"Logan's Run", 3 takes on it.

a425couple

Aug 4, 2017, 2:07:45 PM8/4/17
"Logan's Run", 3 takes on it.

"Logan's Run" is a novel by William F. Nolan and George Clayton Johnson.
Published in 1967, it depicts a dystopic ageist future society in which
both population and the consumption of resources are maintained in
equilibrium by requiring the death of everyone reaching the age of 21.
The story follows the actions of Logan, a Sandman charged with enforcing
the rule, as he tracks down and kills citizens who "run" from society's
lethal demand—only to end up "running" himself. ---
When people reach this Lastday they report to a Sleepshop in which they
are willingly executed via a pleasure-inducing toxic gas."

"Logan's Run is a 1976 American science fiction film directed by Michael
Anderson and starring Michael York, Jenny Agutter, Richard Jordan,
Roscoe Lee Browne, Farrah Fawcett, and Peter Ustinov.
It depicts a utopian future society on the surface, revealed as a
dystopia where the population and the consumption of resources are
maintained in equilibrium by killing everyone who reaches the age of 30."
It uses the idea of "Carrousel" [sic] (mix of indoor tornado &
fly zapper to do the renewal!) for eliminating 30-year-olds.
"Themes[edit]
Logan's Run explores utopian and dystopian themes, with the idea that
characters willingly die instead of reaching advanced ages, reflecting
the idea that "Utopias require its participants to give something up in
order to create harmony and uniformity".[22] Common dystopian themes
include an evil ruling authority, the confiscation of children from
parents,[23] life in a city, and the idea of human overpopulation, --
Prominent concepts in the film are "the dangers of hedonism, youth
worship, and, particularly, the dangers of government-sponsored
euthanasia"."

It was also a TV series.
"In the series, Logan begins to question Carousel and the need to die
at 30, and decides to run by himself.
In the film, participants in Carousel were seemingly shot and killed in
a shower of sparks (like a laser blast). When they are killed in the
series, they glow and are vaporized.
In the film, the City is run by a computer. In the series, it is run
by a secret cabal of old men.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan%27s_Run
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan%27s_Run_(film)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan%27s_Run_(TV_series)

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Aug 4, 2017, 2:11:39 PM8/4/17
In article <om2d3...@news3.newsguy.com>,
Wait, I thought Logan didn't go on the run until he was well over a hundred
and his adamantium skeleton started to poision him..
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

a425couple

Aug 4, 2017, 2:17:36 PM8/4/17
On 8/4/2017 11:11 AM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> In article <om2d3...@news3.newsguy.com>,
> a425couple <a425c...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> "Logan's Run", 3 takes on it.
>>
>> "Logan's Run" is a novel by William F. Nolan and George Clayton Johnson.
>> Published in 1967, it depicts a dystopic ageist future society in which
>> both population and the consumption of resources are maintained in
>> equilibrium by requiring the death of everyone reaching the age of 21.
>> The story follows the actions of Logan, a Sandman charged with enforcing
>> the rule, as he tracks down and kills citizens who "run" from society's
>> lethal demand—only to end up "running" himself. ---
OK, if you like the modern super fast pace movies,
"In the near future, a weary Logan (Hugh Jackman) cares for an ailing
Professor X (Patrick Stewart) at a remote outpost on the Mexican border.
His plan to hide from the outside world gets upended when he meets a
young mutant (Dafne Keen) who is very much like him. Logan must now
protect the girl and … MORE"

Logan (2017) - IMDb
www.imdb.com/title/tt3315342/
Rating: 8.2/10 - ‎353,509 votes
Action · In the near future, a weary Logan cares for an ailing Professor
X, somewhere on the Mexican border. However, Logan's attempts to hide
from the world, ...
‎Full Cast & Crew · ‎Super Bowl Spot · ‎Dafne Keen · ‎Parents Guide

Logan (2017) - Rotten Tomatoes
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/logan_2017/
It's 2029. Mutants are gone--or very nearly so. An isolated, despondent
Logan is drinking his days away in a hideout on a remote stretch of the
Mexican border, ...
Rating‎: ‎R (for strong brutal violence and langu... Runtime‎: ‎135 minutes
In Theaters‎: ‎Mar 3, 2017 wide Written By‎: ‎James Mangold‎, ‎Scott
Frank‎, ‎Mich...

Logan · Film Review The Wolverine series gets a superb sendoff with ...
www.avclub.com/review/wolverine-series-gets-superb-sendoff-brutal-r-rate-251147
Feb 28, 2017 - Wolverine uses his claws in Logan. He uses them the way
that fans have always dreamed he might, the way the movies and certainly
the ...