Rowling On Oprah

1 view

Draco Malfoy

Oct 2, 2010, 10:05:33 AM10/2/10
When they weren't fawning all over each other, it was pretty decent.

http://www.oprah.com/showinfo/Harry-Potter-Phenom-JK-Rowling

I had to projectile vomit when they discussed how hard it is to be a
zillionaire.

How does an average person who came from humble beginnings — single
mother on the dole, writing in cafés — go on to create something so
huge? "Fucking lucky", Rowling claims.

The big news — or almost news — from the interview is that Rowling is
definitely open to writing “an eighth, ninth, tenth” Potter novel,
though she quickly followed up by saying, “I feel I’m done, but you
never know.”

duh.
--
In the end, I have to say there’s something truly disconcerting about
living in a world where not having read a single Harry Potter book

Ermalee

Oct 2, 2010, 10:07:24 AM10/2/10
On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 10:05:33 -0400, Draco Malfoy wrote:

> When they weren't fawning all over each other, it was pretty decent.
>
> http://www.oprah.com/showinfo/Harry-Potter-Phenom-JK-Rowling
>
> I had to projectile vomit when they discussed how hard it is to be a
> zillionaire.
>
> How does an average person who came from humble beginnings — single
> mother on the dole, writing in cafés — go on to create something so
> huge? "Fucking lucky", Rowling claims.
>
> The big news — or almost news — from the interview is that Rowling is
> definitely open to writing “an eighth, ninth, tenth” Potter novel,
> though she quickly followed up by saying, “I feel I’m done, but you
> never know.”
>
> duh.

I’ve already shed a few million tears over the HP series, I have cried
during every single book. I wouldn’t complain if it was still dark and
angsty but I would like to read something that doesn’t totally rip my
heart out. I don’t know how I would handle reading a continuation
about Harry himself, I couldn’t handle George without Fred it’s too
devastating, the loss of a twin.

Draco Malfoy

Oct 2, 2010, 10:09:02 AM10/2/10

if Rowling was willing to undo her greatest blunder and pair Harry
with Hermione, I might be willing to slog through another one of her
books. As it is, I can’t even read any of her current books with any
enjoyment. Yes, they’re that bad.

Stu

Oct 2, 2010, 10:09:42 AM10/2/10
On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 10:09:02 -0400, Draco Malfoy wrote:

> if Rowling was willing to undo her greatest blunder and pair Harry
> with Hermione, I might be willing to slog through another one of her
> books. As it is, I can’t even read any of her current books with any
> enjoyment. Yes, they’re that bad.

There clues that Harry and Ginny would together all over the place, as
early as the second book. Just because Rowling didn’t beat you upside
the head with it doesn’t mean it wasn’t there. People who take the
“lead male goes with the lead female” tack of Harry and Hermione,
despite there being NO romantic interest there of any kind,
demonstrate all the subtlety of a brick.

Andrew James Clutterbuck

Oct 2, 2010, 10:10:44 AM10/2/10
On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 10:05:33 -0400, Draco Malfoy wrote:

> When they weren't fawning all over each other, it was pretty decent.
>
> http://www.oprah.com/showinfo/Harry-Potter-Phenom-JK-Rowling
>
> I had to projectile vomit when they discussed how hard it is to be a
> zillionaire.
>
> How does an average person who came from humble beginnings — single
> mother on the dole, writing in cafés — go on to create something so
> huge? "Fucking lucky", Rowling claims.
>
> The big news — or almost news — from the interview is that Rowling is
> definitely open to writing “an eighth, ninth, tenth” Potter novel,
> though she quickly followed up by saying, “I feel I’m done, but you
> never know.”
>
> duh.

Voldemort died. Ron married Hermione. Harry married Ginny. Their kids
are now going to Hogwarts. The story’s over. If I spoiled the end for
anyone reading this, you’ve had three years to read all about it.

RichL

Oct 2, 2010, 10:12:52 AM10/2/10
On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 10:05:33 -0400, Draco Malfoy wrote:

> When they weren't fawning all over each other, it was pretty decent.
>
> http://www.oprah.com/showinfo/Harry-Potter-Phenom-JK-Rowling
>
> I had to projectile vomit when they discussed how hard it is to be a
> zillionaire.
>
> How does an average person who came from humble beginnings — single
> mother on the dole, writing in cafés — go on to create something so
> huge? "Fucking lucky", Rowling claims.
>
> The big news — or almost news — from the interview is that Rowling is
> definitely open to writing “an eighth, ninth, tenth” Potter novel,
> though she quickly followed up by saying, “I feel I’m done, but you
> never know.”
>
> duh.

