Last night's show

1 view

mjgr...@nospamyahoo.com

May 3, 2001, 10:02:25 PM5/3/01
Just finished watching videotape of last night's show....

Caroline Rhea and Conan were hilarious as usual. Has
anybody heard that she's on the short list to replace Rosie when she leaves
her talk show next year? If that happens, maybe Conan will guest on
Caroline's debut.

Ha ha...I loved when he called himself a prick...and when Caroline said "I
am a member and you have a member"....and the continuous and constant use
of the word vagina.

Comedy spring cleaning--my favorite--The middle bit
with the gorilla, clown and ear of corn singing the praises of jesus had me
roaring...I was still laughing as I fast-forwarded to Jason Patric's
segment. The outtake from Conan and T's apple picking trip--don't you wish
they had used that horrible/hilarious poem in the original bit?

And who else loved that image Conan conjured of Jay Lamo driving his
humongous bike with a helicopter jet engine 8 miles per hour in the Burbank
studio parking lot. Yeah, Jay's a dork. Conan impersonating Jay--now
that's entertainment.

mj

Usenet for the Web

Freakbot 2000

May 4, 2001, 1:40:48 PM5/4/01
In article <20010503220225.576$6...@newsreader.com>, mjgr...@nospamyahoo.com
says...

>Caroline Rhea and Conan were hilarious as usual.

Conan jokingly mentioned doing some (traveling?) comedy show with Caroline. This
reminds me of the earlier idea in this NG of having Caroline as a potential
guest sidekick for a week or so on LN.

>Ha ha...I loved when he called himself a prick...and when Caroline said "I
>am a member and you have a member"....and the continuous and constant use
>of the word vagina.

"Vagina" rhymes with "Regina" which is the latin word for "queen". Is this a
coincidence ? (Regina is also the capital of Saskatchewan. I feel like that
Sarah Vowell (sp?) making nerdy notes on language).

>Comedy spring cleaning--my favorite--The middle bit
>with the gorilla, clown and ear of corn singing the praises of jesus had me
>roaring...

My favorite bit too, but I also liked Nipsy Russell flying over the Great Wall
of China.

>segment. The outtake from Conan and T's apple picking trip--don't you wish
>they had used that horrible/hilarious poem in the original bit?

Yes, but I wish even more that they would have invited my brother and I to tag
along. My brother lives in the area they went apple picking and we used to love
watching the A Team when we were kids.

> Conan impersonating Jay--now
>that's entertainment.

Do you think Conan's impersonation is funnier than Little Jay Leno ? (I'm not
sure.)

Mistress of Late Night

May 4, 2001, 1:47:49 PM5/4/01
FreakBot Said:
>we used to love
>watching the A Team when we were kids.

***Oh my God...I was like inlove with the cute blonde but arrogant guy from
that show! I used to watch it all the time along with T.J Hooker & Knight
Rider. Man...those were some cheesy times.

*Luv, Yves*
http://communities.msn.com/MyAdventuresattheNBCLobby
"Want to put my tender heart in a blender..Watch it spin round to a beautiful
oblivion..Rendezvous then I'm through with you"--Inside Out.

mjgr...@nospamyahoo.com

May 4, 2001, 2:11:50 PM5/4/01
Freakbot 2000<freakb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Do you think Conan's impersonation is funnier than Little Jay Leno ?
> (I'm not sure.)

I prefer it. They kind of ran that LJL bit into the ground...I eventually
got sick of it.

Freakbot 2000

May 4, 2001, 6:16:11 PM5/4/01
In article <20010504141150.226$w...@newsreader.com>, mjgr...@nospamyahoo.com
says...

>Freakbot 2000<freakb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Do you think Conan's impersonation is funnier than Little Jay Leno ?
>> (I'm not sure.)
>
>I prefer it. They kind of ran that LJL bit into the ground...I eventually
>got sick of it.

True, but midgets = funny. Have you ever seen one try to dribble a basketball ?
LN needs more leprechauns.

--------------

"Old perverts never die. They just run out of socks."
- Scott Thompson, thirty years from now
The future, Conan ?

vizard can eat my ass

May 2, 2001, 4:49:58 PM5/2/01

"Freakbot 2000" <freakb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> In article <20010504141150.226$w...@newsreader.com>,
mjgr...@nospamyahoo.com
> says...
> >
> >Freakbot 2000<freakb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> Do you think Conan's impersonation is funnier than Little Jay Leno ?
> >> (I'm not sure.)
> >
> >I prefer it. They kind of ran that LJL bit into the ground...I
eventually
> >got sick of it.
>

> True, but midgets = funny. Have you ever seen one try to dribble a
basketball ?
> LN needs more leprechauns.

Talk of dribbling basketballs reminds me of my favourite LN character, the
long-forgotten Reverend Otis K Dribbles. That, my friends, was comedy.

the afcob tuna pirate

May 5, 2001, 12:20:50 AM5/5/01
<< Knight
Rider. Man...those were some cheesy times. >>

Cheesey?! no way!!! Knight Rider was the best show EVER!!!
I have the liscence plate to the car. mmm, young david hasselhoff

-Mel <^:?
The Vegetable tonight.... is Corn.
http://nbckicks.tripod.com
now with articles! oooh, fancy

Mr. & Mrs. Zambesi

May 5, 2001, 5:18:38 AM5/5/01
Mel wrote:

> mmm, young david hasselhoff

You're disgusting...

