Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

Summary 4.1 3/11/11

閲覧: 0 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Stan

未読、
2011/03/12 11:21:332011/03/12
To:
I think we need some AFCA porn, myself.

Okay! And then I'll butter your buns and call you a biscuit.

***
An aesthetician sounds like it would come out the philosophy
> department. So what do you call s/o who has a doctorate in philosophy
> and wrote her thesis on some arcane concept in aesthetics?

"Waitress".
***

For one thing, it's really a bad time to fall off the toilet.

How old is the computer in doc. years?

***
> I own one. It works. Give medal.

Ladies and gentlemen, AFCA's entry in the Ernest Hemingway Memorial
Prose Contest.
***

You know, working with the public wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for
the public.

Tow trucks and repo men jump into my mind.

My husband must have 100 different tips for his.

The awesomeness of this is only eclipsed by its awesomeness.

There's a difference between digusting and tasteless.

Market overt was abolished in England in 1995.

Just imagine the stuff I don't tell you guys.

***
You ever work with a guy, he comes in the morning, nice clean desk,
organized files, inside an hour the desk has twenty-three files strewn
on it, intermingled, the first, second, and third cups of coffee
partly drunk peched or hidden in the jungle, seventeen notes, all on
whatever was handy? Kinda guy, assuming he gets anything done, well,
there's a certain native ability, yeah, but he's doing his best to
choke it -the reason things still work is the minion who straightens
up after him?

That's your PC.
***

There's a whacko wing of the Methodists? Where? I thought they were the
Wonder Bread and mayonnaise of the Christian world.

Hmmm, Therma-Care products imbued with Vicodin that will activate
topically?
Could that be my next great invention?

TV has what it typically has, stupid morons spewing
gibberish.

Oh, my. That made me splutter.

I've used a dremel. Not really one of my best ideas.

I've used a dremel. Not really one of my best ideas.

The older I get, the less tolerant I am of stupidity.

I'm going to wear sparkly red satin muumuus before they drag me off and
put me in sweatsuits in the retirement home.

Last night I dreamed that I had two feet on each leg and couldn't
figure out which ones to put the shoes on.

I did not have pancakes yesterday.

I always do the right thing.

--

Stan in NJ

Boron Elgar

未読、
2011/03/12 12:04:392011/03/12
To:
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:21:33 -0500, Stan <sze...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you, Stan.

Boron

Les Albert

未読、
2011/03/12 12:26:302011/03/12
To:
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:21:33 -0500, Stan <sze...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I've used a dremel. Not really one of my best ideas.
>
>I've used a dremel. Not really one of my best ideas.

He repeated this one in the summary. It's a coded message! All this
time he has been using the summary to send messages to some outside
force!

Les
("The long sobs of the violins of Autumn ..")

Lesmond

未読、
2011/03/12 13:21:262011/03/12
To:
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:21:33 -0500, Stan wrote:

>I think we need some AFCA porn, myself.

Thank you, Stan!

--
If there's a nuclear winter, at least it'll snow.

Nick Spalding

未読、
2011/03/12 13:31:542011/03/12
To:
Stan wrote, in <mn.62a97db3b...@gmail.com>
on Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:21:33 -0500:

> I think we need some AFCA porn, myself.

Bring it on! Thank you Stan.
--
Nick Spalding

art...@yahoo.com

未読、
2011/03/12 13:34:522011/03/12

Continue to do so, Stan.

Snidely

未読、
2011/03/12 14:02:092011/03/12
To:
On Mar 12, 9:26 am, Les Albert <lalbe...@aol.com> wrote:

> ("The long sobs of the violins of Autumn ..")

In Spring, a young man is fancy.

/dps

Snidely

未読、
2011/03/12 14:02:492011/03/12
To:
On Mar 12, 10:31 am, Nick Spalding <spald...@iol.ie> wrote:
> Stan wrote, in <mn.62a97db3bf3480b9.90...@gmail.com>

>  on Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:21:33 -0500:
>
> > I think we need some AFCA porn, myself.
>
> Bring it on!  Thank you Stan.

"AFCAns Gone Wild!"

/dps

Veronique

未読、
2011/03/12 14:23:522011/03/12
To:
On Mar 12, 8:21 am, Stan <sze...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we need some AFCA porn, myself.

[...summary...]

> I always do the right thing.
>
> --
>
> Stan in NJ

Awesome. Thanks, Stan.

