Feigned Outrage

Cliff

May 27, 2009, 4:36:19 AM5/27/09
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124338235286356521.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
"The GOP's Feigned Outrage
It takes chutzpah to protest what you've created."
[
Those who followed news coverage of the "tea party" protests last month will
recall that one target of the partiers' ire was the TARP bailout of the banking
system -- a policy of the Bush administration that President Obama has carried
on.

And yet, in a television interview last month, we find no less a representative
of the late administration than former Vice President Dick Cheney endorsing the
protesters' accusations with what is, for him, considerable enthusiasm. "I
thought the tea parties were great," he told Fox News's Sean Hannity. "It's
basically a very healthy development."

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, one of the Republican Party's few remaining
stars, has also cheered the public's willingness to "fight back against Wall
Street and Washington insiders."

A Republican who wants to fight Wall Street! A Bush official who thinks
protesting Bush policies is "great"! Contemplating these curiosities, we begin
to realize how easy it has been for conservatives to swing back into
full-throated opposition only months after their cataclysmic defeat.
]

[
As an example of this habit of mind, consider the essay that Mr. Gingrich
published in Human Events last week. "The current liberal bloodlust over
interrogations," he wrote, referring to the Nancy Pelosi-CIA flap, is merely
"the Left's attempt to hunt down and purge its political opponents." And yet, in
a different essay he published on the very same day (this one in the Washington
Times), Mr. Gingrich regretted that, in all the years of Republican rule, "there
was a strategic failure to root out the left and the special interests of the
left."

Mr. Gingrich's side failed to "root out" and destroy their opponents; now he
imagines that this is what is being done to his team.
]
[
In his much-discussed speech last Thursday, Mr. Cheney intoned, "We hear from
some quarters nothing but feigned outrage based on a false narrative." And so we
do: A form of protest that persistently misses the point, a type of populism
that only empowers the elite, and a brand of idealism that cohabits comfortably
with corruption.
]

Proctologically Violated��

May 27, 2009, 2:04:43 PM5/27/09

"Cliff" <Clhu...@aol.com> wrote in message

Remember the world of Bizarro, in the old Superman comics? The home of the
Anti-Sillygism and anti-logic, which is essentially what Gunner et al uses.

Well, it's rahcheer. More strikingly with Big Tobacco, telling you not to
smoke!
Holy Shit, just how does DAT compute? Dats like dividing by effing zero!
Another one of Gunner's talents: divide by zero, get a finite number -- any
number you want, in fact.

The bottom line, it doesn't matter what you do or say, really.
Just don't get caught with hookers or get photo'd getting blown in an
airport bathroom -- or the white house, for that matter.

BUT, you CAN take Pubic money and essentially burn it, in the form of
bonuses, $600 hammers/toilet seats, eminent domain for private interests,
etc.
Lots of flutter and clucking, but nuthin really happens.

Cuz no culpables are dangling from the end of ropes, yet.
Except us, financially.
--

Mr. PV'd

Hey, Big Boy, is that a wad (of cash) in yer pocket, or are you just
glad to see me??

Gunner Asch

Jun 14, 2009, 4:03:44 PM6/14/09
On Wed, 27 May 2009 14:04:43 -0400, "Proctologically Violated��"
<UNfi...@UNoptonline.net> wrote:

>Remember the world of Bizarro, in the old Superman comics? The home of the
>Anti-Sillygism and anti-logic, which is essentially what Gunner et al uses.
>
>Well, it's rahcheer. More strikingly with Big Tobacco, telling you not to
>smoke!
>Holy Shit, just how does DAT compute? Dats like dividing by effing zero!
>Another one of Gunner's talents: divide by zero, get a finite number -- any
>number you want, in fact.

So....how many hours did you work the last 3 weeks?

Chuckle

Gunner

Fredric L. Rice

Jun 14, 2009, 7:53:33 PM6/14/09

Does the hour working on yo momma count? }:-}

---
Alabama should leave.

Gunner Asch

Jun 15, 2009, 1:09:38 AM6/15/09

ROFLMAO!

Good un!

Though Id be surprised if she didnt kick you out if you only lasted an
hour.
<G>

Gunner

Fredric L. Rice

Jun 15, 2009, 9:18:58 PM6/15/09
Gunner Asch <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:
>On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:53:33 GMT, fr...@skeptictank.org (Fredric L. Rice) wrote:
>>Gunner Asch <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:
>>>So....how many hours did you work the last 3 weeks?
>>Does the hour working on yo momma count? }:-}
>ROFLMAO!
>Good un!
>Though Id be surprised if she didnt kick you out if you only lasted an hour.

LOL! Our mothers had a lot in common! }:-}

---
Alabama should leave.