Heinlein on video: 1972 Apollo 17 launch

Roger Christenson

Sep 18, 2015, 5:08:54 AM9/18/15
Heinlein Video. This is film of the Apollo 17 cruise described in the biography, and Heinlein is seen and heard, as well as Isaac Asimov, Carl Sagan, Norman Mailer, Harrison Schmitt, Frederick Pohl, Theodore Sturgeon, and you'll probably recognize others! Heinlein is first seen at about 1:40, speaks at about 3:40, and is seen again at about 17:50. Heinlein says: "The Apollo 11 liftoff was perfectly beautiful, but the Apollo 17 liftoff was incredibly more dazzling because it was night, and the way it lighted up, had I not known otherwise, I would have thought they had dropped an A bomb on us."
https://youtu.be/JTrzxIh8jX8