Buddy

suave harv

Feb 3, 2004, 3:38:58 PM2/3/04
I don't usually care for anniversaries but I always play a bit of Buddy on
the 3rd Feb. The 'Reminiscing' album sure sounds good coming through the old
Leek Speakers here in harv towers., (me flat)..
Wasn't he great?

Fave Buddy tracks

Well.. Alright
Peggy Sue Got Married (without backing voices version)
Because I Love You
Reminiscing
Midnight Shift
Rave On. . . .

Dawn in Memphis

Feb 3, 2004, 3:49:34 PM2/3/04
>Subject: Buddy
>From: "suave harv" macbr...@roswell.com
>Date: 2/3/2004 2:38 PM Central Standard Time
Buddy Holly's Rave On has always been a favorite of mine.
He was a musical genius........I miss him and Jackie Wilson.
Don't know why Jackie popped into my mind just now.

Dawn
www.altelvisking.com

Devildog

Feb 3, 2004, 3:52:29 PM2/3/04
>Subject: Re: Buddy
>From: freed...@aol.com (Dawn in Memphis)

>I miss him and Jackie Wilson.
>Don't know why Jackie popped into my mind just now.

Because he was good, and great talent always is remembered.

"Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand."

Richard Palmer

Feb 3, 2004, 4:16:09 PM2/3/04

I don't think it gets much better than turning out the lights,
snuggling up to the one you love, and listening to True Love Ways.

Richard

suave harv

Feb 3, 2004, 4:18:38 PM2/3/04

> I don't think it gets much better than turning out the lights,
> snuggling up to the one you love, and listening to True Love Ways.

"Just you knoooow why. . " lovely!

Hadji Derabertis

Feb 3, 2004, 5:13:48 PM2/3/04
Its amazing the size of his song catalogue considereing he was only
around for a couple of years. Anybody know how many songs he recorded in
his short life?
Jason~~

suave harv

Feb 3, 2004, 5:50:27 PM2/3/04
He once took Little Richard home for tea, and Buddy's Dad wouldn't let
Richard in. (Hell, it was Texas, and Richard was Black, Gay and sung
Rock&Roll, what's a Pa to do?).
Buddy said he wouldn't visit the house again, unless they let Richard in.
Some stories say he was let in, others say there was an outside barbeque as
a compromise. Either way, it's a nice tale of Rock&Roll camaraderie in those
halcyon days.

Any-one got a link to the pic of Buddy & Elvis? (there's only one, and they
are in a classroomy looking room, Buddy is way off to the right, looking on,
and Elvis looks to be 'holding court' before a performance). .

ALADDIN137

Feb 3, 2004, 9:17:34 PM2/3/04
>Subject: Buddy
>From: "suave harv" macbr...@roswell.com
>Date: 2/3/2004 12:38 PM Pacific Standard Time

I love Buddy Holly tunes....
Rave On
Everyday
Peggy Sue
All these years and I thought he said: No true love waits? Oh well...lol
~Aladdin

Feb 4, 2004, 2:10:12 AM2/4/04
You would think that. Are you right about anything?

.H.

ALADDIN137 <aladd...@aol.com> wrote in message

GW

Feb 4, 2004, 2:17:50 AM2/4/04
"suave harv" <macbr...@roswell.com> wrote in message

> Any-one got a link to the pic of Buddy & Elvis? (there's only one, and
they
> are in a classroomy looking room, Buddy is way off to the right, looking
on,
> and Elvis looks to be 'holding court' before a performance). .

Correct me if I'm wrong.......but isn't there some video (that's "movin'
pitchers" for all you Southerners) of Elvis and Buddy shot sometime around
1955?

Greg

CharlesBunch995

Feb 4, 2004, 3:09:32 AM2/4/04
>I don't think it gets much better than turning out the lights,
>snuggling up to the one you love, and listening to True Love Ways.
>
>Richard

You got that right, my friend. It was about a year ago, that I first started
appreciating that song. At the time, I listened to it every day and just
couldn't get enough of "True Love Ways." Mellow jazz, Buddy Holly style. I
think I'll go have a listen now. {grin}
Chuck

ALADDIN137

Feb 4, 2004, 3:23:49 AM2/4/04
>Subject: Re: Buddy
>From: "H" d...@attcanada.ca
>Date: 2/3/2004 11:10 PM Pacific Standard Time

>You would think that. Are you right about anything?

>.H.

No. It would appear not.
Obviously nothing that is really worth mentioning here though....lol
I went through Grade School reciting the pledge of alligience......"One
Nation....Invisible by God......" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha What is
worse, it appears to be the truth of the matter.
~A

suave harv

Feb 4, 2004, 7:21:28 AM2/4/04

> Correct me if I'm wrong.......but isn't there some video (that's "movin'
> pitchers" for all you Southerners) of Elvis and Buddy shot sometime around
> 1955?

