Attn: Rhino / Inspiration

a425couple

Mar 12, 2014, 11:46:40 PM3/12/14
Back on 12/28/13 poster Rhino asked about
"Science and Science Fiction tend to reinforce one another"
and asked for specific examples.

I hope this one is close enough to what he wanted: in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Green_Hills_of_Earth
' In real-life space travel, references to Rhysling and "the green
hills of Earth" were made by Apollo 15 astronauts.[6]They named
a crater near their landing site "Rhysling." This name has since been
adopted officially.[7] Capcom Joe Allen on Earth summoned
David Scott and Joe Irwin, as their third moonwalk was ending,
with the words "As the space poet Rhysling would say, we're
ready for you to 'come back again to the homes of men on the
cool green hills of Earth.'"[8] '

Yisroel Markov

Mar 14, 2014, 12:19:37 PM3/14/14
In a somewhat similar vein (actually, this is more "life imitating
art") - the Door Into Summer has this bit:

"I saw two people chasing a cat - then with unbelievable suddenness,
two people being chased by a cat."

While news this week included this bit:

Vicious Pet Cat Traps Owners In Oregon Bedroom
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/10/pet-cat-attacks-baby-traps-owners_n_4937904.html
--
Yisroel "Godwrestler Warriorson" Markov - Boston, MA Member
www.reason.com -- for a sober analysis of the world DNRC

Rhino

Mar 29, 2014, 12:56:03 PM3/29/14
Thank you for this, a425couple. I noticed a reference to Rhysling in one
of the episodes of From the Earth to the Moon ("Galileo was Right" I
think) that lines up with this.

--
Rhino