Who is Mike Hirtes??

David Peters

May 12, 2002, 1:15:57 PM5/12/02
Dear List Members:

I have been hearing about this individual now for a few years now Mike
Hirtes and he seems to be making the round of constant conversation. So
what is the character profile of this person?

Fadi...@prodigy.net

Gabriel Gentile

May 12, 2002, 1:29:10 PM5/12/02
in article hrxD8.27$qw2.20...@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com, David Peters at
Fadi...@prodigy.net wrote on 5/12/02 11:15 AM:

Actually, it's more of a "lack of character" profile.

sola...@don'tmesswithtexas.net

May 12, 2002, 1:55:12 PM5/12/02
"David Peters" <Fadi...@prodigy.net> wrote:

> I have been hearing about this individual now for a few years now Mike
>Hirtes and he seems to be making the round of constant conversation. So
>what is the character profile of this person?

Michael Hirtes is a:

(a) Nut

(b) Psychotic wacko

(c) Rabid sociopathic lunatic

(d) Obsessive-compulsive paranoiac with delusions of grandeur

(e) Hate-filled, self-important internet troll whose sad, wretched life
consists primarily of spouting vitriolic fulminations against self-made
enemies - real or imagined - who are supposedly committing mortal sins
against a fandom he vehemently insists he's not a part of and couldn't care
less about

(f) All of the above. :)
"For the children" - the phrase politicians use to justify a course of action
so irrational it cannot be justified in any other way.
solarfox@DON'TMESSWITHtexas.net (Gary Akins jr.)
http://lonestar.texas.net/~solarfox

mhirtes

May 12, 2002, 6:58:42 PM5/12/02

I am evil ogre that lives under people's refigerators. I also sneak out
at night to steal socks from dryers, which I am using to make a giant
sockmonkey golem to crush my enemies with. Oh, how the screams of the
dead and dying shall be my lullaby as "Mister Smacky" wreaks carnage in
my name.

But seriously, I'm just a guy who's made quite a name for myself, simply
for committing the UNFORGIVABLE sins of:

(a) Not being gay

(b) Willing to call a freak a freak, regardless of how many other freaks
are in the vicinity to provide peer-pressure

(c) Not being gay

(d) No matter how much abuse is inflicted on me by the zipperheads in
the fandom, I just plain refuse to curl up & die, as I'm somehow
supposed to do when fanboys excommunicate me ("He was made to live,
always!" -- Ygor, "Son of Frankenstein")

(e) Has the ability to know that regardless of how "sexy" a fursuit may
look, chances are there's a big smelly fanboy inside of it

(f) Not being gay

(g) Doesn't let people step on him

(h) Not being gay

(i) laughs at the idea of "character profiles" in furry fandom, which
has SUCH a ring of J. Edgar Hoover to it (he was gaybait, don'cha know)

Gabriel Gentile

May 12, 2002, 7:07:11 PM5/12/02

> I also sneak out at night to steal socks from dryers, which I am using to make
> a giant sockmonkey golem to crush my enemies with.

Oh, and in case you want to know which one's which, just remember, the
golem's the better smelling one.

mhirtes

May 12, 2002, 7:21:12 PM5/12/02

Yeesh! THAT was supposed to be a joke? All these years of flaming me,
and this is the BEST you guys can come up with??

(rolls eyes)

Hey! I take showers, remember? Darell bothered to remember that little
factoid, and probably even knows what brand of shampoo I use (WHY he
bothers to note whether I take showers or not is a mystery, AND is
somewhat disturbing).

Please try to be more eddjyookated in your mindless jabs, ng'kay?

Now, bring on the flames, you poop-slinging chimps! :)

Gabriel Gentile

May 12, 2002, 10:14:13 PM5/12/02

>> Oh, and in case you want to know which one's which, just remember, the
>> golem's the better smelling one.
>
> Please try to be more eddjyookated in your mindless jabs, ng'kay?

[shrug] Okay, Mikey. Fair enough.

*AHEM*

In the event that you wish to formally and academically differentiate
between the parties of Mr. Michael Hirtes and his fictitious animated
construction of purloined footwear, it is imperative to bear in mind that
the latter possesses a more palatable odiferous quality.

Dr. Cat

May 12, 2002, 11:34:03 PM5/12/02
David Peters <Fadi...@prodigy.net> wrote:
: I have been hearing about this individual now for a few years now Mike

: Hirtes and he seems to be making the round of constant conversation. So
: what is the character profile of this person?

He went from being yet another "furry pornographer providing material for
fanboys to wank to who really, really didn't want the general public to
think he was a sickening weirdo pervert just for being a furry pornographer"
to being a burned out cynical bitter guy who gave up on that and decided to
get all his fun from now on by A) just complaining about other perverts
without really expecting his complaining to accomplish anything, and B)
getting in as many arguments and insult-hurling competitions as possible for
his own amusement. He'll pretty much ignore anything anyone else says unless
it gives him a chance to argue, and when there are no good arguments going
he'll pop up and insult some people or say something generally offensive
until he can get some people to argue with him, which he craves like vampires
need blood.

*-------------------------------------------**-----------------------------*
Dr. Cat / Dragon's Eye Productions || Free alpha test:
*-------------------------------------------** http://www.furcadia.com
Furcadia - a graphic mud for PCs! || Let your imagination soar!
*-------------------------------------------**-----------------------------*

(Disclaimer: Or maybe he's Jimmy Carter. I forget. He's a furry
pornographer too, isn't he? So it's hard to tell them apart.)

mhirtes

May 12, 2002, 11:44:04 PM5/12/02

Richard de Wylfin

May 13, 2002, 4:54:36 AM5/13/02

mhirtes

May 13, 2002, 4:58:11 AM5/13/02
Which only proves the immense amount of shit I had to endure, thanks to
the freakish behaviour of some weirdoes around here.

--
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition
dies, I think the soul of America dies with it."-- Edward R. Murrow

"The danger of the past was that men became slaves. The danger of the
future is that man may become robots." -- Fromm

"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my
contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the
spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be
done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality,
deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how
despiceable an ignoreable war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than
be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under
the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." -- Albert Einstein

AJL

May 13, 2002, 12:12:01 PM5/13/02
mhirtes wrote:
> But seriously, I'm just a guy who's made quite a name for myself, simply
> for committing the UNFORGIVABLE sins of:
>
> (a) Not being gay
>
> (c) Not being gay
>
> (f) Not being gay
>
> (h) Not being gay

Hmmm... Your homophobia is showing again. No one here ever mentioned a
thing about your sexual preferences, did they?

--Darrel.

mhirtes

May 13, 2002, 12:24:34 PM5/13/02

Check with Jerry again. Sure seemed to matter to him (and to Merlino)
that I wasn't militantly gay, nor embraced it with enthusiasticly open arms.

As one person in the fandom from Arizona (ain't gonna say who) once
mentioned, he was never really a homophobe until he came across Merlino
and his ilk.

Blackberry

May 13, 2002, 1:29:37 PM5/13/02
On Mon, 13 May 2002 11:24:34 -0500, mhirtes wrote:

>Check with Jerry again. Sure seemed to matter to him (and to Merlino)
>that I wasn't militantly gay, nor embraced it with enthusiasticly open arms.

And of course, as you've pointed out in the past, the opinions of two people
certainly represent the opinions of millions.

>As one person in the fandom from Arizona (ain't gonna say who) once
>mentioned, he was never really a homophobe until he came across Merlino
>and his ilk.

Then the person-from-Arizona is extremely small-minded, if he met one person and
extrapolates that onto millions without even knowing them.

--
I believe in everything, nothing is sacred.
I believe in nothing, everything is sacred.

mhirtes

May 13, 2002, 2:19:37 PM5/13/02

Blackberry wrote:

> On Mon, 13 May 2002 11:24:34 -0500, mhirtes wrote:
> >
> >Check with Jerry again. Sure seemed to matter to him (and to Merlino)
> >that I wasn't militantly gay, nor embraced it with enthusiasticly open arms.
>
> And of course, as you've pointed out in the past, the opinions of two people
> certainly represent the opinions of millions.

They do when their opinions effect others. Remember how Merlino felt
that "he who runs Confurence runs furry fandom, and *I* run ConFurence! Wooooo!".

In this fandom, not being gay is as welcomed as Al Sharpton at a Klan rally.

> >As one person in the fandom from Arizona (ain't gonna say who) once
> >mentioned, he was never really a homophobe until he came across Merlino
> >and his ilk.
>
> Then the person-from-Arizona is extremely small-minded, if he met one person and
> extrapolates that onto millions without even knowing them.

Apparently, you know very little about Mark Merlino *and his ilk*, don't you?

Kitryn de Pluie

May 13, 2002, 2:41:12 PM5/13/02
On Mon 13 May 2002 02:19:37p, mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net> had the
audacity to state the following:

> In this fandom, not being gay is as welcomed as Al Sharpton at a Klan
> rally.

Wow.

What complete and utter bullshit.

--
Kitryn de Pluie the Anthro Fox
DC: DC2.H^Mcf Gm L6f W T Pw Sku Cbk,bag,ebl,cag,wrb A- Fr++"mango" Nu

mhirtes

May 13, 2002, 3:03:12 PM5/13/02

Kitryn de Pluie wrote:

> On Mon 13 May 2002 02:19:37p, mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net> had the
> audacity to state the following:
> >
> > In this fandom, not being gay is as welcomed as Al Sharpton at a Klan
> > rally.
>
> Wow.
>
> What complete and utter bullshit.

Guess you haven't been around as long, or seen what I had to see.

Blackberry

May 13, 2002, 3:20:41 PM5/13/02
On Mon, 13 May 2002 13:19:37 -0500, mhirtes wrote:

>> And of course, as you've pointed out in the past, the opinions of two people
>> certainly represent the opinions of millions.
>
>They do when their opinions effect others. Remember how Merlino felt
>that "he who runs Confurence runs furry fandom, and *I* run ConFurence!
>Wooooo!".

That doesn't make him right. Or do you believe everything that everyone tells
you?

>In this fandom, not being gay is as welcomed as Al Sharpton at a Klan rally.

I don't see that as the case. You've met some bad apples.

>> >As one person in the fandom from Arizona (ain't gonna say who) once
>> >mentioned, he was never really a homophobe until he came across Merlino
>> >and his ilk.
>>
>>Then the person-from-Arizona is extremely small-minded, if he met one person and
>> extrapolates that onto millions without even knowing them.
>
>Apparently, you know very little about Mark Merlino *and his ilk*, don't you?

I know a bit about them, and I know one of "his ilk" personally. I'm just
intelligent enough to know that not all gay people are exactly like them.

