Help! Death sound clips.

Kirei

Apr 6, 2002, 5:27:12 PM4/6/02
Hello -- I'm new on this group, it's nice to finally find a place to share my
obsession! I've been into Pterry and, more specifically, the Discworld books,
for about 4 or 5 years now (and recently also an addiction to Good Omens -- I
can't wait for the movie).

Anyway, I have a request. I recently got the Soul Music DVD (which I need to
return, as episode 3 on mine won't work... ::cries::) and I was talking to a
friend online about how amazing Christopher Lee as Death is, when suddenly she
said I should record a clip of him for her. Now, I don't really have the audio
setup to do this properly. Does anyone have any clips of Christopher Lee's
Death that they can send to me, or direct me to a website that has any?

Thanks!

Kirei
AFU no Scandalous Video
Miki's Prince
UtenaCode(1.0) U:6 F:Hi++SP+++:pBR D:To->Ak--:pOA X:*:a39[AM]+ M:f"Rinbu
Revolution," "Toki ni Ai Wa," "Last Evolution"d"Fuuin Jubaku"
Wai wai!

X Kyle M Thompson

Apr 8, 2002, 10:01:19 AM4/8/02
Kirei <kirei...@aol.comieatspam> wrote:

> recently also an addiction to Good Omens -- I can't wait for the
> movie).

there's going to be a film of bad omens? why did no-one tell me? ah a
quick google reaveals Terry Gilliham's involvement. that'll be a good
one then... do we have finalised details (actors, dates, etc) or is it
a wait and see?

kt

--
I bought some HP sauce the other day. It's costing me 6p a month for
the next 2 years

---

Orjan Westin

Apr 8, 2002, 10:28:51 AM4/8/02

X Kyle M Thompson <k...@kylet.deletethisandthedot.co.uk> wrote in message

> Kirei <kirei...@aol.comieatspam> wrote:
>
> > recently also an addiction to Good Omens -- I can't wait for the
> > movie).
>
> there's going to be a film of bad omens?

No.

Ow

X Kyle M Thompson

Apr 8, 2002, 12:08:02 PM4/8/02

Oh. I was reading about it at 'break-time'[1] Johnny Depp and robin
Williams? I read on Neil Gaimen's website

<paraphrase>
"afaik the film is going ahead"
</paraphrase>

dated 22nd march.

shame. but how many good book have really been made into good films? I
can't think of one.
except "one flew over the cuckoo's nest"; "the shining"; "the green
mile"; um, etc.

quite a few, then. damn, there goes another perfectly good argument.

kt

[1] that sounds like I'm still at school doesn't it? give me a better
term to use and I will.

--
Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars.
Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.

mrtn

Apr 8, 2002, 2:00:11 PM4/8/02
X Kyle M Thompson wrote:
> Kirei <kirei...@aol.comieatspam> wrote:
>
>> recently also an addiction to Good Omens -- I can't wait for the
>> movie).
>
> there's going to be a film of bad omens? why did no-one tell me? ah a
> quick google reaveals Terry Gilliham's involvement. that'll be a good
> one then... do we have finalised details (actors, dates, etc) or is it
> a wait and see?
>
> kt

I don't have any dates, don't know 'bout the others.

mrtn wearing coat

James Green

Apr 8, 2002, 2:12:22 PM4/8/02
In article <LUks8.6242$cq.33...@news01.chello.se>, use.reply@instead
says...

> I don't have any dates, don't know 'bout the others.

Well, just out of interest, what are you doing this friday?
I'm sure there'll be those out there who would be interested to know..

James
It's the leather one on the hanger, there. Thanks.

Orjan Westin

Apr 8, 2002, 2:45:41 PM4/8/02

> Orjan Westin <NospamRepla...@cunobaros.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > X Kyle M Thompson <k...@kylet.deletethisandthedot.co.uk> wrote in
> > message news:1018274480.8137.0...@news.demon.co.uk...

> >> there's going to be a film of bad omens?

