Re: OT- true - NASA's Deep Space Gateway seen as key to bold plan for Mars and beyond

a425couple

Jan 19, 2018, 1:07:19 PM1/19/18
On 1/19/2018 5:32 AM, Quadibloc wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 4:54:40 PM UTC-7, a425couple wrote:
>
>> Robotic space missions — which by now have visited all of the solar
>> system’s planets — have been incredibly successful, and these have been
>> far cheaper than any mission involving a human crew. And yet, Binzel
>> says, the idea of humans in space sparks the imagination in a way that
>> no robotic mission can: “There’s something impactful about a fellow
>> human being in space, which is hard to quantify. I think it’s all about
>> human curiosity, the human imperative to be explorers.”
>
> Sending humans into space, though, *because* it costs a lot of money, really
> _should_ have a justification that is rational, not merely emotional.
>
> One such justification is obvious: providing for the survival of the species and
> of civilization in the event of difficulties on our crowded and conflict-prone
> Earth.
> John Savard

Yes.
But beyond just living there, they have to be self sufficient
in all critical requirements of living.

If dear mother earth is in global melt down, or total destruction,
the bi-monthly supply ship might be stopped.
Be prepared to live without regular charity!

Did you read that still!!!, on the ISS, there are no
laundry facilities? They wear clothes until they get
'too ripe', then discard for new/fresh.