for the first time? -- in Internet Oracularities Digest #1568

Ivan Shmakov

Nov 5, 2016, 12:55:49 PM11/5/16
I won't claim that I can readily recall the contents of all
the Oracularities digests for the past six years or so since
MLP: FiM has made the franchise a hit, but it seems it's the
first time a MLP reference made it into a digest.

There's a mention of a "rodent costume", too. Somehow, I
suspect the author's the same.

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply.
Your question was:

> Am I on drugs? I just saw a grown man dressed as a My Little Pony.

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:

} Oddly enough, I just had the following question:
}
} Am I on drugs? I am at a Brony convention, and I just saw a
} shire-horse sending an e-mail.

--
FSF associate member #7257 np. Absolution -- Makkon 8916 3013 B6A0 230E 334A

Paul Johnson

Nov 17, 2016, 3:23:01 AM11/17/16
Nice, but bronies aren't furries. Also not sure how I missed that...

§nühw¤Łf

Nov 19, 2016, 1:33:08 PM11/19/16
Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org> wrote in news:fa7afdd8-5311-4233-bd77-
98b234...@googlegroups.com:
I do wonder if furries will be assaulted by Trumps minions?
Hmmmm...

--
http://www.wolfwatcher.org
www.savewolves.org

Ivan Shmakov

Nov 23, 2016, 11:32:34 AM11/23/16

[...]

>> The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply. Your
>> question was:

>> > Am I on drugs? I just saw a grown man dressed as a My Little Pony.

>> And in response, thus spake the Oracle:

>> } Oddly enough, I just had the following question:
>> }
>> } Am I on drugs? I am at a Brony convention, and I just saw a
>> } shire-horse sending an e-mail.

> Nice, but bronies aren't furries.

That depends on the definition in use. In the most broad sense,
I would define "furries" as persons interested in
"anthropomorphic animals". To me, that would include MLP fans
all the same as it would include "Nu, pogodi!" ones.

One obvious way to put a stricter definition would be to require
for a person to be a fan of at least two sufficiently different
"furry" works. There, we would, of course, exclude the bronies
who aren't interested in "furry" works apart from MLP: FiM.

> Also not sure how I missed that...

--
FSF associate member #7257 58F8 0F47 53F5 2EB2 F6A5 8916 3013 B6A0 230E 334A