horrible interview, half of it oprah made it about herself. if this
interview was a drinking game, every time oprah used the word jesus
take a drink, one would have been drunk by the half way mark. also i
thought having JK convert her language to american was horrible, JK is
english and speaks english not american shame on you oprah shame on
you indeed you stupid nigger

Linton Yarbrough

Oct 2, 2010, 10:16:31 AM10/2/10
On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 10:05:33 -0400, Draco Malfoy wrote:

> When they weren't fawning all over each other, it was pretty decent.
>
> http://www.oprah.com/showinfo/Harry-Potter-Phenom-JK-Rowling

I only caught the end of the interview, but it was Oprah talking about
herself the whole time. Was she interviewing JK Rowling?
Hmmmmmmmmm??????????

Peter Foldes

Oct 2, 2010, 10:16:48 AM10/2/10
On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 10:05:33 -0400, Draco Malfoy wrote:

> I had to projectile vomit when they discussed how hard it is to be a
> zillionaire.

”You’re a billionaire! Me too!” Wow. How classy of them.

Lee Ann Faulk

Oct 2, 2010, 10:24:13 AM10/2/10
On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 10:05:33 -0400, Draco Malfoy wrote:

> When they weren't fawning all over each other, it was pretty decent.

I was inspired and did this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBRqBm52n-8

Rockie

Oct 2, 2010, 10:27:15 AM10/2/10
On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 10:05:33 -0400, Draco Malfoy wrote:

> When they weren't fawning all over each other, it was pretty decent.
>
> http://www.oprah.com/showinfo/Harry-Potter-Phenom-JK-Rowling
>
> I had to projectile vomit when they discussed how hard it is to be a
> zillionaire.
>
> How does an average person who came from humble beginnings — single
> mother on the dole, writing in cafés — go on to create something so
> huge? "Fucking lucky", Rowling claims.
>
> The big news — or almost news — from the interview is that Rowling is
> definitely open to writing “an eighth, ninth, tenth” Potter novel,
> though she quickly followed up by saying, “I feel I’m done, but you
> never know.”
>
> duh.

I do not care about this Harry Potter nonsense. Never could get into
the movie and I am not shocked that this woman turned down Michael's
Jackson's offer. Michael was a "joke" to many people and anyone that
showed that type of disrespect to Michael can kiss my arse. Harry
Potter was nothing more than a witchcraft. Plain and simple. This
woman made money out of something anyone can do. She just got lucky.
What she did was not extraordinary. She can go somewhere.
--
Domain Name: rainbowpirates.com
Admin, Technical and Billing Contact: Annette Freeman (DYK7B)

FuCk g00gLe

Oct 2, 2010, 10:31:59 AM10/2/10
On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 10:27:15 -0400, Rockie wrote:

> I do not care about this Harry Potter nonsense. Never could get into
> the movie and I am not shocked that this woman turned down Michael's
> Jackson's offer. Michael was a "joke" to many people and anyone that
> showed that type of disrespect to Michael can kiss my arse. Harry
> Potter was nothing more than a witchcraft. Plain and simple. This
> woman made money out of something anyone can do. She just got lucky.
> What she did was not extraordinary. She can go somewhere.

Yeah I've read something about, but I do not remember well.... that he
wanted Professor Snape role.

That would have been fricking awesome better than Dummydorf being a
homo.

Mackenzie

Oct 2, 2010, 10:33:57 AM10/2/10

Perhaps he offered to demonstrate his magic trick of making panties
drop.

Draco Malfoy

Oct 2, 2010, 10:36:32 AM10/2/10

Oprah is a @#$%$!

She then brought MJ into the interview because she talks about some
interview about Thriller and the way in which MJ spent his whole life
trying to recreate Thriller...chasing the phenomenon. Then, Oprah said
"I don't want to be like that!"

JK agreed.

I think what irritates me is that I know that Oprah has no respect for
MJ and it's almost like she's saying "I don't want to be like him"

@#$% you, @#$%$! You will never be like Michael. Yes you have millions
of fans but you will NEVER be Michael Jackson and you will never have
the same impact....neither will JK Rowling.

I'm headed to Oprah's page now to cuss her fat @ss out!

Toon

Oct 2, 2010, 10:50:04 AM10/2/10
On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 10:07:24 -0400, Ermalee <ehm69er.@.comcast.net>
wrote:

Harry the Aura is the only thing left. Would it work? Or would Tales
From The Potterverse be doable? Plenty of great characters with tales
left untold. More on the Mauraders would be nice. Maybe their lives
as members of The Order Of The Phoenix?