> > No.
>
> Oh. I was reading about it at 'break-time'[1] Johnny Depp and robin
> Williams? I read on Neil Gaimen's website

Yeah, well, that's *Good* Omens.

Orjan

Kevin Hackett

Apr 8, 2002, 4:05:25 PM4/8/02

"Orjan Westin" <spamtraprepl...@cunobaros.demon.co.uk> wrote in
message news:1018291448.9427.0...@news.demon.co.uk...

>"X Kyle M Thompson" wrote
>>Orjan Westin wrote:
>>> X Kyle M Thompson wrote in

>>> No.
>>
>> Oh. I was reading about it at 'break-time'[1] Johnny Depp and robin
>> Williams? I read on Neil Gaimen's website
>
> Yeah, well, that's *Good* Omens.

Also, beside the wrong name, according to Total Film magazine (which is
pretty good at this, and also had an interview with Mr. Gilliam where they
got this via horse-mouth), the whole thing's fallen through again. No
funding forthcoming. Exact quote of quote:

"We've been trying to raise the money. I thought we had it, but it doesn't
look like we do now. I think it's another one that's collapsed"

So, it's back to Development Hell it goes... sorry to be the bearer of bad
news

Cheers,
Kevin
I don't so much have hairstyles as fail to avoid them

Florian Lambers

Apr 8, 2002, 6:58:24 PM4/8/02
Kevin Hackett wrote:

> So, it's back to Development Hell it goes... sorry to be the bearer of bad
> news

Well, then let's...

... KILL THE MESSENGER *g*

Florian

X Kyle M Thompson

Apr 9, 2002, 5:02:30 AM4/9/02
Orjan Westin <spamtraprepl...@cunobaros.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> "X Kyle M Thompson" <k...@kylet.deletethisandthedot.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:1018282083.12440....@news.demon.co.uk...

>> Orjan Westin <NospamRepla...@cunobaros.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>> X Kyle M Thompson <k...@kylet.deletethisandthedot.co.uk> wrote in
>>> message news:1018274480.8137.0.nnrp-
>>> 12.3e...@news.demon.co.uk...

>>> No.
>> Oh. I was reading about it at 'break-time' Johnny Depp and robin

>> Williams? I read on Neil Gaimen's website
> Yeah, well, that's *Good* Omens.

oh yes... oops. i wonder where i got 'bad' from?

edge...@hotmail.com

Apr 9, 2002, 9:34:42 PM4/9/02
all sorts of info about it at:

http://www.smart.co.uk/dreams/

looks like it is on hold, but not dead... no casting announcements...
eveerthing to this point is speculation

AH Willis

Apr 10, 2002, 6:48:35 PM4/10/02
In message <3CB22090...@in.tum.de> , Florian Lambers
<lam...@in.tum.de> wrote

Florian, don't you dare! As the only one of my afpiances that actually
posts to AFP these days (albeit very rarely) Kevin is a protected
endangered species. The sunburn at CCDE2000 didn't get him, nor did the
radioactive orange cider at CCDE2001, so you'd better not do anything to
stop him posting if he's back again, or you'll have me to answer to...

Oh and nice to see you back Kevin - I've dug out an old sig of yours in
your honour
--
AH Willis - Ali from #afp (valid reply-to, but my name works faster)
A misunderstanding is when the other person accidentally guesses what you

mrtn

Apr 10, 2002, 8:24:54 PM4/10/02
James Green wrote:
> In article <LUks8.6242$cq.33...@news01.chello.se>, use.reply@instead
> says...
>
>> I don't have any dates, don't know 'bout the others.
>
> Well, just out of interest, what are you doing this friday?
> I'm sure there'll be those out there who would be interested to know..

