Location of serial number on Fluke 87-V ?

Sparky

Sep 19, 2014, 2:48:44 AM9/19/14
I'm buying a used 87-V and as always I am creating a bill of sale / receipt.

Where is the serial number located? Is it readily visible? Or in the battery
compartment? Or in software?

Thanks.

Sparky

Sep 19, 2014, 10:25:17 AM9/19/14
> The 77 number is hot-type impressed into the plastic of the casing,
> outside. Is there a patch of ground-off plastic on your one?

Don't have it yet. Just want to know where the number is located so as to not
be fumbling around when making the buy.

Thanks.

Martin Riddle

Sep 19, 2014, 11:08:53 AM9/19/14
It's in the center on the back of the meter, with a barcode.
If you lift up the Bail on the yellow rubber case, there is a cut out
so that you can see it.

Cheers

Sparky

Sep 19, 2014, 11:56:30 AM9/19/14
> It's in the center on the back of the meter, with a barcode.
> If you lift up the Bail on the yellow rubber case, there is a cut out
> so that you can see it.
>
> Cheers

Thanks!

Sparky

Sep 19, 2014, 10:58:53 PM9/19/14
Bah!

It was advertised as an 87-V, even had a photo (albeit a stock photo) of an
87-V. Turned out to be first generation 87.

Keep looking...