Are liberals mostly

DoD

Nov 5, 2015, 11:07:13 AM11/5/15
a.) Perverts
b.) assholes
c.) racists
d.) idiots
e.) Combination of the above?

Sn...@smack.com

Nov 5, 2015, 12:52:30 PM11/5/15
On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 10:07:11 -0600, "DoD" <danski...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Actually, you just provided a list of 95% of the most recent
republican/conservative character traits that have cropped up over the
last 2 1/2 decades.

Didn't you check the list before being stupid?

>=============================================================================

List of Republican federal politicians convicted of crimes

2009– (Obama (D) presidency)[edit]

Executive branch[edit]
General David Petraeus (R)[1]Director of the Central Intelligence
Agency. On April 23, 2015, a federal judge sentenced Petraeus to two
years’ probation plus a fine of $100,000 for providing classified
information to Lieutenant Colonel Paula Broadwell.[2]

Legislative branch[edit]
Michael Grimm (R-NY) pleaded guilty of felony tax evasion. This was
the fourth count in a 20-count indictment brought against him for
improper use of campaign funds. The guilty plea had a maximum sentence
of three years; he was sentenced to three months in prison. (2015)[3]
Trey Radel (R-FL) was convicted of possession of cocaine in November
2013. As a first-time offender, he was sentenced to one year probation
and fined $250. Radel announced he would take a leave of absence, but
did not resign. Later, under pressure from a number of Republican
leaders, he announced through a spokesperson that he would resign.
(2013)[4][5][6]
Rick Renzi (R-AZ) was found guilty on 17 of 32 counts against him
June 12, 2013, including wire fraud, conspiracy, extortion,
racketeering, money laundering and making false statements to
insurance regulators. (2013)[3]
2001–2009 (George W. Bush (R) presidency)[edit]

Executive branch[edit]
Lewis Libby (R) Chief of Staff to Vice President Dick Cheney (R).
'Scooter' was convicted of perjury and obstruction of justice in the
Plame Affair on March 6, 2007 and was sentenced to 30 months in prison
and fined $250,000. His sentence was commuted by George W. Bush (R) on
July 1, 2007. (2007)[10]

Legislative branch[edit]
Jack Abramoff CNMI scandal involves the efforts of Abramoff to
influence Congressional action concerning U.S. immigration and minimum
wage laws. See Executive branch convictions. Congressmen convicted in
the Abramoff scandal include:
1.Bob Ney (R-OH) pleaded guilty to conspiracy and making false
statements as a result of his receiving trips from Abramoff in
exchange for legislative favors. Ney received 30 months in prison.
(2007)[13]
Duke Cunningham (R-CA) pleaded guilty November 28, 2005, to charges
of conspiracy to commit bribery, mail fraud, wire fraud and tax
evasion in what came to be called the Cunningham scandal and was
sentenced to over eight years in prison. (2005)[14]
Jim Traficant (D-OH) was found guilty on ten felony counts of
financial corruption, sentenced to eight years in prison and expelled
from the House of Representatives. (2002) [17]

1993–2001 (Clinton (D) presidency)[edit]

Executive branch[edit]

Legislative branch[edit]
Wes Cooley (R-OR), was convicted of having lied on the 1994 voter
information pamphlet about his service in the Army. He was fined and
sentenced to two years probation (1997)[26] After leaving office,
Cooley was convicted of income tax fraud connected to an investment
scheme. He was sentenced to one year in prison and to pay restitution
of $3.5 million to investors and $138,000 to the IRS.[27]
1.Buz Lukens (R-Ohio) convicted of bribery and conspiracy.[30]

1989–1993 (George H. W. Bush (R) presidency)[edit]

Executive branch[edit]
Catalina Vasquez Villalpando, (R) Treasurer of the United States,
pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice and tax evasion. (1992)[39]

Legislative branch[edit]

David Durenberger Senator (R-Minnesota) denounced by Senate for
unethical financial transactions and then disbarred (1990). He pleaded
guilty to misuse of public funds and given one year probation (1995)
[43]
Jay Kim (R-CA) accepted $250,000 in illegal 1992 campaign
contributions and was sentenced to two months house arrest.
(1992)[44][45][46][47]

1981–1989 (Reagan (R) presidency)[edit]

