Nicola Tesla transverse and longitudinal electric waves [1931]

gabydewilde

Sep 18, 2009, 8:10:18 PM9/18/09
Eric Dollard, Tom Brown and Peter Lindemann demonstrate that
longitudinal waves actually do really do exist.

Tesla longitudinal electricity
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6461713170757457294

Tesla transverse and longitudinal electric waves
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-721789270445596549

* Eric P. Dollard - Theory of Wireless Power - 69 pages (#B0082)

This paper contains many essential formulae and supporting data
necessary to understand the Transmission of Electrical Energy Without
Wires. Discusses and diagrams the Marconi Wireless station based at
Bolinas, California, circa 1919. Unlike many erroneous modern theories
of how Tesla achieved his goal, this paper is based on real work with
a Tesla Magnifying Transmitter. Illustrated with charts & diagrams.

* Eric P. Dollard - Introduction to Dielectric & Magnetic
Discharges in Electrical Windings (1982) - 38 pages (#B0020)

Eric Dollard’s work on the relationship of the dielectric and
electromagnetic aspects of electricity is the most important
breakthrough in modern day electrical research providing real avenues
of research into Tesla’s secrets. Contains ELECTRICAL OSCILLATIONS IN
ANTENNAE & INDUCTION COILS by John Miller, 1919, one of the few
articles containing equations useful to the design of Tesla Coils.

* Eric P. Dollard - Condensed Intro to Tesla Transformers - 70
pages (#B0018)

An abstract of the theory and construction techniques of Tesla
Transformers written by one of the most brilliant modern day
researchers into High Frequency Electricity as pioneered by Tesla and
Steinmetz. Contains the article CAPACITY by Fritz Lowenstein,
assistant to Tesla in his research.

* Eric P. Dollard - Symbolic Representation of the Generalized
Electric Wave - 86 pages (#B0080)

Extension of the theory of versor operators and imaginary numbers
to represent complex oscillating waves such as those encountered in
the researches of Nikola Tesla and everywhere in Nature. Theory of
Free Electricity produced by rotating apparatus such as variable
reluctance devices. Waves flowing backwards in time are explored.

* Eric P. Dollard - Symbolic Representation of Alternating
Electric Waves - 53 pages (#B0079)

Introduction to the FOUR QUADRANT THEORY of Alternating Current
which allows engineering of Tesla’s inventions. Provides a more
complete understanding of the use of versor operators (degrees of
rotation), necessary to the understanding of the rotating magnetic
field. The process of the production of electrical energy using the
neglected QUADRANTS OF GROWTH is brought about via the use of these
operators.

* Eric Dollard - Free-Energy Research - a collection of
contributions to The Journal of Borderland Research - 28 pages
(#B0460)

Conributions Eric has made to the Journal of Borderland Research.
It contains the key to unlosk the Etheric aspects to Tesla technology.
Includes: Functional Thinking- an Interview with Eric Dollard, The
Transmission of Electricity, Understanding the Rotating Magnetic
Field, Introduction to Dielectricity & Capacitance.

Available here: http://www.borderlands.com/dollard.htm

____
http://blog.go-here.nl

Phil Hobbs

Sep 18, 2009, 8:59:38 PM9/18/09
gabydewilde wrote:
> [...]

> which allows engineering of Tesla�s inventions. Provides a more

> complete understanding of the use of versor operators (degrees of
> rotation), necessary to the understanding of the rotating magnetic
> field. The process of the production of electrical energy using the
> neglected QUADRANTS OF GROWTH is brought about via the use of these
> operators.
>
> * Eric Dollard - Free-Energy Research - a collection of
> contributions to The Journal of Borderland Research - 28 pages
> (#B0460)
>
> Conributions Eric has made to the Journal of Borderland Research.
> It contains the key to unlosk the Etheric aspects to Tesla technology.
> Includes: Functional Thinking- an Interview with Eric Dollard, The
> Transmission of Electricity, Understanding the Rotating Magnetic
> Field, Introduction to Dielectricity & Capacitance.

Of course longitudinal waves exist. They're called 'sound'.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

Don Kelly

Sep 18, 2009, 11:02:26 PM9/18/09

---------snip of quoted junk------

Extension of the theory of versor operators and imaginary numbers
to represent complex oscillating waves such as those encountered in
the researches of Nikola Tesla and everywhere in Nature. Theory of
Free Electricity produced by rotating apparatus such as variable
reluctance devices. Waves flowing backwards in time are explored.

* Eric P. Dollard - Symbolic Representation of Alternating
Electric Waves - 53 pages (#B0079)

Introduction to the FOUR QUADRANT THEORY of Alternating Current

which allows engineering of Tesla�s inventions. Provides a more

complete understanding of the use of versor operators (degrees of
rotation), necessary to the understanding of the rotating magnetic
field. The process of the production of electrical energy using the
neglected QUADRANTS OF GROWTH is brought about via the use of these
operators.

*******************
In amongst the garbage mentioned is the free electricity from variable
reluctance devices (tain't so); :the wonders of the Tesla transformer (a
rather inefficient high frequency device- good for lots of exciting
pyrotechniques but not much more; the slandering of Steinmetz (by
association) who did a great deal of the initial analysis of AC systems, but
fully covered in present sophomore courses; the "versor" ?? which appears to
be what has been called a "phasor" for the past 60 or so years (and vector
before that) , and the use of complex numbers for longer than that -both of
which are sophomore material, there is little left.

It is true that Tesla did conceive the idea of rotating fields (and the
induction machine) - it was his main achievement and nothing to do with
"free energy". No, knowledge of phasors and complex numbers wasn't needed
for this - such analysis came later. So, the factual information on these
topics is well known in both physics and engineering .

