-- Building in progress... --

Magic

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
*On the walls of the Anderson Shelter, magic has pinned lots of little
quotes to keep his mind alert*

"You cannot belong to anyone else, until you belong to yourself."
--Pearl Bailey

"Fortune favors the brave."
--Proverb

"It is never too late to give up your prejudices."
--Henry David Thoreau

"If stock market experts were so expert, they would be buying stock,
not selling advice."
--Norman Augustine

"Work hard at several projects. That way, no matter what is going
wrong, something will be going right."
-- Donna Hanover

"If you can get nothing better out of the world, get a good dinner out
of it, at least."
--Herman Melville (in Moby Dick)

"I searched through rebellion, drugs, diet, mysticism, religion,
intellectualism, and much more, only to find that truth is basically
simple and feels good, clear and right."
--Chick Corea

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself."
--Michel de Montaigne

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."
--Eric Hoffer

"The person who knows "how" will always have a job. The person who
knows "why" will always be his boss."
--Diane Ravitch

"If you walk, just walk. If you sit, just sit. But whatever you do,
don't wobble."
--Anon.

"One of these days is none of these days."
--H. G. Bohn

"If you don't do it excellently, don't do it at all. Because if it's
not excellent, it won't be profitable or fun, and if you're not in
business for fun or profit, what the hell are you doing there?"
--Robert Townsend

". . . this thing we call 'failure' is not falling down, but the
staying down."
--Mary Pickford

"Rosiness is not a worse windowpane than gloomy gray when viewing the
world."
--Grace Paley

"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do--do
it and let it speak for itself."
--Martin Vanbee

"One never notices what has been done; one can only see what remains
to be done."
--Marie Curie

"The best preparation for a better life next year is a full, complete,
harmonious, joyous life this year."
--Thomas Dreier

"Trust you own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own,
instead of someone else's."
--Billy Wilder

"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument."
--William Gibbs McAdoo

"Treat people as if they were what they should be, and you help them
become what they are capable of becoming."
--Johannn von Goethe

"Life is about enjoying yourself and having a good time."
--Cher

"Why not seize the pleasure at once? How often is happiness destroyed
by preparation, foolish preparation!"
--Jane Austen

"Success is never found. Failure is never fatal. Courage is the only
thing."
--Winston Churchill

"It is prudent to pour the oil of delicate politeness upon the
machinery of friendship."
--Colette

"The world is like a mirror; frown at it, and it frowns at you. Smile
and it smiles, too."
--Herbert Samuels

"The true test of character is...how we behave when we don't know what
to do."
--John Holt

"Not all those who wander are lost."
--J.R.R. Tolkien

"This is not a dress rehearsal. This is *It*.
--Tom Cunningham

"'But' is a fence over which few leap."
--German proverb

"The shortest answer is doing."
--English proverb

"Waste your money and you're only out of money, but waste your time
and you've lost a part of your life."
--Michael Leboeuf

"The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our
dispositions, and not on our circumstances."
--Martha Washington

"Winning isn't everything. *Wanting* to win is."
--Catfish Hunter, baseball pitcher

"Humor comes from self-confidence. There's an aggressive element to
wit."
--Rita Mae Brown

"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence."
--Publius

"Concern should drive us into action and not into depression."
--Karen Horney

"True modesty and true pride are much the same thing: both consist in
setting a just value on ourselves - neither more nor less."
--William Hazlitt

"Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with
what you have."
--Doris Mortman

"Let the past drift away with the water."
--Japanese saying

change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead

"I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch."
--Gilda Radner

"So live that you can look any man in the eye and tell him to go to
hell."
--Anon.

"One always speaks badly when one has nothing to say."
--Voltaire

"The moment somebody says 'this is very risky' is the moment it
becomes attractive to me."
--Kate Capshaw

"Audacity, more audacity, always audacity."
--Georges Jacques Danton

"A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write,
if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What a man can be, he
must be."
--Abraham Maslow

"I say if it's going to be done, let's do it. Let's not put it in the
hands of fate. Let's not put it in the hands of someone who doesn't
know me. I know me best. Then take a breath and go ahead."
--Anita Baker

"Breaks balance out. The sun don't shine on the same old dog's rear
end every day."
--Darrell Royal

"The difference between failure and success is doing a thing nearly
right and doing a thing exactly right."
--Edward Simmons

"Look twice before you leap."
--Charlotte Bronte

"The man who has ceased to learn ought not to be allowed to wander
around loose in these dangerous days."
--M.M. Coady