Toon

Oct 2, 2010, 10:52:29 AM10/2/10
On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 10:09:42 -0400, Stu <stu...@foodforu.ca> wrote:

>There clues that Harry and Ginny would together all over the place, as

>early as the second book. Just because Rowling didnÿt beat you upside
>the head with it doesnÿt mean it wasnÿt there. People who take the

>´lead male goes with the lead female¡ tack of Harry and Hermione,
>despite there being NO romantic interest there of any kind,
>demonstrate all the subtlety of a brick.

I find that cliche tiring. Believe me, the US has re-edited imported
cartoons horribly to make sure the lead male and female are together.
Even if it means making someone the lead male who wasn't originally.
Saber Rider And The Star Sheriffs I'm looking at you.

Naked Gonad

Oct 2, 2010, 10:50:57 AM10/2/10
On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 10:05:33 -0400, Draco Malfoy wrote:

> When they weren't fawning all over each other, it was pretty decent.
>
> http://www.oprah.com/showinfo/Harry-Potter-Phenom-JK-Rowling
>
> I had to projectile vomit when they discussed how hard it is to be a
> zillionaire.
>
> How does an average person who came from humble beginnings — single
> mother on the dole, writing in cafés — go on to create something so
> huge? "Fucking lucky", Rowling claims.
>
> The big news — or almost news — from the interview is that Rowling is
> definitely open to writing “an eighth, ninth, tenth” Potter novel,
> though she quickly followed up by saying, “I feel I’m done, but you
> never know.”
>
> duh.

I just want her to publish the damn Harry Potter Encyclopedia she's
been promising us already! JKR is a butterbeer boozer.
--
Gonad

Stu

Oct 2, 2010, 10:53:43 AM10/2/10

d0OD, are you on heroine?

Mxyzptlk

Oct 2, 2010, 11:43:23 AM10/2/10

Harry Potter vs Bewitched's Samantha vs Doctor Strange vs Gandalf.
All of them end up defeated by a randomly chosen Harlem Globetrotter.
That's where the REAL magic is.

Kimmy Boyer

Oct 2, 2010, 11:44:27 AM10/2/10
On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 07:50:04 -0700, Toon wrote:

> Harry the Aura is the only thing left. Would it work? Or would Tales
> From The Potterverse be doable? Plenty of great characters with tales
> left untold. More on the Mauraders would be nice. Maybe their lives
> as members of The Order Of The Phoenix?

That was a very nice and polite way of saying that it sucked donkey
dicks and swallowed it all. Golf clap for you, I guess.

Seriously, though, the reading level actually went down in the last
two books, there was no plotting to speak of, and the resolution of
the series involved ret-conning half the content of the previous books
to produce a ridiculous deus ex machina that wasn't even necessary.

That said, I won't be up with a torch and pitchfork if she writes
more, I'm just not gonna buy it. Robert Jordan and others have trained
me out of my insistence on finishing series once they've sucked for
two or more books in a row. Too much pain in the head.

Draco Malfoy

Oct 2, 2010, 11:49:57 AM10/2/10

I'd like a story about Neville's sudden leap in popularity when he's
in his twenties. Suddenly he's getting owls all day and night. The
gang are puzzled, but Hermione is the one who remembers that Neville's
best subject was Herbology.

Jeffrey Bloss

Oct 2, 2010, 11:52:12 AM10/2/10
On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 11:49:57 -0400, Draco Malfoy wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 11:44:27 -0400, Kimmy Boyer wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 07:50:04 -0700, Toon wrote:
>>
>>> Harry the Aura is the only thing left. Would it work? Or would Tales
>>> From The Potterverse be doable? Plenty of great characters with tales
>>> left untold. More on the Mauraders would be nice. Maybe their lives
>>> as members of The Order Of The Phoenix?
>>
>> That was a very nice and polite way of saying that it sucked donkey
>> dicks and swallowed it all. Golf clap for you, I guess.
>>
>> Seriously, though, the reading level actually went down in the last
>> two books, there was no plotting to speak of, and the resolution of
>> the series involved ret-conning half the content of the previous books
>> to produce a ridiculous deus ex machina that wasn't even necessary.
>>
>> That said, I won't be up with a torch and pitchfork if she writes
>> more, I'm just not gonna buy it. Robert Jordan and others have trained
>> me out of my insistence on finishing series once they've sucked for
>> two or more books in a row. Too much pain in the head.
>
> I'd like a story about Neville's sudden leap in popularity when he's
> in his twenties. Suddenly he's getting owls all day and night. The
> gang are puzzled, but Hermione is the one who remembers that Neville's
> best subject was Herbology.

middle aged Harry Potter and the Cubicle of Death... well not death
per se... well I mean eventually it could lead to death but its more
like the cubicle that sucks the life out of you... a little bit at a
time over many years until you are nothing but a shell of your former
self... but you've almost got the house paid for and the kids through
college and you can still afford your anti-depressants and high-blood
pressure medication... at least for now...

