genesis 2:7 provides additional details of
the same account. It is also important to note that Christ acknowledged
that God directly created man (Matt. 19:4). God also created the individual
species (Gen. 1:27). What is particularly significant, however, is that God
created man in His own image and likeness. This does not refer to bodily
form, since God is spirit (John 4:24), but a spiritual, natural, and moral
likeness. In his spiritual likeness, man as a regenerated being may have
fellowship with God (Eph. 2:1, 5); in his natural likeness, man has intellect,
emotions, and will to know and commune with God; in his moral likeness,
man may know and obey the precepts of God.

RESPONSIBILITY OF MAN

God's purpose in creating man is stated in Genesis 1:26, "let them rule."
God placed man in the garden to rule over His creation. Adam was God's
mediator, placed on earth to dispense His will on earth. Man's destiny as
God's mediator is further seen in Psalm 8:6-7, "Thou dost make him to
rule over the works of thy hands; Thou has put all things under his feet, All
sheep and oxen, And also the beasts of the field, the birds of the heavens,
and the fish of the sea, whatever passes through the paths of the seas." As
God's mediator, Adam was to exercise authority over all creation-plant
and animal life. Adam was to rule over God's creation.

God placed man in a perfect environment and gave him a test. Man was
permitted to eat of any tree of the garden but not from the tree of the
knowledge of good and evil (Gen. 2:17). Should he do so, death would
result. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil was to develop man
spiritually; not to have knowledge is a sign of immaturity (Deut. 1:39).
God's purpose was that man should attain to a knowledge of good and evil
through not eating of the fruit. In this way man would glorify God-and
man would rule over God's kingdom on earth in its unfallen estate. But man
disobeyed God and attained to the knowledge of good and evil-the
wrong way.?5

Fall and Judgment

THE TEMPTATION AND SIN

God placed man in the garden and gave man the opportunity to obey Him
and lead the human race into eternal blessing (he could have been
confirmed in righteousness by eating from the tree of life). It was a test
concerning Adam's loyalty and obedience to God.

The solicitation to sin came to Eve through the serpent. The fact that the
serpent could tempt Eve suggests evil was present (although man had not
yet sinned). It must forever remain a riddle as to where sin came from; it is
one of the mysteries of life. Although it was the serpent speaking, it was
Satan who engineered the temptation. It was possible because he was
"crafty" ("clever," Matt. 10:16). The serpent opposed the glory of God
and sought to disrupt man's fellowship with God and man's rule over
God's creation. Satan, through the serpent, raised doubt about God's
word (Gen. 3:1); he lied by saying that man would not die (Gen. 3:4),
expressing it in strongest terms, "You surely shall not die!"?6 Eve
submitted to the temptation, sinning in the manner common to the human
race: through the lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, and the boastful pride of
life (cf. 1 John 2:16). Adam also participated in the sin; although Eve was
deceived (1 Tim. 2:14), Adam realized what he was doing, hence, the
greater judgment. For this reason Adam is constituted the first sinner (Rom.
5:12-21).

JUDGMENT

Adam and Eve now came to a knowledge of good and evil but not in the
manner they should have. Immediately the world around them looked
different; they recognized their nakedness, something they had not
previously considered (Gen. 3:7). Their minds had become defiled,
hindering fellowship with God.

God called for Adam, the mediator of His truth, to accountability (Gen.
3:9). Adam as head of the human race was being held responsible. God
first pronounced judgment upon the serpent and Satan who was the power
behind the serpent (Gen. 3:14-15). Because the serpent sought to exalt
himself he would be abased, crawling on his belly, eating the dust in his
path. Genesis 3:15 should be understood as referring to Satan. Although he
would have a minor victory, the seed of the woman (Christ) would deal
Satan a death blow. God also judged the woman; she would have pain in
childbirth (Gen. 3:16) and desire for her husband?7 who would rule over
her. The judgment on Adam meant he would work hard; the ground would
resist him.?8 The tragic news awaited Adam: death would occur. Adam
and Eve died both physically and spiritually.

Promise of Redemption

In Genesis 3:15 God announced the enmity that would come between
Satan and mankind. This is the protevangelium, the first announcement of
the gospel in Scripture. Satan would be dealt a destructive, head crushing
blow. This is a reference to Christ's victory over Satan at the cross (Col.
2:14-15; Heb. 2:14) when Christ would render Satan powerless, enabling
man to be forever restored to fellowship with God, making possible man's
ultimate rule. Satan would have a minor victory ("you shall bruise him on
the heel" ), suggesting the death of Christ; however, that very death would
spell Satan's defeat.

