Furry Census

Tydence Davis

Jun 11, 2015, 11:33:27 PM6/11/15
All this talk of Zootopia had me thinking.. the fandom has changed a lot over the years..

Anyone know if there are any estimates on how many furries there are?

How many are into what?

- Xhaust

§ñühwö£f

Jun 12, 2015, 3:32:07 PM6/12/15
Tydence Davis wrote:
> All this talk of Zootopia had me thinking.. the fandom has changed a
> lot over the years..
>
> Anyone know if there are any estimates on how many furries there are?

This is hardly the place to ask. Usenet is dead. Find a furry website
with a forum and ask there.

> How many are into what?
>
> - Xhaust

Some are into everything and some arn't.

<nods>

--
http://www.wolfwatcher.org
www.snuhwolf.9f.com|www.savewolves.org

e_voyager

Jun 12, 2015, 10:39:17 PM6/12/15
nothing on the internet ever stays dead.

§ñühwö£f

Jun 13, 2015, 5:28:51 PM6/13/15
e_voyager wrote:
> nothing on the internet ever stays dead.

Heh..."myspace" "friendster" "digg" ring any bells?

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/r-i-p-top-10-failed-social-media-sites/57554/

HTH

e_voyager

Jun 13, 2015, 11:26:19 PM6/13/15
Myspace is still trying to come back. don't ask me why. i never touched friendster or digg but i still see digg icons here and there.

§ñühwö£f

Jun 14, 2015, 4:32:46 PM6/14/15
e_voyager wrote:
> On Saturday, June 13, 2015 at 4:28:51 PM UTC-5, §ñühwö£f wrote:
>> e_voyager wrote:
>>> nothing on the internet ever stays dead.
>> Heh..."myspace" "friendster" "digg" ring any bells?
>>
>> http://www.searchenginejournal.com/r-i-p-top-10-failed-social-media-sites/57554/
>>

>> HTH
>>

> Myspace is still trying to come back. don't ask me why. i never
> touched friendster or digg but i still see digg icons here and
> there.

Theres probably a web forum for furries.

Brian W. Antoine

Jun 18, 2015, 3:09:07 PM6/18/15
On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 14:29:57 -0600, §ñühwö£f <snuh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>e_voyager wrote:
>>> Heh..."myspace" "friendster" "digg" ring any bells?
>>>
>>> http://www.searchenginejournal.com/r-i-p-top-10-failed-social-media-sites/57554/
>>>

>>> HTH
>>>

>> Myspace is still trying to come back. don't ask me why. i never
>> touched friendster or digg but i still see digg icons here and
>> there.
>
>Theres probably a web forum for furries.

We've still got IRC networks. :)

§ñühwö£f

Jun 18, 2015, 4:16:33 PM6/18/15
Brian W. Antoine wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 14:29:57 -0600, §ńühwöŁf <snuh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> e_voyager wrote:

>>> Myspace is still trying to come back. don't ask me why. i never
>>> touched friendster or digg but i still see digg icons here and
>>> there.
>> Theres probably a web forum for furries.
>
> We've still got IRC networks. :)

I never used IRC...its like chat I assume or AOL messenger.

Brian W. Antoine

Jun 23, 2015, 2:25:53 PM6/23/15
On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 14:13:40 -0600, §ñühwö£f <snuh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Brian W. Antoine wrote:

>>> Theres probably a web forum for furries.
>>
>> We've still got IRC networks. :)
>
>I never used IRC...its like chat I assume or AOL messenger.

Yeah, big group chat essentially.

§ñühwö£f

Jun 23, 2015, 3:25:18 PM6/23/15
Kewl. I managed to figure out Twitter.

Dan Skunk

Jul 24, 2015, 7:13:13 PM7/24/15
On 15-06-12 03:29 PM, §ñühwö£f wrote:
> Tydence Davis wrote:
>> All this talk of Zootopia had me thinking.. the fandom has changed a
>> lot over the years..
>>
>> Anyone know if there are any estimates on how many furries there are?
>>
> This is hardly the place to ask. Usenet is dead. Find a furry website
> with a forum and ask there.