Anthony Atkielski

Oct 2, 2010, 11:54:06 AM10/2/10
On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 10:07:24 -0400, Ermalee wrote:

Twee as the first "Harry Potter" can be at times, it kills in that
category. As a stand-alone story, it's just pure win. Even the
criticisms of "Harry hasn't much character, he's bland" work, because
as a reader you put YOURSELF in there.

The first movie, too, was great, just because you see the amazing
world he joins.

But I have to say, one of my favorite parts ever of that first book is
when Harry goes to the train station and meets up with the Weasely
family (and Mrs. Weasely mom in particular) just when he's despondent
and giving up, and later when he visits their family. The portrayal of
that family is just great, and it's clear that it's that family life
that Harry has been longing for, for so long. It's like the perfect
cozy home life.

Ian Anderson

Oct 2, 2010, 11:56:51 AM10/2/10

Life sucks, beat down, parents dead, but he's special...sounds like
Luke Skywalker.
--
http://tinyurl.com/22tvq9p

whistleblower

Oct 2, 2010, 12:04:07 PM10/2/10
On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 11:56:51 -0400, Ian Anderson wrote:

>> I just want her to publish the damn Harry Potter Encyclopedia she's
>> been promising us already! JKR is a butterbeer boozer.
>
> Life sucks, beat down, parents dead, but he's special...sounds like
> Luke Skywalker.
> --
> http://tinyurl.com/22tvq9p

Yeah, that's called the "hero's journey" and you'll see it in a lot of
stories. Star Wars, the story of Christ, The Hobbit, The Lord of the
Rings, The Matrix, The Last Starfighter, etc. etc. etc.

It's a standard element of fiction, and has been for thousands of
years.

name

Oct 2, 2010, 9:51:46 PM10/2/10
How does one 'rowl'? if it involves 'Okrah' it must be a
blind/deaf/smell-deficient lesbian thing...

Toon

Oct 3, 2010, 10:48:17 AM10/3/10

No. No I am not.

richard e white

Oct 7, 2010, 11:17:34 AM10/7/10
Toon wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 10:53:43 -0400, Stu <stu...@foodforu.ca> wrote:

> >> I find that cliche tiring. Believe me, the US has re-edited imported
> >> cartoons horribly to make sure the lead male and female are together.
> >> Even if it means making someone the lead male who wasn't originally.
> >> Saber Rider And The Star Sheriffs I'm looking at you.
> >
> >d0OD, are you on heroine?
>
> No. No I am not.

What was the star show?

--
Richard The Blind Typer.
Lets hear it for talking computers.

Stu

Oct 7, 2010, 3:43:34 PM10/7/10

Toon

Oct 8, 2010, 12:38:09 PM10/8/10
On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 08:17:34 -0700, richard e white <chip...@cox.net>
wrote:

>Toon wrote:

>> >d0OD, are you on heroine?
>>
>> No. No I am not.
>
>What was the star show?

Never watched it, but read up on it. Bunch of space jockeys on robot
horses fighting bad guys. Seems originally, the leader was the pilot,
and didn't get the girl. Star Rider did. Americans can't have that,
so they re-edited the series to make Star the leader and hence why he
gets the girl.

Ironically, I doubt the young lads the show was aimed at would be
complaining the leader didn't get the girl. Boys at that age seldom
love romance.

Remysun

Oct 7, 2010, 3:39:03 PM10/7/10
Why do I imagine the audience beginning to float as Oprah shouts:

"WINGARDIUM LEVIOSAAAAAAAH!!!!!!"

richard e white

Oct 9, 2010, 12:55:01 PM10/9/10
Stu wrote:

Sorry I was just clearing out old log james. Just ignore it.

richard e white

Oct 9, 2010, 1:07:48 PM10/9/10
Remysun wrote:

> Why do I imagine the audience beginning to float as Oprah shouts:
>
> "WINGARDIUM LEVIOSAAAAAAAH!!!!!!"

Because your bord?
My brother told me when the pres name plate fell down the tonight show
show some one with a wand zaping it. Anyone else catch that, or is he
pulling my leg?