So what you are listing is a direct copy of a blurb from borderlands.com -
No actual thought or any concept of what is involved.
The Dollard paper I perused is a mix of a bit of fact and a lot of BS and
hand waving. Sounds great but, in fact there is little to no meat in the
bun.
Why not actually learn what is presently thought and get the needed critical
tools to analyse things- it's better than trusting in ignorance.

--
Don Kelly
dh...@shawcross.ca

***************************

doug

Sep 19, 2009, 12:29:07 AM9/19/09

Don Kelly wrote:

Gaby's whole point is to wallow in ignorance and paranoia. It is not
important to him that the system does not work, he only wants to
claim suppression. It is hard to learn science and it is much easier
to have tantrums as gaby does.

Benj

Sep 19, 2009, 1:39:22 AM9/19/09
On Sep 19, 12:29 am, doug <x...@xx.com> wrote:

> Gaby's whole point is to wallow in ignorance and paranoia. It is not
> important to him that the system does not work, he only wants to
> claim suppression. It is hard to learn science and it is much easier
> to have tantrums as gaby does.

And your "method" is what? To make wild assertions based only upon
your uninformed personal opinion (and what your bosses tell you to
say)? You have no idea if any of these things work or if the theories
have any basis in reality. You are so ignorant all you can do is
parrot the propaganda others feed you. You see, "doug", anonymous
pussy, mistakes are what people who actually know how to think
sometimes make. Which obviously does not include you. At least Don
actually READ one of the papers to form his opinion. A method, I'm
sure you'd never stoop to.

Dirk Van de moortel

Sep 19, 2009, 10:50:26 AM9/19/09
Benj <bja...@iwaynet.net> wrote in message
33b28536-380c-43e5...@31g2000vbf.googlegroups.com

your uninformed personal opinion (and what your peers tell you to

say)? You have no idea if any of these things work or if the theories
have any basis in reality. You are so ignorant all you can do is

parrot the propaganda others feed you. You see, "Benj", anonymous
pussy, mistakes are what people who actually don't know how to think
almost always make. Which obviously does include you. At least Doug
didn't HAVE to actually read any of the papers to form his opinion. A

method, I'm sure you'd never stoop to.

Dirk Vdm

Benj

Sep 19, 2009, 12:29:58 PM9/19/09
On Sep 19, 10:50 am, "Dirk Van de moortel"
<dirkvandemoor...@nospAm.hotmail.com> wrote:

> And your "method" is what? To make wild assertions based only upon
> your uninformed personal opinion (and what your peers tell you to
> say)?  You have no idea if any of these things work or if the theories
> have any basis in reality. You are so ignorant all you can do is
> parrot the propaganda others feed you.  You see, "Benj", anonymous
> pussy,  mistakes are what people who actually don't know how to think
> almost always make. Which obviously does include you. At least Doug
> didn't HAVE to actually read any of the papers to form his opinion. A
> method, I'm sure you'd never stoop to.

Cute, Dirk!

1. Haven't read these papers so have no opinion as to if theories
"work" or not. (Unlike Doug who asserted they don't)

2. Since I made no assertions of working or not working, it's not
"propaganda" as I'm not supporting an agenda.

3. I am not an "anonymous pussy" as a quick search of the internet
yields not only me but a photo of my house. "Benj" = BEN Jacoby.
What? You want me to teach you how to use your computer for a search
too?

4. idiot.

Benj

Sep 19, 2009, 12:48:27 PM9/19/09
On Sep 18, 8:59 pm, Phil Hobbs

<pcdhSpamMeSensel...@electrooptical.net> wrote:
> gabydewilde wrote:
> > Eric Dollard, Tom Brown and Peter Lindemann demonstrate that
> > longitudinal waves actually do really do exist.
>
> > Tesla longitudinal electricity
> >http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6461713170757457294
>
> > Tesla transverse and longitudinal electric waves
> >http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-721789270445596549

> Of course longitudinal waves exist.  They're called 'sound'.
>
> Cheers
>

> Dr Philip C D Hobbs
> Principal
> ElectroOptical Innovations

Hey Dr. Phil, before you make any more "ElectroOptical Innovations"
you really should note that sound waves while "longitudinal" in the
medium are not electromagnetic. And furthermore electromagnetic waves
exist without any medium to support them.

Cheers

doug

Sep 19, 2009, 1:56:32 PM9/19/09

Benj wrote:

> On Sep 19, 10:50 am, "Dirk Van de moortel"
> <dirkvandemoor...@nospAm.hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>And your "method" is what? To make wild assertions based only upon
>>your uninformed personal opinion (and what your peers tell you to
>>say)? You have no idea if any of these things work or if the theories
>>have any basis in reality. You are so ignorant all you can do is
>>parrot the propaganda others feed you. You see, "Benj", anonymous
>>pussy, mistakes are what people who actually don't know how to think
>>almost always make. Which obviously does include you. At least Doug
>>didn't HAVE to actually read any of the papers to form his opinion. A
>>method, I'm sure you'd never stoop to.
>

> Cute, Dirk!
>
> 1. Haven't read these papers so have no opinion as to if theories
> "work" or not. (Unlike Doug who asserted they don't)

If they violate the laws of physics, then they do not work. That
is very simple. However, frauds are used to gullible people to
make money from.

> 2. Since I made no assertions of working or not working, it's not
> "propaganda" as I'm not supporting an agenda.

Publicizing frauds and then attacking those who point out the
fraudulent nature is supporting an agenda.

> 3. I am not an "anonymous pussy" as a quick search of the internet
> yields not only me but a photo of my house. "Benj" = BEN Jacoby.
> What? You want me to teach you how to use your computer for a search
> too?