"The golden age only comes to men when they have forgotten gold."
--G. K. Chesterton

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of men of old; seek what they
sought."
--Matsuo Basho

"He who despises himself esteems himself as a self-despiser."
--Susan Sontag

"Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they
are."
--Malcolm Forbes

"If you are losing a tug-of-war with a tiger, give him the rope before
he gets to your arm. You can always buy a new rope."
-- Max Gunther

"I don't wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your
mind must know that it has to get down to earth."
--Pearl Buck

"To be a manager, you have to start at the bottom, no exceptions."
--Henry Block

"You grow up the day you have your first real laugh at yourself."
--Ethel Barrymore

"If it's a good idea . . . go ahead and do it. It is much easier to
apologize than it is to get permission."
--Grace M. Hopper

"Fear less, hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more;
Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours."
--Anon.

"People are ridiculous only when they try or seem to be that which
what they are not."
--Giacomo Leopardi

"The moment an individual can accept and forgive himself, even a
little, is the moment in which he becomes to some degree lovable."
--Eugene Kennedy

"I've always tried to go a step past wherever other people expected me
to end up."
--Beverly Sills

"When you're through changing, you're through."
--Bruce Barton

"True eloquence consists of saying all that should be said, and that
only."
--Francois de La Rochefoucald

"Life begets life. Energy creates energy. It is by spending oneself
that one becomes rich."
--Sarah Bernhardt

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others."
--Robert Louis Stevenson

"Trouble brings experience, and experience brings wisdom."
--Anon.

"Money isn't everything, but lack of money isn't anything."
--Franklin P. Adams

"My will shall shape my future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no
man's doing but my own."
--Elaine Maxwell

"Concentrate on finding your goal, then concentrate on reaching it."
--Col. Michael Friedsman

"It is only when I am doing my work that I feel truly alive."
--Federico Fellini

"Money is like an arm or a leg - use it or lose it."
--Henry Ford

"We are new every day."
--Irene Claremont de Castillego

"A man can be short and dumpy and getting bald but if he has fire,
women will like him."
--Mae West

--Marie Curie

"Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people
always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can
become great."
--Mark Twain

"Decide what you think is right and stick to it."
--George Eliot

"If you don't know where you are going, how can you expect to get
there?"
--Basil S. Walsh

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you
should have accomplished with your ability."
--John Wooden

"Life is a risk."
--Diane Von Furstenberg

"Never try to tell everything you know. It may take too short a time."
--Norman Ford

"Concentrate on finding your goal, then concentrate on reaching it."
--Col. Michael Friedsman

"It is only when I am doing my work that I feel truly alive."
--Federico Fellini

"I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who *have* to
dance."
--George Balanchine

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice. It is
not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."
--William Jennings Bryan

" . . . if you don't risk anything, you risk even more."
--Erica Jong

"Be slow in choosing a friend, slower in changing."
--Benjamin Franklin

"Faith in oneself is the best . . . and safest course."
--Michelangelo

"A leader leads by example, whether he intends to or not."
--Anon.

"Enthusiasm moves the world."
--J. Balfour

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly."
--Lauren Bacall

"Wonder rather than doubt is the root of knowledge."
--Abraham Joshua Heschel

"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that
there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

"My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty -
she's ninety-seven today and we don't know where the hell she is."
--Ellen Degeneris

"Slang is a language that rolls up its sleeves, spits on its hands and
goes to work."
--Carl Sandburg

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"
--Baseball pitcher Satchel Paige

"False modesty is better than none."
--Vilhjalmur Steffanson

"Goodwill is the one and only asset that competition cannot undersell
or destroy. "
-- Marshall Field

"Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died."
--Erma Bombeck

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."
--Harry Truman

"The trouble with being punctual is that there's nobody there to
appreciate it. "
--Franklin P. Jones

"Never let go of the fiery sadness called desire."
--Patti Smith

"When trouble comes, wise men take to their work; weak men take to the
woods."
--Elbert Hubbard

"Never accept the proposition that just because a solution satisfies a
problem, that it must be the only solution."
--Raymond E. Feist

"You have got to discover you, what you do, and trust it."
--Barbra Streisand

"I will work in my own way, according to the light that is in me."
--Lydia Maria Child

"I did it my way."
--Frank Sinatra

"No one is liable to make more mistakes than the man who acts only on
reflection."
--Vauvenargues

"Superior people never make long visits."
--Marianne Moore

"You have to endure what you can't change."
--Marie de France

"He who laughs, lasts."
--Mary Pettibone Poole

"Laughter is by definition healthy."
--Doris Lessing

"The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed."
--Sebastien Roch Nicolas Chamfort