Although Adam and Eve had sinned, incurring death, God moved to
resolve man's dilemma by pointing to a future Savior who would eliminate
death, restore believing man to fellowship with God, and consummate
history with Messiah's reign on earth to restore all that Adam had lost.

Even though Adam lost considerable authority in his kingdom rule as God's
mediator, Genesis 3:15 looks to the future when the Messianic kingdom
will be inaugurated, restoring all that Adam lost.

Summary

Several things should be noted regarding God's revelation in the Edenic
era. (1) God revealed Himself as omnipotent and sovereign in the creation
of the universe and world. (2) God is holy, demanding obedience for
fellowship with Himself. (3) God is a God of grace, as manifest through the
promise of a Savior. (4) Man is the apex of God's creation, created in the
image and likeness of God for fellowship with God and for rule over God's
creation. (5) Man is a responsible creature, answerable to a holy God.
Man is constituted a sinner through the sin of Adam. (6) God initiates His
redemptive program by promising a Savior to Adam and Eve. The promise
anticipates Messiah's ultimate triumph over Satan, providing the basis for
the restored kingdom.

For Further Study On The Edenic Era

* William Dyrness. Themes in Old Testament Theology. Exeter:
Paternoster, 1979.

** E. W. Hengstenberg. Christology of the Old Testament. Reprint. Grand
Rapids: Kregel, 1970. pp. 13-24.

** Walter C. Kaiser, Jr. Toward an Old Testament Theology. Grand
Rapids: Zondervan, 1978. pp. 71-79.

* Geerhardus Vos. Biblical Theology: Old and New Testaments. Grand
Rapids: Eerdmans, 1948. pp. 27-44.

[1]

1 1. Jack B. Scott, "El" in Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament, 2
vols., edited by R. Laird Harris et al. (Chicago: Moody, 1980), 1:42.

2 2. Ibid., 1:44.

3 3. Whenever the numeral appears with the Hebrew word yom (day) it
demands a twentyfour hour day. See also the excellent study by Weston
W. Fields, Unformed and Unfilled (Nutley, N.J.: Presbyterian &
Reformed, 1976).

4 4. Erich Sauer, The Dawn of World Redemption (Exeter: Paternoster,
1964), pp. 25-29.

5 5. C. F. Keil and F. Delitzsch, Biblical Commentary on the Old
Testament, 25 vols. (Reprint. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1968), 1:84-86.

6 6. The Hebrew construction is an infinitive absolute which expresses
emphasis when it immediately precedes the verb.

7 7. The meaning of desire (Heb. shuq, "violent craving") is difficult to
determine since it is only used three times in the Old Testament (Gen. 3:16;
4:7; Song 7:10). It may have reference to sexual desire as in Song of
Solomon 7:10 or desire to be under his rule or perhaps desire to rule over
him.

8 8. The word describing Adam's toil (Heb. yizabon, Gen. 3:17) also
describes Eve's pain in childbirth (Gen. 3:16).

[1]Enns, P. P. (1997, c1989). The Moody handbook of theology (39).
Chicago, Ill.: Moody Press.

--
There's no hurry?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrmDWn6awMA
"The best way to drive out the devil, if he will
not yield to texts of Scripture, is to jeer and
flout him, for he cannot bear scorn."
http://bibleweb.info/ftp/ftp-members-0001.html
Born once, die twice. Born twice, die once.
Wisdom of a Lifetime - Audio MP3 Collection -
http://bibleweb.info/ftp/ftp-members-0002.html
The Last (5th) Horseman
http://bibleweb.info/ftp/ftp-members-0003.html
The Facts About Jesus, the Bible & the Afterlife
http://bibleweb.info/ftp/ftp-members-0004.html
The Way - http://john-14-6.com/john-14-6.pdf
A Tribute to THE KING
http://bibleweb.info/public-a-tribute-to-the-king.pdf
My Main Collection - http://Bibleweb.Info/

DaveJr

Mar 6, 2007, 12:37:01 PM3/6/07

> "^^^" <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> snip
>
> >But, isn't it a standard atheist response to ask for the exact bible
> >verse?
>
> Not at all, asshat.
>
> >Yes, there are standard atheist responses, you know.
>
> Yeah, here's one:
>
> "You're a fucking idiot".

Here's another one.....1+1=2.

It is loading more messages.