Viral EMAIL ALERT !! Propaganda from Marble Falls, TX

Doug Bashford

Mar 29, 2010, 11:39:58 AM3/29/10

=========== sample:

THIS IS THE 2ND OFFICIAL WHO HAS OUTLINED
THESE PARTS OF THE CARE BILL

Subject: : Judge Kithil of Marble Falls , TX - HB3200 highlighted
pages most egregious

Please read this........ especially the reference to pages 58 &
59

JUDGE KITHIL wrote:

"I have reviewed selected sections of the bill, and find
it unbelievable that our Congress, led by Speaker Nancy Pelosi,
could come up with a bill loaded with so many wrong-headed
elements."

"Both Republicans and Democrats are equally responsible
for the financial mess of both Social Security and Medicare
programs."

"I am opposed to HB 3200 for a number of reasons.

To start with, it is estimated that a federal bureaucracy of more
than 150,000 new employees will be required to administer HB3200.
That is an unacceptable expansion of a government that is already
too intrusive in our lives. If we are going to hire 150,000 new
employees, let's put them to
work protecting our borders, fighting the massive drug problem
and putting more law enforcement/firefighters out there."

JUDGE KITHIL continued: "Other problems I have with
this bill include:

** Page 50/section 152: The bill will provide insurance
to all non-U.S. residents, even if they are here illegally.

** Page 58 and 59: The government will have
real-time access to an individual's bank account and will have
the authority to make electronic fund transfers from those
accounts.

** Page 65/section 164: The plan will be subsidized (by
the government) for all union members, union retirees and for
community organizations (such as the Association of Community
Organizations for Reform Now - ACORN).

** Page 203/line 14-15: The tax imposed under this
section will not be treated as a tax. (How could anybody in
their right mind come up with that?)

** Page 241 and 253: Doctors will all be paid the same
regardless of specialty, and the government will set all doctors'
fees.

** Page 272. section 1145: Cancer hospital will ration
care according to the patient's age.

** Page 317 and 321: The government will impose a
prohibition on hospital expansion; however, communities may
petition for an exception.

=============end sample

....No. It failed the test, we need know nothing more.
Assume politicians are not subhuman.
If a politician attempted that it would be political suicide.
So it's false.

OK, that's logical testing.
It failed.
Now factual testing.

The urban legend site we trust:
www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/frazer.asp

Near the bottom, it points us here:

www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2009/jul/30/e-mail-analysis-health-bill-needs-check-/

E-mail 'analysis' of health bill needs a check-up

It may be the longest chain e-mail we've ever received. A
page-by-page analysis of the House health care bill argues that
reform will end the health care system as we know it: "Page 29:
Admission: your health care will be rationed! ... Page 42: The
'Health Choices Commissioner' will decide health benefits for
you. You will have no choice. ... Page 50: All non-US citizens,
illegal or not, will be provided with free health care services."

Most of what the e-mail says is wrong. In fact, it's a
clearinghouse of bad information circulating around the Web about
proposed health care changes, so we thought it would be helpful
to address a bunch of its claims.

To check this e-mail, we read the health care bill ourselves.
Yes, it's over 1,000 pages long, but that's not as long as you
might think: The document has large margins, so the text only
takes up about one third of each page.

We also read the bill's legislative summary, a report published
by the House that explains the bill in greater detail.

Finally, we consulted with Jennifer Tolbert, an independent
health care analyst at the Kaiser Family Foundation, a
nonpartisan foundation that studies health care reform. Tolbert
has read and analyzed all the major health proposals, including
those of the Republicans, and the foundation provides
point-by-point analyses of the plans on its Web site.

We're hardened, battle-scarred fact-checkers, so false claims in
e-mails don't really surprise us anymore. But we sent Tolbert a
copy of the latest from our in-box, and she was none too pleased.

"It's awful," she said. "It's flat-out, blatant lies. It's
unbelievable to me how they can claim to reference the
legislation and then make claims that are blatantly false."

The claim that the bill provides free health care for illegal
immigrants is particularly egregious, Tolbert said. "No one's
provided with free health care. That's ridiculous," she said.

So we've checked it logically.
It failed the sniff test.
We've checked it factually.
It failed.

Personally, I trust logical tests more, and
they often require less effort.

The insane twist the facts to fit their world view.
The rational change their world view to fit the facts.