"To be successful, the first thing to do is fall in love with your
work."
--Sister Mary Lauretta

"There is no such thing as a great talent without great will- power."
--Balzac

"You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't
try."
--Beverly Sills

"If you play it safe in life you've decided that you don't want to
grow anymore."
--Shirley Hufstedler

"Who dares nothing, need hope for nothing."
--J.C.F. von Schiller

"Taking risks gives me energy."
--Jay Chiat

"When in doubt wear red."
--Bill Blass

"We forfeit three-fourths of ourselves in order to be like other
people."
--Arthur Schopenhauer

"The most popular labor-saving device is still money."
--Phyllis George

"Were it not better to forget/Than but remember and regret?"
--Letitia Elizabeth Landon

"Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret
for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."
--Sydney J. Harris

"Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can't build on it; it is
good only for wallowing."
--Katherine Mansfield

"You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm."
--Colette

"I don't meet competition. I crush it."
--Charles Revson

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
--Janis Joplin

Taking risks gives me energy.
-- Jay Chiat

Fortune and love befriend the bold.
-- Ovid

Learn to use ten minutes intelligently. It will pay you huge
dividends.
-- William A. Irwin

Dullness is a misdemeanor.
-- Ethel Wilson

Pain is never permanent.
-- Saint Theresa of Avila

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.
-- Erma Bombeck

If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek
another flag.
-- Anonymous

Fools look to tomorrow; wise men use tonight.
-- Scottish Proverb

We only do well the things we like doing.
-- Colette

Love teaches even asses to dance.
-- French Proverb

Today is yesterday's effect and tomorrow's cause.
-- Phillip Gribble

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
-- Eleanor Roosevelt

A man is literally what he thinks.
-- James Lane Allen

If you're considered a beauty, it's hard to be accepted doing anything
but standing around.
-- Cybil Shepard

I seek the utmost pleasure and the least pain.
-- Plautus

If you do not find peace in yourself, you will never find it anywhere
else.
-- Paula A. Bendry

You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.
-- Colette

Freedom lies in being bold.
-- Robert Frost

People are either born hosts or born guests.
-- Sir Max Meerbohm

Tell a man he is brave, and you help him to become so.
-- Thomas Carlyle

No explanation ever explains the necessity of making one.
-- Elbert Hubbard

There's much to be said for challenging fate instead of ducking behind
it.
-- Diana Trilling

The ability to concentrate and to use your time well is everything.
-- Lee Iacocca

Become so wrapped up in something that you forget to be afraid.
-- Lady Bird Johnson

Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting.
-- Christopher Morley

The true test of character is...how we behave when we don't know what
to do.
-- John Holt

It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have
tried and succeeded.
-- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
-- Abraham Lincoln

You can't expect to win unless you know why you lose.
-- Benjamin Lipson

Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
-- Raymond Lindquist

No one knows what he can do until he tries.
-- Publilius Syrus

Friendship is one mind in two bodies.
-- Menclus

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
-- Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
-- Josh Billings

Real happiness is cheap enough, yet how dearly we pay for its
counterfeit.
-- Hosea Ballou

If only we'd stop trying to be happy we'd have a pretty good time.
-- Edith Wharton

To make a man happy, fill his hands with work.
-- Frederick E. Crane

Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred
times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the
hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the
last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.
-- Jacob A. Riis

Every path has its puddle.
-- English Proverb

Sadness is almost never anything but a form of fatigue.
-- Andre Gide

Faith that the thing can be done is essential to any great
achievement.

-- Thomas N. Carruther

Elbow grease is the best polish.
-- English Proverb

A good garden may have some weeds.
-- Thomas Fuller

People who never get carried away should be.
-- Malcolm Forbes

To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.
-- Confucius

Winning isn't everything. Wanting to win is.
-- Catfish Hunter

By the time you finished eating breakfast this morning, you had relied
on half the world.
-- Martin Luther King

Fear breeds fear.
-- Byron Janis

The only way to make a man trustworthy is to trust him.
-- Henry L. Stimson

Some folks never exaggerate--they just remember big.
-- Audrey Snead

Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed.
-- Corita Kent

A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
-- Francis Bacon

Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother.
-- Khalil Gibran
The future is not in the hands of fate, but in ours.
-- Jules Jusserano