And that changes you knowledge of physics in what way?

> 4. idiot.

Benj

Sep 19, 2009, 1:23:33 PM9/19/09
On Sep 19, 1:56 pm, doug <x...@xx.com> wrote:

> And that changes you knowledge of physics in what way?

And if you possess such a great knowledge of "physics" how come all
you can ever do is give an unsubstantiated opinions on everything with
no science to ever back them up? Empty barrels make the most noise.

> > 4. idiot.

Still applies.

doug

Sep 19, 2009, 2:39:37 PM9/19/09

Benj wrote:

The laws of physics are very strict. They back up my comments.

>>>4. idiot.
>

> Still applies.

This is amazing. You want to believe that the laws of physics are
optional and that the government is competent enough to engage
in any vast century long conspiracies. You are an idiot.

John Larkin

Sep 19, 2009, 1:56:43 PM9/19/09

All the scientists in the world, from Maxwell on up, would have to be
parties to the conspiracy.

John

Dirk Van de moortel

Sep 19, 2009, 2:36:39 PM9/19/09
Benj <bja...@iwaynet.net> wrote in message
f578a006-4fc4-4ffd...@31g2000vbf.googlegroups.com

> On Sep 19, 10:50 am, "Dirk Van de moortel"
> <dirkvandemoor...@nospAm.hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> And your "method" is what? To make wild assertions based only upon
>> your uninformed personal opinion (and what your peers tell you to
>> say)? You have no idea if any of these things work or if the theories
>> have any basis in reality. You are so ignorant all you can do is
>> parrot the propaganda others feed you. You see, "Benj", anonymous
>> pussy, mistakes are what people who actually don't know how to think
>> almost always make. Which obviously does include you. At least Doug
>> didn't HAVE to actually read any of the papers to form his opinion. A
>> method, I'm sure you'd never stoop to.
>
> Cute, Dirk!

Don't flatter yourself.

Dirk Vdm

Rich Grise

Sep 19, 2009, 4:57:59 PM9/19/09

I once saw a picture of Tesla's "wireless power transmission" apparatus.

It was a HUGE coil (maybe 15-20 ft. diameter) and the whole receiving
thing was INSIDE it.

Somewhat like this little demo:
http://dominicfallows.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/bdde7_090512-wirelesspower-01.jpg
[mind the wrap]

Cheers!
Rich

Androcles

Sep 19, 2009, 5:29:48 PM9/19/09

"Rich Grise" <rich...@example.net> wrote in message

Yeah, well... it works. I reckon the best wireless power was this great
little
invention:
http://tinyurl.com/lqrxc9
See how the antennae scoop up the power and drive it along, completely
wireless.

Benj

Sep 19, 2009, 5:48:21 PM9/19/09
On Sep 19, 2:36 pm, "Dirk Van de moortel"
<dirkvandemoor...@nospAm.hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Cute, Dirk!
>
> Don't flatter yourself.

Why not? Nobody else here is going to do it!

Benj

Sep 19, 2009, 5:58:10 PM9/19/09
On Sep 19, 2:39 pm, doug <x...@xx.com> wrote:
> Benj wrote:

 Empty barrels make the most noise.

> The laws of physics are very strict. They back up my comments.

That would only be true if you had a clue how to interpret the laws of
physics.

> > Still applies.
>
> This is amazing. You want to believe that the laws of physics are
> optional and that the government is competent enough to engage
> in any vast century long conspiracies. You are an idiot.

And you believe that the earth is flat, the sun goes round the earth,
heavier than air flight is impossible, motors cannot be made without a
commutator, and yet you think that government with all authority and
the tax money they can steal, somehow can't keep a secret because a
couple of (minor ones) them leak out? If this is true I've never seen
anyone so naive and gullible (except, of course, those simply
pretending to be that way to hide their true motives) as you. Take my
advice, and find a nice political candidate you like and sign on to
their campaign for a year or so and then come back and we can continue
this stooopid conversation.

#4 still applies.

Benj

Sep 19, 2009, 5:59:00 PM9/19/09
On Sep 19, 5:29 pm, "Androcles" <Headmas...@Hogwarts.physics_o> wrote:

> Yeah, well... it works. I reckon the best wireless power was this great
> little
> invention:
>  http://tinyurl.com/lqrxc9
> See how the antennae scoop up the power and drive it along, completely
> wireless.

Good one, Andro!

doug

Sep 19, 2009, 8:01:23 PM9/19/09

Benj wrote:

With good reason.

doug

Sep 19, 2009, 8:03:48 PM9/19/09

Benj wrote:

> On Sep 19, 2:39 pm, doug <x...@xx.com> wrote:
>
>>Benj wrote:
>

> Empty barrels make the most noise.
>

>>The laws of physics are very strict. They back up my comments.
>

> That would only be true if you had a clue how to interpret the laws of
> physics.

Well, lets see. Energy is conserved. Free energy violates that.
That seems pretty simple. Well, not for you but that is your
fault.

>>>Still applies.
>>
>>This is amazing. You want to believe that the laws of physics are
>>optional and that the government is competent enough to engage
>>in any vast century long conspiracies. You are an idiot.
>

> And you believe that the earth is flat, the sun goes round the earth,
> heavier than air flight is impossible, motors cannot be made without a
> commutator, and yet you think that government with all authority and
> the tax money they can steal, somehow can't keep a secret because a
> couple of (minor ones) them leak out?

You keep exceeding your previous level of stupidity.

