Hey, Gabriel Gentile...

Blackberry

Sep 27, 2002, 11:56:01 AM9/27/02
Why are you going around spreading rumors that Jim Groat is going to attack Rain
Simpson at MFF? What is that helping? Can you cite your proof please?

--
"...only the government would call a half cup a reasonable serving of ice
cream."

GGentile

Sep 27, 2002, 3:40:06 PM9/27/02
What rumors?

I never said that to anyone.

Where did you hear this from?

Blackberry

Sep 27, 2002, 2:04:38 PM9/27/02

Rebekah Groat.

Obvious Fake. Do Not Harvest.

Sep 28, 2002, 1:26:50 AM9/28/02
>From: Blackberry le...@NOanthrobunnySPAM.com

>On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:40:06 -0600, GGentile wrote:

>>Where did you hear this from?
>
>Rebekah Groat.

Okay, I usually avoid potential flame-fests (this hasn't become one, yet), but
this time I shall give in to temptation and ignore my scruples.

As you may say: "post proof, please."

Better yet, since we know both and Jim & Rebekah read this newsgroup, why don't
we wait to see if they confirm or deny making this accusation? If either is
sharing this with you, they should probably care whether others are aware of it
too.

Please allow me the opportunity to apologize first if my response rubs either
of you the wrong way.

If you want me to see your response, please post.
http://ursine.dyndns.org/cgi-bin/listing.pl
http://members.hostedscripts.com/antispam.html

Blackberry

Sep 28, 2002, 4:38:52 AM9/28/02
On 28 Sep 2002 05:26:50 GMT, ratfinks...@aol.comNOREPLY wrote:

>>From: Blackberry le...@NOanthrobunnySPAM.com
>
>>On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:40:06 -0600, GGentile wrote:
>
>>>Where did you hear this from?
>>
>>Rebekah Groat.
>
>Okay, I usually avoid potential flame-fests (this hasn't become one, yet), but
>this time I shall give in to temptation and ignore my scruples.
>
>As you may say: "post proof, please."
>
>Better yet, since we know both and Jim & Rebekah read this newsgroup, why don't
>we wait to see if they confirm or deny making this accusation? If either is
>sharing this with you, they should probably care whether others are aware of it
>too.
>
>Please allow me the opportunity to apologize first if my response rubs either
>of you the wrong way.

It's no problem, and you can take this any way you wish, but I don't make a
habit of cutting-and-pasting between mailing lists and/or newsgroups. I also
don't know if Rebekah Groat would like her messages so forwarded. I'd ask that
you wait and see if anyone else from the Greymuzzle list wants to corroborate
what I've said.

Dr. Cat

Sep 28, 2002, 1:56:58 PM9/28/02
Blackberry <le...@noanthrobunnyspam.com> wrote:
: It's no problem, and you can take this any way you wish, but I don't make a

: habit of cutting-and-pasting between mailing lists and/or newsgroups. I also
: don't know if Rebekah Groat would like her messages so forwarded. I'd ask that
: you wait and see if anyone else from the Greymuzzle list wants to corroborate
: what I've said.

I can't corroborate that, I'm afraid. My impression of what Rebekah Groat said
on the mailing list, compared with what you've said here, is that you have
inaccurately attempted to paraphrase what she said, and changed the meaning of
it in the process.

When someone says to person A "Hey person A, don't you attack person B at
such-and-such-con", that is NOT the same thing as telling persons C, D, and E
"Hey hey, person A is GOING to attack person B at such-and-such con!"

Anyone wanting to know what Rebekah actually said should probably go and ask
Rebekah and not take Blackberry's word for it (or mine). She did say that
Jim was upset about what Gabriel said to him (note: not to other people about
him, but directly to Jim), and I hope the two of them can work that out. I
don't think I recall any claims by her that Gabriel was saying stuff about
Jim to any third parties.

*-------------------------------------------**-----------------------------*
Dr. Cat / Dragon's Eye Productions || Free alpha test:
*-------------------------------------------** http://www.furcadia.com
Furcadia - a graphic mud for PCs! || Let your imagination soar!
*-------------------------------------------**-----------------------------*

(Disclaimer: Is it snowing in your mind too?)

Ostrich!

Sep 28, 2002, 6:02:10 PM9/28/02
Dr. Cat wrote in message <3d95...@giga.realtime.net>...

>don't think I recall any claims by her that Gabriel was saying stuff about
>Jim to any third parties.

I had the impression reading Rebekah's letter that somehow that the
accusations were being made in front of others, presumably for their
benefit. Maybe I read more into it than was there. Blackberry's statement
seemed accurate to me, though.

-Ostrich! <")

Blackberry

Sep 29, 2002, 7:14:25 PM9/29/02
On 28 Sep 2002 12:56:58 -0500, "Dr. wrote:

>I can't corroborate that, I'm afraid. My impression of what Rebekah Groat said
>on the mailing list, compared with what you've said here, is that you have
>inaccurately attempted to paraphrase what she said, and changed the meaning of
>it in the process. [...]

Whatever. That's fine. Rebekah herself has corroborated what I said, so you
can think whatever you wish to think.

Farlo Feydragon

Sep 29, 2002, 9:19:22 PM9/29/02
Blackberry <le...@NOanthrobunnySPAM.com> wrote:

> Whatever. That's fine. Rebekah herself has corroborated what I said,
> so you can think whatever you wish to think.

