Re: Life on Venus

a425couple

May 16, 2018, 7:30:33 PM5/16/18
On 5/16/2018 4:35 AM, Mark Earnest wrote:
> Life on Venus is hard to describe because as with Mars all we see in an illusion to keep Earth people away. Venus is actually a tropical jungle. The clouds reflect away heat to make things quite habitable for all sorts of intelligent and not-so-intelligent life. A lot of reptiles, a lot of dinosaurs, and as with Mars, the intelligent life is also of the plant kingdom.

That is the way robert Heinlein had it figured out in his
1951 book "Between Planets.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Between_Planets

"Like many science fiction works of its period, the novel depicts
both Venus and Mars as suitable for human habitation. Since no
interplanetary space probes had been launched at the time, neither
the extreme pressure and temperature at the surface of Venus, nor
the extremely low atmospheric pressure at the surface of Mars,
were known to science. Even the length of the day on Venus was not
yet known."

But then, we have learned a few things since then.