If this is true I've never seen
> anyone so naive and gullible (except, of course, those simply
> pretending to be that way to hide their true motives) as you. Take my
> advice, and find a nice political candidate you like and sign on to
> their campaign for a year or so and then come back and we can continue
> this stooopid conversation.

I expect that you will continue your stupid comments in any case.
It is also very funny to hear comments like this from you who look
to be no more than 14 givne your overall level of stupidity.

> #4 still applies.

Yes, you are still an idiot.

Androcles

Sep 19, 2009, 7:10:31 PM9/19/09

"Benj" <bja...@iwaynet.net> wrote in message

Good one, Andro!

====================
Thanks. Did I mention it's also free power?
All you need is men to build and operate it.
Same with nuclear power, really. Just dig some pitchblende out of the
ground, it's free. Oil too. What's all the fuss about? The sun shines
continually, loads of power, all anyone will ever need for eternity
(which ends on judgement day, when eternity II begins and the
big switch from old fashioned electricity to glory shining around
takes place). Some bloke called "Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel", as I understand
it.
Check out the Xmas carol for a better description than I can give.

John Larkin

Sep 19, 2009, 7:15:05 PM9/19/09
On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 16:03:48 -0800, doug <x...@xx.com> wrote:

>Benj wrote:
>
>> On Sep 19, 2:39 pm, doug <x...@xx.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Benj wrote:
>>

>> Empty barrels make the most noise.
>>

>>>The laws of physics are very strict. They back up my comments.
>>

>> That would only be true if you had a clue how to interpret the laws of
>> physics.
>>

>Well, lets see. Energy is conserved. Free energy violates that.
>That seems pretty simple. Well, not for you but that is your
>fault.

>>>This is amazing. You want to believe that the laws of physics are
>>>optional and that the government is competent enough to engage
>>>in any vast century long conspiracies. You are an idiot.
>>

>> And you believe that the earth is flat, the sun goes round the earth,
>> heavier than air flight is impossible, motors cannot be made without a
>> commutator, and yet you think that government with all authority and
>> the tax money they can steal, somehow can't keep a secret because a
>> couple of (minor ones) them leak out?
>
>You keep exceeding your previous level of stupidity.

Stupidity is not conserved.

John

doug

Sep 19, 2009, 8:21:46 PM9/19/09

John Larkin wrote:

That is a good point, thanks.

> John

alien8er

Sep 19, 2009, 8:42:26 PM9/19/09
On Sep 18, 5:10 pm, gabydewilde <gdewi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Eric Dollard, Tom Brown and Peter Lindemann demonstrate that
> longitudinal waves actually do really do exist.

> Available here:http://www.borderlands.com/dollard.htm

...for a total of $267.65.

That's not science, that's marketing.

Mark L. Fergerson

doug

Sep 19, 2009, 10:05:09 PM9/19/09

That is the whole point of these scams. Gaby does not
get it.

> Mark L. Fergerson

Benj

Sep 20, 2009, 4:26:07 AM9/20/09

doug wrote:

> That is the whole point of these scams. Gaby does not
> get it.

Say, "Doug", I've been reading your posts and I notice that in NONE of
them do you ever display any knowledge of science or math. All you
seem to do is call people names and accuse them of having no
scientific knowledge. Since you are obviously an English literature
major having "fun" on the internet, how would you know what Gaby
"gets"? Got that dissertation analyzing the use of the word "Thee" in
Elizabethan poetry written yet? No? Well, you'll just have to stay in
school for another 8 or 10 years. No matter, you'll love it, even
though we all know what you DO NOT "get"! :-)

Angelo Campanella

Sep 20, 2009, 7:18:45 AM9/20/09

>"gabydewilde" <gdew...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>Eric Dollard, Tom Brown and Peter Lindemann demonstrate that
>longitudinal waves actually do really do exist.

It took over an hour to view this video.

I'm tempted to coin the term "jnkyard science" to distinguish it's
superiority as compared to "junk science".

The longitudinal aspect claimed is most evident when the exciting
oscillator frequency was scanned from about 1MHz to almost 3 HHz, where it
is alleged that the lowere frequency resonance was that of the
"longitudinal" wave while the 2.5+- MHz reonannce was termed that of a
transverse wave. I can find an analagous distinction between the "near
field" of an antenna as opposed to he "far field" of the same antenna.

Indeed, in the near field, the electric and magnetic field vetors may
not be normal to one another, and indeed one can demonstrate the transfer of
energy across a small amount of space... likely out as far as 1/10th of a
wavelength... for 1MHZ, the e-m wavelength is 300 meters, so transmissions
within a laboratory building at 1 MHz could be "claimed" by Tesla to be
"longitudinal".

I sense an incongruence of the use of the term "longitudinal", easy to
commit in the ripe old year of 1900AD. What tesla said was that it can be
demonstraed that energy can be transmited without wires. He the then labeled
such a transmission mode as "longitudinal" wave transmmission. We in our
modern lexicon have been trained to interpret the term "longitudinal wave"
to mean pressure, or pressure-like influence, pressing in the direction of
wave travel. In about the same time frame, the e-m waves being described by
Hertz and Maxwell required the postulating of lateral (or transverse)
electric and magnetic fields in order to satify their theoretical
develpments plus the static and magnetic observations recorded up to that
time. To repeat, I see - using modern lexicon - Tesla's term "longitudinal"
to be the "near field" or "induction fielld" transfer of energy This
transmiddion mode is very common nowadays and put to beneficial use everday
inside transformers and inside electic motors. Such transmission distances
are minute, but the principal remains intact The greater distances
speculated by Tesla in the end proved to be vastly inefficient, and led o
the quiet death of his patents and efforts.

> Tesla transverse and longitudinal electric waves
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-721789270445596549

I did not take the time to view this second video.