Executive branch[edit]

See also: Reagan administration scandals
Housing and Urban Development Scandal was a controversy concerning
bribery by selected contractors for low income housing projects.[48]
1.James G. Watt (R) United States Secretary of the Interior
1981–1983, was charged with 25 counts of perjury and obstruction of
justice. Sentenced to five years probation, fined $5,000 and 500 hours
of community service[49]
Iran-Contra Affair (1985–1986); A secret sale of arms to Iran, to
secure the release of hostages and allow U.S. intelligence agencies to
fund the Nicaraguan Contras, in violation of the Boland Amendment.[50]
1.Elliott Abrams (R) Assistant Secretary of State for Inter-American
Affairs, convicted of withholding evidence. Given 2 years probation.
Later pardoned by President George H. W. Bush.[51]
Michael Deaver (R) White House Deputy Chief of Staff to Ronald Reagan
1981–85, pleaded guilty to perjury related to lobbying activities and
was sentenced to 3 years probation and fined $100,000 [52]
Melvyn R. Paisley, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy[53] In the
so called Ill Wind investigation. He was convicted of accepting bribes
and sentenced to 48 months in prison and fined.[54]
James E. Gaines, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy.[55] Gaines
was later convicted of accepting an illegal gratuity and theft and was
sentenced to six months in prison.[56]
Victor D. Cohen, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force, was the
50th conviction obtained during the Ill Wind probe when he pled guilty
to accepting bribes and conspiring to defraud the government.[57] He
was sentenced to 33 months in prison.[58]

Legislative branch[edit]
Donald E. "Buz" Lukens (R-Ohio), was convicted of two counts of
bribery and conspiracy. (1996) [59]
Abscam FBI sting involving fake 'Arabs' trying to bribe 31
congressmen.(1980) [60] The following Congressmen were convicted:
3.Richard Kelly (R-Florida) Accepted $25K and then claimed he was
conducting his own investigation into corruption. Served 13
months.[63]
George V. Hansen (R-Idaho) censured for failing to file out
disclosure forms. Spent 15 months in prison.[73]

1977–1981 (Carter (D) presidency)[edit]

Legislative branch[edit]

1974–1977 (Ford (R) presidency)[edit]

Executive branch[edit]
Earl Butz (R) Secretary of Agriculture. He was charged with failing
to report more than $148,000 in 1978. Butz pled guilty to the tax
evasion charge and was sentenced to 30 days in jail and five years of
probation and was ordered to make restitution. He served 25 days
behind bars before his release.[83][84]

Legislative branch[edit]
James F. Hastings (R-New York), convicted of kickbacks and mail
fraud, he also took money from his employees for personal use. Served
14 months at Allenwood penitentiary. (1976) [85]

1969–1974 (Nixon (R) presidency)[edit]

Executive branch[edit]
Watergate (1972–1973) Republican 'bugging' of the Democratic Party
National Headquarters at the Watergate Hotel led to a burglary which
was discovered. The cover up of the affair by President Richard Nixon
(R) and his staff resulted in 69 government officials being charged
and 48 pleading guilty, including 7 for actual burglary. Eventually,
Nixon resigned his position.[90]
1.John N. Mitchell (R) former United States Attorney General,
convicted of perjury.[91]
2.Richard Kleindienst (R) United States Attorney General, convicted
of "refusing to answer questions" given one month in jail.
3.H. R. Haldeman (R) White House Chief of Staff, convicted of
conspiracy, obstruction of justice, and perjury. Served 18 months in
prison.
4.John Ehrlichman (R) former White House Counsel, convicted of
conspiracy, obstruction of justice, and perjury. Served 18 months in
prison.
5.Egil Krogh (R) United States Undersecretary of Transportation,
sentenced to six months.
6.John Dean (R) White House Counsel, convicted of obstruction of
justice, later reduced to felony offenses and served 4 months.
7.Dwight Chapin (R) Secretary to the President of the United States,
convicted of perjury.
8.Charles Colson (R) Special Counsel to the President for Public
Liaison, convicted of obstruction of justice. Served 7 months.
Spiro Agnew (R) Former Vice President of the United States, convicted
of income-tax evasion.[92]