Baloo Ursidae

May 13, 2002, 4:18:34 PM5/13/02
mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net> wrote:

> In this fandom, not being gay is as welcomed as Al Sharpton at a Klan rally.

Right. So why exactly is it I seem to be welcome in the fandom, yet I'm
not gay? Neither is a fairly good number of furs in my area, heck,
there's even an entire family of furries here.

--
Baloo

Baloo Ursidae

May 13, 2002, 4:25:47 PM5/13/02
Richard de Wylfin <thetal...@mailandnews.com> wrote:

> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=6iiqqq%24p09%241%40nnrp1.dejanews.com&output=gplain

One choice quote I particularly appreciated,

> In a world already plagued by drugs, alcoholism, disease, and WebTV,
> we must realize that there is no place on Earth for such a waste of
> perfectly good carbon atoms.

Now I consider WebTV users to be the absolute lowest lifeforms on the
net, as I've yet to see a WebTV user contribute in a positive manner to
a discussion, but if I were on WebTV, I'd be insulted for being compared
to Furplay.

--
Baloo

Eisenschwarz

May 13, 2002, 5:04:43 PM5/13/02
On Mon, 13 May 2002 14:03:12 -0500, mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net>
wrote:

>Guess you haven't been around as long, or seen what I had to see.

I don't think anyone would wish to see something that was bad enough
to turn them into someone who both reads the Daily Torygraphs website
and who behaves in a vulgar fashion.

BTW if you are still interested I can get you some Cheap
antidepressants and Tranqs with a *FREE* Prozac Scroll Mouse and Pad
*AND* a Celebrex T-shirt, I will throw in a set of "Lyfoam Extra"
stress balls if you like. Heck I'll even give you a pen that looks
like a syringe.

___
Fall to your knees, and worship me
Your twisted minds, now reality
Together we can rule the worlds
Watch as the darkness unfolds

Gabriel Gentile

May 13, 2002, 5:49:46 PM5/13/02

> BTW if you are still interested I can get you some Cheap
> antidepressants and Tranqs with a *FREE* Prozac Scroll Mouse and Pad
> *AND* a Celebrex T-shirt, I will throw in a set of "Lyfoam Extra"
> stress balls if you like. Heck I'll even give you a pen that looks
> like a syringe.

Really?

Errr.... Do you have access to any OTHER types of "medication"?

Atara

May 13, 2002, 5:51:40 PM5/13/02
mhi...@DESTROY.ALL.SPAMMERS.radiks.net (mhirtes) wrote in
<3CE003B6...@radiks.net>:

>In this fandom, not being gay is as welcomed as Al Sharpton at a Klan
>rally.

Wow.

I'm blatantly heterosexual, and even act it when attending a con. I haven't
been run out of the fandom yet.

Come to think of it, neither has my husband.

--
Atara
"Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus."

Gabriel Gentile

May 13, 2002, 5:52:00 PM5/13/02

> In this fandom, not being gay is as welcomed as Al Sharpton at a Klan rally.

HEY! Get yer OWN insults! That's MINE!

Kitryn de Pluie

May 13, 2002, 7:00:43 PM5/13/02
On Mon 13 May 2002 03:03:12p, mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net> had the audacity
to state the following:

>> > In this fandom, not being gay is as welcomed as Al Sharpton at a Klan
>> > rally.
>>
>> Wow.
>>
>> What complete and utter bullshit.
>>

> Guess you haven't been around as long, or seen what I had to see.

Or hey, maybe I'm just not delusional.

mhirtes

May 13, 2002, 7:12:17 PM5/13/02

Eisenschwarz wrote:

> On Mon, 13 May 2002 14:03:12 -0500, mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Guess you haven't been around as long, or seen what I had to see.
>
> I don't think anyone would wish to see something that was bad enough
> to turn them into someone who both reads the Daily Torygraphs website
> and who behaves in a vulgar fashion.

Daily Torygraphs? Huh? Whachotokkinbout, Willis?

mhirtes

May 13, 2002, 7:19:47 PM5/13/02

Blackberry wrote:

> On Mon, 13 May 2002 13:19:37 -0500, mhirtes wrote:
> >
> >> And of course, as you've pointed out in the past, the opinions of two people
> >> certainly represent the opinions of millions.
> >
> >They do when their opinions effect others. Remember how Merlino felt
> >that "he who runs Confurence runs furry fandom, and *I* run ConFurence!
> >Wooooo!".
>
> That doesn't make him right. Or do you believe everything that everyone tells
> you?

Actually, I wished more believed ME when I tried to warn them of the
destructive, selfish path that Merlino was taking the con at the time,
and furry fandom with it.

But, in typical furry fashion, they prefered to live in the lie rather
than face the truth and do something about it. Result: CF8. 'Nuff said.

> >In this fandom, not being gay is as welcomed as Al Sharpton at a Klan rally.
>
> I don't see that as the case. You've met some bad apples.

Yeah, and they spoiled the whole bunch. One person tells two, and each
of them tells two others, and watch the whole thing go Andromeda Strain
before your very eyes.

> >>Then the person-from-Arizona is extremely small-minded, if he met one person and
> >> extrapolates that onto millions without even knowing them.
> >
> >Apparently, you know very little about Mark Merlino *and his ilk*, don't you?
>
> I know a bit about them, and I know one of "his ilk" personally. I'm just
> intelligent enough to know that not all gay people are exactly like them.

Okay, PLEASE tell me that all gay furs are NOT like the "Merlino and
Lance" crowd, because that's all I've encountered so far, and these
asswipes made life in this fandom a runny bowl of shit for me ever since.

NOW maybe you start to get an idea of why I've become so bitter. Thank
them for it.

DishRoom1

May 13, 2002, 10:57:49 PM5/13/02
Kitry de Pluie wrote --

>> In this fandom, not being gay is as welcomed as Al Sharpton at a Klan
>> rally.
>
>Wow.
>
>What complete and utter bullshit.

My sentiments exactly.

After all, if many furries are gay, explain the herto erotica and porn in this
fandom?

John Shughart

DishRoom1

May 13, 2002, 11:01:57 PM5/13/02
mhites wrote --

>Kitryn de Pluie wrote:
>>

>> audacity to state the following:
>> >
>> > In this fandom, not being gay is as welcomed as Al Sharpton at a Klan
>> > rally.
>>
>> Wow.
>>
>> What complete and utter bullshit.
>>

>Guess you haven't been around as long, or seen what I had to see.

Seen what, Mike? What have you seen that makes you think we're all homosexual?

Only some of us are gay.

John Shughart

DishRoom1

May 13, 2002, 11:08:54 PM5/13/02
mhites wrote --

>Blackberry wrote:

Um, But what about Terrie Smith and Glen Wooten, and also Mike and Carole
Curtis? And maybe a few other well known straight couples?

John Shughart

John Shughart

Blackberry

May 13, 2002, 11:05:14 PM5/13/02
On Mon, 13 May 2002 18:19:47 -0500, mhirtes wrote:

>>That doesn't make him right. Or do you believe everything that everyone tells
>> you?
>
>Actually, I wished more believed ME when I tried to warn them of the
>destructive, selfish path that Merlino was taking the con at the time,
>and furry fandom with it.
>
>But, in typical furry fashion, they prefered to live in the lie rather
>than face the truth and do something about it. Result: CF8. 'Nuff said.

Obviously, he wasn't right and you were. Any dolt can see that. =:) Things
went downhill faster than anyone could stop and they had to crash before someone
could push them back uphill.

>> >In this fandom, not being gay is as welcomed as Al Sharpton at a Klan rally.
>>
>> I don't see that as the case. You've met some bad apples.
>
>Yeah, and they spoiled the whole bunch. One person tells two, and each
>of them tells two others, and watch the whole thing go Andromeda Strain
>before your very eyes.

You look and see rotten apples. I look and see a few bad ones, a few great
ones, and a whole bunch of average ones. It's all in individual perception.

>> I know a bit about them, and I know one of "his ilk" personally. I'm just
>> intelligent enough to know that not all gay people are exactly like them.
>
>Okay, PLEASE tell me that all gay furs are NOT like the "Merlino and
>Lance" crowd, because that's all I've encountered so far, and these
>asswipes made life in this fandom a runny bowl of shit for me ever since.

Well, all I can tell you is that it's true as far as I can tell. Take that as
you will. *You* have to prove it to yourself, though; no one can prove it for
you. If you want, email me and we can talk about our experiences. You can even
insult me some.

>NOW maybe you start to get an idea of why I've become so bitter. Thank
>them for it.

I joke, I tease, but I know *why* you feel that way. I'm just telling you that
maybe it's a matter of perspective. From your viewpoint, you can't see around
them, but from my viewpoint, I don't even see them.

mhirtes

May 14, 2002, 1:35:33 AM5/14/02

Blackberry wrote:

> On Mon, 13 May 2002 18:19:47 -0500, mhirtes wrote:
> >
> >>That doesn't make him right. Or do you believe everything that everyone tells
> >> you?
> >
> >Actually, I wished more believed ME when I tried to warn them of the
> >destructive, selfish path that Merlino was taking the con at the time,
> >and furry fandom with it.
> >
> >But, in typical furry fashion, they prefered to live in the lie rather
> >than face the truth and do something about it. Result: CF8. 'Nuff said.
>
> Obviously, he wasn't right and you were. Any dolt can see that. =:) Things
> went downhill faster than anyone could stop and they had to crash before someone
> could push them back uphill.

So, when's the pushing uphill part supposed to take place?

I think at this point I'm gonna stop posting to this thread. It's
obvious that some are just trying to milk it for as much entertainment
as possible at my expense. I tried to tell the fandom about all this bad
stuff that the media has been talking about for years, but you can only
warn the proverbial cow on the tracks about the proverbial train coming
for so long before the ol No.666 comes by and makes sirloin.

> I joke, I tease, but I know *why* you feel that way. I'm just telling you that
> maybe it's a matter of perspective. From your viewpoint, you can't see around
> them, but from my viewpoint, I don't even see them.

Sorry, but what I've seen is the majority. There may be some actual
decent, respectful people out there, but they're eclipsed by the sheer
magnitude of freaks and assholes.

mhirtes

May 14, 2002, 1:36:15 AM5/14/02

DishRoom1 wrote:

> Um, But what about Terrie Smith and Glen Wooten, and also Mike and Carole
> Curtis? And maybe a few other well known straight couples?

They treat me like shit just the same.

Ben Raccoon

May 14, 2002, 1:52:57 AM5/14/02
"DishRoom1" <dish...@aol.com> wrote

> Seen what, Mike? What have you seen that makes you think we're all
homosexual?

> Only some of us are gay.

Yeah. I'd hate to tell all my straight friends that they're actually gay and
don't know it yet. Especially the ones that are married, I'll bet they'll
~really~ take it hard.