Angelo Campanella

doug

Sep 20, 2009, 11:14:34 AM9/20/09

Benj wrote:

> doug wrote:
>

>>That is the whole point of these scams. Gaby does not
>>get it.
>

> Say, "Doug", I've been reading your posts and I notice that in NONE of
> them do you ever display any knowledge of science or math.

That is because you do not recognize the science. The posts of gaby
only need to say "that violates the conservation of energy". It
only needs to be said once no matter which fraud he brings up.
He does not like or understand that basic law of physics and
so he certainly cannot go past that.

All you
> seem to do is call people names and accuse them of having no
> scientific knowledge.

That is a fact if you do not understand the basic laws of
phyiscs.

Since you are obviously an English literature
> major having "fun" on the internet, how would you know what Gaby
> "gets"? Got that dissertation analyzing the use of the word "Thee" in
> Elizabethan poetry written yet? No? Well, you'll just have to stay in
> school for another 8 or 10 years. No matter, you'll love it, even
> though we all know what you DO NOT "get"! :-)

It is funny to hear a fool like you guess what my education is.
You are no more accurate on that than you are in any of your
feeble attempts to attack science.

gabydewilde

Sep 22, 2009, 3:28:14 PM9/22/09
On Sep 20, 1:18 pm, "Angelo Campanella" <a.campane...@att.net> wrote:
> >"gabydewilde" <gdewi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Oh, it's worth checking out the other video.

Btw, your imagination about Tesla's patent is seriously laughable.

Anyway,

Good luck on your junkyard

_____
http://blog.go-here.nl

Tim Heise

Sep 22, 2009, 10:35:15 PM9/22/09
<<<snipped--what's already been stated>>>
Regardless of all that longitutal wave stuff, Tesla's wireless power
system
would still rely on electromagnetic waves to transfer energy. Like the
other
three basic forces of physics, electromagnetism is affected by the law of
the inverse square. Perhaps Tesla was aware of this.
I heard also that although Tesla lived to seniority, he did not age very
well.
//
tbh

Benj

Sep 23, 2009, 8:31:30 AM9/23/09
On Sep 20, 11:14 am, doug <x...@xx.com> wrote:
> Benj wrote:

> > Say, "Doug", I've been reading your posts and I notice that in NONE of
> > them do you ever display any knowledge of science or math.
>
> That is because you do not recognize the science. The posts of gaby
> only need to say "that violates the conservation of energy". It
> only needs to be said once no matter which fraud he brings up.
> He does not like or understand that basic law of physics and
> so he certainly cannot go past that.

Still no knowledge of science or math! You have no idea what
"conservation of energy" even means. Your idea is that you will
specify which sources of energy you will allow to be counted and which
ones you won't! Idiot. Never heard of ZPE I take it. Go read a
freshman physics magazine. You clearly have NO understanding of
physics.

> It is funny to hear a fool like you guess what my education is.
> You are no more accurate on that than you are in any of your
> feeble attempts to attack science.

Right. CB radio is SO much fun! You can hide behind your anonymous
"handle" and shout names at all the truckers driving by. That makes
you SO superior to everyone else. Probably you work for the CIA, can
speak 25 languages fluently and can't say anything intelligent in any
of them.

Benj

Sep 23, 2009, 8:46:03 AM9/23/09
On Sep 22, 10:35 pm, "Tim Heise" <cable...@comcast.net> wrote:
> <<<snipped--what's already been stated>>>
>     Regardless of all that longitutal wave stuff, Tesla's wireless power
> system
> would still rely on electromagnetic waves to transfer energy.  Like the
> other
> three basic forces of physics, electromagnetism  is affected by the law of
> the inverse square.  Perhaps Tesla was aware of this.

What does "affected by the law of the inverse square" mean? It means
nothing relevant here. Inverse square applies to a point source
radiating into free space. The idea is that any system looks like a
point source if you get far enough away. Any system but Tesla's! You
have no idea what you are talking about. Tesla's system didn't
transmit power into all of free space as you pretend. Tesla's great
discovery was that that the ionosphere is conductive! Thus there is
an electromagnetic cavity made between the spherical conductive earth
and the spherical conductive ionosphere. So when you feed power into
coaxial cable, the law of inverse square determines the amount of
power that comes out the other end, right? WRONG. The law doesn't
apply. The lost energy depends on conductive losses not on geometric
spread. Same with Tesla's system. Perhaps you weren't aware of the
things. Tesla was.

>     I heard also that although Tesla lived to seniority, he did not age very
> well.

Oh sure. Tesla may have invented a decent motor or two but as he got
older, he just lost all his intelligence and got paranoid and started
wearing a tin foil hat. I guess that means we can all turn in
everything he invented as worthless trash. Your motors, your electric
transmission system, your car speedometers, your OR and AND gates,
your VTOL aircraft, your radio, your tv, in short just throw out the
20th century and take us all back to ox carts because hey, don't you
know? Tesla was insane so nothing he says needs to be listened to. And
if you start supporting Tesla we will all reject YOU as insane too!
Everybody get the message?

I heard that you wear a tin foil hat!

doug

Sep 23, 2009, 10:24:59 AM9/23/09

Benj wrote:

> On Sep 20, 11:14 am, doug <x...@xx.com> wrote:
>
>>Benj wrote:
>

>>>Say, "Doug", I've been reading your posts and I notice that in NONE of
>>>them do you ever display any knowledge of science or math.
>>
>>That is because you do not recognize the science. The posts of gaby
>>only need to say "that violates the conservation of energy". It
>>only needs to be said once no matter which fraud he brings up.
>>He does not like or understand that basic law of physics and
>>so he certainly cannot go past that.
>

> Still no knowledge of science or math!