Legislative branch[edit]
Edwin Reinecke (R-CA) convicted of perjury and sentenced to 18 months
in prison as part of the Watergate investigation.
J. Irving Whalley (R-Pennsylvania) Received suspended three-year
sentence and fined $11,000 in 1973 for using mails to deposit staff
salary kickbacks and threatening an employee to prevent her from
giving information to the FBI.[77]
Martin B. McKneally (R-New York) Placed on one-year probation and
fined $5,000 in 1971 for failing to file income tax return. He had not
paid taxes for many years prior.[94]
James Fred Hastings (R-NY) Resigned on January 20, 1976 after being
convicted of kickbacks and mail fraud. He served 14 months at
Allenwood penitentiary (1976).[85]

1963–1969 (Lyndon B. Johnson (D) presidency)[edit]

Legislative branch[edit]

1961–1963 (Kennedy (D) presidency)[edit]

Legislative branch[edit]

1953–1961 (Eisenhower (R) presidency)[edit]

Legislative branch[edit]
Ernest K. Bramblett (R-California) Received a suspended sentence and
a $5,000 fine in 1955 for making false statements in connection with
payroll padding and kickbacks from congressional employees.[102]

1945–1953 (Truman (D) presidency)[edit]

Legislative branch[edit]
Walter E. Brehm (R-Ohio) convicted of accepting contributions
illegally from one of his employees. Received a 15-month suspended
sentence and a $5,000 fine.[103]
J. Parnell Thomas (R-New Jersey): a member of the House Committee on
Un-American Activities (HUAC), was convicted of salary fraud and given
an 18-month sentence and a fine, resigning from Congress in 1950. He
was imprisoned in Danbury Prison with two of the Hollywood Ten he had
helped put there. After serving his 18 months he was pardoned by
Truman (D) in 1952,[104]

1933–1945 (Franklin D. Roosevelt (D) presidency)[edit]

Legislative branch[edit]

1929-1933 (Hoover (R) presidency)[edit]

Legislative Branch[edit]
Harry E. Rowbottom, (R-IN) was convicted in Federal court of
accepting bribes from persons who sought post office appointments. He
served one year in Leavenworth.(1931)[108]

1923–1929 Coolidge (R) Administration[edit]
John W. Langley (R-KY) Resigned from the US Congress in January 1926,
after losing an appeal to set aside his conviction of violating the
Volstead Act (Prohibition). He’d also been caught trying to bribe a
Prohibition officer. He was sentenced to two years after which, his
wife ran for Congress in his place and won two full terms.[109][110]

1921–1923 Harding (R) presidency[edit]

Executive branch[edit]

The Harding administration was marred by scandals stemming from his
appointment of men in his administration whom he had known in Ohio.
They came to be known as the Ohio Gang. They include;
1.Albert Fall (R) Secretary of the Interior who was bribed by Harry
F. Sinclair for control of the Teapot Dome federal oil reserves in
Wyoming. He was the first U.S. cabinet member to ever be convicted; he
served two years in prison. (1922) [111]
Michael J. Hogan (R) was appointed Collector of the Port of New York
by President Warren G. Harding (R) In 1935 he was convicted of bribery
and sentenced to a year and a day in a Federal
Penitentiary.(1935)[112]

1901-1909 (Theodore Roosevelt (R) presidency)[edit]

Legislative Branch[edit]
Henry B. Cassel (R-Pennsylvania) was convicted of fraud related to
the construction of the Pennsylvania State Capitol (1909).[113][114]
John Hipple Mitchell Senator (R-Oregon) was involved with the Oregon
land fraud scandal, for which he was indicted and convicted while a
sitting U.S. Senator. (1905) [115]
Joseph R. Burton Senator (R-Kansas) was convicted of accepting a
$2500 bribe in 1904.[116]

1891-1895 (McKinley (R) presidency)[edit]

Executive Branch[edit]
Oregon US Federal District Attorney John Hicklin Hall (R) was
appointed by President William McKinley. In 1903, Hall was ordered to
investigate land fraud in what became known as the Oregon land fraud
scandal and was put on trial for failing to prosecute land companies
engaging in fraudulent activities, and for using his knowledge of
illegal activities to blackmail his political opponents. On February
8, 1908, a jury found Hall guilty of the charges.(1907)[117] He was
later pardoned by President William Howard Taft.[118]