Oh, don't know? Washing my hair, maybe?
Or going to a cheesy 80's disco. I hope it's more of the goth/synth
80's, and less of Kylie Minogue.

mrtn

Kevin Hackett

Apr 11, 2002, 4:11:16 PM4/11/02

"AH Willis" <jun...@asphalt.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

>In message <3CB22090...@in.tum.de> , Florian Lambers
><lam...@in.tum.de> wrote
>>Kevin Hackett wrote:
>>
>>> So, it's back to Development Hell it goes... sorry to be the bearer
>>> of bad news
>>>

>>Well, then let's...
>>
>>... KILL THE MESSENGER *g*
>>

>Florian, don't you dare! As the only one of my afpiances that actually
>posts to AFP these days (albeit very rarely) Kevin is a protected
>endangered species.

Protected good. I'm comfortable with protected. Endangered? Something
you're not telling me? Look, I don't have a good head for trophies. I
would not look good on your wall. If nothing else I'll dribble on your
carpet.

Which reminds me, in an attempt to battle the fad for 'Singing Trout' and
other singing trophies, I had the idea known as 'The Screaming Deer'. Every
time you walk past it screams a variation on 'AAAAAAAAARGH! I'VE BEEN SHOT!
MEDIC! HELP! GET ROLF! THUMPER SET ME UP!'' and 'Does my bum look big in
this? Wait a second.... AAAAARGH! IT'S GONE!'

I also do children's parties...

>The sunburn at CCDE2000 didn't get him,

People laughed when Radioactive Man emerged from his tent, but they all came
back that night to warm their hands over my neck...

>nor did the
>radioactive orange cider at CCDE2001,

Beware a drink that has no brand but is named by colour. Not as bad/good as
the scrumpy in '99. You didn't get drunk so much as have an out of body
experience (albeit only by a few inches). Also it cleaned your teeth.
Useful but disturbing side effect

And I still owe you a pint, dear. Hell, I owe Doc a pint from the first
one.

>so you'd better not do anything to
>stop him posting if he's back again, or you'll have me to answer to...

Aw, that's sweet. In a kind of 'Red Sonja' way

>Oh and nice to see you back Kevin - I've dug out an old sig of yours in
>your honour

That one almost made sense. I must've been ill.

Got the newsreader running properly for the commute, I pop in on the
big-screen version while I send and recieve when I get home, so I should be
pretty much back to my old routine. In other words...

I'M BACK

Cheers,
Kevin
That sounded more dramatic in my head

Gid Holyoake

Apr 12, 2002, 3:39:28 AM4/12/02
In article <a94ql3$elh$1...@helle.btinternet.com>, Kevin Hackett generously
decided to share with us..

Snippetry..

> In other words...
>
> I'M BACK

Oh no.. run away, run away, run away..

Gid

Eric Jarvis

Apr 12, 2002, 7:24:30 AM4/12/02
In article <a94ql3$elh$1...@helle.btinternet.com>,
kev...@thetaffia.netscapeonline.co.uk says...

that'll improve the signal to noise ratio no end

erm...second thoughts, maybe not...but it'll be a better class of noise

--
eric
"if a thing is worth doing,

Terry Pratchett

Apr 12, 2002, 8:31:12 AM4/12/02
In article <3cb397e5...@news.earthlink.net>, edge...@hotmail.com
writes

>all sorts of info about it at:
>
>http://www.smart.co.uk/dreams/
>
>looks like it is on hold, but not dead... no casting announcements...
>eveerthing to this point is speculation

The difference between me and Neil in our attitude to movie projects is
that he doesn't believe they're going to happen until he's sitting in
his seat eating popcorn, and I don't believe they're going to happen.

--
Terry Pratchett

Sanity

Apr 12, 2002, 9:09:52 AM4/12/02
to alt.fan.pratchett
In article <QYQNkjAQ...@unseen.demon.co.uk>,
Terry Pratchett <Te...@unseen.demon.co.uk> wrote:

But there has been spent some money already, right? Wouldn't the
Bosses complain and hurry it up and make things happens, so they can
make money out of it?