Or maybe Furplay is still fulla himself.

--
http://www.furnation.com/ben_raccoon

Baloo Ursidae

May 14, 2002, 4:55:34 AM5/14/02

Blackberry

May 14, 2002, 10:47:01 AM5/14/02
On Tue, 14 May 2002 00:35:33 -0500, mhirtes wrote:

>> Obviously, he wasn't right and you were. Any dolt can see that. =:) Things
>>went downhill faster than anyone could stop and they had to crash before someone
>> could push them back uphill.
>
>So, when's the pushing uphill part supposed to take place?

Well, I meant Confurence specifically. I think everyone can agree that it's
improved.

>I think at this point I'm gonna stop posting to this thread. It's
>obvious that some are just trying to milk it for as much entertainment
>as possible at my expense. I tried to tell the fandom about all this bad
>stuff that the media has been talking about for years, but you can only
>warn the proverbial cow on the tracks about the proverbial train coming
>for so long before the ol No.666 comes by and makes sirloin.

You just now realized this? =:)

>Sorry, but what I've seen is the majority. There may be some actual
>decent, respectful people out there, but they're eclipsed by the sheer
>magnitude of freaks and assholes.

They're eclipsed if you let them be eclipsed. I ignore the assholes and deal
with the good people.

Ken Pick

May 14, 2002, 12:13:21 PM5/14/02
at...@mb.sympatico.caNADA (Atara) wrote in message news:<920DA3A87a...@66.120.4.171>...

> mhi...@DESTROY.ALL.SPAMMERS.radiks.net (mhirtes) wrote in
> <3CE003B6...@radiks.net>:
>
> >In this fandom, not being gay is as welcomed as Al Sharpton at a Klan
> >rally.
>
> Wow.
>
> I'm blatantly heterosexual, and even act it when attending a con. I haven't
> been run out of the fandom yet.
>
> Come to think of it, neither has my husband.

Actually, Atara, there have always been some elements of the fandom
that do send out a strong aura of "Straights *NOT* Welcome". In
SoCal, I think this attitude coalesced around (and may have been
started/enhanced by) Mark Merlino in the very early days and reached
its peak at Confurence 8 (known as "FagCon" among my non-furry fan
contacts). CF8 stared the usual flamewars here on a.f.f, and this
being before there were Burned Furs to blame everything on, a lot of
us who objected got denounced as "Narrow-minded homophobes".

Incidentally, the antics and screwups and jerkoffs at CF8 were
probably the root cause that triggered the formation of the Burned
Furs, and built the reputation that bore fruit with Vanity Fair and
MTV-Sex2K.

Ken Pick

May 14, 2002, 12:19:58 PM5/14/02
mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net> wrote in message news:<3CE003B6...@radiks.net>...

> They do when their opinions effect others. Remember how Merlino felt
> that "he who runs Confurence runs furry fandom, and *I* run ConFurence! Wooooo!".

"mhirtes" may be just as big a jerk as Merlino, but this statement
does capture Mustelid Mark's attitude as of about five years ago. We
used to joke about "YOU HAVE TO DO IT *MY* WAY! I *AM* FURRY FANDOM!"

Mustelid Mark Merlino was one of the early movers & shakers of the
fandom, and can justly claim to be its founder (at least as a separate
fandom; "furry" before had been scattered among various other fandoms
-- primarily comics -- but was not a distinct fandom in and of
itself). Unfortunately, Mark's attitude and antics (such as the
attitude mentioned above) later made him one of the same fandom's
biggest liabilities.

Ken Pick

May 14, 2002, 12:25:55 PM5/14/02
AJL <grap...@ajlvideo.com> wrote in message news:<3CDFE5D1...@ajlvideo.com>...
> mhirtes wrote:
> > But seriously, I'm just a guy who's made quite a name for myself, simply
> > for committing the UNFORGIVABLE sins of:
> >
> > (a) Not being gay
> >
> > (c) Not being gay
> >
> > (f) Not being gay
> >
> > (h) Not being gay

You know, this sounds like Mr Garrison in all those South Park
episodes. Remember the one where he cracks up (as in cracks up for
*him*, not cracks up compared to normal South Park people) and
disapears into the mountains? "On cold moonlit nights, you can still
hear his voice faintly in the wind: 'I'm not gay... I'm not gay...
I'm not gay...'."

And there are some jerkwads in the fandom to whom "not being gay" *is*
a sin. I've had to put up with some really stupid pickup lines, a lot
of them on the order of "Everybody's gay (or bi), you're just denying
it."

Eisenschwarz

May 14, 2002, 1:20:11 PM5/14/02
On Mon, 13 May 2002 18:12:17 -0500, mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net>
wrote:

>Daily Torygraphs? Huh? Whachotokkinbout, Willis?

Y'know, the Daily Telegraph?, Which is pro conservative, or "Tory"
party, therefore people in Britain often call it Torygraph, instead of
telegraph.
I think you may have posted an article from it once?

(Although I would have thought "The Express" was more in your line,
since the owner (Richard Desmond) is a former Pornographer who "wants
to be respectable")

Eisenschwarz

May 14, 2002, 1:22:27 PM5/14/02
On Mon, 13 May 2002 21:49:46 GMT, Gabriel Gentile
<spook...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Errr.... Do you have access to any OTHER types of "medication"?

Valium and as many Enema kits as you can carry.

Blackberry

May 14, 2002, 1:12:43 PM5/14/02
On 14 May 2002 09:25:55 -0700, cath...@earthlink.net wrote:

>[...]

>And there are some jerkwads in the fandom to whom "not being gay" *is*
>a sin. I've had to put up with some really stupid pickup lines, a lot
>of them on the order of "Everybody's gay (or bi), you're just denying
>it."

Well, I have to inform you that this isn't limited to furryfans. I know some
gay men who love to try to harass straight men, for some reason.

Ken Pick

May 14, 2002, 3:18:25 PM5/14/02
solarfox@DON'TMESSWITHtexas.net wrote in message news:<tlatdug6vqefqobe9...@4ax.com>...
> "David Peters" <Fadi...@prodigy.net> wrote:
>
> > I have been hearing about this individual now for a few years now Mike
> >Hirtes and he seems to be making the round of constant conversation. So
> >what is the character profile of this person?
>
> Michael Hirtes is a:
>
> (a) Nut
>
> (b) Psychotic wacko
>
> (c) Rabid sociopathic lunatic
>
> (d) Obsessive-compulsive paranoiac with delusions of grandeur
>
> (e) Hate-filled, self-important internet troll whose sad, wretched life
> consists primarily of spouting vitriolic fulminations against self-made
> enemies - real or imagined - who are supposedly committing mortal sins
> against a fandom he vehemently insists he's not a part of and couldn't care
> less about
>
> (f) All of the above. :)

You forgot:

(g) Source of about 50% of the posts on a.f.f's endless flamewars,
to the point I refer to the newsgroup as "mhirtes' personal rant
page". The kicker is, he occasionally makes some sense and hits on
some valid points, but he's such a jerk that who cares?

(h) Living on disability (mental disability; what the Tucson Mob
calls "Government Stupid Money"). If you work and pay taxes,
remember: You're mhirtes' source of income.

(i) A Phone Phreak -- God help you if he ever finds out your phone
number. Amazing how many harassing phone calls you can make when you
can do it for free.

Eisenschwarz

May 14, 2002, 3:45:22 PM5/14/02
On 14 May 2002 10:12:43 -0700, Blackberry
<le...@NOanthrobunnySPAM.com> wrote:

>Well, I have to inform you that this isn't limited to furryfans. I know some
>gay men who love to try to harass straight men, for some reason.

Insecurity?

Kitryn de Pluie

May 14, 2002, 3:47:11 PM5/14/02
On Tue 14 May 2002 01:36:15a, mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net> had the

audacity to state the following:

>> Um, But what about Terrie Smith and Glen Wooten, and also Mike and
>> Carole Curtis? And maybe a few other well known straight couples?
>
> They treat me like shit just the same.

Then leave.

Whiner.

Blackberry

May 14, 2002, 3:57:40 PM5/14/02
On Tue, 14 May 2002 19:45:22 +0000 (UTC), dramn...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

>On 14 May 2002 10:12:43 -0700, Blackberry
><le...@NOanthrobunnySPAM.com> wrote:
>
>>Well, I have to inform you that this isn't limited to furryfans. I know some
>>gay men who love to try to harass straight men, for some reason.
>
>Insecurity?

Okay, I should have said, "for many reasons". That's one.

mhirtes

May 14, 2002, 6:22:17 PM5/14/02

Ken Pick wrote:

> (h) Living on disability (mental disability; what the Tucson Mob
> calls "Government Stupid Money"). If you work and pay taxes,
> remember: You're mhirtes' source of income.

If you get your info from the likes of Jim Groat, then you're f*cked up.
All I have to say about that.

Besides, it sounds to me more like you're jealous than outraged.

mhirtes

May 14, 2002, 6:23:08 PM5/14/02

Eisenschwarz wrote:

> On Mon, 13 May 2002 18:12:17 -0500, mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Daily Torygraphs? Huh? Whachotokkinbout, Willis?
>
> Y'know, the Daily Telegraph?, Which is pro conservative, or "Tory"
> party, therefore people in Britain often call it Torygraph, instead of
> telegraph.
> I think you may have posted an article from it once?

I did? The only UK news site i tend to bother with is BBC News and The Register.

mhirtes

May 14, 2002, 6:35:39 PM5/14/02

Ken Pick wrote:

> mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net> wrote in message news:<3CE003B6...@radiks.net>...
> > They do when their opinions effect others. Remember how Merlino felt
> > that "he who runs Confurence runs furry fandom, and *I* run ConFurence! Wooooo!".
>
> "mhirtes" may be just as big a jerk as Merlino, but this statement
> does capture Mustelid Mark's attitude as of about five years ago. We
> used to joke about "YOU HAVE TO DO IT *MY* WAY! I *AM* FURRY FANDOM!"
>
> Mustelid Mark Merlino was one of the early movers & shakers of the
> fandom, and can justly claim to be its founder (at least as a separate
> fandom; "furry" before had been scattered among various other fandoms
> -- primarily comics -- but was not a distinct fandom in and of
> itself).

Actually, that distinction belongs more in the hands of Vootie types,
like Ken Fletcher or Schirm. Merlino was more into anime back then, and
the C/FO was more Fred Patten's racket, so Mark was riding coattails
back then too.

> Unfortunately, Mark's attitude and antics (such as the
> attitude mentioned above) later made him one of the same fandom's
> biggest liabilities.