1777–1868[edit]
Matthew Lyon (Democratic Republican-Kentucky). First Congressman to
be recommended for censure after spitting on Roger Griswold
(Federalist-Connecticut). The censure failed to pass.[119] Also found
guilty of violating Alien and Sedition Acts and sentenced to four
months in jail, during which he was re-elected (1798) [120]

Judges[edit]
Samuel B. Kent (R), Federal District Judge of the Galveston Division
of the U.S. Southern District of Texas, was sentenced May 11, 2009, to
33 months in prison for having lied about sexually harassing two
female employees. (2009) [121]
Thomas Porteous (D), Federal Judge of the U.S. Eastern District of
Louisiana was impeached, convicted and removed from office December 8,
2010, on charges of bribery and lying to Congress. (2010)[122][123]
Senior Federal U.S. District Court Jack Camp (R) was arrested in an
undercover drug bust while trying to purchase cocaine from an FBI
agent. Judge Jack T. Camp resigned his position after pleading guilty
to three criminal charges. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail, 400
community service hours and fined. (2010)[124][125][126]

"These gentlemen are the moral equivalents of America’s
founding fathers.

Ronald Regan introducing the Mujahideen leaders, 1985).

Klaus Schadenfreude

Nov 5, 2015, 3:25:12 PM11/5/15
On Thu, 05 Nov 2015 10:52:28 -0700, Sn...@smack.com wrote:

>"These gentlemen are the moral equivalents of America’s
>founding fathers.
>
> Ronald Regan introducing the Mujahideen leaders, 1985).

[following nuclear bitch-slap courtesy Keyzer Sozze]

!!MISERABLE DAMNED LYING SODAK SCUMBAG!!

@ Misspelled the former President's name.
@ Misquoted his speech.
@ Mislabeled the content of his speech.
@ Misidentified the Mujahideen when it was Nicaraguans.
@ Made another laughing stock of yourself!

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=38274

[end nuclear bitch-slap courtesy Keyzer Sozze]

Sn...@smack.com

Nov 5, 2015, 4:12:19 PM11/5/15
On Thu, 05 Nov 2015 12:25:10 -0800, Klaus Schadenfreude
<klausscha...@null.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 05 Nov 2015 10:52:28 -0700, Sn...@smack.com wrote:
>
>>"These gentlemen are the moral equivalents of America’s
>>founding fathers.
>>
>> Ronald Regan introducing the Mujahideen leaders, 1985).
>

>[following nuclear bitch-slap courtesy Keyzer Sozze]

Was this whacking over the head of a pumpkin...
Citation: Ronald Reagan: "Remarks at the Annual Dinner of the
Conservative Political Action Conference," March 1, 1985. Online by
Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project.
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=38274.

"Freedom movements arise and assert themselves. They're doing so on
almost every continent populated by man-in the hills of Afghanistan,
in Angola, in Kampuchea, in Central America. In making mention of
freedom fighters, all of us are privileged to have in our midst
tonight one of the brave commanders who lead the Afghan freedom
fighters—Abdul Haq. Abdul Haq, we are with you.

They are our brothers, these freedom fighters, and we owe them our
help. I've spoken recently of the freedom fighters of Nicaragua. You
know the truth about them. You know who they're fighting and why. They
are the moral equal of our Founding Fathers and the brave men and
women of the French Resistance."

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=38274

Mr. B1ack

Nov 5, 2015, 5:04:58 PM11/5/15
On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 11:29:48 -0800 (PST), competeti...@gmail.com
wrote:
>There's no such thing as "liberals". There's only decisions
>to decide the subsequent requisite action. Any decision can
>be examined to determine if it's mathematically or morally
>appropriate. Categories are economic, environmental, scientific,
>military, agricultural, medical, and social.
>
>People such as yourself who propagate divisiveness are at the
>root of the CLUSTERFUCK. Unfortunate individuals often are
>denied the best in education, and are relegated to sitting for
>12 years in the dummy classes, wherein they are ultimately
>released without analytical skill sets. Seeking validation,
>they will naturally gravitate to the peer groups and standards
>to which they're accustomed, the CLUSTERFUCK.
>
>As a spokesperson for the CLUSTERFUCK, they will propagate
>sophomoric comparisons and engage in techniques of sophism
>to garner inductees into the CLUSTERFUCK. One of the more
>common practices is the seeking of fear reactions, such that
>new followers will rely on the "sage" advise and analyses
>offered by the CLUSTERFUCK spokesperson, therein cementing
>his place of stature in the CLUSTERFUCK.
>
>CLUSTERFUCK.