As far as I recall, in that film they are not pictured together, but yes, it
was filmed at the same show (backstage).
As far as I know, there is only one picture of Elvis & Buddy on the same
photo, and that's the one to which I refer.

Kingtcb

Feb 4, 2004, 7:37:12 AM2/4/04
>of Elvis and Buddy shot sometime around
>> 1955?

back when giants walked the earth

kingtcb

suave harv

Feb 4, 2004, 7:44:44 AM2/4/04
> back when giants walked the earth
>
> kingtcb

Too right! Johnny Cash and Carl Perkins were there too, and are featured on
the film. Gods all. . .

coca.cola kid

Feb 5, 2004, 11:05:46 AM2/5/04
Richard, why would you snuggle up to the one I love?

John Szabanowicz.

"Richard Palmer" <r.pa...@virgin.net> wrote in message

Richard Palmer

Feb 5, 2004, 3:45:26 PM2/5/04
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 16:05:46 -0000, "coca.cola kid"
<coca...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Richard, why would you snuggle up to the one I love?
>
>John Szabanowicz.

Because you go out every Friday night, and she invites me over.

Richard

St. Matthew

Feb 5, 2004, 6:18:05 PM2/5/04
<<From: suave harv (ha...@cassiopeia95.freeserve.co.uk)

Any of you cats playing a little bit of Buddy today?>>

Tried to honor him at karaoke (Everyday), but the nights are never as
long as I'd like 'em to be & I plumb ran outta time. :(

St. Matthew

Feb 5, 2004, 6:23:28 PM2/5/04
freed...@aol.com (Dawn in Memphis) wrote in message news:<20040203154934...@mb-m06.aol.com>...

> Buddy Holly's Rave On has always been a favorite of mine.
> He was a musical genius........I miss him and Jackie Wilson.
> Don't know why Jackie popped into my mind just now.

Heh. Maybe they're together in rock & roll heaven. It isn't hard for
me to envisage what such a collaboration might be like...

Hadji Derabertis

Feb 6, 2004, 12:41:54 AM2/6/04
Again guys, do any of you know how many songs Buddy recorded? A ballpark
even? More then 100?
Also, are there any live recordings out there of Buddy?
Jason~~

Richard Palmer

Feb 6, 2004, 4:09:13 AM2/6/04
On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 00:41:54 -0500, Hadji Derabertis
<stephen...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Again guys, do any of you know how many songs Buddy recorded? A ballpark
>even? More then 100?
>Also, are there any live recordings out there of Buddy?
>Jason~~

A quick search on Google brought up this site:

http://www.chez.com/gvignal/homepage.htm

which is probably going to tell you everything you need to know. It's
hard to answer the question about numbers though, because a lot of
what Buddy recorded were just home demo's, which Norman Petty took and
overdubbed. And there are more than one set of overdubs for some
songs, so it gets even more confusing.

There are some live recordings out there, including Ed Sullivan
material, but I'm not enough of an expert to give you details of where
you might find them.

I bought a 6 CD bootleg box set some time ago, and the sleeve notes
are...well, non-existent actually, so I couldn't even say what it is
I'm listening to most of the time. There might well be some live
material on there, but without listening to it all again I'd never
know.

Richard

Bill

Feb 6, 2004, 6:11:41 PM2/6/04

Hadji Derabertis wrote:

> Again guys, do any of you know how many songs Buddy recorded? A ballpark
> even? More then 100?
> Also, are there any live recordings out there of Buddy?
> Jason~~

The bootleg boxset What You've Been A'Missing has some live stuff from
his UK tour.

Bill

Broadway

Feb 6, 2004, 11:18:48 PM2/6/04
>The bootleg boxset What You've Been A'Missing has some live stuff from
>his UK tour.
>
>Bill

Hey Bill,
Anything that sounds like anything or are they radio transcriptions?

Allen

Feb 7, 2004, 6:19:20 AM2/7/04
Hi ELVIS Friends,
Where can I get a copy of this box set and how much is it ?
God Bless,Allen

Richard Palmer

Feb 7, 2004, 6:37:34 AM2/7/04
On 7 Feb 2004 03:19:20 -0800, all...@wiredog.com (Allen) wrote:

>Hi ELVIS Friends,
> Where can I get a copy of this box set and how much is it ?
> God Bless,Allen

It's a bootleg, and if it's the one I'm thinking of it was always very
expensive. Your best bet is hoping some kind soul will make you a
copy.