I must govern the clock, not be governed by it.
-- Golda Meir

Never let yesterday use up today.
-- Richard H. Nelson

To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing.
-- Eva Young

He who limps still walks.
-- Stanislaw Lec

The mere sense of living is joy enough.
-- Emily Dickinson

No matter how many quotes were on my daily quota. This week they
weren't quoting. And you can quote me on that.
-- Matthew Theobalds

All that is necessary is to accept the impossible, do without the
indispensable, and bear the intolerable.
-- Kathleen Norris

Courage is the most important of all virtues, because without it we
can't practice any other virtue with consistency.
-- Maya Angelou

God gave burdens, also shoulders.
-- Yiddish proverb

Forget the times of your distress, but never forget what they taught
you.
-- Herbert Gasser

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Every horse thinks its own pack heaviest.
-- Thomas Fuller

If you want to be listened to, you should put time in listening.
-- Marge Piercy

Life without a friend is death without a witness.
-- Spanish Proverb

It is enough that I am of value to somebody today.
-- Hugh Prather

Worry is as useless as a handle on a snowball.
-- Mitzi Chandler

Rule No. 1 is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule No. 2 is, it's all
small stuff.
-- Robert Eliot

You are all you will ever have for certain.
-- June Havoc

The future comes one day at a time.
-- Dean Acheson

If you want a quality, act as if you already had it.
-- William James

As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.
-- Joan Baez

The purpose of life is life.
-- Karl Lagerfeld

All forms of fear produce fatigue.
-- Bertrand Russell

People are not going to love you unless you love them.
-- Pat Carroll

He who has choice has trouble.
-- Dutch Proverb

There are no rules. Just follow your heart.
-- Robin Williams

Hope is a waking dream.
-- Aristotle

Wise men learn by other men's mistakes, fools by their own.
-- H.G. Bohn

The best way for a person to have happy thoughts is to count his
blessings and not his cash.
-- Anonymous

Trouble shared is trouble halved.
-- Dorothy Sayers

Be like a postage stamp--stick to one thing until you get there.
-- Josh Billings

Fear is the prison of the heart.
-- Anonymous

Above all, try something.
-- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Life is worth being lived, but not worth being discussed all the time.
-- Isabelle Adfani

The world is moved not only by the mighty shoves of the heroes, but
also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.
-- Helen Keller

A man wrapped up in himself is a very small bundle.
-- Benjamin Franklin

Envy comes from people's ignorance of, or lack of belief in, their own
gifts.
-- Jean Vanier

He that is overcautious will accomplish little.
-- J.C.F. von Schiller

Trouble is only opportunity in work clothes.
-- Henry J. Kaiser

If I were given a change of life, I'd like to see how it would be to
live as a mere six-footer.
-- Wilt Chamberlain

Who begins too much accomplished little.
-- German proverb

We must act in spite of fear... not because of it.
-- Anonymous

There are three ingredients in the good life: learning, earning and
yearning.
-- Christopher Morley

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward.
-- Ellen Glasgow

Bloom where you are planted.
-- Anonymous

The breakfast of champions is not cereal, it's the opposition.
-- Nick Seitz

Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them.
-- Lady Bird Johnson

I'm not overweight, I'm just nine inches too short.
-- Shelley Winters

Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought.
-- Henri Bergson

If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
-- Dolly Parton

The future is no more uncertain than the present.
-- Walt Whitman

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.
-- Confucius

If something doesn't come up the way you want, you have to forge
ahead.
-- Clint Eastwood

To keep a lamp burning we have to keep putting oil in it.
-- Mother Teresa

Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons.
-- Ruth Ann Schabaker

Only with a new ruler do you realize the value of the old.
-- Burmese Proverb

Your future depends on many things, but mostly on you.
-- Frank Tyger

-- Rita Mae Brown

Always aim for achievement, and forget about success.
-- Helen Hayes

The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

The best bet is to bet on yourself.
-- Arnold Glasow

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.
-- Louisa May Alcott

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
-- Theodore Roosevelt

There are people who want to be everywhere at once, and they get
nowhere.
-- Carl Sandburg

Aim at nothing and you'll succeed.
-- Anonymous

I never liked the middle ground - the most boring place in the world.
-- Louise Nevelson

God gives no linen, but flax to spin.
-- German Proverb

There is nothing better than the encouragement of a good friend.
-- Katharine Butler Hathaway

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to
please everybody.
-- Bill Cosby

Success has made failures of many men.
-- Cindy Adams

Let us leave pretty women to men without imagination.
-- Marcel Proust

I invent nothing. I rediscover.
-- Auguste Rodin

Problems are only opportunities in work clothes.
-- Henry J. Kaiser

There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell 'em.
-- Louis Armstrong

I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.
-- Mae West

Trip up church collectors, and coins will scatter.
--Jonathan Theobalds

Success has made failures of many men.
-- Cindy Adams

Let us leave pretty women to men without imagination.
-- Marcel Proust

I invent nothing. I rediscover.
-- Auguste Rodin

80% of new graduates spend most of their time emailing friends and not
getting on with any work.
--Jonathan Theobalds

[...]

