7th Heaven question re: Adam Lavorgna

Just A. Fan

Apr 23, 2003, 8:33:49 PM4/23/03
I watched the wedding episode of 7th Heaven on Monday. I haven't been
watching it much in the last year as I've grown weary of the show. I was
hoping that Adam Lavorgna would have made an appearance, but he didn't.

I guess I missed the part where he left the series. What happened? He was
on pretty consistently last year, he's still listed on the show's website,
but has he been on at all this year? That seemed rather abrupt, and I
hadn't heard anything about why he was gone. (Either the character or Adam
himself.)

Anybody shed some light? Thanks.

Mark L 02

Apr 24, 2003, 1:19:07 AM4/24/03
In article <NhGpa.38124$YE2.5...@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>, Just A. Fan
<not...@bogus.com> wrote:

> I watched the wedding episode of 7th Heaven on Monday. I haven't been
> watching it much in the last year as I've grown weary of the show. I was
> hoping that Adam Lavorgna would have made an appearance, but he didn't.
>
> I guess I missed the part where he left the series. What happened? He was
> on pretty consistently last year, he's still listed on the show's website,
> but has he been on at all this year?

Epguides made kind of a big deal about this in the week Adam
disappeared from 7th Heaven. Coincidentally, it was the same week that
Scotty Leavenworth joined up as a recurring guest cast member.

Apparently Adam had a role written in episode 141, "Lost Souls," which
aired on November 18. He was going to help out Peter (Scotty's
character), but was "written out at the last minute for an unknown
reason," according to epguides. They also mention that his picture
disappeared from the cast shots in the show credits as of that week.
That would suggest his exit was sudden and permanent. Newsgroup posts
suggest Adam's departure was due to a "mutual agreement" with the
show's producer. Epguides has noted every week since that "Adam
Lavorgna does not appear in this episode," so apparently there's some
hope (or wishful thinking) that he could return.

Mark

Just A. Fan

Apr 24, 2003, 8:28:52 AM4/24/03
I also found this line on TV Tome:

"Adam LaVorgna has left 7th Heaven for unknown reasons and will not be back
on the show."

Interesting. I wonder what happened that caused such an abrupt and
permanent departure? I'd love to know the inside scoop on that one!
"Something" must have happened that things caused this decision to be made
so swiftly and decisively. Too bad. He was one of the few reasons to watch
this show in the last couple seasons. He was the only character on the show
who wasn't delving into his own "whine-a-thon".