new frontier like game, very very good

Marco Turconi

Feb 22, 2008, 11:34:51 AM2/22/08

do yo already know it?

http://a-astra.com/

--

åñЮêw ßïgmêñ

Feb 22, 2008, 11:55:11 AM2/22/08
The L'n'F is good!
On my way to download and play it!

--
,--.!, | есР®кw Япgmкс
__/ -*- | www.sesto-continente.net

,d08b. '|` | www.gilmor.it
0088MM |
`9MMP' | "Siamo tutti un po' paperi dentro..."
<Toazt> "Too few women on the internet?
<Toazt> There are lots of women on the internet,
<Toazt> only most of them are naked and in JPG-format."

Steve

Feb 23, 2008, 10:58:45 AM2/23/08
Marco Turconi wrote:
> do yo already know it?
>

> http://a-astra.com/

I downloaded the game and first impressions were pretty good.
There were still cutscenes for take-off and landing though; don't they trust
us to fly properly? ;-)

Steve

--
www.frontierastro.co.uk
FrontierAstro - Dedicated to Elite, Frontier and Astronomy

Craig Coope

Feb 23, 2008, 1:24:38 PM2/23/08
On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:58:45 GMT, "Steve" <dfs...@dfsdfa.net> wrote:

>Marco Turconi wrote:
>> do yo already know it?
>>

>> http://a-astra.com/
>
>I downloaded the game and first impressions were pretty good.
>There were still cutscenes for take-off and landing though; don't they trust
>us to fly properly? ;-)
>
>Steve

How do you increase time....it was taking too long to fly anywhere!

Marco Turconi

Feb 25, 2008, 5:04:31 AM2/25/08

> How do you increase time....it was taking too long to fly anywhere!

You can't.

Hou do you consider the figths?

I can only do some interesting skirmish in the proximity of space
stations.
Elsewhere the other ships have the autopilot on, so if I don't engage
the autopilot myself, I cannot reach them, but if I use the autopilot,
I cannot maneuver.

I wrote to the author, asking for hints, but no answer yet.

Craig Coope

Feb 25, 2008, 5:17:08 AM2/25/08
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:04:31 GMT, "Marco Turconi"
<mtur...@reitek.com> wrote:

>> How do you increase time....it was taking too long to fly anywhere!
>

>You can't.

Ok then how do you speed up faster....if you press + it goes to max
speed but you can't fly around the system....it's a snail's pace...

What am I doing wrong?

>Hou do you consider the figths?
>
>I can only do some interesting skirmish in the proximity of space
>stations.
>Elsewhere the other ships have the autopilot on, so if I don't engage
>the autopilot myself, I cannot reach them, but if I use the autopilot,
>I cannot maneuver.
>
>I wrote to the author, asking for hints, but no answer yet.

I only played it for 10 mins trying to figure out the controls and
land on that first planet but took ages to get to it!

Marco Turconi

Feb 25, 2008, 5:55:03 AM2/25/08

> Ok then how do you speed up faster....if you press + it goes to max
> speed but you can't fly around the system....it's a snail's pace...
>
> What am I doing wrong?

ok! maybe I understand now. The max speed in manual mode is SLOOOW. To
go faster you need to select a target (planet, city, ship, space
station) then switch on the autopilot (key 'A').

This is precisely the problem I have. If the other ships switch on the
autopilot, I can only reach them with my autopilot on... and no real
battle is possible, it seems to me.

Daniel Lataster

Feb 25, 2008, 11:33:06 AM2/25/08
Buy afterburner and use it.

"Marco Turconi" <mtur...@reitek.com> schreef in bericht

Lol

Feb 25, 2008, 4:53:40 PM2/25/08

"Marco Turconi" <mtur...@reitek.com> wrote in message

> do yo already know it?
>

> http://a-astra.com/
>
> --

If it had a tutorial built in, so there were some hope of making sense of
it, I suspect I'd like it very much.

As it stands, it is a great deal of potential to look at admiringly thinking
"Is this a space station I'm looking at?"
"How do I get a cockpit view?"
"Oh - equip with enhanced long range scanners .... HOW??"
"Help lemme out - ESC won't do it - LEMME OUT"
& back to Darkstar - rather repetitive...

Lol

someone

Feb 27, 2008, 9:35:03 AM2/27/08
Marco Turconi wrote:
> do yo already know it?
>

> http://a-astra.com/

Amazing!

A fantastic effort considering he's been working on it for so long and
hadn't given up on it!

Well done!

DanSolo

Feb 27, 2008, 11:42:19 AM2/27/08

It needs docs+faqs, that's for sure. Also, any multiplayer plans? ;-)

Lol

Feb 27, 2008, 6:15:12 PM2/27/08

"DanSolo" <daniel...@ucd.ie> wrote in message

There is a very detailed .pdf manual buried in there, but it reminds me very
much of BattleCruiser. Feels like the manual would need to be bedtime
reading for a few weeks before understanding it - the Quick Start section
begins with
"At a space port equip your spacecraft with "Enhanced Long Range
Scanners..."

OK but I was reading the manual to try to work out how to buy and equip
items, and I'm still none the wiser - even after studying the keys command
list I don't know because it doesn't say HOW.

This is a probably very excellent detailed Elite tribute that suffers the
Battlecruiser problem of having been produced by someone who knows what he
meant, so doesn't need to explain it.

Brilliant work I'm sure, but ...

Lol

Martin Schiffer

Feb 28, 2008, 9:54:12 AM2/28/08
Greetings fellow commanders,

long time no post, lurked mostly anyhow ;) but this game series in all
it's flavors just doesn't let one go easily. Suddenly I'm back at it
discovering GLFFE, OOLITE and other new stuff about this ancient of games.

Hrhrm, back to topic:

Umm, not to point out the obvious, since I just downloaded Ad Astra, but
did you guys check the Main Website? Click on - Guide - and observe the
website's navigational buttons to spawn lots of seemingly helpful pages,
like this for example:

http://a-astra.com/guide/screens/tactical_screen.html

Will try to get "my ass to mars" or similar with Ad Astra later on.

Regards
Cmdr. Andi Relok

Lol

Feb 28, 2008, 12:37:24 PM2/28/08

"Martin Schiffer" <nosp...@please.com> wrote in message

Right thanks- that gets me
"Goods that can be bought or sold can be accessed via the 'Stock' button
whereas services can be accessed via the 'Facilities' button"
and when the game starts, if I undock and then dock again I do finally get
to see the buttons STOCK and SERVICES.

Lol

DrDude

Mar 6, 2008, 9:11:03 AM3/6/08
Marco Turconi a écrit :

> do yo already know it?
>

> http://a-astra.com/

Wow, i download it now, i need to try it !

DrDude

Mar 6, 2008, 12:53:15 PM3/6/08
DrDude a écrit :
Just tried it !
Awesome !
Needs some little adjustments like a tutorial for example but since
Frontier it is the best elite game i had seen for years !
Wow, and now i can't believe this, it is like a miracle lol
Return playing some eplorations awaits me :p

Marco Turconi

Mar 7, 2008, 3:57:12 AM3/7/08
> Needs some little adjustments like a tutorial for example but since

well, there IS a tutorial, both online and inside the zip file.