See, you do not even recognize science.

You have no idea what
> "conservation of energy" even means. Your idea is that you will
> specify which sources of energy you will allow to be counted and which
> ones you won't! Idiot. Never heard of ZPE I take it. Go read a
> freshman physics magazine. You clearly have NO understanding of
> physics.

Well, you are off into your delusions of what you think science
should be while the rest of us live with science as it is.

>>It is funny to hear a fool like you guess what my education is.
>>You are no more accurate on that than you are in any of your
>>feeble attempts to attack science.
>

> Right. CB radio is SO much fun! You can hide behind your anonymous
> "handle" and shout names at all the truckers driving by. That makes
> you SO superior to everyone else. Probably you work for the CIA, can
> speak 25 languages fluently and can't say anything intelligent in any
> of them.

Yes, you like to demonstrate your ignorance and you do it very well.

doug

Sep 23, 2009, 10:31:36 AM9/23/09

Benj wrote:

> On Sep 22, 10:35 pm, "Tim Heise" <cable...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>><<<snipped--what's already been stated>>>
>> Regardless of all that longitutal wave stuff, Tesla's wireless power
>>system
>>would still rely on electromagnetic waves to transfer energy. Like the
>>other
>>three basic forces of physics, electromagnetism is affected by the law of
>>the inverse square. Perhaps Tesla was aware of this.
>

> What does "affected by the law of the inverse square" mean? It means
> nothing relevant here.

Except, of course, it applies exactly.

Inverse square applies to a point source
> radiating into free space. The idea is that any system looks like a
> point source if you get far enough away. Any system but Tesla's! You
> have no idea what you are talking about. Tesla's system didn't
> transmit power into all of free space as you pretend. Tesla's great
> discovery was that that the ionosphere is conductive!

And thus lossy.

Thus there is
> an electromagnetic cavity made between the spherical conductive earth
> and the spherical conductive ionosphere.

Even if this were true, it would be a very lossy cavity since
the conductivity of the ionosphere is not infinite.

So when you feed power into
> coaxial cable, the law of inverse square determines the amount of
> power that comes out the other end, right? WRONG. The law doesn't
> apply. The lost energy depends on conductive losses not on geometric
> spread.

Which in the ionosphere case are very high.

Same with Tesla's system. Perhaps you weren't aware of the
> things. Tesla was.

So, it does not work as he claimed and it would not work
even if the cavity idea was correct.

>> I heard also that although Tesla lived to seniority, he did not age very
>>well.
>

> Oh sure. Tesla may have invented a decent motor or two but as he got
> older, he just lost all his intelligence and got paranoid and started
> wearing a tin foil hat.

Tesla did turn into a crank and was ignored in his later years. It
is funny going to the Tesla museum and hearing all the wild claims
from the guides telling how much of modern physics they think is
wrong since Tesla had his claims which they believe.

I guess that means we can all turn in
> everything he invented as worthless trash. Your motors, your electric
> transmission system, your car speedometers, your OR and AND gates,
> your VTOL aircraft, your radio, your tv, in short just throw out the
> 20th century and take us all back to ox carts because hey, don't you
> know? Tesla was insane so nothing he says needs to be listened to. And
> if you start supporting Tesla we will all reject YOU as insane too!
> Everybody get the message?

Yes, your paranoia has rotted your brain.

Rich Grise

Sep 23, 2009, 12:17:04 PM9/23/09
On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 05:46:03 -0700, Benj wrote:
> On Sep 22, 10:35�pm, "Tim Heise" <cable...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> <<<snipped--what's already been stated>>> � � Regardless of all that
>> longitutal wave stuff, Tesla's wireless power system
>> would still rely on electromagnetic waves to transfer energy. �Like the
>> other
>> three basic forces of physics, electromagnetism �is affected by the law
>> of the inverse square. �Perhaps Tesla was aware of this.
>
> What does "affected by the law of the inverse square" mean? It means
> nothing relevant here. Inverse square applies to a point source radiating
> into free space. The idea is that any system looks like a point source if
> you get far enough away. Any system but Tesla's! You have no idea what
> you are talking about. Tesla's system didn't transmit power into all of
> free space as you pretend. Tesla's great discovery was that that the
> ionosphere is conductive! Thus there is an electromagnetic cavity made
> between the spherical conductive earth and the spherical conductive
> ionosphere. So when you feed power into coaxial cable, the law of inverse
> square determines the amount of power that comes out the other end, right?
> WRONG. The law doesn't apply. The lost energy depends on conductive
> losses not on geometric spread. Same with Tesla's system. Perhaps you
> weren't aware of the things. Tesla was.

OK, then, god dammit! BUILD ONE AND DEMONSTRATE IT, or get lost.

Put up or shut up.

Put your money where your mouth is.

But all this blathering about imaginary stuff outside the known laws of
physics is merely annoying.

Thanks,
Rich

Tim Heise

Sep 23, 2009, 3:08:23 PM9/23/09

"doug" <x...@xx.com> wrote in message

> Benj wrote:
>
>> On Sep 22, 10:35 pm, "Tim Heise" <cable...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>><<<snipped--what's already been stated>>>
>>> Regardless of all that longitutal wave stuff, Tesla's wireless power
>>>system
>>>would still rely on electromagnetic waves to transfer energy. Like the
>>>other
>>>three basic forces of physics, electromagnetism is affected by the law
>>>of
>>>the inverse square. Perhaps Tesla was aware of this.
>>

>> What does "affected by the law of the inverse square" mean? It means
>> nothing relevant here.
>
> Except, of course, it applies exactly.
>
> Inverse square applies to a point source
>> radiating into free space. The idea is that any system looks like a
>> point source if you get far enough away. Any system but Tesla's! You
>> have no idea what you are talking about. Tesla's system didn't
>> transmit power into all of free space as you pretend. Tesla's great
>> discovery was that that the ionosphere is conductive!