And this was something I've been trying to tell you guys since 1990, but
all I got was a vast amounts of shit for it, accusations of being
"homophobic", and misery ever since, because Merlino was the "sacred
cow" back then that no one dare speak against (lest ye be judged a
heretic), much like some sacred cows of today.

Mark Merlino used his "sexual preference" as a shield AND as a blunt
intrument. Milking the "none dare call him Faggot" attitudes of
Political Correctness for every drop.

And this is where I ran afoul of the fandom. All went downhill from there.

All these years of misery. All these years of being branded with a bad
rep, simply because I DIDN'T want to be buttfucked by a scrawny little
runt on a power-trip whom everyone thinks is the God-Emperor of all
things furry, and I had to pay the price for that defiance. Imagine that.

Atara

May 14, 2002, 7:26:33 PM5/14/02
cath...@earthlink.net (Ken Pick) wrote in
<9efdce3a.02051...@posting.google.com>:

>Actually, Atara, there have always been some elements of the fandom
>that do send out a strong aura of "Straights *NOT* Welcome". In
>SoCal, I think this attitude coalesced around (and may have been
>started/enhanced by) Mark Merlino in the very early days and reached
>its peak at Confurence 8 (known as "FagCon" among my non-furry fan
>contacts). CF8 stared the usual flamewars here on a.f.f, and this
>being before there were Burned Furs to blame everything on, a lot of
>us who objected got denounced as "Narrow-minded homophobes".

Ah. Just reaffirms my desire to avoid southern California like the plague.
Thanks. =)

--
Atara
"Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus."
http://www.FurNation.com/Atara/
***What doesn't fit in my email addy? NADA.***

mhirtes

May 14, 2002, 8:27:20 PM5/14/02

Mathue wrote:

> In article <3CE0A247...@radiks.net>, mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net>

> Bud, if you act in public even a tenth of how you act here, there's
> little wonder why you get the treatment that you get.

Yeah. I just don't have the ability to kiss ass. What a shame.

Allen Kitchen

May 14, 2002, 8:32:35 PM5/14/02

mhirtes wrote:

> All these years of misery. All these years of being branded with a bad
> rep, simply because I DIDN'T want to be buttfucked by a scrawny little
> runt on a power-trip whom everyone thinks is the God-Emperor of all
> things furry, and I had to pay the price for that defiance. Imagine that.

Actually, we judge you by how you act here and now, not by what you
said 7+ years ago. Quite a few people don't have any idea what you
said so long ago. It's your rants and bad attitude that gain you
your bad rep in the fandom.

Allen Kitchen (shockwave)
http://www.blkbox.com/~osprey/

mhirtes

May 14, 2002, 8:41:27 PM5/14/02

Ken Pick wrote:

> at...@mb.sympatico.caNADA (Atara) wrote in message news:<920DA3A87a...@66.120.4.171>...
> > mhi...@DESTROY.ALL.SPAMMERS.radiks.net (mhirtes) wrote in
> > <3CE003B6...@radiks.net>:
> >
> > >In this fandom, not being gay is as welcomed as Al Sharpton at a Klan
> > >rally.
> >
> > Wow.
> >
> > I'm blatantly heterosexual, and even act it when attending a con. I haven't
> > been run out of the fandom yet.
> >
> > Come to think of it, neither has my husband.
>
> Actually, Atara, there have always been some elements of the fandom
> that do send out a strong aura of "Straights *NOT* Welcome".

And when you combine my dislike for rampant faggot behaviour (there are
gays, and then there are FAGS), and add it to my trait of not kissing
anyone's ass, you can imagine why I got such a bad rep that lasts to
this day.

Yep, it all started the day it was known that I'm NOT a turdburglar for
Mark's pleasure (as he sees ANYONE who enters furry fandom). And to the
Merlino Mafia, I became the *E*N*E*M*Y*, and the hatred towards me
hasn't let up since. This very thread is proof of that animosity I get,
simply because I didn't bend over for Merlino's Royal Seed that wretched
time in 1990.

> In
> SoCal, I think this attitude coalesced around (and may have been
> started/enhanced by) Mark Merlino in the very early days and reached
> its peak at Confurence 8 (known as "FagCon" among my non-furry fan
> contacts).

And don't forget the "skunkfucker" con party flyers at BayCon. Yeah, it
was a spoof flyer, but it still rings to this day.

> CF8 stared the usual flamewars here on a.f.f, and this
> being before there were Burned Furs to blame everything on, a lot of
> us who objected got denounced as "Narrow-minded homophobes".
>
> Incidentally, the antics and screwups and jerkoffs at CF8 were
> probably the root cause that triggered the formation of the Burned
> Furs, and built the reputation that bore fruit with Vanity Fair and
> MTV-Sex2K.

Hello? Furry Fandom? What have I been warning everyone about for years? Hello??

I tried to warn you guys about the direction that Mark was taking the
con and the fandom in general, but you would'nt listen, because Michael
Hirtes is a pariah, and therefore is wrong.

Jeez! Just freakin' admit it that I was right all along! Is that even
remeotely possible, or does your seething hatred of me prevent you from
doing even that?

mhirtes

May 14, 2002, 8:48:15 PM5/14/02

Allen Kitchen wrote:

> mhirtes wrote:
>
> > All these years of misery. All these years of being branded with a bad
> > rep, simply because I DIDN'T want to be buttfucked by a scrawny little
> > runt on a power-trip whom everyone thinks is the God-Emperor of all
> > things furry, and I had to pay the price for that defiance. Imagine that.
>
> Actually, we judge you by how you act here and now, not by what you
> said 7+ years ago.

Which has been the reaction to all these years of bad treatment and
hostility, stemming from that one notorious day in August, 1990.

In fact, if you want some idea of what it was like, locate Watts Martin
sometime and ask him about the "post con" party at the "Prancing
Skiltaire", where Mark walked up and bit Watts on the neck TWICE.
Fucking creepy!

Baloo Ursidae

May 14, 2002, 9:17:16 PM5/14/02

Baloo Ursidae

May 14, 2002, 9:19:20 PM5/14/02

Baloo Ursidae

May 14, 2002, 9:25:58 PM5/14/02

Baloo Ursidae

May 14, 2002, 9:32:00 PM5/14/02

Ben Raccoon

May 14, 2002, 9:53:06 PM5/14/02

"Baloo Ursidae" <ba...@ursine.dyndns.org> wrote in message

Gabriel Gentile

May 14, 2002, 10:45:31 PM5/14/02
in article 3CE0A21D...@radiks.net, mhirtes wrote

> I think at this point I'm gonna stop posting to this thread.

Then he wrote...

> They treat me like shit just the same.

Then he wrote...

> If you get your info from the likes of Jim Groat, then you're f*cked up.
> All I have to say about that.

THEN he wrote...

> And this was something I've been trying to tell you guys since 1990, but
> all I got was a vast amounts of shit for it, accusations of being
> "homophobic", and misery ever since, because Merlino was the "sacred
> cow" back then that no one dare speak against (lest ye be judged a
> heretic), much like some sacred cows of today.

And THEN he wrote...

> Yeah. I just don't have the ability to kiss ass. What a shame.

And he wrote yet again...

> And don't forget the "skunkfucker" con party flyers at BayCon. Yeah, it
> was a spoof flyer, but it still rings to this day.

And at last checking, he wrote...

> Which has been the reaction to all these years of bad treatment and
> hostility, stemming from that one notorious day in August, 1990.

Y'know, Mike, for a guy who's left, you're awfully obtrusive.

mhirtes

May 14, 2002, 10:49:34 PM5/14/02

Baloo Ursidae wrote:

> mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net> wrote:
>
> > If you get your info from the likes of Jim Groat, then you're f*cked up.
> > All I have to say about that.
> >
> > Besides, it sounds to me more like you're jealous than outraged.
>
> I'm not sure I read this right. It sounds like Mr. Hirtes guessed at a
> source, called it unreliable, and yet, didn't deny the allegations made
> by said source. Interesting.

You mean you actually *beleive* Jim Groat's tall tales.

Such a sad little man.

mhirtes

May 14, 2002, 10:51:29 PM5/14/02

Baloo Ursidae wrote:

> >> #!/bin/sed
> >> s/kiss ass/be polite
> >
> > That's a wee bit obscure. O.o
>
> Fine. I'll explain. It tells sed to switch the words "kiss ass" with
> "be polite," which I'm pretty sure mhirtes really meant to say there.

Sorry, but I was correct in what I said. sed must've known that.

mhirtes

May 14, 2002, 10:52:11 PM5/14/02

mhirtes

May 14, 2002, 11:27:13 PM5/14/02

Baloo Ursidae wrote:

> mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net> wrote:
>
> > You mean you actually *beleive* Jim Groat's tall tales.
> >
> > Such a sad little man.
>
> I wasn't passing judgement one way or another about what Jim Groat said,
> since I hadn't heard it myself. However, what you said and the way you
> said it implied what ever it was he was talking about was right.

What I said was that you believe Jim Groat, and if you knew about Graot,
you'd know his penchant for tall tales (such as the time he was taking
donations because his house *allegedly* had it's roof blown off by a tornado).

Nebulous

May 14, 2002, 11:35:17 PM5/14/02

mhirtes wrote

> Yeah. I just don't have the ability to kiss ass. What a shame.

FYI
"not kissing ass" is not the same thing as "acting like an ass".

HTH:HAND

--
Nebulous Rikulau
(Linnaeus) had originally thought of trinomial nomenclature, and when

Brian Graeme

May 14, 2002, 11:57:47 PM5/14/02
I have it on good authority that Hirtes' mom was scared by the Goatse man,
which explains why she gave birth to such a tremendous asshole...

"Baloo Ursidae" <ba...@ursine.dyndns.org> wrote in message

Blackberry

May 15, 2002, 12:11:59 AM5/15/02
On 14 May 2002 12:18:25 -0700, cath...@earthlink.net wrote:

>[...]

> (h) Living on disability (mental disability; what the Tucson Mob
>calls "Government Stupid Money"). If you work and pay taxes,
>remember: You're mhirtes' source of income.
>[...]

For that matter, you all (in the USA) pay my income too, because I'm contracted
with the Federal Government.

If he's on disability for a legitimate reason, that's his business. I hope the
same is available for me if I ever were to need it.

mhirtes

May 15, 2002, 12:48:58 AM5/15/02

Brian Graeme wrote:

> I have it on good authority that Hirtes' mom was scared by the Goatse man,
> which explains why she gave birth to such a tremendous asshole...

Oh yeah, only YOU would slither so low as to make a comment about one's
mother. Huh Brian? Shitting on me's not good enough, so you even have to
drag my mother into it. So typical. So..........FURRY.

And, since we're on the subject anyway, I might as well mention that I
at least knew my mother. Totally unlike Brian here, who who for years
neither knew nor cared about the wherabouts of his, until the
possibility of raking in some of that phat 9/11 cash came around.