Back to thinking there's a computer-perfect solution
for every human problem ? :-)

Didja forget "G.I.G.O." ?

However I will agree that ultra-'right' and ultra-'left'
earn their pay by drawing artificial lines in the sand
and placing nuclear landmines on either side. The
situation is essentially the classic logical fallacy of
the "false dichotomy". Alas, people being people
and not thinking things through very well, it DOES
generate a following, DOES infuse energy into the
overall sociopolitical discussion and DOES translate
into literal dollars for selected individuals and news
outlets.

I suppose that in some issues you CAN draw
lines, but they need to be fat, fuzzy, squiggly lines
encompassing a broad "Who the fuck knows ?"
area. This is kinda useless on the political stump
and in the news biz too ... so it's not encouraged.

Once upon a time, public schools used to teach
"thinking skills" ... ie logic. Up through the 60s it
was maybe done to teach the kiddies how to
decode that evil Commie propaganda. However
by the mid 70s it mostly disappeared ... as did
the quality of public ed in general. Hmmm, maybe
those hippie students frightened the Establishment
and the solution was to dumb 'em down from then
on so they couldn't decode Establishment propaganda ?

The sanity of America would be greatly improved by
teaching logic again - especially the deadly fallacies.
Spend a day or two on each one with plenty of
examples including political speeches and TV
commercials. Better leave out religious texts
however or there'll be riots :-)

But even that won't produce the "right" answer for
a lot of our hotbutton issues. Those are "human
issues", soft, fuzzy, subjective issues that math
and physics cannot answer. And if you think there
are lots of "Well, everybody just KNOWS ..."
solutions, I'll direct you to ISIL videos, the wisdom
of Mao, Hitler and Stalin ... seems scads of people
"just know" something completely different than
Joe American .......

What studying the logical fallacies COULD do though
is make some of those hotbutton issues just GO AWAY
because they're over-hyped, over-polarized artificial
"issues" to begin with that serve interests and agendas
that are NOT particularly friendly or profitible for good
old Joe American.

DoD

Nov 5, 2015, 5:15:35 PM11/5/15

"Mr. B1ack" <now...@nada.net> wrote in message

> On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 11:29:48 -0800 (PST), competeti...@gmail.com
> wrote:

Who was that?

>>CLUSTERFUCK.

Did he have a woody for that word?

Vandar

Nov 5, 2015, 5:28:28 PM11/5/15
On 11/5/2015 12:52 PM, Sn...@smack.com wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 10:07:11 -0600, "DoD" <danski...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> a.) Perverts
>> b.) assholes
>> c.) racists
>> d.) idiots
>> e.) Combination of the above?
>
> Actually, you just provided a list of 95% of the most recent
> republican/conservative character traits that have cropped up over the
> last 2 1/2 decades.
>
> Didn't you check the list before being stupid?

That list
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_federal_politicians_convicted_of_crimes
contains 104 names. 54 of them (more than half) have a D next to their name.

Fred Oinka

Nov 5, 2015, 6:42:04 PM11/5/15
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 11:07:13 AM UTC-5, DoD wrote:
From what I've seen here, they are mostly... GONE.

Except for the Canadian shut in the that silly spamming troll there are maybe four of five that contribute on a regular basis. A year ago there were probably 10 or 12 hard core lefties chiming in several times a day.

Mr. B1ack

Nov 5, 2015, 10:08:20 PM11/5/15
On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 16:15:32 -0600, "DoD" <danski...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Well, it's a good word ... especially for characterizing
most govt/committee projects ... but you should only
use it once in a while. :-)

I think he was TRYING to comment on the exaggeration
used by the further 'right' and 'left' to create "issues" that
really don't exist in the wild.