Christian
--
Aktion "Conan auf Viva/2": www.savenbc.cjb.net

Gravy

May 5, 2001, 5:49:48 AM5/5/01

> In article <20010503220225.576$6...@newsreader.com>,
mjgr...@nospamyahoo.com
> says...

> "Vagina" rhymes with "Regina"

Well, this depends. Maybe American pronunciation varies, I don't know, but
in most of the rest of the English-speaking world it is pronounced
'Rejeena', with that long 'e'.

In any case, 'rej' doesn't equal 'vag'. They may have a passing hint of
assonance, but the two don't rhyme.

By the way, this is the worst possible way to make my first post in a little
over a week (including bad attempts at lyric-writing), but it's almost done
now...

*SEND*

Love, Nick
Wishes his name rhymed with 'vagina', so he could pick up women. Or be
laughed at.

Gravy

May 5, 2001, 5:51:34 AM5/5/01

Mr. & Mrs. Zambesi <guyb...@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote in message

> Mel wrote:
>
> > mmm, young david hasselhoff
>
> You're disgusting...

You have to admit, he did have some charm - wooden acting included. It's
just a shame that KITT did all the actual work.

God, I love that car. I want it. I want it like warm oatmeal!

Love, Nick
Just made up a new saying

Nick Marland

May 5, 2001, 7:28:33 AM5/5/01

Gravy <Gravyonm...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

<Snip all>

Oh. Yeah.

'Gravy' is me before I decided something was wrong with my Outlook Express.

'Gravy' is not Tyler in yet another garb.

'Gravy' is good for your digestive tract.

Love, Nick*

* - 'Gravy'

Freakbot 2000

May 5, 2001, 1:34:32 PM5/5/01
In article <RSPI6.19190$482....@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>, Gravy says...

>> "Vagina" rhymes with "Regina"
>
>Well, this depends. Maybe American pronunciation varies, I don't know, but
>in most of the rest of the English-speaking world it is pronounced
>'Rejeena', with that long 'e'.

According to my dictionary, the "gina" parts of the words are pronounced the
same (which means they rhyme). Also, the dictionary indicates that both words
are Latin so maybe they have a common root. What does "gina" mean in Latin ?

>Love, Nick
>Wishes his name rhymed with 'vagina', so he could pick up women. Or be
>laughed at.

I think Dick Cheney has angina, if that helps.

the afcob tuna pirate

May 5, 2001, 1:38:50 PM5/5/01
<< Mel wrote:

> mmm, young david hasselhoff

You're disgusting...

Christian >>

well, i try.
no Sven this time?

the afcob tuna pirate

May 5, 2001, 1:40:00 PM5/5/01
<< God, I love that car. I want it. >>

they actually destroyed the car some time after the show concluded...
no joke.

Conan Lover

May 5, 2001, 2:21:17 PM5/5/01
> God, I love that car. I want it. I want it like warm oatmeal!
>
> Love, Nick
> Just made up a new saying

Speaking of new sayings have you notes that Conan has been saying "Babbling
like a monkey" allot?

--
-Jessy (not todd)
"The Emu wants my baby"

Claas Paletta

May 5, 2001, 2:36:30 PM5/5/01

Freakbot 2000 wrote:

> In article <RSPI6.19190$482....@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>, Gravy says...
>
> >> "Vagina" rhymes with "Regina"
> >
> >Well, this depends. Maybe American pronunciation varies, I don't know, but
> >in most of the rest of the English-speaking world it is pronounced
> >'Rejeena', with that long 'e'.
>
> According to my dictionary, the "gina" parts of the words are pronounced the
> same (which means they rhyme). Also, the dictionary indicates that both words
> are Latin so maybe they have a common root. What does "gina" mean in Latin ?

I don't know about "gina", but "regina" meens "queen" IIRC.

Claas

--
Holt "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" zurück nach Deutschland
!--------------> http://savenbc.cjb.net <--------------!

Freakbot 2000

May 5, 2001, 4:08:52 PM5/5/01
In article <3AF4482E...@gmx.de>, Claas Paletta says...

>I don't know about "gina", but "regina" meens "queen" IIRC.

I know and I mentioned this earlier. The "reg" of "regina" is probably the same
root as the "reg" of "regal".

Freakbot 2000

May 5, 2001, 4:23:13 PM5/5/01
In article <xwXI6.23863$3c6.7...@news1.elmhst1.il.home.com>, Conan Lover
says...

>> God, I love that car. I want it. I want it like warm oatmeal!
>>
>> Love, Nick
>> Just made up a new saying
>

>Speaking of new sayings have you notes that Conan has been saying "Babbling
>like a monkey" allot?