But, wouldn't you know it? She's alive after all. Oh, what a shame.

Tough luck, Brian. Better luck next time, eh wot?

Glen Wooten

May 15, 2002, 1:09:19 AM5/15/02
Alright, I was planning on just letting 'Mazin Michael wear himself out,
slink off to his Momma's basement, and leave us alone for a while. But
no, Michael's off his lithium, and is having an episode. Normally, I
might just watch and laugh, but this is just too much. Most people in the
fandom know that Mark & I have had disagreements (generally over the
ConFurence art show), so I could hardly be called "In his pocket". But
this crap - Michael, do you think that no one remembers the things you've
done in the past?

mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net> wrote:

> And this was something I've been trying to tell you guys since 1990, but
> all I got was a vast amounts of shit for it, accusations of being
> "homophobic", and misery ever since, because Merlino was the "sacred
> cow" back then that no one dare speak against (lest ye be judged a
> heretic), much like some sacred cows of today.
>
> Mark Merlino used his "sexual preference" as a shield AND as a blunt
> intrument. Milking the "none dare call him Faggot" attitudes of
> Political Correctness for every drop.
>
> And this is where I ran afoul of the fandom. All went downhill from
> there.
>
> All these years of misery. All these years of being branded with a bad
> rep, simply because I DIDN'T want to be buttfucked by a scrawny little
> runt on a power-trip whom everyone thinks is the God-Emperor of all
> things furry, and I had to pay the price for that defiance. Imagine
> that.

Mark is not my bestest-buddy-in-the-whole-wide-world, but I do consider us
to be on friendly terms. Therefore, when I see something that's a
bald-faced as this, it makes me slightly upset. You're a lying sack of
sh*t, you know that Michael? You forgot that you called us up about this
in the days before you were banned from ever calling us again. Let me
refresh your memory...

It was about a week after ConFurence, and you were back home. Sadly, you
had the thought "I think I'll call Terrie and Glen and bore them to tears
with my witty repartee". You talked about how you stayed the night before
and the night after at Mark's (you had asked him to put you up, he didn't
beg you to stay over), and about how you were in constant fear of the
"Rectum Rangers". After you repeated this about 3 times, I told you to
stop, and asked if anyone tried to do anything to you. You said no. I
asked if anyone tried to hit on you in any way. You said no. I said "So
what the h*ll is the problem? What did they do?" Your response (and I
remember it quite well) was: "But they're all faggots there!" My
response: "And you asked to stay over there - and no one did anything - so
what the h*ll is the problem!?" You just sort of mumbled, then
(mercifully) ended the call.

Now, a quick look into my crystal ball will tell me that your next words
are something on the order of "What crack are you on, old man?", or "What
a crock of sh*t, you would say something like that." In fact, I would say
something like that - since it's exactly what you told me. Your disease
is messing with your long-term memory again - you never seem to think that
people can dredge up your own words against you.

You need help, Michael. You either have a chemical imbalance, or severe
mental problems, or both. The fact that you are a screaming homophobe is
blatantly obvious. You've followed me & Terrie from Fandom to Fandom,
always being an irritant to all around you. Why don't you make the next
move, and jump to the next fandom first? With luck, they'll eat you up,
and NOT spit you out, and no one here will have to listen to your whining
little voice ever again.

--
Glen Wooten

| primary: jag...@rexx.com | secondary: leo...@aol.com |

| Terrie's web page: http://www.rexx.com/~jaguar |

mhirtes

May 15, 2002, 2:55:32 AM5/15/02

Grand Inquisitor (and part-time Huggy Bear) Glen Wooten wrote:

> Alright, I was planning on just letting 'Mazin Michael wear himself out,
> slink off to his Momma's basement, and leave us alone for a while. But
> no, Michael's off his lithium, and is having an episode. Normally, I
> might just watch and laugh, but this is just too much. Most people in the
> fandom know that Mark & I have had disagreements (generally over the
> ConFurence art show), so I could hardly be called "In his pocket". But
> this crap - Michael, do you think that no one remembers the things you've
> done in the past?

Well, you certainly like to "remember" these, you arrogant little fuck
(even if you have to make them up). Too bad that unlike other hobbies,
you can't sell this collection of your's on eBay.

> Mark is not my bestest-buddy-in-the-whole-wide-world, but I do consider us
> to be on friendly terms. Therefore, when I see something that's a
> bald-faced as this, it makes me slightly upset.

Especially since I'm the one revealing it.

> You're a lying sack of
> sh*t, you know that Michael?

Coming from a pimp like you, I'm hardly giving a fuck. I'm perfectly
happy with who I am, and it's not something that requires YOUR approval.

> You forgot that you called us up about this
> in the days before you were banned from ever calling us again. Let me
> refresh your memory...
>
> It was about a week after ConFurence, and you were back home. Sadly, you
> had the thought "I think I'll call Terrie and Glen and bore them to tears
> with my witty repartee". You talked about how you stayed the night before
> and the night after at Mark's (you had asked him to put you up, he didn't
> beg you to stay over),

Actually, it was Jerry "Skiltaire In Training" Case that wanted to stay
over. Not having anywhere else I could go, I had no choice but to come
along for the ride.

> and about how you were in constant fear of the
> "Rectum Rangers". After you repeated this about 3 times, I told you to
> stop, and asked if anyone tried to do anything to you. You said no.

Which is probably why you didn't read about a bloody massacre happening
in Garden Grove, I'll tell you that.

> asked if anyone tried to hit on you in any way. You said no. I said "So
> what the h*ll is the problem? What did they do?" Your response (and I
> remember it quite well) was: "But they're all faggots there!"

Oh, if YOU heard the peculiar loud noises going on the living room that
I had to when trying to get some sleep way at the back of the house,
you'd understand. But then, everything is never wrong in your perfect world.

I suppose you'd think that they were having a bible study (well, _might_
explain all that oil).

And all we have is what you said. Got a recording of it (I would think
that you just may, since you seem to want to recall every last bit of
this alleged conversation). Make an .mp3 and send it to me for proof.
Until then, you're the one that's full of shit.

> Now, a quick look into my crystal ball will tell me that your next words
> are something on the order of "What crack are you on, old man?", or "What
> a crock of sh*t, you would say something like that." In fact, I would say
> something like that - since it's exactly what you told me. Your disease
> is messing with your long-term memory again - you never seem to think that
> people can dredge up your own words against you.

Especially since I can be easily accused of anything, regardless of how
outlandish or unfounded, such as that claim that I was once spreading
the rumor about Terrie getting killed in a car wreck (no such luck).

> The fact that you are a screaming homophobe is
> blatantly obvious.

And, as I've seen many a time before, there's that old PC "none dare
call him Faggot" social intimidation that Mark's ilk has used to his
advantage for years.

It's not homophobia when the subject really IS a militant gay with a
selfish agenda, or are you now going to deny THAT about Mark?

Well, come on! Put up or shut up. Deny that Mark Merlino had an agenda
to faggotise furry fandom.

> You've followed me & Terrie from Fandom to Fandom,

No. I've only been in two fandoms, and they had nothing to do with you.
Back in the day, Terrie carpet-bombed EQ fandom with art for all it's
worth until WaRP put a shutdown on her little T-Shirt racket, so she
moved over to furries to milk, where the pockets were deep and the money
was flowing.

If I'm not supposed to be in a fandom simply because His & Her Majesty
just _happen_ to be there, well then fuck you.

Yes folks. Glen here loves to crap on people he feels superior over. Not
that HE has any bones in his closet, mind you (perfect people never do,
don'cha know). And when someone may actually say something unkind about
his "Chester factory", *ssssssshink!* Out come the long knives!

mhirtes

May 15, 2002, 3:10:37 AM5/15/02

Mathue wrote:

> Staying as you are Mike will pretty much doom you to continuing the
> life you lead today* and it won't have anything to do with anyone (or
> group or fandom or whatnot) but yourself. You can take or leave the
> managerial advice I’m giving you about changing and bettering yourself.

The situation is, I'm perfectly happy with myself, as I am. I decided
that since there's only one trip around in this life, I wasn't going to
waste any more of it it kowtowing to jackasses and scumbags. Eight long
years of dumping my sweat, mnd, heart, and soul into working on a zine
has taught me that hard lesson in spades. What was my reward for all
that hard work? A: Brian O'Connell.

I should thank him in a way tho. If not for his little backstab, I might
have gone on for who knows how many more years, stubbornly toiling away
in futility for the benefit of people who treat me like dung.

It seems that the problem is that OTHERS wished to mold me into what
THEY want me to be, and the misery I catch for not bending to their will
(such the way I had been made a pariah ever since I dared not to be one
of Merlino's butt-minions).

But I guess I never eally was a furry anyway. Since, as mark required,
you HAVE to declare your "inner animal" (ie, "Ken Cougar", "Sy Sable",
etc.). No wonder why I was such a square peg.

Then again, being that way DID help me avoid falling for traps laid out
by media vultures like Castro. One man's paranoia is another's
awareness. Too bad others in this fandom didn't have that Spidey-Sense.
Maybe it would have spared them the shame of being the goofiest things
in costume on Mtv since the Blind Melon "Bee Girl".

> It’s pretty clear there are some very major issues that you can’t or
> won’t improve and it’s entirely up to you as to whether you have the
> desire to better them.

You go first. You seem to think you know the way.

Glen Wooten

May 15, 2002, 4:03:51 AM5/15/02
The rest of your post only proves your insanity, however this part:

mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net> wrote:

> Especially since I can be easily accused of anything, regardless of how
> outlandish or unfounded, such as that claim that I was once spreading
> the rumor about Terrie getting killed in a car wreck (no such luck).

Thank you for your kind thoughts about my wife - and may you too be
afflicted in the same way the next time you're ranting and raving on a
street corner (maybe by a kind passer-by who feels it's the only way to
save the world...)

But, to the net-at-large, I must apologize for my part in the events of
4/14/95. If you will recall, Michael, the majority of AFF was calling for
your head as it was leaked that you were posting at the exact same time as
the fake auto wreck report - so it was assumed to be you doing the
posting. My folly was to report that I had evidence pointing to the
person who did it, but that it did not directly point to you. I saved
your ass, boy. Had I not done that, possibly no one would have been
afflicted by you since that time. To AFF, I am truly sorry.

MarkNineHawk

May 15, 2002, 4:14:45 AM5/15/02
>From: mhirtes mhi...@radiks.net
>
>And all we have is what you said. Got a recording of it (I would think
>that you just may, since you seem to want to recall every last bit of
>this alleged conversation). Make an .mp3 and send it to me for proof.
>Until then, you're the one that's full of shit.