Michel
reply-to sanity at klijmij.net valid

--
"To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of
the first requisites of sanity." (Oscar Wilde, 1854 - 1900)

Bringing Sanity to AFP since 2001 http://sanity.klijmij.net/

Sherilyn

Apr 12, 2002, 5:38:26 PM4/12/02
In message-id <KLJM66...@klijmij.xs4all.nl>,

Sanity <miche...@klijmij.net> wrote:
> In article <QYQNkjAQ...@unseen.demon.co.uk>,
> Terry Pratchett <Te...@unseen.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> In article <3cb397e5...@news.earthlink.net>, edge...@hotmail.com
>> writes
>> >all sorts of info about it at:
>> >
>> >http://www.smart.co.uk/dreams/
>> >
>> >looks like it is on hold, but not dead... no casting announcements...
>> >eveerthing to this point is speculation
>>
>> The difference between me and Neil in our attitude to movie projects is
>> that he doesn't believe they're going to happen until he's sitting in
>> his seat eating popcorn, and I don't believe they're going to happen.
>
> But there has been spent some money already, right? Wouldn't the
> Bosses complain and hurry it up and make things happens, so they can
> make money out of it?

Not all movies break even, so just because money has been spent on a
project doesn't mean you will make money by investing in it. They
currently have a script, a cast, and a director, but they're shy some
tens of millions of dollars. Gilliam can afford to move on and find a
project that will cost less (Tideland). Since there is no studio
backing, without a director committed the project will tend to founder.
--
Sherilyn

FlynnGroovy

Apr 13, 2002, 12:33:09 AM4/13/02
Y'know folks, I'm with Neil. Don't belive it till your watching the end
credits roll.

Still - it'ds a great idea. Just keep that stupid Osmlet 9however you spell it
- the terror at the center of that crap A.I. pic) kid out of it and I'd be
first in line

stay groovy,
Flynn

Sherilyn

Apr 13, 2002, 6:22:12 AM4/13/02
In message-id <20020413003309...@mb-bk.aol.com>,
By the time it gets made, I suspect he'll be in line to play Crowley. :)

Which Pratchett novel would you cast Billy Bob Thornton in, and as what
character?
--
Sherilyn

Mary Messall

Apr 13, 2002, 6:40:51 AM4/13/02
Kevin Hackett wrote:
<snip>

> Got the newsreader running properly for the commute, I pop in on the
> big-screen version while I send and recieve when I get home, so I should be
> pretty much back to my old routine. In other words...
> I'M BACK
> That sounded more dramatic in my head

Oh, it was very dramatic. Startled me out of my chair. Made an
embarassing "Yip!" noise and knocked over two other chairs in the
process. Public computer room, too.

-Mary

Graycat

Apr 13, 2002, 7:54:34 AM4/13/02

Haley Joel Osment I think. I just think Robin Williams should be kept
far away from anything I might want to see.

Elin

Paul E. Jamison

Apr 13, 2002, 5:27:02 PM4/13/02
Graycat wrote:

I rather like Robin Williams. With me it's Jim Carrey. The trailers
from the Ace Ventura movies practically guaranteed that I would
NOT go to see the films!

Paul E. Jamison

--

"There's more pressure on a vet to get it right.
People say 'It was God's will' when Granny dies,

David Chapman

Apr 13, 2002, 5:44:22 PM4/13/02
Paul E. Jamison <paul...@infi.net> wrote in message

> I rather like Robin Williams. With me it's Jim Carrey. The trailers
> from the Ace Ventura movies practically guaranteed that I would
> NOT go to see the films!

Jim Carrey can act very well when they let him. I first saw
him in The Dead Pool before he was famous, and I've come
to the conclusion that he's merely useless as a comedian. As
an actor he's quite good; he should do more serious roles.

--
"Do you just keep your newbies locked up in cages all alone?"

"Of course! That's what pets are for!"

gra...@affordable-leather.co.ukdeletethis

Apr 14, 2002, 4:38:14 PM4/14/02
Hi there,

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002 11:54:34 GMT, grayca...@hotmail.com (Graycat)
wrote:

>I just think Robin Williams should be kept far away from anything I might
>want to see.