Forums are also dead now.

Try some groups on social media.

Dan Skunk

Jul 24, 2015, 7:14:45 PM7/24/15
Which are also dead. No one wants to configure and IRC client or
commands and have text only chats.

Seems to be Skype and Facebook Messenger for chatting now.

Dennis Lee Bieber

Jul 24, 2015, 7:46:20 PM7/24/15
On Fri, 24 Jul 2015 19:13:13 -0400, Dan Skunk <dans...@hotmail.com>
declaimed the following:

>On 15-06-12 03:29 PM, §ñühwö£f wrote:
>> This is hardly the place to ask. Usenet is dead. Find a furry website
>> with a forum and ask there.
>
>Forums are also dead now.
>
>Try some groups on social media.

Usenet is not dead -- various of the COMP.* hierarchy are still active.

"Altnet" (the collective of alt.*) may be dead due to the fracturing as
everyone decided to hop to the latest high-bandwidth, always-online, fad (I
have ZERO accounts on any so-called "social media" site, and try to avoid
accounts on even web-blogs due to that always-on requirement -- my DSL
normally drops to around 400kbps in summer, so I avoid sites that require
constant updates for each new message, preferring background downloading
and reading at leisure)
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlf...@ix.netcom.com HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

§ñühwö£f

Jul 25, 2015, 3:20:43 PM7/25/15
Dan Skunk wrote:
> On 15-06-12 03:29 PM, §ñühwö£f wrote:
>> Tydence Davis wrote:
>>> All this talk of Zootopia had me thinking.. the fandom has changed a
>>> lot over the years..
>>>
>>> Anyone know if there are any estimates on how many furries there are?
>>>
>> This is hardly the place to ask. Usenet is dead. Find a furry website
>> with a forum and ask there.
>
> Forums are also dead now.
>
> Try some groups on social media.

BLASPHEMY!
Usenet rules.

Create your own group on twitter??? Is that even doable? I'm back on the
twitters.

§ñühwö£f

Jul 25, 2015, 3:24:14 PM7/25/15
Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2015 19:13:13 -0400, Dan Skunk <dans...@hotmail.com>
> declaimed the following:
>
>> On 15-06-12 03:29 PM, §ñühwö£f wrote:
>>> This is hardly the place to ask. Usenet is dead. Find a furry website
>>> with a forum and ask there.
>> Forums are also dead now.
>>
>> Try some groups on social media.
>>
> Usenet is not dead -- various of the COMP.* hierarchy are still active.

Agreed. Theres some very active newsgroups. Just not furry ones.
talk.politics.guns is usually active.

> "Altnet" (the collective of alt.*) may be dead due to the fracturing as
> everyone decided to hop to the latest high-bandwidth, always-online, fad (I
> have ZERO accounts on any so-called "social media" site, and try to avoid
> accounts on even web-blogs due to that always-on requirement -- my DSL
> normally drops to around 400kbps in summer, so I avoid sites that require
> constant updates for each new message, preferring background downloading
> and reading at leisure)

Seriously, try twitter out. Its pretty low key. I'm not on facebutt or
any other "social media" sites for much the same reasons.

Skytech

Sep 28, 2015, 11:55:20 AM9/28/15
Into a whole lot of everything furry. Must say I have seen new horizons over the years to venture. The future has been a journey on the sea of furry.

§nühw¤Łf

Sep 28, 2015, 3:42:35 PM9/28/15
Skytech <skyte...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Into a whole lot of everything furry. Must say I have seen new
> horizons over the years to venture. The future has been a journey on
> the sea of furry.

So evryone else left for facebook & twitter and you followed them?
Hmmm...

--
http://signon.org/sign/protect-americas-wolves

joshua...@gmail.com