What proof do you have that this alleged event ever happened? Glen's not the
one shrieking at the top of his lungs.

>Especially since I can be easily accused of anything, regardless of how
>outlandish or unfounded, such as that claim that I was once spreading
>the rumor about Terrie getting killed in a car wreck (no such luck).

"Gee, I wish your wife HAD been killed!" Milk of human kindness there, folks!

>Well, come on! Put up or shut up. Deny that Mark Merlino had an
>agenda to faggotise furry

Umm, how about proving that he did? Not high-pitched screams, but some actual
hard evidence? Wait, I've got a better one: "Answer yes or no - have you
stopped beating your wife?"

>Yes folks. Glen here loves to crap on people he feels superior over. Not
>that HE has any bones in his closet, mind you (perfect people never
>do, don'cha know). And when someone may actually say something
>unkind about his "Chester factory", *ssssssshink!* Out come the long
>knives!

At least he doesn't scream out all of his problems to everyone on the net. And
yes, I'd expect him to want to respond when you insult his wife - what has she
ever done to you, BTW? Other than NOT suck up to you, that is.

MarkNineHawk

May 15, 2002, 4:25:01 AM5/15/02
>From: Glen Wooten jag...@rexx.com
>
>The rest of your post only proves your insanity, however this part:

Amen, Brother!

>mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net> wrote:
>>
>> Especially since I can be easily accused of anything, regardless of >> how
outlandish or unfounded, such as that claim that I was once
>> spreading the rumor about Terrie getting killed in a car wreck (no
>> such luck).
>
>Thank you for your kind thoughts about my wife - and may you too be
>afflicted in the same way the next time you're ranting and raving on a
>street corner (maybe by a kind passer-by who feels it's the only way to
>save the world...)

There was a report not that long ago about one of those sterno bums who ranted
down on the Loop who got the crap kicked out of him by 2 guys that he accosted
and would not leave alone. Witnesses said that they tried to leave, but he kept
following them, screaming all the way. He shoved one of them because they
weren't agreeing with him - then his buddy turned around and decked the bum.
There's a lesson in this, but I don't think it will be learned.

mhirtes

May 15, 2002, 4:31:24 AM5/15/02

Glen Wooten wrote:

> The rest of your post only proves your insanity,

Proabaly because it's in defiance of your arrogance.

however this part:

> mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net> wrote:
> >
> > Especially since I can be easily accused of anything, regardless of how
> > outlandish or unfounded, such as that claim that I was once spreading
> > the rumor about Terrie getting killed in a car wreck (no such luck).
>
> Thank you for your kind thoughts about my wife

Yerwelkum. I'm sure the daydream of me under the wheels of a semi has
crossed your skull quite a few times, so don't play that shit with me, guy.

> - and may you too be
> afflicted in the same way the next time you're ranting and raving on a
> street corner (maybe by a kind passer-by who feels it's the only way to
> save the world...)

Sorry. I'm *paranoid*, remember? That kinda sense keeps us out of a lot
of hazerdous situations (after all, it helped me avoid Merlino's
meatmissle, didn't it?)

> But, to the net-at-large, I must apologize for my part in the events of
> 4/14/95.

Yep. Glen noted the very date. Every detail, every flaw. Oh, the amount
of paper he must have about me in his dossier must've decimated a whole
forest. J. Edgar Hoover would be PROUD of your obsession, m'boyh!

> If you will recall, Michael, the majority of AFF was calling for
> your head as it was leaked that you were posting at the exact same time as
> the fake auto wreck report - so it was assumed to be you doing the
> posting.

So EASY to make such an assumption when it comes to that eeeeeevil
little Hirtes, eh? Sorry, I was just a fetus back in November '63, so I
*wasn't* the one in the Grassy Gnoll. But, I *was* around when Watergate
happened, so who knows?

Let's see you try to PROVE it tho! MWA-HAHAHAHAHAAA!! Liddy knows how to
keep a secret (if he knows what's good for him).

> My folly was to report that I had evidence pointing to the
> person who did it, but that it did not directly point to you. I saved
> your ass, boy.

Considerring how you guys got me INTO it................

> Had I not done that, possibly no one would have been
> afflicted by you since that time. To AFF, I am truly sorry.

Yes, Glen would rather continue living a lie rather than admit the
truthful fact that I'm NOT the one behind all the evil in the world.

mhirtes

May 15, 2002, 4:34:12 AM5/15/02

MarkNineHawk wrote:

> >From: mhirtes mhi...@radiks.net
> >
> >And all we have is what you said. Got a recording of it (I would think
> >that you just may, since you seem to want to recall every last bit of
> >this alleged conversation). Make an .mp3 and send it to me for proof.
> >Until then, you're the one that's full of shit.
>
> What proof do you have that this alleged event ever happened? Glen's not the
> one shrieking at the top of his lungs.
>
> >Especially since I can be easily accused of anything, regardless of how
> >outlandish or unfounded, such as that claim that I was once spreading
> >the rumor about Terrie getting killed in a car wreck (no such luck).
>
> "Gee, I wish your wife HAD been killed!" Milk of human kindness there, folks!

Twelve years of being in furry fandom can make you that way. Then again,
I never had a wife's artistic talents to exploit, so who knows what
might have happened?

> >Well, come on! Put up or shut up. Deny that Mark Merlino had an
> >agenda to faggotise furry
>
> Umm, how about proving that he did? Not high-pitched screams, but some actual
> hard evidence?

Have you been reading some of these other posts? There's been at least
one other that's been verifying the type of person I've been describing.

mhirtes

May 15, 2002, 4:43:32 AM5/15/02

MarkNineHawk wrote:

> >From: Glen Wooten jag...@rexx.com
> >
> >The rest of your post only proves your insanity, however this part:
>
> Amen, Brother!

Where did you find room to kiss Glen's ass? So many kissmarks already.

Not that Glen would ever notice your lips being planted on his roayal
ass. He's gotten so used to it by now.

Hmmmmmm, what IF Terrie HAD been taken out of the picture? What would
Glen do now? His involvement with furry would come to a screeching halt,
unless he made a living off of selling her prints like always. Exept
that he'd charge 3X now, the necro!

Oh well, at least that means he could join up with Mark Iennaco and that
guy who was Kyla Littlejohn's hubbie to form the "Our Wimmunz Done Left
Us, And Now We're Fucked" Club.

Karl Xydexx Jorgensen

May 15, 2002, 10:18:32 AM5/15/02
Mathue wrote:
>It's pretty clear there are some very major issues that you can't or
>won't improve and it's entirely up to you as to whether you have the
>desire to better them.

Or, as summed up by someone on LiveJournal last week:

"It's evidently easier to be petulant than self-aware."
--- August_the_Bat

Karl Xydexx Jorgensen / Xydexx Squeakypony, KSC
Anthrofurry Infocenter:
http://www.xydexx.com/anthrofurry

Blackberry

May 15, 2002, 10:57:52 AM5/15/02
On Wed, 15 May 2002 01:55:32 -0500, mhirtes wrote:

>[...]

>Oh, if YOU heard the peculiar loud noises going on the living room that
>I had to when trying to get some sleep way at the back of the house,
>you'd understand. But then, everything is never wrong in your perfect world.
>
>I suppose you'd think that they were having a bible study (well, _might_
>explain all that oil).
>[...]

You knew who they were. You chose to stay at their house. You chose to be
offended by the thought of them having sex. If you didn't want to be around
homosexuals, you should have stayed somewhere else.

Was it rude of them to have rough, squishy sex in the next room? Some would say
yes, some would say no.

It really does make it *seem* like you're only complaining because they were
both male.

>Especially since I can be easily accused of anything, regardless of how
>outlandish or unfounded, such as that claim that I was once spreading
>the rumor about Terrie getting killed in a car wreck (no such luck).

I actually remember that rumor!

>[...]

>Well, come on! Put up or shut up. Deny that Mark Merlino had an agenda
>to faggotise furry fandom.

He apparently wanted to bring in all his friends as well as bring in potential
sex partners. If he had been straight, they would have been young ladies. I
think it's just a coincidence.

>No. I've only been in two fandoms, and they had nothing to do with you.
>Back in the day, Terrie carpet-bombed EQ fandom with art for all it's
>worth until WaRP put a shutdown on her little T-Shirt racket, so she
>moved over to furries to milk, where the pockets were deep and the money
>was flowing.

You know, this is scary, but I was "in EQ fandom" at that time too. Looks like
I follow you around!

>[...]
>Yes folks. Glen here loves to crap on people he feels superior over. [...]

"Paging Dr. Heal-Thyself... Dr. Heal-Thyself, please report to Glass House to
throw stones."

Ken Pick

May 15, 2002, 12:03:13 PM5/15/02
Blackberry <le...@NOanthrobunnySPAM.com> wrote in message news:<abrgi...@drn.newsguy.com>...
> On 14 May 2002 09:25:55 -0700, cath...@earthlink.net wrote:
> >
> >[...]
> >And there are some jerkwads in the fandom to whom "not being gay" *is*
> >a sin. I've had to put up with some really stupid pickup lines, a lot
> >of them on the order of "Everybody's gay (or bi), you're just denying
> >it."
>
> Well, I have to inform you that this isn't limited to furryfans. I know some
> gay men who love to try to harass straight men, for some reason.

Is there any evidence that this sort of harasser is attracted to
fandom? Other than the general trend for fandom to attract those who
can't fit in anywhere else?

Ken Pick

May 15, 2002, 12:34:53 PM5/15/02
"David Peters" <Fadi...@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:<hrxD8.27$qw2.20...@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>...
> Dear List Members:
>
> I have been hearing about this individual now for a few years now Mike
> Hirtes and he seems to be making the round of constant conversation. So
> what is the character profile of this person?
>
> Fadi...@prodigy.net

Well, just from the postings here, "mhirtes" is:

1) A Jerk.

2) Very loudmouthed about it -- at least on the Net, where he's
safely out of fist range.

3) Has a real hair up his ass about Mark Merlino -- but then, since
1982 Merlino's been pretty much a jerk himself, and his attitude has
turned several people against him.

4) Also has some form of obsessive grudge against Terrie Smith & Glen
Wooten.

The thing is, "mhirtes" sometimes makes valid points/observations in
his neverending rants, but he's so much of a jerk that he
automatically discredits them even as he makes them. Yiffy-boiz and
asshole fanboys can just point to "That's what Hirtes said" to
discredit any criticism -- even better than "You're just a Burned
Fur".

Do you think "mhirtes" is actually an agent provocateur for Mustelid
Mark & Co? He runs interference to discredit any disagreement or
criticism in advance by screaming it in his rants?