Also, he often uses the word "apparently" during the Conologue, but this is
probably an uncone-scious choice.

Conan Lover

May 5, 2001, 4:56:26 PM5/5/01

"Freakbot 2000> >I don't know about "gina", but "regina" meens "queen" IIRC.

> I know and I mentioned this earlier. The "reg" of "regina" is probably the
same
> root as the "reg" of "regal".

This is getting to intelligent-

Emus humping people

There that classed it down a bit

--
-Jessy (not Todd)
Look mom no spell check!

Mistress of Late Night

May 5, 2001, 6:04:27 PM5/5/01
>Mel wrote:
>
>> mmm, young david hasselhoff
>
>You're disgusting...
>
>Christian

***Oh will you two lovebirds just shut up and have hot German sex?!

the afcob tuna pirate

May 5, 2001, 6:08:19 PM5/5/01
<< ***Oh will you two lovebirds just shut up and have hot German sex?!

but I"m not.... oh nevermind...
We'll get it on when you and Z do. (Z, for legal reasons,
I'm sorry.)

Mr. & Mrs. Zambesi

May 5, 2001, 7:22:35 PM5/5/01
freakbot wrote:

> Also, he often uses the word "apparently" during the Conologue

All Late Night hosts do that. By saying that something "apparently"
happened, they tell us that they just took the story from a tabloid and
have no idea if it is actually true.

Mr. & Mrs. Zambesi

May 5, 2001, 7:22:53 PM5/5/01
Mel wrote:

> no Sven this time?

How can I be Sven for someone who thinks David Hasselhoff is "mmm"?

Christian (Sven if you don't do it again)

JZA

May 5, 2001, 10:30:18 PM5/5/01
"Mr. & Mrs. Zambesi" wrote:

> freakbot wrote:
>
> > Also, he often uses the word "apparently" during the Conologue
>
> All Late Night hosts do that. By saying that something "apparently"
> happened, they tell us that they just took the story from a tabloid and
> have no idea if it is actually true.
>
> Christian

And it saves the legal department of the networks millions
of dollars each year.

Jean

the afcob tuna pirate

May 5, 2001, 11:49:08 PM5/5/01
<< How can I be Sven for someone who thinks David Hasselhoff is "mmm"? >>

YOUNG david hasselhoff!!! but i prefer Andy Daly. mmm, andy daly

Mr. & Mrs. Zambesi

May 6, 2001, 7:43:14 AM5/6/01
Mel wrote:

>> How can I be Sven for someone who thinks David Hasselhoff is "mmm"?
>
> YOUNG david hasselhoff!!!

But young David Hasselhoff is even creepier than old David Hasselhoff!

> but i prefer Andy Daly.

Who's that?

Sven

Freakbot 2000

May 6, 2001, 1:09:27 PM5/6/01
In article <20010506.012234...@Pimpbot.local>, Mr. & Mrs. Zambesi
says...

>freakbot wrote:
>
>> Also, he often uses the word "apparently" during the Conologue
>
>All Late Night hosts do that. By saying that something "apparently"
>happened, they tell us that they just took the story from a tabloid and
>have no idea if it is actually true.

Conan also uses the word "apparently" during original material from the LN
writers. I just meant that he might subcone-sciously prefer this word instead of
saying "it looks like" or "it seems", but maybe he's become cone-ditioned to use
"apparently" from initial legal reasons.

Sebastian Nebel

May 6, 2001, 3:30:26 PM5/6/01
Mr. & Mrs. Zambesi wrote:

> But young David Hasselhoff is even creepier than old David Hasselhoff!

Don´t you say anything bad about my childhood hero!

Sebastian, playing with his K.I.T.T. model

--
Conan, Leno, Letterman...

us-lat...@egroups.de - http://www.egroups.de/group/us-latenight

Mr. & Mrs. Zambesi

May 6, 2001, 6:04:48 PM5/6/01
Sebastian Nebel wrote:

>> But young David Hasselhoff is even creepier than old David Hasselhoff!
>
> Don´t you say anything bad about my childhood hero!
>
> Sebastian, playing with his K.I.T.T. model

You're joking, right? RIGHT???

Losing faith in humanity,
Christian

the afcob tuna pirate

May 6, 2001, 7:18:00 PM5/6/01
<< > but i prefer Andy Daly.

Who's that? >>

Stacy Richter's boyfriend :) (he was a member of the GOD SQUAD!
or so his hat said.)

Sebastian Nebel

May 6, 2001, 11:01:17 PM5/6/01
Mr. & Mrs. Zambesi wrote:

> Sebastian Nebel wrote:
>
>>> But young David Hasselhoff is even creepier than old David
>>> Hasselhoff!
>>
>> Don´t you say anything bad about my childhood hero!
>>
>> Sebastian, playing with his K.I.T.T. model
>
> You're joking, right? RIGHT???

I swear to God I had one of these things! With the lights and it could
talk and all. It's probably still around here somewhere...

> Losing faith in humanity,
> Christian

Where did you got that from in the first place?

greetings, Sebastian

--
All Quilty and no Lolita makes Humbert a sad boy.