V.
--
Veronique Chez Sheep

Les Albert

未読、
2011/03/12 15:06:272011/03/12
To:
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:02:09 -0800 (PST), Snidely
<snide...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Mar 12, 9:26 am, Les Albert <lalbe...@aol.com> wrote:

>I've used a dremel. Not really one of my best ideas.
>
>I've used a dremel. Not really one of my best ideas.

>>He repeated this one in the summary. It's a coded message! All this
>>time he has been using the summary to send messages to some outside
>>force!
>>Les

>> ("The long sobs of the violins of Autumn ..")

>In Spring, a young man is fancy.

The long sobs of
The violins
Of autumn
Lay waste my heart
With monotones
Of boredom. - Paul L. Verlaine, Selected Poems, Oxford Univ. Press,

At the beginning of certain programs, the BBC would put in what were
known as ‘message personnels’, which were coded messages to resistance
groups throughout Europe. To most listeners, the messages meant
nothing but to the informed few, they could mean anything from ‘blow
up a section of railway line’ at a given point, to ‘a new SOE agent
will arrive shortly’.

The most awaited secret message by the BBC came with the approach of
D-Day and was from the first two lines of a Paul Verlaine couplet.
“The long sobs of the violins of Autumn” was the first and told
resistance groups to prepare, soon after, the second, “Soothes my
heart with a monotonous languor”, told all resistance groups in France
that the time to fight had come.

http://roadtickle.com/5-little-known-facts-about-world-war-ii/

Les

Snidely

未読、
2011/03/12 15:43:282011/03/12
To:
On Mar 12, 12:06 pm, Les Albert <lalbe...@aol.com> wrote:

> The most awaited secret message by the BBC came with the approach of
> D-Day and was from the first two lines of a Paul Verlaine couplet.
> The long sobs of the violins of Autumn was the first and told
> resistance groups to prepare, soon after, the second, Soothes my
> heart with a monotonous languor , told all resistance groups in France
> that the time to fight had come.

Well, even though I was ignorant of the specific reference, and used
the wrong decoder ring, I'd like partial credit for recognizing that
you did include a secret message.

/dps

Mark Brader

未読、
2011/03/12 16:35:492011/03/12
To:
Les Albert quotes
<http://roadtickle.com/5-little-known-facts-about-world-war-ii/>:

> At the beginning of certain programs, the BBC would put in what were
> known as 'message personnels', which were coded messages to resistance
> groups throughout Europe. To most listeners, the messages meant
> nothing but to the informed few, they could mean anything from 'blow
> up a section of railway line' at a given point, to 'a new SOE agent
> will arrive shortly'.
>
> The most awaited secret message by the BBC came with the approach of
> D-Day and was from the first two lines of a Paul Verlaine couplet.
> "The long sobs of the violins of Autumn" was the first and told
> resistance groups to prepare, soon after, the second, "Soothes my
> heart with a monotonous languor", told all resistance groups in France
> that the time to fight had come.

What, you haven't seen "The Longest Day"? That was "wound", not
"soothes". (Okay, I think the movie subtitles may have gotten
it wrong and made it "wounds", but of course it has to be plural to
agree with "sobs".) The Verlaine poem that the lines come from is
"Chanson d'automne", and the original word is "blessent".
--
Mark Brader "The world little knows or cares the storm through
Toronto which you have had to pass. It asks only if you

メッセージは削除されました

Les Albert

未読、
2011/03/12 18:27:522011/03/12
To:
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 12:43:28 -0800 (PST), Snidely
<snide...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Mar 12, 12:06 pm, Les Albert <lalbe...@aol.com> wrote:

>> The most awaited secret message by the BBC came with the approach of
>> D-Day and was from the first two lines of a Paul Verlaine couplet.
>> The long sobs of the violins of Autumn was the first and told
>> resistance groups to prepare, soon after, the second, Soothes my
>> heart with a monotonous languor , told all resistance groups in France
>> that the time to fight had come.

>Well, even though I was ignorant of the specific reference,

From your unrelated response, I kind of guessed that you didn't know
that.

> and used
>the wrong decoder ring, I'd like partial credit for recognizing that
>you did include a secret message.

I included a used-to-be-secret message.