The antenna of Tesla's wireless power system can be considered a point
source.
For a given power intensity at one point, doubling the distance from that
source will dissipate the wireless power over an area the square of the
first point. Thanks, Doug
//
tbh
which is the square of the former point

alien8er

Sep 23, 2009, 4:10:33 PM9/23/09

Have you been reading _my_ posts?

I repeat; the material Gaby cited is NOT science, it's marketing.

Cranks just love to make stupid claims about Tesla's
accomplishments, both real and imagined, because they, for the most
part, have no concept of what his accomplishments actually were much
less how he went about accomplishing them.

From Gaby's post:

Just hilarious. First "gotcha" is the constant misuse (one might say
"abuse") of the phrase "harmonic resonance".

These guys do NOT grok Tesla's resonant transformer systems, even at
the component level. They don't know why they need a "medical Tesla
coil" to excite their transmitter/receiver system, they think the
spark gaps "accelerate the wave", they're using PLASMA BALLS instead
of metal balls for the terminals, they're using COAX for the high-
potential windings on both transmitter and receiver...

It's just bathetic.

The guy with the beard seems to have a few clues, but really, the
receiving coil is wound in the opposite direction from that of the
transmitter? Please.

The "demonstration of single-wire power transmission" is somewhat
flawed by the mention of how the unplugged wire "is quite energized,
high voltage is on it".

Well of course there is; that illustrates the return path, through
the air capacitance between the end of the wire and the place it was
previously plugged into. Notice the lamp is much dimmer in "single-
wire" mode. That's due to the loss through the air path.

Then, Bearded Guy hooks up an ammeter to the output and measures a
screaming .6 amps! But, he doesn't mention how much he's putting into
the transmitter; they never do.

I couldn't bring myself to continue past that point.

So far, nothing about "Longitudinal Electric Waves".

(Yes, they exist; no, they're nothing new- everybody who knows
electricity knows about them; no, they are NOT useful for transmitting
huge amounts of power because they exist only in a dielectric medium,
and are frightfully lossy. Also, there's ALWAYS a return path, even if
it's not obvious.)

Then Gaby linked us to:

Tesla transverse and longitudinal electric waves
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-721789270445596549

Load of crap from the get-go. Water waves are neither pure
transverse or pure longitudinal. The motion of the individual water
molecules is NOT up-and-down, it's in a circle:

http://www.teachersdomain.org/resource/ess05.sci.ess.watcyc.wavemotion/

He gets water and energy flow in tsunamis completely WRONG. The
water movement is exactly like any other wave, it's just that unlike
surface waves they involve all the water from the surface to the
seabottom, and it's not a very large movement for any given bit of
water until it hits a coastline, when things get concentrated.

He uses his mis-illustration, together with mysterious-sounding
terminology- "phase quadrature" and "phase conjunction" to try to
illustrate why longitudinal waves are different from transverse waves,
and gets it completely WRONG.

Also, I really like Bearded Guy's implication that longitudinal
waves propagate faster than transverse waves, which is complete
bullshit as illustrated IN HIS OWN DEMO. Watch the demo of transverse
waves very closely; notice that as he starts to make the first ripple,
the guy's hand holding the other end is pulled toward Bearded Guy's
end JUST AS QUICKLY as when Bearded Guy demo's longitudinal waves.

I saw no point in continuing with this video either.

I sure as hell won't be spending any money on their books/pamphlets.

If you really want some hard information on Tesla's work on
transmission and reception of power, why waste your time (and money)
reading what other people say about Tesla?

Why not instead read what he himself had to say? Start with his
_Colorado Springs Notes_:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/337910/Nikola-Tesla-Colorado-Springs-Notes

(not $24.99, FREE)

and the larger compilation of much of his work:

http://www.archive.org/details/inventionsresear00martiala

(not $39.95, FREE)

Then, rather than watch/read somebody else's blather about what they
THINK they did, why not actually build some of the described gear and
do your own damn experimenting? You don't need huge piles of money, or
even lots of room:

http://members.tm.net/lapointe/Mini_Tesla_Coil.html

Just take sensible precautions and DON'T ELECTROCUTE YOURSELF OR
ANYONE ELSE!

The most sensible precaution? Take Tesla's own advice for working
with electricity; keep your LEFT HAND in your pocket. That makes it
much less likely that current can flow through your heart and stop it
beating!

Mark L. Fergerson

Benj

Sep 23, 2009, 6:23:25 PM9/23/09
On Sep 23, 3:08 pm, "Tim Heise" <cable...@comcast.net> wrote:

>     The antenna of Tesla's wireless power system can be considered a point
> source.
> For a given power intensity at one point, doubling the distance from that
> source will dissipate the wireless power over an area the square of the
> first point.   Thanks, Doug

Lessee. If I put a "point source" loop into a microwave cavity, the
power inside that cavity is going to be distributed by falling off
according the inverse square distance from that driving loop. Right?
Idiot. Your first mistake was thinking "Doug" knows anything at all
about science. He is here to mislead everyone and apparently that also
includes you.

As to whether or not Tesla's power system actually worked is an open
question. Tesla loved to make wild statements to the press which they
would dutifully repeat while he laughed. But on the other hand he
asserted that the system was perfected. The interesting thing is that
his huge Long Island tower which everyone says was supposed to be his
power transmitting station, was said by Tesla himself in court under
oath to be a transatlantic radio system NOT wireless power
transmission (except as a large stretch of that terminology) So Like
I said it's an open question. Those to pretend to know the answer as
far as I can see are lying.