Blackberry

May 15, 2002, 12:27:10 PM5/15/02
On 15 May 2002 09:03:13 -0700, cath...@earthlink.net wrote:

>> Well, I have to inform you that this isn't limited to furryfans. I know some
>> gay men who love to try to harass straight men, for some reason.
>
>Is there any evidence that this sort of harasser is attracted to
>fandom? Other than the general trend for fandom to attract those who
>can't fit in anywhere else?

Like I was saying, they're as attracted to furry fandom as they're attracted to
being waiters or working in the insurance industry or attending
all-you-can-drink beer nights or anything else. Unfortunate people are
everywhere.

AJL

May 15, 2002, 2:53:20 PM5/15/02
mhirtes wrote:
> > Hmmm... Your homophobia is showing again. No one here ever mentioned a
> > thing about your sexual preferences, did they?
> >

> Check with Jerry again. Sure seemed to matter to him (and to Merlino)
> that I wasn't militantly gay, nor embraced it with enthusiasticly open arms.

Let's see... You are militantly homophobic in front of two openly
bisexual people and they shunned you for it... so it's their fault,
right?

Yeah, in a twisted michael hirtes sort of way, that makes sense.

blech!

mhirtes

May 15, 2002, 2:56:51 PM5/15/02

Blackberry wrote:

> On Wed, 15 May 2002 01:55:32 -0500, mhirtes wrote:
> >
> >[...]
> >Oh, if YOU heard the peculiar loud noises going on the living room that
> >I had to when trying to get some sleep way at the back of the house,
> >you'd understand. But then, everything is never wrong in your perfect world.
> >
> >I suppose you'd think that they were having a bible study (well, _might_
> >explain all that oil).
> >[...]
>
> You knew who they were. You chose to stay at their house.

No I didn't. Jerry chose to, and I had no choice but to tag along (it
was either that or be stranded several thousand miles from home. Some
choice, huh?).

> You chose to be
> offended by the thought of them having sex. If you didn't want to be around
> homosexuals, you should have stayed somewhere else.

WHERE else?

> Was it rude of them to have rough, squishy sex in the next room? Some would say
> yes, some would say no.
>
> It really does make it *seem* like you're only complaining because they were
> both male.

If I was female, I'd be offended by lesbians being noisy as well.

> >Especially since I can be easily accused of anything, regardless of how
> >outlandish or unfounded, such as that claim that I was once spreading
> >the rumor about Terrie getting killed in a car wreck (no such luck).
>
> I actually remember that rumor!

Of COURSE you do.

> >[...]
> >Well, come on! Put up or shut up. Deny that Mark Merlino had an agenda
> >to faggotise furry fandom.
>
> He apparently wanted to bring in all his friends as well as bring in potential
> sex partners.

A "potential sex partner" I apparently wasn't, and in Mark's little
world, you know what _that_ makes you?

> If he had been straight, they would have been young ladies. I
> think it's just a coincidence.

Young ladies? Young ladies who just happened to NOT have a boyfriend? In
THIS fandom?? ROFLMAO!

In fandom, a female fan is either (a) under 18, (b) over 300 lbs. (c)
married or already with S/O.

AJL

May 15, 2002, 3:02:55 PM5/15/02
mhirtes wrote:
> and these
> asswipes made life in this fandom a runny bowl of shit for me ever since.

Ever stop to think that maybe you were a "runny bowl of shit" before
entering the fandom, and you just brought it with you?

When my cat was ill, using the litterbox was painful. Cats don't detect
pain as coming from inside, so he blamed the litterbox and started
trying to pee elsewhere. Everywhere he went, it also hurt him. After a
day or to of this highly unuslual behavior I took him to the vet and the
doctor was able to explain this behavior to me, treated my cat, and all
was better.

You're like the sick cat who blames everything else around him for his
problems, when he is actually bringing the problems with him.

Go get some help, Michael, and stop pissing in every corner of the
house!

mhirtes

May 15, 2002, 3:07:01 PM5/15/02

Ken Pick wrote:

> "David Peters" <Fadi...@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:<hrxD8.27$qw2.20...@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>...
> > Dear List Members:
> >
> > I have been hearing about this individual now for a few years now Mike
> > Hirtes and he seems to be making the round of constant conversation. So
> > what is the character profile of this person?
> >
> > Fadi...@prodigy.net
>
> Well, just from the postings here, "mhirtes" is:
>
> 1) A Jerk.
>
> 2) Very loudmouthed about it -- at least on the Net, where he's
> safely out of fist range.

Oh yeah. Just _try_ it.

> 3) Has a real hair up his ass about Mark Merlino

Which is the ONLY thing Merlino's gonna have up my ass, I'll tell you
that. If you have'nt been able to see what sort of damage he has caused
to this fandom, then I can't do any more for you.

> -- but then, since
> 1982 Merlino's been pretty much a jerk himself, and his attitude has
> turned several people against him.
>
> 4) Also has some form of obsessive grudge against Terrie Smith & Glen
> Wooten.

Arrogance sickens me. 'Nuff said.

MarkNineHawk

May 15, 2002, 3:09:26 PM5/15/02
>From: mhirtes mhi...@radiks.net
>
>Glen Wooten wrote:
>>
>> The rest of your post only proves your insanity,
>
>Proabaly because it's in defiance of your arrogance.

Let's see, anyone who disagrees with you is arrogant;

>Yerwelkum. I'm sure the daydream of me under the wheels of a
>semi has crossed your skull quite a few times, so don't play that
>shit with me, guy.

Sounds like he would just rather not hear from you ever again, because to think
about you would mean he'd have to think about you, and I could see most people
trying to avoid that at all costs.

>> But, to the net-at-large, I must apologize for my part in the
>> events of 4/14/95.
>
>Yep. Glen noted the very date. Every detail, every flaw. Oh, the
>amount of paper he must have about me in his dossier must've
>decimated a whole forest. J. Edgar Hoover would be PROUD of your
>obsession, m'boyh!

Maybe he made a note of it for a reason that had nothing to do with you? You
were the one who brought up the incident, after all. Freudian slip, maybe?

>> My folly was to report that I had evidence pointing to the
>> person who did it, but that it did not directly point to you. I saved
>> your ass, boy.
>
>Considerring how you guys got me INTO it................

So, you're accusing Glen of starting it? If he did, why would he save you?

>> Had I not done that, possibly no one would have been
>> afflicted by you since that time. To AFF, I am truly sorry.
>
>Yes, Glen would rather continue living a lie rather than admit the
>truthful fact that I'm NOT the one behind all the evil in the world.

Sure, you're not behind ALL the evil in the world - because that would require
a certain amount of intellect and cunning - both of which you lack.

Let's check the facts:

Everyone who disagrees with you is arrogant and stupid;

Any statement you make is automatically true, while the people whom you've
harrased are always lying;

You are pure as the driven snow, while everyone else in the world is evil and
is plotting to sully your good name;

When you publish pictures of naked creatures in compromising sexual situations
it's good, while artists (who do not contribute to your works) who draw
anything that's not "Care Bears" are in fact pornographers;

Secret squadrons of covert gay men are plotting to "sap and impurify your
precious bodily fluids", and convert you to their Communist ways;

You're quite upset that everyone else's ass gets kissed, but D*mnit, no one
kisses yours!

Conclusion:

I think Glen got it right before: you're got severe mental and/or chemical
problems, and need to seek help immediately!

Blackberry

May 15, 2002, 3:21:52 PM5/15/02
On Wed, 15 May 2002 13:56:51 -0500, mhirtes wrote:

>> You knew who they were. You chose to stay at their house.
>
>No I didn't. Jerry chose to, and I had no choice but to tag along (it
>was either that or be stranded several thousand miles from home. Some
>choice, huh?).

Well, you could have said, "Jerry, you know, I think you're bi, so I'd probably
be better off staying with other friends for the con." You don't seem like a
person who is easy to force. I know Jerry Case too, and he may be tall, but I
wouldn't call him brawny enough to hold you down (unless you're Harlan
Ellison-shrimpy).

>> You chose to be
>> offended by the thought of them having sex. If you didn't want to be around
>> homosexuals, you should have stayed somewhere else.
>
>WHERE else?

I used to live in L.A. I know there are motels around, if you know no other
acquaintances. You could hitchhike and crash on a stranger's stinky couch, and
hope they're not into worse stuff.

You're confusing "only one option presented to you" and "forced into a single
destiny".

>>Was it rude of them to have rough, squishy sex in the next room? Some would say
>> yes, some would say no.
>>
>> It really does make it *seem* like you're only complaining because they were
>> both male.
>
>If I was female, I'd be offended by lesbians being noisy as well.

Would you have been offended if it was a straight couple?

>> >Especially since I can be easily accused of anything, regardless of how
>> >outlandish or unfounded, such as that claim that I was once spreading
>> >the rumor about Terrie getting killed in a car wreck (no such luck).
>>
>> I actually remember that rumor!
>
>Of COURSE you do.

Eh?

>> >[...]
>> >Well, come on! Put up or shut up. Deny that Mark Merlino had an agenda
>> >to faggotise furry fandom.
>>
>>He apparently wanted to bring in all his friends as well as bring in potential
>> sex partners.
>
>A "potential sex partner" I apparently wasn't, and in Mark's little
>world, you know what _that_ makes you?

You're switching the point.

>> If he had been straight, they would have been young ladies. I
>> think it's just a coincidence.
>
>Young ladies? Young ladies who just happened to NOT have a boyfriend? In
>THIS fandom?? ROFLMAO!

Again you're switching the point.

>In fandom, a female fan is either (a) under 18, (b) over 300 lbs. (c)
>married or already with S/O.

Well, according to you, furry fandom didn't really exist before Mark Merlino
started it, so if he had been straight and brought in possibly-barely-legal
girls to pack his convention, that wouldn't have been true.

Oh, and you should make those check boxes instead of radio buttons, because
several of them can apparently be true at once.

mhirtes

May 15, 2002, 4:49:26 PM5/15/02

AJL wrote:

> mhirtes wrote:
> > and these
> > asswipes made life in this fandom a runny bowl of shit for me ever since.
>
> Ever stop to think that maybe you were a "runny bowl of shit" before
> entering the fandom, and you just brought it with you?

Sure, go ahead and take no blame for it.

mhirtes

May 15, 2002, 4:51:47 PM5/15/02

MarkNineHawk wrote:

> >From: mhirtes mhi...@radiks.net
> >
> >Glen Wooten wrote:
> >>
> >> The rest of your post only proves your insanity,
> >
> >Proabaly because it's in defiance of your arrogance.
>
> Let's see, anyone who disagrees with you is arrogant;

No, just Glen. So long as his "Chester factory" keeps at it, he can go
around acting like his shit don't stink.

> I think Glen got it right before: you're got severe mental and/or chemical
> problems, and need to seek help immediately!