Apart from Aladdin. RW as the Genie makes that film worth watching.

Cheers,
Graham.

gra...@affordable-leather.co.ukdeletethis

Apr 14, 2002, 4:38:15 PM4/14/02
Hi there,

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002 14:27:02 -0700, "Paul E. Jamison"
<paul...@infi.net> wrote:

>> I just think Robin Williams should be kept far away from anything
>>I might want to see.
>I rather like Robin Williams. With me it's Jim Carrey. The trailers
>from the Ace Ventura movies practically guaranteed that I would
>NOT go to see the films!

Jim Carrey was great in The Mask. Unfortunately (IMO) in everything
else he sucked.

Cheers,
Graham.

Harsh Sukthankar

Apr 14, 2002, 5:06:42 PM4/14/02
gra...@affordable-leather.co.ukDELETETHIS did quoth:

I've heard that he was fine in The Truman Show. Not seen it yet, but I
intend to, one of these days.

--
"Bother!" said Pooh. "Get me out of this .sig!"

Sherilyn

Apr 14, 2002, 5:10:39 PM4/14/02
In message-id <MPG.1723bac0f2628a79989685@nntp>,
It's straight. Not bad, but the part doesn't give him much scope.
--
Sherilyn

Adrian Ogden

Apr 14, 2002, 9:08:16 PM4/14/02
Harsh Sukthankar <hjsukt...@hotmail.com> writes:

He was very good in The Truman Show, and it's a film well worth seeing.
I've also heard good things about Man In The Moon, I intend to check
that out too.

And I also liked him in Batman Forever; he made an excellent Riddler.
OTT, yes, but in a style which befitted the part. It seems he's fine
when he's got to play a part in someone else's movie; that way he's got
inbuilt constraints on what his character has to be. If it's his movie,
or someone writes a Jim Carrey Part(TM), then he's free to go wherever
his excesses take him. Not pretty.

--
<< Adrian Ogden -- "Sic Biscuitus Disintegrat" -- www.rdg.ac.uk/~sssogadr/ >>

"No I'm sodding not, I'm People Covered In Fish!"

David Jensen

Apr 15, 2002, 12:27:42 AM4/15/02
On 15 Apr 2002 01:08:16 GMT, in alt.fan.pratchett
ssso...@reading.ac.uk (Adrian Ogden) wrote in
<a9d960$6s8$1...@vins1.reading.ac.uk>:

I like Robin Williams and Jim Carrey better than their usual work. They
both need very strong directors to keep their parts from becoming
stand-up impromptus (Groucho Marx being another one who was not noted
for staying with the script), which, however fun, tend to break up the
movies.

Chris Ahchay

Apr 15, 2002, 8:30:20 AM4/15/02
Harsh Sukthankar <hjsukt...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Jim Carrey was great in The Mask. Unfortunately (IMO) in everything
> > else he sucked.
>
> I've heard that he was fine in The Truman Show. Not seen it yet, but I
> intend to, one of these days.

Do so. do so. do so. Do it now. Go on...

The Truman Show is a storming filum which, for some reason which I
never fully understood (probably the Carrey factor) didn't really
do as well as it deserved - the fact that it came out at around
the same time as Ed:tv which had a similar premise[1] didn't
really help, Ed:tv seemed to get more critical praise.

I actually thought there was something essentially Dickian (as in
Philip K) about the plot[2] - without spoiling it (hey, the basic
premise of the film is layed out in the trailer) too much, the film
is an essay on peoples (doesn't matter whose) perceptions of reality.
Or am I getting too analytical about this?

Anyway, I digress... The Truman show is one of my favourite
recent films, and it is far, far, far and away the best Jim Carrey
film I've seen. My opinion of him has changed somewhat since
seeing it as I'd only really seen those horrible Ace Ventura things
before that (and the Puzzler thing in whichever batflick he was
in) and had mentally tagged him as "generic rubber faced comedy
bloke". Having now caught up on (one or two) of his other acting
credits, I reckon he's a pretty decent actor - when he want's to
be although he still falls back on that mad-eyed sideways stare
thing a bit too much.