And I might add that given the size of the tower and the amount of RF
power he planned to pump into it, there is little doubt that had
funding not been pulled Tesla would have beat everyone for
transatlantic communications which in those days of messages by ship
would have surely been a successful project.

doug

Sep 23, 2009, 7:32:27 PM9/23/09

Benj wrote:
> On Sep 23, 3:08 pm, "Tim Heise" <cable...@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> The antenna of Tesla's wireless power system can be considered a point
>>source.
>>For a given power intensity at one point, doubling the distance from that
>>source will dissipate the wireless power over an area the square of the
>>first point. Thanks, Doug
>

> Lessee. If I put a "point source" loop into a microwave cavity, the
> power inside that cavity is going to be distributed by falling off
> according the inverse square distance from that driving loop. Right?
> Idiot. Your first mistake was thinking "Doug" knows anything at all
> about science. He is here to mislead everyone and apparently that also
> includes you.

So benj wants to demonstrate his stupidity yet again. What benj
seems to know nothing about is conductivity and how it affects
losses. Even if there were this magical cavity, the losses would
immediately use up the power and make it useless. The other part
always left out in schemes like these is power density. If there
were a perfect cavity, and there is not, the power density in
it would be so low as to be useless for collection. So benj, you
idea both does not work and would be useless if it did. Try
something different.

> As to whether or not Tesla's power system actually worked is an open
> question.

Not to scientists.

Tesla loved to make wild statements to the press which they
> would dutifully repeat while he laughed. But on the other hand he
> asserted that the system was perfected.

And the physics say he was wrong. Guess who wins that contest.

The interesting thing is that
> his huge Long Island tower which everyone says was supposed to be his
> power transmitting station, was said by Tesla himself in court under
> oath to be a transatlantic radio system NOT wireless power
> transmission (except as a large stretch of that terminology) So Like
> I said it's an open question. Those to pretend to know the answer as
> far as I can see are lying.

So, denying the laws of physics make sense to you and telling you
the truth is lying? No wonder you never learned any science.

daestrom

Sep 23, 2009, 8:41:33 PM9/23/09
Benj wrote:
> On Sep 23, 3:08 pm, "Tim Heise" <cable...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> The antenna of Tesla's wireless power system can be considered a point
>> source.
>> For a given power intensity at one point, doubling the distance from that
>> source will dissipate the wireless power over an area the square of the
>> first point. Thanks, Doug
>
> Lessee. If I put a "point source" loop into a microwave cavity, the
> power inside that cavity is going to be distributed by falling off
> according the inverse square distance from that driving loop. Right?
> Idiot. Your first mistake was thinking "Doug" knows anything at all
> about science. He is here to mislead everyone and apparently that also
> includes you.

Even if the conductivity of the earth and ionosphere were perfect, it is
not a wave-guide in the traditional sense. If the source extended
perfectly from earth to ionosphere, you would still only have a 'line
source' and the radiant power would fall off at 1/r (as opposed to 1/r^2
for a spherical radiation pattern from a true point source).

You keep making this silly comparison to linear wave guides which extend
in only one dimension whereas Tesla's idea of a 'cavity' between earth
and ionosphere is a two dimensional 'cavity'. So energy flux drops off
by 1/r as you move away from a perfect 'line source'.

Add to this the losses in the two 'conductors' of your 'cavity' and the
power transmission performance becomes abysmal. Just as Tesla himself
found.

daestrom

Bill Po

Apr 9, 2011, 4:03:37 AM4/9/11
So, as I understand from some of the above postings, the current laws
of physics are now profoundly and infallibly correct. They're etched
in stone forever! There will NEVER be any additional changes to the
concrete knowledge which is now known.

Hmmmmm? That seems to be the 'negative' message.
That's really interesting! (Maybe we should simply be-head anyone
who questions? That has always worked well in the past.)

Terrific philosophy! It should do well to keep us all in the dark and
on pedal power for the next 500 years, until some 'idiot' actually
examines Tesla's, proven, patented, developed and demonstrated
inventions.

The man did it! He demonstrated it to the public in Colorado Springs!
It's on record! Do the research!

Why aren't we using it? That's the real question.
It's the solution to the entire energy riddle.

Somewhere there must be an innovative electrical genius who could
resurrect all his great technology, put it to use, and become the next
billionaire for the expended effort!

"Mr. Can't never could!"
"Mr. Can, is the guy who will get disgustingly rich . . . doing it!"

Read and inform yourself. Tesla was not a fraud! He was more than 100
years ahead of his time. He was brought down because Edison had MORE
PROFITABLE ideas for the financiers. It's as simple as that!

Tesla was concerned with providing virtually free (very economical)
energy for the masses. The financiers (J.P. Morgan and others)
were concerned with making money on their investments. They had
already made huge investments into the electricity-grid and they
wanted those investments to payoff, Edison's way. Had they listened
to Tesla, we wouldn't have seen power lines on our
landscape. Had they listened to Tesla, you wouldn't be paying an
electric bill to the power company. Instead you would have a power
receiver in your yard that would provide you with virtually free power
for both your house and your car.

Plus, some of Tesla's technology was more dangerous than the H-bomb,
if it were to fall into the wrong hands. The U.S. government did not
want that knowledge to go public, with good reason. They confiscated
it! That's also a matter of record.

While you are informing yourself . . . read about Thomas T. Brown as
well. It will blow your mind. Do a search! Look up that name, and
quietly read. (No name calling or flames necessary.)