Les

Les Albert

未読、
2011/03/12 18:29:102011/03/12
To:
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 15:35:49 -0600, m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote:

>Les Albert quotes
><http://roadtickle.com/5-little-known-facts-about-world-war-ii/>:
>
>> At the beginning of certain programs, the BBC would put in what were
>> known as 'message personnels', which were coded messages to resistance
>> groups throughout Europe. To most listeners, the messages meant
>> nothing but to the informed few, they could mean anything from 'blow
>> up a section of railway line' at a given point, to 'a new SOE agent
>> will arrive shortly'.
>>
>> The most awaited secret message by the BBC came with the approach of
>> D-Day and was from the first two lines of a Paul Verlaine couplet.
>> "The long sobs of the violins of Autumn" was the first and told
>> resistance groups to prepare, soon after, the second, "Soothes my
>> heart with a monotonous languor", told all resistance groups in France
>> that the time to fight had come.

>What, you haven't seen "The Longest Day"? That was "wound", not
>"soothes". (Okay, I think the movie subtitles may have gotten
>it wrong and made it "wounds", but of course it has to be plural to
>agree with "sobs".) The Verlaine poem that the lines come from is
>"Chanson d'automne", and the original word is "blessent".

Well, there have been at least 6 translations of that Verlaine poem,
and they are all different. Look it up.

Les

Les Albert

未読、
2011/03/12 18:32:002011/03/12
To:
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 16:40:55 -0500, Cindbear <cind...@phonehome.com>
wrote:
>On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 09:26:30 -0800, Les Albert <lalb...@aol.com>
>wrote:

>I looked at that a long time, wondering if there was some sort of play
>on words I was missing.

>Cind 'I've used a xerox. Not really one of my best ideas.' Bear
>Cind 'I've used a xerox. Not really one of my best ideas.' Bear

This place is becoming full of intrigue and plots.
This place is becoming full of intrigue and plots.

Les

Greg Goss

未読、
2011/03/12 18:47:572011/03/12
To:
Snidely <snide...@gmail.com> wrote:

I suspect that our punchains and some of our traditional non-sequiturs
(is there soy in the tuna tacos from taco bell?) would drive
code-detectors at crystal palace nuts. If they cared.

I think it's too easy to bury messages into porn (steganography) and
this IS usenet after all.
--
Tomorrow is today already.
Greg Goss, 1989-01-27

Mark Brader

未読、
2011/03/13 0:59:182011/03/13
Mark Brader:

>> What, you haven't seen "The Longest Day"? That was "wound", not
>> "soothes"... The Verlaine poem that the lines come from is

>> "Chanson d'automne", and the original word is "blessent".

Les Albert:

> Well, there have been at least 6 translations of that Verlaine poem,
> and they are all different. Look it up.

I can't be bothered. The point is that a near-antonym can't be a
sensible translation. I think the author of the web page you quoted
was just guessing at the word.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "As for Canada's lack of mystique,
m...@vex.net it is not unique." -- Mark Leeper

Paul Madarasz

未読、
2011/03/13 6:14:142011/03/13
To:
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 15:32:00 -0800, Les Albert <lalb...@aol.com>
wrote, perhaps among other things:

When I see intrigue, I plotz.

M C Hamster

未読、
2011/03/13 12:08:022011/03/13

This is one of the more disturbing mental images I've had for some
time.
--

"Big Wheel Keep on Turnin'" -- Creedence Clearwater Revival

Les Albert

未読、
2011/03/13 12:23:522011/03/13
To:
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 23:59:18 -0600, m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote:

>Mark Brader:
>>> What, you haven't seen "The Longest Day"? That was "wound", not
>>> "soothes"... The Verlaine poem that the lines come from is
>>> "Chanson d'automne", and the original word is "blessent".
>
>Les Albert:
>> Well, there have been at least 6 translations of that Verlaine poem,
>> and they are all different. Look it up.

>I can't be bothered. The point is that a near-antonym can't be a
>sensible translation. I think the author of the web page you quoted
>was just guessing at the word.

I can't be bothered to pay attention to what you think about that
author's writings.

Les

Bill Turlock

未読、
2011/03/13 19:33:422011/03/13
To:
M C Hamster wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:02:49 -0800 (PST), Snidely
> <snide...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Mar 12, 10:31 am, Nick Spalding <spald...@iol.ie> wrote:
> >> Stan wrote, in <mn.62a97db3bf3480b9.90...@gmail.com>
> >> on Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:21:33 -0500:

> >> Bring it on! Thank you Stan.
> >
> >"AFCAns Gone Wild!"
> >

> This is one of the more disturbing mental images I've had for some
> time.