Today the real test of power is not capacity to make war but capacity
to prevent it.
-- Anne O'Hare McCormick

A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a
coffin.
-- H. L. Mencken

A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
-- Channing Pollock

You manage things; you lead people.
-- Grace Murray Hopper

You only live once - but if you work it right, once is enough.
-- Joe E. Lewis

Face what you think you believe and you will be surprised.
-- William Hale White

We must never try to escape the obligation of living at our best.
-- Janet Erskine Stuart

Why do they put the Gideon Bibles only in the bedrooms, where it's
usually too late, and not in the barroom downstairs?
-- Christopher Morley

He who rebukes the world is rebuked by the world.
-- Rudyard Kipling

I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time,
somehow things will work out in the end.
-- Larry Bird

The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also
be only the beginning.
-- Ivy Baker Priest

To follow, without halt, one aim: There's the secret of success.
-- Anna Pavlova

People have to talk about something just to keep their good voice
boxes in working order, so they'll have good voice boxes in case
there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
-- Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Words are seductive and dangerous material to be used with caution.
-- Barbara Tuchman

Nothing is impossible. Some things are just less likely than others.
-- Jonathan Winters

Who forces time is pushed back by time; who yields to time finds time
on his side.
-- The Talmud

Too often travel, instead of broadening the mind, merely lengthens the
conversation.
-- Elizabeth Drew

He and I had an office so tiny that an inch smaller and it would have
been adultery.
-- Dorothy Parker

Nothing can be so perfect when we possess it as it will seem when
remembered.
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Some people are molded by their admirations, others by their
hostilities.
-- Elizabeth Bowen

How unhappy is he who cannot forgive himself.
-- Publilius Syrus

In no order of things is adolescence the time of the simple life.
-- Janet Erskine Stuart

The most beautiful adventures are not those we go to seek.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson

Miracles happen only to those who believe in them.
-- French Proverb

You have to have the kind of body that doesn't need a girdle in order
to get to pose for one.
-- Carolyn Kenmore

The thing about email is that you spend ages writing something, read
back over it, realise it was crap but then send it anyway.
-- Matthew Theobalds

Hit the ball over the fence and you can take your time going around
the bases.
-- John W. Raper

A great many people think that polysyllables are a sign of
intelligence.
-- Barbara Walters

The minute a man is convinced that he's interesting, he isn't.
-- Stephen Leacock

I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.
-- Albert Einstein

I suppose that leadership at one time meant muscle but today it means
getting along with people.
-- Indira Ghandi

When some folks agree with my opinions I begin to suspect I'm wrong.
-- Kin Hubbard

Magic ==|:o)
--
Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk

Sleight_Of_Hand

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
Oy! I'm the big wizard around here.
"Magic" <Ma...@mattnet.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

Magic

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:20:09 +0100, "Sleight_Of_Hand"
<sleight...@abra.cadabra.co.uk> wrote:

> Oy! I'm the big wizard around here.

<HIGHLANDER>
There can be only one!!!
</HIGHLANDER>

Sleight_Of_Hand

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
Be careful, I have great power, we can of course work together, with you
naturally the sorcerers apprentice, or battle will commence and you will
find yourself disappearing with one doff of my top hat.

> On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:20:09 +0100, "Sleight_Of_Hand"
> <sleight...@abra.cadabra.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Oy! I'm the big wizard around here.
>
> <HIGHLANDER>
> There can be only one!!!
> </HIGHLANDER>

Magic

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:50:05 +0100, "Sleight_Of_Hand"
<sleight...@abra.cadabra.co.uk> wrote:

> Be careful, I have great power, we can of course work together, with
you
> naturally the sorcerers apprentice, or battle will commence and you
will
> find yourself disappearing with one doff of my top hat.

I trust that is not a reference to the Email I receieved, as if it is,
it will be you who is going to disappear, and it wont require any
magic to make it happen I assure you. If you are indeed the person who
sent a forged Email to me making it appear as if it was from "KickIT"
then you may be in for a shock very soon.