Cheers
Chris

[1]In the minds of the great unwashed at least. It's a bit like all
of those people who maintain that Antz & A bugs life are essentially
the same because they both feature colonies of insects...
[2]Only without the drugs and oblique religious references.[3]
[3]As an aside, I went to see Gosford Park at the weekend and saw
the trailer for Minority Report. I am _so_ excited!!!!! (even with
the Tom Cruise thing)

Graycat

Apr 15, 2002, 11:44:38 AM4/15/02
On 15 Apr 2002 05:30:20 -0700, ch...@arcadenirvana.com (Chris Ahchay)
wrote:

>Harsh Sukthankar <hjsukt...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Jim Carrey was great in The Mask. Unfortunately (IMO) in everything
>> > else he sucked.
>>
>> I've heard that he was fine in The Truman Show. Not seen it yet, but I
>> intend to, one of these days.
>
>Do so. do so. do so. Do it now. Go on...

I agree, it's a good movie. Unlike most Carrey movies it actually has
a point. I like both Jim Carrey and Robin Williams fine when they
don't try too be funny and, most importantly, keeps the improv ratio
very very low.

Elin

Graycat

Apr 15, 2002, 11:45:20 AM4/15/02

Alas, I was still a child and I've only seen it in Swedish. Never
liked it too much either...

Elin

Sherilyn

Apr 15, 2002, 12:06:38 PM4/15/02
In message-id <3cbaf477...@news1.telia.com>, grayca...@hotmail.com
wrote:

[...]

>I like both Jim Carrey and Robin Williams fine when they
>don't try too be funny and, most importantly, keeps the improv ratio
>very very low.

Isn't that rather missing the point, though? Like saying Mort is a good
story, if only Terry would "just lose the Death angle". :)

Like it or loath it, they're both very good improvisational comics.
--
Sherilyn

The Stainless Steel Cat

Apr 15, 2002, 1:48:12 PM4/15/02
In article <qJ4t8.6453$cq.39...@news01.chello.se>,
"mrtn" <use.reply@instead> wrote:

If you have too much Kylie, pop her in a jiffy bag and send her off to me.

She'll go nice on my mantlepiece next to my stuffed Joe Dolce.

Cat.
--
La Rustimuna ^Stalkato
stee...@mac.comtrousers

gra...@affordable-leather.co.ukdeletethis

Apr 15, 2002, 2:43:57 PM4/15/02
Hi there,

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002 21:06:42 GMT, Harsh Sukthankar
<hjsukt...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Jim Carrey was great in The Mask. Unfortunately (IMO) in everything
>> else he sucked.
>
>I've heard that he was fine in The Truman Show. Not seen it yet, but I
>intend to, one of these days.

He was good in the sense that he didn't go in for masses of clowning
around, but, for me, it ended up feeling mawkish.

I feel that The Truman Show was a missed opportunity, it could have
said a lot more about the increasing "surveillance society" and media
intrusion into people's private lives.

If I'd been making it, I would have looked to Network as my model, eg
that sublimely ridiculous scene where the media are negotiating with
the terrorist group for coverage of their operations and the
associated royalty and residual rights.

I think TTS should have had shown more of the external manipulation of
the show to keep it in its prime position and the competition with
other networks who would, surely, have come up with their own versions
to get a "slice of the pie".

Cheers,
Graham.

gra...@affordable-leather.co.ukdeletethis

Apr 15, 2002, 2:47:13 PM4/15/02
Hi there,

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:44:38 GMT, grayca...@hotmail.com (Graycat)
wrote:

>I like both Jim Carrey and Robin Williams fine when they
>don't try too be funny and, most importantly, keeps the improv ratio
>very very low.

Wheras, for me, RW is much better when he's doing his pure improvised
comedy stuff (eg in Aladdin).