I'm having some fun with it myself. We have some Babes in here
y'know!

Bill "& freaks" Turlock

groo

未読、
2011/03/13 23:20:492011/03/13
To:
Les Albert <lalb...@aol.com> wrote:

I grabbed my pitchfork and torch and headed off to the YMCA. Where the
hell were the rest of you?

--
"God bless those pagans!" - H. Simpson

Greg Goss

未読、
2011/03/14 2:03:052011/03/14
To:
groo <afca...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>I've used a dremel. Not really one of my best ideas.

>> ("The long sobs of the violins of Autumn ..")

>I grabbed my pitchfork and torch and headed off to the YMCA. Where the
>hell were the rest of you?

y EM ca? I thought that YMCA was saxophone? I was at City park and
didn't see anything.

Xho Jingleheimerschmidt

未読、
2011/03/24 23:20:032011/03/24
To:
Les Albert wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:02:09 -0800 (PST), Snidely
> <snide...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mar 12, 9:26 am, Les Albert <lalbe...@aol.com> wrote:

>> I've used a dremel. Not really one of my best ideas.
>>
>> I've used a dremel. Not really one of my best ideas.
>
>>> He repeated this one in the summary. It's a coded message! All this
>>> time he has been using the summary to send messages to some outside
>>> force!
>>> Les
>>> ("The long sobs of the violins of Autumn ..")
>
>> In Spring, a young man is fancy.
>

> The long sobs of
> The violins
> Of autumn
> Lay waste my heart
> With monotones
> Of boredom. - Paul L. Verlaine, Selected Poems, Oxford Univ. Press,

> At the beginning of certain programs, the BBC would put in what were
> known as �message personnels�, which were coded messages to resistance

> groups throughout Europe. To most listeners, the messages meant
> nothing but to the informed few, they could mean anything from �blow
> up a section of railway line� at a given point, to �a new SOE agent
> will arrive shortly�.

So how did they know what those things meant?

Xho

Nick Spalding

未読、
2011/03/25 4:31:452011/03/25
To:
Xho Jingleheimerschmidt wrote, in
<4d8c0eea$0$17299$ed36...@nr5-q3a.newsreader.com>
on Thu, 24 Mar 2011 20:20:03 -0700:

> Les Albert wrote:
> > On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:02:09 -0800 (PST), Snidely
> > <snide...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On Mar 12, 9:26 am, Les Albert <lalbe...@aol.com> wrote:

> >> I've used a dremel. Not really one of my best ideas.
> >>
> >> I've used a dremel. Not really one of my best ideas.

> >> In Spring, a young man is fancy.
> >

> > The long sobs of
> > The violins
> > Of autumn
> > Lay waste my heart
> > With monotones
> > Of boredom. - Paul L. Verlaine, Selected Poems, Oxford Univ. Press,
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > At the beginning of certain programs, the BBC would put in what were

> > known as ‘message personnels’, which were coded messages to resistance

> > groups throughout Europe. To most listeners, the messages meant

> > nothing but to the informed few, they could mean anything from ‘blow
> > up a section of railway line’ at a given point, to ‘a new SOE agent
> > will arrive shortly’.

> So how did they know what those things meant?

They had been informed.
--
Nick Spalding

Les Albert

未読、
2011/03/25 10:59:482011/03/25
To:
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 20:20:03 -0700, Xho Jingleheimerschmidt
<xho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Les Albert wrote:
>> On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:02:09 -0800 (PST), Snidely
>> <snide...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Mar 12, 9:26 am, Les Albert <lalbe...@aol.com> wrote:

>>> I've used a dremel. Not really one of my best ideas.
>>> I've used a dremel. Not really one of my best ideas.

>>> In Spring, a young man is fancy.

>> The long sobs of
>> The violins
>> Of autumn
>> Lay waste my heart
>> With monotones
>> Of boredom. - Paul L. Verlaine, Selected Poems, Oxford Univ. Press,
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> At the beginning of certain programs, the BBC would put in what were

>> known as ‘message personnels’, which were coded messages to resistance

>> groups throughout Europe. To most listeners, the messages meant

>> nothing but to the informed few, they could mean anything from ‘blow
>> up a section of railway line’ at a given point, to ‘a new SOE agent
>> will arrive shortly’.

>So how did they know what those things meant?

British agents parachuted into France all throughout WWII.

Les

新着メール 0 件