Sleight_Of_Hand

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
That is a bit heavy, was'ent me old chap, if you would like to mail me on
the addy I will mail back, this is a real email address, why oh! why do folk
get irrated so quickly, without first checking the facts. Thought this was a
bit of fun. Hope you apologise when you find out your wrong.

> On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:50:05 +0100, "Sleight_Of_Hand"
> <sleight...@abra.cadabra.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Be careful, I have great power, we can of course work together, with
> you
> > naturally the sorcerers apprentice, or battle will commence and you
> will
> > find yourself disappearing with one doff of my top hat.
>
> I trust that is not a reference to the Email I receieved, as if it is,
> it will be you who is going to disappear, and it wont require any
> magic to make it happen I assure you. If you are indeed the person who
> sent a forged Email to me making it appear as if it was from "KickIT"
> then you may be in for a shock very soon.

Magic

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 16:38:34 +0100, "Sleight_Of_Hand"
<sleight...@abra.cadabra.co.uk> wrote:

> That is a bit heavy, was'ent me old chap, if you would like to mail
me on
> the addy I will mail back, this is a real email address, why oh! why
do folk
> get irrated so quickly, without first checking the facts. Thought
this was a
> bit of fun. Hope you apologise when you find out your wrong.

I haven't accused you of anything... I merely said I hoped it wasn't
you... if indeed it wasn't then you have nothing to worry about!

I can take a joke as well as the next man (or at least I hope I can!)
but the content of this email was very severe which I why I took it
very seriously.

Sleight_Of_Hand

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
Perhaps it was and I sympathise with you but surely there was no need for
you to jump to the wrong conclusion, which you did, be honest and re-read
your mail. I'll tell you what though, if Ng's start to become as tetchy as
this it won't be worth using them. They used to be fun but if they become
nasty and childish I shall just look elsewhere for a laugh. No hard feelings
though and I hope you find the real offendor.

> On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 16:38:34 +0100, "Sleight_Of_Hand"
> <sleight...@abra.cadabra.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > That is a bit heavy, was'ent me old chap, if you would like to mail
> me on
> > the addy I will mail back, this is a real email address, why oh! why
> do folk
> > get irrated so quickly, without first checking the facts. Thought
> this was a
> > bit of fun. Hope you apologise when you find out your wrong.
>
> I haven't accused you of anything... I merely said I hoped it wasn't
> you... if indeed it wasn't then you have nothing to worry about!
>
> I can take a joke as well as the next man (or at least I hope I can!)
> but the content of this email was very severe which I why I took it
> very seriously.

Magic

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:46:08 +0100, "Sleight_Of_Hand"
<sleight...@abra.cadabra.co.uk> wrote:

> Perhaps it was and I sympathise with you but surely there was no
need for
> you to jump to the wrong conclusion, which you did, be honest and
re-read
> your mail. I'll tell you what though, if Ng's start to become as
tetchy as
> this it won't be worth using them. They used to be fun but if they
become
> nasty and childish I shall just look elsewhere for a laugh. No hard
feelings
> though and I hope you find the real offendor.

Apologies if you took offence but I was not attempting to accuse you.
I started off by saying that I hope it wasn't a reference to the Email
I received... as it wasn't then this obviously doesn't apply. I also
said "If you are"... which you're not... so again, not applicable.

Normally we do have a laugh in here, but when things get taken too far
I can't help but treat them seriously. I'm afraid you have chosen to
appear at what is definately one of the low-points in this group. Sure
we have arguments, but we also have a laugh. Never before has it been
taken to the extent where people receive death threats through Email
though.

Give it some time for people to calm down and you'll see we can have a
good ol' laugh! :o)

Sleight_Of_Hand

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
Thanks for that, you will have received my email by now and can see its for
real, I enjoy having fun but there is no way I want to become involved in
what you mention, sounds even serious enough for the law to me. I'll leave
for awhile and return at a later date. Bye for now.

"Magic" <Ma...@mattnet.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

Magic

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:46:08 +0100, "Sleight_Of_Hand"
<sleight...@abra.cadabra.co.uk> wrote:

Aknowledging your Email - it just arrived. :o)

Magic

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:56:04 +0100, "Sleight_Of_Hand"
<sleight...@abra.cadabra.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for that, you will have received my email by now and can see
its for
> real, I enjoy having fun but there is no way I want to become
involved in
> what you mention, sounds even serious enough for the law to me. I'll
leave
> for awhile and return at a later date. Bye for now.

Yep, EMail is here. DEFINATELY not you, lol.