Once again, Reuters delights me

Joseph Nebus

Mar 10, 2010, 10:13:50 AM3/10/10
Now this sounds like the sort of technology I could get behind,
assuming that someone is able to solve the problem of there somehow
being ``leftover'' chocolate. I suppose I can grasp that concept, just
not how it would ever happen in the real world.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6282JZ20100309

Chocolate-powered racecar makes sustainability sexy
Ros Krasny
Tue Mar 9, 2010 12:54pm EST

BOSTON (Reuters Life!) - Fueled by leftover chocolate
and with components made from carrots, potato starch and flax,
the world's first sustainable Formula 3 racing car has a top
speed of 135 miles per hour and can go from zero to 60 in 2.5
seconds.

Sound nuts? Not yet -- brake pads made from cashews are
still under development.

--
Joseph Nebus

Mary

Mar 10, 2010, 10:54:46 AM3/10/10
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---

Yeah, cool enough. But what a waste of chocolate.

Mary

Paul Ciszek

Mar 10, 2010, 11:36:05 AM3/10/10

In article <nebusj.1...@vcmr-86.server.rpi.edu>,

Joseph Nebus <nebusj-@-rpi-.edu> wrote:
> Now this sounds like the sort of technology I could get behind,
>assuming that someone is able to solve the problem of there somehow
>being ``leftover'' chocolate. I suppose I can grasp that concept, just
>not how it would ever happen in the real world.
>
> http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6282JZ20100309
>
> Chocolate-powered racecar makes sustainability sexy
> Ros Krasny
> Tue Mar 9, 2010 12:54pm EST
>
> BOSTON (Reuters Life!) - Fueled by leftover chocolate
> and with components made from carrots, potato starch and flax,
> the world's first sustainable Formula 3 racing car has a top
> speed of 135 miles per hour and can go from zero to 60 in 2.5
> seconds.

But how long does it take to get to 88MPH? And can it generate
1.21 gigawatts?

--
Please reply to: | "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
pciszek at panix dot com | indistinguishable from malice."

Veronique

Mar 10, 2010, 11:42:04 AM3/10/10
On Mar 10, 7:54 am, Mary <mrfeath...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Mar 10, 9:13 am, nebu...@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:
>

> >         Now this sounds like the sort of technology I could get behind,
> > assuming that someone is able to solve the problem of there somehow
> > being ``leftover'' chocolate.  I suppose I can grasp that concept, just
> > not how it would ever happen in the real world.
>
> >        http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6282JZ20100309
>
> >                 Chocolate-powered racecar makes sustainability sexy
> >                 Ros Krasny
> >                 Tue Mar 9, 2010 12:54pm EST
>
> >                 BOSTON (Reuters Life!) - Fueled by leftover chocolate
> >         and with components made from carrots, potato starch and flax,
> >         the world's first sustainable Formula 3 racing car has a top
> >         speed of 135 miles per hour and can go from zero to 60 in 2.5
> >         seconds.

> Yeah, cool enough.  But what a waste of chocolate.

Isn't "leftover chocolate" the wrapper?

V.
--
Veronique Chez Sheep

Mary

Mar 10, 2010, 2:53:18 PM3/10/10

Exactly! Show me a car that runs on chocolate wrappers and then I'll
give you your kudos.

Mary

D.F. Manno

Mar 10, 2010, 5:58:56 PM3/10/10
nebusj-@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:

> Now this sounds like the sort of technology I could get behind,
> assuming that someone is able to solve the problem of there somehow
> being ``leftover'' chocolate. I suppose I can grasp that concept, just
> not how it would ever happen in the real world.
>
> http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6282JZ20100309
>
> Chocolate-powered racecar makes sustainability sexy
> Ros Krasny
> Tue Mar 9, 2010 12:54pm EST
>
> BOSTON (Reuters Life!) - Fueled by leftover chocolate
> and with components made from carrots, potato starch and flax,
> the world's first sustainable Formula 3 racing car has a top
> speed of 135 miles per hour and can go from zero to 60 in 2.5
> seconds.
>
> Sound nuts? Not yet -- brake pads made from cashews are
> still under development.

Didn't read past those grafs, didja? The eighth graf: "The 2.0-liter BMW
engine has been converted to diesel from gasoline and configured to run
on fuel derived from _waste from chocolate factories_ or other
plant-based oils." [Emphasis added.]

--
D.F. Manno | dfm...@mail.com
"I have seen the truth and it doesn't make sense."

Opus the Penguin

Mar 10, 2010, 6:04:03 PM3/10/10

Mmmmmm. Kudos.

http://www.kudosbar.com/kudos/index.htm

--
Opus the Penguin
The best darn penguin in all of Usenet

groo

Mar 12, 2010, 12:14:48 AM3/12/10
nos...@nospam.com (Paul Ciszek) wrote:

> In article <nebusj.1...@vcmr-86.server.rpi.edu>,
> Joseph Nebus <nebusj-@-rpi-.edu> wrote:
>> Now this sounds like the sort of technology I could get behind,
>>assuming that someone is able to solve the problem of there somehow
>>being ``leftover'' chocolate. I suppose I can grasp that concept, just
>>not how it would ever happen in the real world.
>>
>> http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6282JZ20100309
>>
>> Chocolate-powered racecar makes sustainability sexy
>> Ros Krasny
>> Tue Mar 9, 2010 12:54pm EST
>>
>> BOSTON (Reuters Life!) - Fueled by leftover chocolate
>> and with components made from carrots, potato starch and flax,
>> the world's first sustainable Formula 3 racing car has a top
>> speed of 135 miles per hour and can go from zero to 60 in 2.5
>> seconds.
>
> But how long does it take to get to 88MPH? And can it generate
> 1.21 gigawatts?

Nope. Flux capacitors contain PCBs.

--
One of those "OMG I'm so glad I found you - I've been looking for you for
11 years. I'm your daughter!" messages. You know, those are always nice.

Joseph Nebus

Mar 12, 2010, 10:41:34 PM3/12/10
"D.F. Manno" <dfm...@mail.com> writes:

>In article <nebusj.1...@vcmr-86.server.rpi.edu>,
> nebusj-@-rpi-.edu (Joseph Nebus) wrote:

>> Now this sounds like the sort of technology I could get behind,
>> assuming that someone is able to solve the problem of there somehow
>> being ``leftover'' chocolate. I suppose I can grasp that concept, just
>> not how it would ever happen in the real world.
>>
>> http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6282JZ20100309

>Didn't read past those grafs, didja? The eighth graf: "The 2.0-liter BMW

>engine has been converted to diesel from gasoline and configured to run
>on fuel derived from _waste from chocolate factories_ or other
>plant-based oils." [Emphasis added.]

Didn't pay attention to my smiley, did you?

--
Joseph Nebus