Rebekah has not posted here. There is no corroboration.

Farlo

Blackberry

Sep 29, 2002, 9:53:14 PM9/29/02

Right. If you don't see something, it doesn't exist. So there's no Eiffel
Tower either, right?

As I said before, I don't copy-and-paste posts from other places to here without
clear-cut guidelines and without permission. Since Gabriel Gentile handled the
matter himself, I don't know why you're pushing for an extension of the problem.
I'm just trying to explain the initial post I made, whether it's out of date or
not, since that's the thing that you're still challenging.

Brian Henderson

Sep 29, 2002, 10:34:36 PM9/29/02
On 29 Sep 2002 18:53:14 -0700, Blackberry
<le...@NOanthrobunnySPAM.com> wrote:

>As I said before, I don't copy-and-paste posts from other places to here without
>clear-cut guidelines and without permission. Since Gabriel Gentile handled the
>matter himself, I don't know why you're pushing for an extension of the problem.
>I'm just trying to explain the initial post I made, whether it's out of date or
>not, since that's the thing that you're still challenging.

Then until she chooses to post here, just drop it.

Kai Robinson

Sep 30, 2002, 12:52:13 AM9/30/02
How did this even make it here from the mailing list to begin with? Why'd
you post anything at all? Just curious.

Farlo Feydragon

Sep 30, 2002, 1:35:29 AM9/30/02
Blackberry <le...@NOanthrobunnySPAM.com> wrote:

> Since Gabriel Gentile handled the
> matter himself, I don't know why you're pushing for an extension of
> the problem.

I'd like you to stop.

> I'm just trying to explain the initial post I made, whether it's out
> of date or not, since that's the thing that you're still challenging.

I'd like you to stop, AND an apology to gabe would be nice, too.

Farlo

Rann Aridorn

Sep 30, 2002, 2:19:39 AM9/30/02
Farlo Feydragon <hall...@att.net> was so distracted by the Puma Twins
doing a poledance that they wrote:

>> Since Gabriel Gentile handled the
>> matter himself, I don't know why you're pushing for an extension of
>> the problem.
>
> I'd like you to stop.
>
>> I'm just trying to explain the initial post I made, whether it's out
>> of date or not, since that's the thing that you're still challenging.
>
> I'd like you to stop, AND an apology to gabe would be nice, too.

Why did you even bother to quote him if what you were saying had
absolutely nothing to do with the quoted portions of text?

--
-Rann Aridorn

========

You WILL worship the cuteness!
http://www.hamtaro.com
Little hamsters, big adventures.
Hamtaro... anime hamsters, providing some giggles, some smiles, and a
good deal of aural prozac with their theme music.
Hamtaro: The cure for flamewars.
Put this in your hampsterdance and click it!

Blackberry

Sep 30, 2002, 11:39:50 AM9/30/02
On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 23:52:13 -0500, "Kai wrote:

>How did this even make it here from the mailing list to begin with? Why'd
>you post anything at all? Just curious.

I posted because I figured Gabriel Gentile would read it, and because I couldn't
find the initial "Midwest Furfest" thread on my news server (it had been purged
already) so I couldn't follow on that, and because I wasn't sure which
"*Gentile" was the correct one, since they both had different writing styles.

Blackberry

Sep 30, 2002, 11:43:14 AM9/30/02

If I stopped without responding to all of the questioning follow-up posts, then
people reading those without my responses might get the wrong idea.

I'm not going to apologize for trying to keep Jim Groat in the fandom. I guess
I might be a little sorry that I couldn't figure out which email address
belonged to the real Gabriel Gentile.

Kai Robinson

Oct 1, 2002, 12:05:24 AM10/1/02
"Blackberry" <le...@NOanthrobunnySPAM.com> wrote in message

> On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 23:52:13 -0500, "Kai wrote:
> >
> >How did this even make it here from the mailing list to begin with?
Why'd
> >you post anything at all? Just curious.
>
> I posted because I figured Gabriel Gentile would read it, and because I
couldn't
> find the initial "Midwest Furfest" thread on my news server (it had been
purged
> already) so I couldn't follow on that, and because I wasn't sure which
> "*Gentile" was the correct one, since they both had different writing
styles.

Well, if it were possible to contact Gabe without doing so in such a public
forum, that would have been the better decision. But it's a little late for
that anyway. Unlike Farlo, for whom intruding in other people's business is
a longstanding tradition, I'd prefer this whole issue just go away. You're
not doing any good by responding any more here.

KR

Farlo Feydragon

Oct 1, 2002, 2:38:01 AM10/1/02
"Kai Robinson" <egr...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Unlike Farlo, for whom intruding in other people's business is
> a longstanding tradition, I'd prefer this whole issue just go away.

Now, did I but into your business? hmm? Hmm?

***grin***

--
Farlo
Urban Fey Dragon

kingp...@gmail.com

May 20, 2017, 2:42:11 AM5/20/17
Jesus.... Decades.....
All I asked was "Jim, there's nothing between you and Rain Simpson, right? You're both my friends*, and I want to make sure there's nothing."
Apparently, Groat construed that as a suggestion he would somehow show aggression towards Dana, and...
Well, far be it from Groat to pass up an opportunity to paint himself the victim.

*At the time. I wouldn't waste the water to piss on the man were he on fire nowadays.

Dan Skunk

May 24, 2017, 11:49:34 AM5/24/17
?

What's that about?