The Red Green Show - the entire series on dvd

lady...@yahoo.com

Feb 21, 2009, 9:38:11 PM2/21/09
Message has been deleted

chuckcar

Feb 22, 2009, 2:17:09 PM2/22/09
Babaganoosh <n...@spam.fried> wrote in
news:Tb5ol.3244$rb1....@newsfe02.iad:

> Addendum: Okay, now I know these sites are pirate bullshit. One of them
> claims:
>
> "There is a section of the American copyright law known as "The Berne
> Act" that Clearly states: films unreleased in the United States,
> including original versions of films altered and/or edited for release
> in the United States, are NOT protected by American copyright; thus,
> they are considered public domain. The entire purpose of our website is
> to provide otherwise unavailable films or television shows to the
> serious collector."
>
> Which is of course total crap, because Berne means exactly the opposite:
> Copyright must be accepted *anywhere*.

No, it only applied (until below) to each political/legal unit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berne_Convention_for_the_Protection_of_Literary_and_Artistic_Works

Note: it's called the "Berne *Convention" *not* the Berne Act. An act is
not a law of course either.

BTW it *isn't* US law in any manner. It's an international agreement
naturally.

My bet however is that it's a scam to get money for nothing (and their
chicks for free <g>)

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Chris Odorjan

Feb 22, 2009, 8:46:14 PM2/22/09
On 02/22/09 12:15 AM, Babaganoosh wrote:

> Addendum: Okay, now I know these sites are pirate bullshit.

I know I had two or three people email me just after the show went off
the air to see if these sites were legit -- at least one had their
credit card number stolen through them, too.

--
Chris Odorjan - codo...@gmail.com - http://www.execulink.com/~bobnet/

Greg

Feb 22, 2009, 10:50:32 PM2/22/09
On Feb 21, 8:38 pm, ladya...@yahoo.com wrote:
> http://www.planetdvdstore.com/product.php?productid=3456786
>
> http://www.dcmagicbox.com/red-green-show-dvd-collection.html?gclid=CI...

I'll believe it when I see them available on amazon.com! Until then,
BEWARE!! If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!!!

Greg

Message has been deleted

LadyA

Feb 25, 2009, 4:00:52 AM2/25/09
> Babaganoosh <n...@spam.fried> wrote:
> I'm not convinced this is legal. We've all heard of fly-by-night pirate
> outfits that purport to offer 'complete series' on DVD. Prove to us that
> this is not one of those.

I was just looking to see what all is out there series wise when I
came across those products and sites. I didn't intend to make a
purchase from them since I don't buy from unknown companies, so I
didn't investigate their legitimacy. However, after this was brought
to my attention, I ran the names through the BBB website and I see
that one place if unknown, and the other has had nemours negative
complaints. It's also obvious just from the layout and design of the
sites that they are one in the same.

Too bad the complete series of the Red Green show isn't available on
dvd. I would imagine there is a demand for them, since any true Red
Green fan would jump at the chance to have them. I would love to have
the entire series, because with fifteen years of shows, I'm sure
there's many I've never seen. Hopefully one day I will see them grace
the shelves of Borders.