D-Point mystery solved????

Twilight Ghost

Nov 16, 2011, 10:11:14 PM11/16/11
Naoko Takeuchi recalled seeing a map of the North Pole, and a label D-
Point, which she used for the location of the Dark Kingdom, but no one
has been able to find such a map.

Just watching Tora! Tora! Tora!, there is a map the Japanese fleet is
using for their naval carriers approach to Pearl Harbor, about 63-65
minutes into the aired version with commercials. There is a large
circle around Midway Island I think--could be the range of stationed
aircraft on the island. There is a D-Point and E-Point. Could be....?

Josh Cain

Jun 9, 2013, 9:06:11 AM6/9/13
Wow. It might be. Perhaps it is and Takeuchi-dono decided to use "North Pole" as the locale due to the isolation in the arctic circle.

boreino...@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2013, 4:29:56 PM10/6/13
Sorry, it took so long. The map in question...

http://boreinotwilight.deviantart.com/art/D-Point-inspired-by-Tora-Tora-Tora-405589280

Until something closer to the North Pole shows up, I think this is the smoking gun.