One Party System

Nov 5, 2015, 10:40:03 PM11/5/15
"DoD" <danski...@gmail.com> wrote in news:n1funa$uup$1...@dont-email.me:
Yes

--
There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient
to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an

Booker T. Washington

Sn...@smack.com

Nov 6, 2015, 12:03:54 AM11/6/15
On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 15:42:03 -0800 (PST), Fred Oinka
<stardu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 11:07:13 AM UTC-5, DoD wrote:
>> a.) Perverts
>> b.) assholes
>> c.) racists
>> d.) idiots
>> e.) Combination of the above?
>
>From what I've seen here, they are mostly... GONE.

From your vantage point---that's probably true

Depending on the reamed out size of the asshole you peek out of.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Nov 6, 2015, 7:36:01 AM11/6/15
On Thu, 05 Nov 2015 14:12:17 -0700, Sn...@smack.com wrote:

>On Thu, 05 Nov 2015 12:25:10 -0800, Klaus Schadenfreude
><klausscha...@null.net> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 05 Nov 2015 10:52:28 -0700, Sn...@smack.com wrote:
>>
>>>"These gentlemen are the moral equivalents of America’s
>>>founding fathers.
>>>
>>> Ronald Regan introducing the Mujahideen leaders, 1985).
>>

>>[following nuclear bitch-slap courtesy Keyzer Sozze]
>
>Was this whacking over the head of a pumpkin...

Nobody knows what this means, Gary.

But we *DO* know you're so fucking stupid you are about to prove
yourself to be a liar with your cite below.

Let's watch!

>>======================================================
>Citation: Ronald Reagan: "Remarks at the Annual Dinner of the
>Conservative Political Action Conference," March 1, 1985. Online by
>Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project.
>http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=38274.
>
>"Freedom movements arise and assert themselves. They're doing so on
>almost every continent populated by man-in the hills of Afghanistan,
>in Angola, in Kampuchea, in Central America. In making mention of
>freedom fighters, all of us are privileged to have in our midst
>tonight one of the brave commanders who lead the Afghan freedom
>fighters—Abdul Haq. Abdul Haq, we are with you.
>
>They are our brothers, these freedom fighters, and we owe them our
>help. I've spoken recently of the freedom fighters of Nicaragua. You
>know the truth about them. You know who they're fighting and why. They
>are the moral equal of our Founding Fathers and the brave men and
>women of the French Resistance."
>
>http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=38274

BWAH ah ha haha ha ha ha hah a ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah ah aah!

Your fake Reagan quote exposed by.... YOURSELF!

Fuck you're stupid, Gary.

Mr. B1ack

Nov 6, 2015, 9:52:30 PM11/6/15
On Fri, 6 Nov 2015 06:24:14 -0800 (PST), competeti...@gmail.com
wrote:
>Yes correct. For example, this newsgroups could be used to
>actually itemize an issue of political/social importance and then
>discuss the right way it should be solved, and why exactly if
>there is an impediment, who or what should be changed.
>
>Constantly espousing disingenuous political propaganda,
>fake conspiracies, and fear mongering just makes the
>stupid stay stupid.

Hmm ... but IS that the purpose of these groups ... to
find solutions ? Some people just wanna blow off some
steam, indulge a little conversation - and the konspiracy
nuts really *believe* and are convinced they're saving
the country/world/etc by revealing all the dark plots and
plotters.

In short, these groups really don't HAVE a "purpose"
per-se, no official function. People are free to go on
about whatever.

In the old days you'd get bona-fide experts chime in,
back when usenet was small and still popular with
academics. I'd had a few conversations with Marv
Minsky, the old AI guru, back in the day for example.
Now it's "popularized" - Twitter but with no length
restrictions.

So, if you want to solve issues you'll have to do that
on your own - that's allowed too - but twits, nutters,
extremists and agitators are likewise free to get right
into the middle of your quest. Also, without "experts"
or "important people", any "solutions" may not GO
anywhere. Such is life, yer just a voice in the crowd.
You'd get further starting an alien konspiracy radio
show on some tiny station for the tinfoil hat crowd.
THATwould probably get syndicated :-)

And finally bear in mind what I've said before about
how 'human issues' are ridiculously subjective - so
what seems like a great and reasonable solution
to problem 'X' may not play anywhere else in the
world, or even down the block. Heh, I see endless
posts about "What blacks ought to do", mostly
from middle-class WASPS, that would NEVER
play down in the 'hood.