Wonderbolt Radio

Ivan Shmakov

Dec 7, 2016, 4:50:50 PM12/7/16
Just got four of my favorites in a row on the Wonderbolt Radio.
(And two from the "Elements series" at that.)

Granted, I do like perhaps over half the stuff in their
playlist, yet still, what'd be the odds?...

AcousticBrony -- Kindness [ft. MandoPony]
https://youtu.be/Gn3caYBZLyc

Every now and then, there comes a fictional character who, to
a considerable fraction of fans, is the primary reason behind
their interest in the work at large. Think of Gadget from CDRR,
for instance. To me, this song sounds pretty much like a love
letter to our dear Fluttershy.

Wooden Toaster ft. Mic the Microphone -- Rainbow Factory
(Yoka the Changeling Cover)

AIUI, the original song came from a challenge, and became
instant classic; plain, simple, and chill-giving. Got covered
a number of times, too, with this particular rendition aptly
incorporating a spoken fragment of the fanfic the song inspired.

AcousticBrony -- Generosity [ft. MandoPony and EileMonty]
https://youtu.be/3sJcbxj5zGA

Another one from the Element of Harmony series. Frankly, I find
the choice of words in a few places a tad unusual; something I'd
unlikely have come up with myself. (Huh; is this observation of
any value?...) Still, the song tells its story. I'd even go
as far as to say that it explained a thing or two about Rarity
to me. (Double huh?)

And not to mention the elaborate music it's set to.

Przewalski's Ponies -- Full Moon (Leaving Home)
https://youtu.be/RuTr0jgwRds

To sum it up: carefully crafted lyrics set on quite elaborate
music. I don't think I can add much to that.

http://wonderboltradio.com/
http://s5radio.ponyvillelive.com:8062/stream

--
FSF associate member #7257 58F8 0F47 53F5 2EB2 F6A5 8916 3013 B6A0 230E 334A

Ivan Shmakov

Mar 30, 2017, 2:07:38 PM3/30/17

> Just got four of my favorites in a row on the Wonderbolt Radio.

[...]
This latter resource apparently ceased to exists sometime
mid-February, alas. (While their home page stopped to provide
any relevant information a couple years back.)

And that was thanks to this radio that I've discovered Cyril
[1], of whom I became quite a fan. Their playlist also included
works of such musicians as Aviators, Bronified, and Forest Rain,
which I've grown to appreciate as well.

I'm still listening to Luna Radio [2] (which I've found about
the same time as "Wonderbolt"), though. Speaking of which;
they've got "For a United Equestria" by Carbon Maestro there
again yesterday, and I've finally took a peek at the lyrics [3].

Which just so happened to be in Latin.

I guess I'm way too easily impressed with the use of dead
languages. Not that I know much of Latin grammar, and hardly
can say anything of value regarding the lyrics themselves.

FWIW, the ChipBit radio [4] replaced "Wonderbolt" in my
bookmarks.

[1] http://cyrilthewolf.com/ (Home)
http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Cyril_the_Wolf
[2] http://lunaloves.us/ (Home)
http://radio.ponyvillelive.com:8002/ (Stream)
[3] http://thecarbonmaestro.bandcamp.com/album/pony-empires-complete
[4] http://chipbit.net/ (Home)
http://stream.chipbit.net:8000/autodj.m3u (Stream)

--
FSF associate member #7257 np. Suburban Supernatural -- Fearofdark 230E 334A

Ivan Shmakov

Jun 29, 2017, 1:40:34 PM6/29/17

[...]

>> http://wonderboltradio.com/
>> http://s5radio.ponyvillelive.com:8062/stream

> This latter resource apparently ceased to exists sometime
> mid-February, alas.

[...]

> I'm still listening to Luna Radio [2] (which I've found about the
> same time as "Wonderbolt"), though.

Oh come on, now I can't access /this/ one since last week!

I've tried Alicorn Radio [3], which happens to be too much beat
to my eardrums. Well, Luna Radio isn't all "tunes so smooth
you'll slide out of your chair", either (contrary to), but still
much easier for me to listen.

At the same time, BronyTunes [4] appear to have some mild
compatibility issues with Mpg123 [5], my .mp3 player of choice.

> FWIW, the ChipBit radio [6] replaced "Wonderbolt" in my bookmarks.

... And they happen to have a nice rendition of the Gummi Bears
Theme by Rymdkraft in their playlist. Makes me wonder if there
perhaps is a version of the CDRR theme made in a similar vein?

And a decent selection of other tracks, too. Well, apart of the
occasional "Axel F Theme" remix (I've heard that one way too
many times already, thank you), and a couple other things that
sound just poor. (Like "What's New" played in plain sine wave.)
[3] http://alicornradio.com/ (Home)
http://s5radio.ponyvillelive.com:8008/stream (Stream)
[4] http://bronytunes.com/ (Home)
http://manehattan.bronytunes.com/stream-320.mp3 (Stream)
[5] http://mpg123.org/
[6] http://chipbit.net/ (Home)
FSF associate member #7257 np. Helping Twilight Win The Crown (Aviators Remix)

Ivan Shmakov

Sep 14, 2018, 11:48:35 PM9/14/18

[...]

>> FWIW, the ChipBit radio [1] replaced "Wonderbolt" in my bookmarks.

And then I can't connect there since 2018-07-08!

Meanwhile, I've discovered SLAY Radio [2] with a somewhat
similar focus, albeit with a bit too much beat to my taste.

So, for the time being, I've ended up downloading four of the
http://remix.kwed.org/ torrents (2014 .. 2017; 3.785 GiB total)
and added /that/ to my playlist.

> ... And they happen to have a nice rendition of the Gummi Bears Theme
> by Rymdkraft in their playlist. Makes me wonder if there perhaps is
> a version of the CDRR theme made in a similar vein?

(Still looking for one.)

[...]

[2] http://slayradio.org/ (Home)
http://relay1.slayradio.org:8000/ .. http://relay4.slayradio.org:8000/

--
FSF associate member #7257 http://softwarefreedomday.org/ Today!

tom

Sep 16, 2018, 2:04:16 AM9/16/18
WOW! The slayradio station sounds great! Thank you Ivan for show this
to me. I couldn't get the first stream to work though, error 404.

--
< Beam me up, Scotty! It ate my phaser! >