"Bringing Heinlein's Lunar Revolution Home"

Yisroel Markov

Mar 19, 2015, 10:49:19 AM3/19/15
More on TMIAHM as a movie -
http://reason.com/blog/2015/03/17/bringing-heinleins-lunar-revolution-home#fold

Producer Thor Halvorssen talks about the forthcoming Fox movie based
on Heinlein's Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

"Message movies," film producer Thor Halvorssen says, "are didactic,
trying to educate about an ideology, a philosophy, instead of telling
a story about characters and their struggles." [...]

Though he’s never had occasion to talk politics specifically with
Guggenheim or top Fox execs, he says the "words 'libertarian ideas'
have been used by the writer several times. We are not unaware of what
the book is and certainly not unaware of the reason why we are doing
this." Love for Heinlein runs deep among Hollywood storytellers; "the
number of studio executives who have called Lloyd [Braun] and said,
'Oh man, that’s what I wanted to do,' have been several." [...]

"Is a movie about fighting tyranny conservative or liberal or
libertarian?" Halvorssen asks. "It’s quintessentially American, that’s
what it is. This is not going to be a film about politics. This is
going to be a great big entertaining movie about the struggle for
freedom on the moon by a group of devoted idealists who have an
amazing story fighting against tyranny.”
--
Yisroel "Godwrestler Warriorson" Markov - Boston, MA Member
www.reason.com -- for a sober analysis of the world DNRC

MajorOz

Mar 19, 2015, 4:24:26 PM3/19/15
On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 9:49:19 AM UTC-5, Yisroel Markov wrote:
> More on TMIAHM as a movie -
> http://reason.com/blog/2015/03/17/bringing-heinleins-lunar-revolution-home#fold

Well........OK.....

Waiting is

Michael Black

Mar 19, 2015, 7:26:49 PM3/19/15
Maybe they're planning for a topical release date.

July 14th, Bastille Day.

Or of course July 4th, INdependence Day.

Or they could go with the January 1st, the day in 1959 that Castro
overthrew Batista.

Or the day of the Attica Uprising, sometime in September of 1971.

The day Alcatraz closed, or perhaps the anniversary of when the indians
took over Attica.

Michael

MajorOz

Mar 19, 2015, 11:40:06 PM3/19/15
...or my birthday: the date of the first moon landing....

Michael Black

Mar 19, 2015, 11:54:52 PM3/19/15
That would be nice.

I was thinking of dates related to uprisings.

The book is of course an odd one, it's about a revolutionary war, but also
a prison uprising all rolled into one.

Michael