Complete Youngstar Award Nominees

TARutter

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98

Here is the complete nominees for the 3rd Annual Youngstar Awards by the
Hollywood Reporter.

Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Comedy Film:

Cameron Finley as beaver in "Leave It To Beaver"
Jesse James as Spencer in "As Good As It Gets"
Alex D. Linz as Kevin in "Home Alone 3"
Greogory Smith as Alan in "Small Soldiers"
Kevin Zegers in "Air Bud"

Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Comedy Film

Hallie Kate Eisenberg as Marie in "Paulie"
Hatty Jones as Madeline in "Madeline"
Lindsay Lohan as Hallie & Ann in "The Parent Trap
Christina Ricci as Dedee in "The Opposite of Sex"
Mara Wilson as Anabel in "A Simple Wish"

Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Drama Film:

Cameron Finley as Travis in "Hope Floats"
Brandon Hammond as Ahmad in "Soul Food"
Eammon Owens as Francie in "The Butcher Boy"
Jamyang Wanhchuk as Dalai Lama in "Seven Years in Tibet"
Elijah Wood as Leo in "Deep Impact"

Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Drama Film

Meagan Good as Cecily in "Eve's Bayou"
Scarlett Johansson as Grace in "The Horse Whisperer"
Christina Ricci as Wendy in "The Ice Storm"
Jurnee Smollett as Eve in "Eve's Bayou"
Mae Whitmas as Bernice in "Hope Floats"

Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Miniseries/Made for TV Movie:

Seth Adkins as Robbie in "First Do No Harm"
Zachery Ty Bryan as brad in "Principle Takes A Holiday"
Matthew Lawrence as Jesse in "Angels in the Endzone"
Frankie Muniz as young Sammy in "What The Dead Man Heard"
Elijah Wood as Artful Dodger in "Olver Twist"

Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Miniseries/Made For TV Movie

Erika Christensen as Romy in "Nothing Sacred"
Kirsten Dunst as Tina in "Fifteen and Pregnant"
Tina Majorino as Avocet Abigail in "Before Women Had Wings"
Jena Malone as Lily in "Hope"
Chaz Monet' as Ruby in "Ruby Bridges"

Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Comedy TV Series

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Tomy in "3rd Rock From The Sun"
Brandon Hammond as Matty in "Gregory Hines Show"
Jonathan Lipnicki as Alex in "Meego"
Tahj Mowery as TJ in "Smart Guy"
Ben Savage as Cory in "Boy Meets World"
Jonathan Taylor Thomas as Randy in "Home Improvement

Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Comedy TV Series

Kaitlin Cullum as Libby in "Grace Under Fire"
Danielle Fishel as Topanga in "Boy Meets World"
Larisa Oleynik as Alex in "The Secret World of Alex Mack"
Madylin Sweeten as Ally in "Everybody Love Raymond"
Emily May Young as Lilly in "Step By Step"

Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Drama TV Series:

Andrew & Steven Cavarno as Own in "Party Of Five"
George Gore II as G in "New York Undercover"
Ross Malinger as Roland in "Party of Five"
Austin O'Brien as Joshua in "Promised Land"
Michael Yarmush as Eric in "My Life As A Dog"
David Gallagher as Simon in "7th Heaven"

Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Drama TV Series

Jessica Biel as Mary in "7th Heaven"
Lacey Chabert as Claudia in "Party of Five"
Beverley Mitchell as Lucy in "7th Heaven"
Cailtin Wachs as Chloe in "Profiler"
Michelle Williams as Jen in "Dawson's Creek"

Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Daytime TV Program

Jonathan Jackson as Lucky in "General Hospital"
Sean Marquette as Jamie in "All My Children"
Nicholas Pappone as Philip in "The Young and the Restless"
Tyrone Savage as Young Isaac Newton in "The Inventor's Specials: Newton"
Jeffrey Wood as James in "Sunset Beach"

Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Daytime TV Program

Jessica Alba as Nella in "Flipper"
Camryn Grimes as Cassie in "The Young And The Restless"
Alexas Manta as Amanda in "As The World Turns"
Robyn Richards as Maxie in "general Hospital"
Erin Torpey as Jessica in "One Life To Live"

Best Performace by a Young Actor in a Saturday Morning TV Program:

Ben Gould as Nicky in "Saved By The Bell"
Scott Whyte as Chris in "City Guys"
Phillip Van Dyke as Ned in "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea"

Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Saturday Morning TV Program

Samantha Becker as Maria in "Saved By The Bell"
Erica Luttrell as Emilie in "The New Ghostwriter Mysteries"
Lindsay McKeon as Kattie in "Saved By The Bell"
Megan Parlen as Mary Beth in "Hang Time"
Charlotte Sullivan as Camela in 'The New Ghostwriter Mysteries"

Best Performance by a Young Recording Group or Artist

Hansen [sic], Group for "Middle of Nowhere"
Johnny Lang, Singer for "Johnny Lang In Concert"
Monica, Singer for "The Boy is Mine"
LeAnn Rimes, Singer for "LeAnn Rimes in Concert"
Usher, Group, "Usher"

Moonshadow

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
TARutter wrote:
> Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Comedy Film:
>
> Cameron Finley as beaver in "Leave It To Beaver"
> Jesse James as Spencer in "As Good As It Gets"
> Alex D. Linz as Kevin in "Home Alone 3"
> Greogory Smith as Alan in "Small Soldiers"
> Kevin Zegers in "Air Bud"

Im glad I dont have to be a "judge" on this one. They were all great.
I would like to have seen J Evan Bonifant included for Blues Brothers
2000

> Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Miniseries/Made for TV Movie:
>
> Seth Adkins as Robbie in "First Do No Harm"
> Zachery Ty Bryan as brad in "Principle Takes A Holiday"
> Matthew Lawrence as Jesse in "Angels in the Endzone"
> Frankie Muniz as young Sammy in "What The Dead Man Heard"
> Elijah Wood as Artful Dodger in "Olver Twist"

Its kind of a shame that David Gallagher didnt also get a nomination
for "Angles in the Endzone". He really seemed to be "overlooked" in that
film. Im happy to see him included in the nomination for 7th heaven
though.

--
MOONSHADOW

John L. Kelleher

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
Moonshadow <moon...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
: TARutter wrote:

:> [A whole big honkin' list that takes a LOT of work to type
:> up and for which I'm very greatful but which I am deleting
:> here in the interest of conserving space. Thanks, Troy!]

: Im glad I dont have to be a "judge" on this one. They were all great.

: I would like to have seen J Evan Bonifant included for Blues Brothers
: 2000

Yeah. The tough part is remembering that for every one you want
to add you have to figure out one to omit. Not an easy task.

:> Seth Adkins as Robbie in "First Do No Harm"

: Its kind of a shame that David Gallagher didnt also get a nomination

: for "Angles in the Endzone". He really seemed to be "overlooked" in that
: film. Im happy to see him included in the nomination for 7th heaven
: though.

His part was every bit as important as that unnamed kid who was in
"Angels in the Outfield" a few years ago. <g> His 7H nomination is
indeed good to see. As for this category, however, I know my vote
but it's a secret.

John

five...@rocketmail.com

Sep 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/20/98
TARutter, where did you get this list of nominees? Is there a website?
I would really like to know. Thanks.

In article <19980916174230...@ng90.aol.com>,