And yet, I still wasn't mental enough to appear on Mtv in a goofy
costume. Go fig.

mhirtes

May 15, 2002, 4:58:03 PM5/15/02

Blackberry wrote:

> On Wed, 15 May 2002 13:56:51 -0500, mhirtes wrote:
> >
> >> You knew who they were. You chose to stay at their house.
> >
> >No I didn't. Jerry chose to, and I had no choice but to tag along (it
> >was either that or be stranded several thousand miles from home. Some
> >choice, huh?).
>
> Well, you could have said, "Jerry, you know, I think you're bi, so I'd probably
> be better off staying with other friends for the con."

I was only in the fandom for less than six months at the time. There was
NO alternative.

And you wanna know something? NONE of this is any of your fucking
business. Not Glen's. Not your's. NO one's. So why don't you shove your
opinions on things you know nothing about straight up your ass, if you
can find your own ass that is.

> You don't seem like a
> person who is easy to force. I know Jerry Case too, and he may be tall, but I
> wouldn't call him brawny enough to hold you down (unless you're Harlan
> Ellison-shrimpy).
>
> >> You chose to be
> >> offended by the thought of them having sex. If you didn't want to be around
> >> homosexuals, you should have stayed somewhere else.
> >
> >WHERE else?
>
> I used to live in L.A. I know there are motels around, if you know no other
> acquaintances. You could hitchhike and crash on a stranger's stinky couch, and
> hope they're not into worse stuff.
>
> You're confusing "only one option presented to you" and "forced into a single
> destiny".
>
> >>Was it rude of them to have rough, squishy sex in the next room? Some would say
> >> yes, some would say no.
> >>
> >> It really does make it *seem* like you're only complaining because they were
> >> both male.
> >
> >If I was female, I'd be offended by lesbians being noisy as well.
>
> Would you have been offended if it was a straight couple?

Actually, yes. I was trying to sleep, and how come I'm the only one who
isn't allowed to have feelings?

> >A "potential sex partner" I apparently wasn't, and in Mark's little
> >world, you know what _that_ makes you?
>
> You're switching the point.

No, that IS the point. Most here still refuses to admit the fact that
Merlino had a personal agenda to make furry fandom one big gay orgy.
Straights not welcome.

So fuck the lot of you who despise me. All you're doing is verifying the
bullshit I had to go through here. Go clean the bones out of your OWN
closets instead of picking through the skeletons in mine.

Till then, I'll just wait for the NEXT "Vanity Fair" to out you dinks
once more.

Kitryn de Pluie

May 15, 2002, 5:08:28 PM5/15/02
On Wed 15 May 2002 04:49:26p, mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net> had the
audacity to state the following:
>> > and these
>> > asswipes made life in this fandom a runny bowl of shit for me ever
>> > since.
>>
>> Ever stop to think that maybe you were a "runny bowl of shit" before
>> entering the fandom, and you just brought it with you?
>
> Sure, go ahead and take no blame for it.

Everyone's fault but your own.

--
Kitryn de Pluie the Anthro Fox
DC: DC2.H^Mcf Gm L6f W T Pw Sku Cbk,bag,ebl,cag,wrb A- Fr++"mango" Nu
M(r+v+++1|2*) Ov+3 F+o R+ Ac+++ J+ S- U--- I V Q Tc++[anything but
programming] E

mhirtes

May 15, 2002, 5:16:13 PM5/15/02

AJL wrote:

> mhirtes wrote:
> > > Hmmm... Your homophobia is showing again. No one here ever mentioned a
> > > thing about your sexual preferences, did they?
> > >

> > Check with Jerry again. Sure seemed to matter to him (and to Merlino)
> > that I wasn't militantly gay, nor embraced it with enthusiasticly open arms.
>
> Let's see... You are militantly homophobic in front of two openly
> bisexual people and they shunned you for it... so it's their fault,
> right?

Okay, here's the details (not that it's anyone's f-ing biz):

Tuesday. Jerry & I went to the "Prancing Skiltaire" for the first time.
Before getting in the car, I asked Jerry if I should maybe bring along
my swim trunks, just in case. Jerry said never mind.

Well Mark & Co. weren't home, and the only person who was there told us
that they went off to the beach. Since I was only wearing my jeans, I
really couldn't go, so Jerry & I drove back to Ontario, CA, with Jerry
bitching me out because it was MY fault that HE could'nt go out to the
beach. I said that I asked if I should bring shorts, but mere logic &
truth are no match for Jerry's desire to scapegoat.

SDCC '09, Friday night, 1AM. Coming back to the hotel room. Half hour
later, Jerry and some other guy comes into the room, flicks on the
light. Starts snogging each other (knowing FULL DAMN WELL that I was
already in bed, trying to get some sleep).

Approx. 15 minutes later, they go to bed, and LOUDLY make all sorts of
noises, still knowing that I was in the next bed, trying to get some sleep.

After a half hour of this, I simply got up, put back on my clothes, and
*POLITELY* said "I think I'll go downstairs for a bit" and went to read
a newspaper in the lobby, sip some Barq's, and maybe catch a short nap
in the chair.

Next morning, after only having four hours of sleep in me (four hour's
sleep in a hotel lobby chair is like 10 minutes sleep in a REAL bed),
Jerry *BLISTERS MY EAR OFF* about how "insensitive", "inconsiderrate",
and "homophobic" I was for walking out of the room during their little
slurpfest. Not that he gave a rat's ass about the fact that I was trying
to get some sleep in the other bed. Turdburglars gets the right of way,
as far as he's concerned.

I used to try to be open-minded when it came to homosexuality, but
encounters with the likes of Merlino and Case have made me see the light.

Okay Darell. Even though you WERE NOWHERE NEAR ANY OF THIS, tell me what
a goddamned liar I am. After all, I'm NuTz, and you guys are soooooo stable.

mhirtes

May 15, 2002, 5:18:11 PM5/15/02

Kitryn de Pluie wrote:

> On Wed 15 May 2002 04:49:26p, mhirtes <mhi...@radiks.net> had the
> audacity to state the following:
> >>
> >> Ever stop to think that maybe you were a "runny bowl of shit" before
> >> entering the fandom, and you just brought it with you?
> >
> > Sure, go ahead and take no blame for it.
> >

> Everyone's fault but your own.

No. Don't twist it around. I'm tired of being the only one blamed.

Ken Pick

May 15, 2002, 5:34:44 PM5/15/02
Blackberry <le...@NOanthrobunnySPAM.com> wrote in message news:<abr81...@drn.newsguy.com>...
> On Tue, 14 May 2002 00:35:33 -0500, mhirtes wrote:
> >
> >> Obviously, he wasn't right and you were. Any dolt can see that. =:) Things
> >>went downhill faster than anyone could stop and they had to crash before someone
> >> could push them back uphill.
> >
> >So, when's the pushing uphill part supposed to take place?
>
> Well, I meant Confurence specifically. I think everyone can agree that it's
> improved.

Yes, CF has improved in quality (since the absolute low point of CF8),
but the quantity (size) still has a way to go. It looks like it'll be
an uphill struggle for CF to fully recover from the mistakes of CF10
and the resulting birth (and continuing siphon effect) of FC in its
old time slot.

CF's big problem now is how to redefine itself into a con that will
start attracting more attendees in what's now a saturated market.
It's going to be a blend of location, reputation, content, and
marketing, and they're still trying to find the right combination.

Blackberry

May 15, 2002, 5:12:37 PM5/15/02
On Wed, 15 May 2002 15:51:47 -0500, mhirtes wrote:

>> I think Glen got it right before: you're got severe mental and/or chemical
>> problems, and need to seek help immediately!
>
>And yet, I still wasn't mental enough to appear on Mtv in a goofy
>costume. Go fig.

We just need to get you the goofy costume. =:) I'm getting pretty good at
making them.

Blackberry

May 15, 2002, 5:26:26 PM5/15/02
On Wed, 15 May 2002 15:58:03 -0500, mhirtes wrote:

>[...]

>I was only in the fandom for less than six months at the time. There was
>NO alternative.

He forced you to go to this convention? You had the choice not to go, right?
If I couldn't stand staying with people in their home (and I have stayed at
someone's home for a nearby convention before), I would have just packed up and
left in the middle of the night, walking toward the convention hotel, and taken
the closest motel room I could find.

>And you wanna know something? NONE of this is any of your fucking
>business. Not Glen's. Not your's. NO one's. So why don't you shove your
>opinions on things you know nothing about straight up your ass, if you
>can find your own ass that is.

If you post something on a public discussion forum and then say "Don't discuss
this", well, that's nonsensical. If you don't want people talking about it,
don't post about it.

>> >If I was female, I'd be offended by lesbians being noisy as well.
>>
>> Would you have been offended if it was a straight couple?
>
>Actually, yes. I was trying to sleep, and how come I'm the only one who
>isn't allowed to have feelings?

Eh? I was asking a question, not saying you aren't allowed to have feelings.

>> >A "potential sex partner" I apparently wasn't, and in Mark's little
>> >world, you know what _that_ makes you?
>>
>> You're switching the point.
>
>No, that IS the point. Most here still refuses to admit the fact that
>Merlino had a personal agenda to make furry fandom one big gay orgy.
>Straights not welcome.

No, you are switching the point. I was saying that, if Mark were straight, then
when he started his sex-con, he would have invited young women instead, so the
fact that the fandom has a lot of gay men left over from Mark's introduction is
a coincidence, not necessarily an overriding rule of the fandom to begin with,
which is what you make it out to be.

>So fuck the lot of you who despise me. All you're doing is verifying the
>bullshit I had to go through here. Go clean the bones out of your OWN
>closets instead of picking through the skeletons in mine.
>
>Till then, I'll just wait for the NEXT "Vanity Fair" to out you dinks
>once more.

You're really almost totally gonzo now. Your posts from just yesterday are in a
completely different tone than your posts today. People try to agree with you
and today you bash them. It's almost like it's a defense mechanism. Are you
trying to push people away so that you can see who wants to stay?

Blackberry

May 15, 2002, 5:29:15 PM5/15/02
On Wed, 15 May 2002 16:16:13 -0500, mhirtes wrote:

>[...]

>I used to try to be open-minded when it came to homosexuality, but
>encounters with the likes of Merlino and Case have made me see the light.

Still, the presence of one or more assholes in a set does not mandate that all
members of the set are assholes.

Some cars are Toyotas. Not all cars are Toyotas.

>Okay Darell. Even though you WERE NOWHERE NEAR ANY OF THIS, tell me what
>a goddamned liar I am. After all, I'm NuTz, and you guys are soooooo stable.

I dunno, you seem to be as stable as any other fur that I've known.

It is loading more messages.