Good Morning Vietnam did rather result in Williams over-riding the
main characters part (the only name I can think of at the moment is
Crowley!), but frankly, for me, the improvised bits are the best part
and the rest of the film limps.

Cheers,
Graham.

gra...@affordable-leather.co.ukdeletethis

Apr 15, 2002, 2:47:14 PM4/15/02
Hi there,

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:45:20 GMT, grayca...@hotmail.com (Graycat)
wrote:

>>>I just think Robin Williams should be kept far away from anything I might
>>>want to see.
>>Apart from Aladdin. RW as the Genie makes that film worth watching.
>
>Alas, I was still a child and I've only seen it in Swedish. Never
>liked it too much either...

Hmm, I have no idea how they would have dubbed Aladdin, I expect
trying to translate RW's freewheeling style would be even more
difficult than doing it with Pterry's books.

Cheers,
Graham.

Graycat

Apr 15, 2002, 2:47:38 PM4/15/02
On 15 Apr 2002 09:06:38 -0700, Sherilyn <sher...@suespammers.org>
wrote:

I guess I don't share their sense of humour. I think they are decent
actors though.

Elin

Sherilyn

Apr 15, 2002, 3:40:32 PM4/15/02
In message-id <3cbb11d4...@news.ntlworld.com>,
If you enjoy Pratchett's wordplay, I think it's a cinch that you would
enjoy Robin Williams' Genii in English. It's said that he gave them
many more hours of improv than they used, and during the promotional
tour the radio studio staff used to just stick him in front of a
microphone for a couple of minutes to see what came out.

Speaking of improv, did anybody hear Frank Bruno's astonishing interview
on Radio 5 Live about three or four months back? Not someone I had
previously associated with wit, he held the studio spellbound for the
duration of his call.
--
Sherilyn

Orjan Westin

Apr 16, 2002, 5:06:49 AM4/16/02
<gra...@affordable-leather.co.ukDELETETHIS> wrote in message

Yes, but I was actually quite impressed with it. The actor doing the part
in the dub can do pretty much the same stuff, but he was limited by there
being an existing movie. RW was in many scenes given a suggestion and then
they made the animation fit what he said. Not only lip sync, but a lot of
other stuff as well. Dan Ekborg was given a script that fitted with that
animation and was told to try to keep the speed up.

I've heard that the Swedish casting is usually held in high regard by
Disney, although they did complain that Scar in Lion King was better than
the original - they were afraid the kids would find him too scary. Oops.
No pun intended.

Orjan
The original voice for Scar should be put in irons, btw.

gra...@affordable-leather.co.ukdeletethis

Apr 16, 2002, 4:22:21 PM4/16/02
Hi there,

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002 19:40:32 GMT, Sherilyn <sher...@suespammers.org>
wrote:

[Re: Aladdin]

>If you enjoy Pratchett's wordplay, I think it's a cinch that you would
>enjoy Robin Williams' Genii in English. It's said that he gave them
>many more hours of improv than they used

I'd heard the figure quoted at 27 hours!!

Cheers,
Graham.

The Gonzo Lager

Apr 21, 2002, 1:35:50 PM4/21/02
On Sun, 21 Apr 2002 14:43:02 +0100, Bruce Richardson
<ten.x...@ecurbtsi.REVERSE> wrote:

>Graycat <grayca...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I agree, it's a good movie. Unlike most Carrey movies it actually has
>> a point. I like both Jim Carrey and Robin Williams fine when they
>> don't try too be funny and, most importantly, keeps the improv ratio
>> very very low.
>

>Whereas Steve Martin was far funnier when he was doing his thing. The
>Man with 2 Brains, The Jerk, All of Me, all much better than anything he
>did later. OK, All of Me is more restrained but his later films are all
>on lithium.

The one movie that will be destined to fail is the one that stars
Steve Martin, Robin Williams, Jim Carey and Jonathan Winters.

The Gonz'