Richard

Richard Palmer

Feb 7, 2004, 6:44:18 AM2/7/04
On 7 Feb 2004 03:19:20 -0800, all...@wiredog.com (Allen) wrote:

>Hi ELVIS Friends,
> Where can I get a copy of this box set and how much is it ?
> God Bless,Allen

Here's a track list.

################

Vigotone 4 CD set outtakes, studio, live
(VIGO 134-137). 71:45/70:57/69:12/70:49, 4 CDR. Quality varies

CD 1:
1. My Two Timin' Woman (Buddy at 13)
2. I'll Just Pretend
3. Take These Shackles From My Heart
4. Footprints In The Snow
5. Gotta Get You Near Me Blues
6. You And I Are Through
7. Memories
8. Baby Let's Play House
9. Down The Line
10. Baby Won't You Come Out Tonight
11. I Guess I Was Just A Fool
12. Don't Come Back Knockin'
13. Love Me
14. Love Me (Take 19)
15. Don't Come Back Knockin'
16. Because I Love You
17. It's Not My Fault
18. Rock-A-Bye Rock
19. Rock Around With Ollie Vee (False Start & Take 8)
20. I'm Changin' All Those Changes
21. That'll Be The Day
22. Girl On My Mind
23. Ting-A-Ling
24. Rock Around With Ollie Vee (Take 12)
25. You Are My One Desire (false start & take 3)
26. Gone (take 1)
27. Gone (take 2)
28. Have You Ever Been Lonely (take 1)
29. Have You Ever Been Lonely (take 2)
30. Have You Ever Been Lonely (take 3)
31. Brown Eyed Handsome Man
32. Good Rockin' Tonight
33. Rip It Up
34. Blue Monday
35. Honky Tonk

CD 2:
1. Blue Suede Shoes
2. Shake, Rattle And Roll
3. Bo Didley 4. I Ain't Got No Home
5. Holly Hop
6. Bo DIddley
7. Last Night
8. Maybe Baby
9. Words Of Love
10. Not Fade Away (Take 1)
11. Peggy Sue (Take 1)
12. Jingle for Bob Theile
13. Jingle for Murray Deutch
14. Oh Boy (without backing vocals)
15. Send Me Some Loving
16. It's Too Late
17. Mona (rehearsal)
18. Mona (take 1)
19. Mona (take 2)
20. Mona (false start & take 3)
21. That's My Desire (take 1)
22. That's My Desire (take 2)
23. That's My Desire (take 3)
24. Take Your Time (take 1)
25. Take Your Time (take 2)
26. Take Your Time (take 3)
27. Fool's Paradise (take 1)
28. Fool's Paradise (take 2)
29. Fool's Paradise (take 3)
30. Think It Over (take 1)
31. Think It Over (take 2)
32. Think It Over (take 3)
33. Think It Over (take 4)
34. Think It Over (take 5)
35. Lonesome Tears
36. Now We're One
37. Love's Made A Fool Of You
38. Jingle for radio station KLLL
39. Jingle for radio station KLLL
40. Promo for radio station WACK
41. Promo for radio station KSYD

CD 3:
1. Raining In My Heart
2. Moondreams
3. That's What They Say
4. What To Do
5. Peggy Sue Got married
6. That Makes It Tough
7. Crying, Waiting, Hoping
8. Learning The Game
9. You're The One
10. Wait 'Til The Sun Shines Nellie
11. Slippin' And Slidin' (take 1) (slow version)
12. Slippin' And Slidin' (take 2) (slow version)
13. Slippin' And Slidin' (fast version)
14. Drown In My Own Tears (fragment)
Maria Elena
15. Dearest (take 1)
16. Love Is Strange
17. Smokey Joe's Cafe
18. Leave My Woman Alone (instrumental)
19. Newscast About Plane Crash (2/3/59, KGLO Mason City, Iowa)
20. Newscast About Plane Crash (2/3/59, WNOB New Orleans, LA)
21. Newscast About Plane Crash (2/3/59, KLLL Lubbock, TX)
Buddy Holly Interviews
22. Interview with Red Robinson
23. Interview With Dale Lowery
24. Interview With Pat Barton
25. Interview With Alan Freed
26. Interview With Dick Clark
Buddy Holly and the Crickets, Ed Sullivan Show
27. That'll Be The Day
28. Peggy Sue
29. Interview With Ed Sullivan
30. Oh Boy
31. That'll Be The Day
32. Peggy Sue
33. Oh Boy
34. Norman Petty Defends Himself (1964)
35. A Message To The Dutch Buddy Holly Fan Club From Ella And Lawrence
Holley

CD 4:
Sittin' In Sessions
Sonny Curtis
1. Because You Love Me
2. I'll Miss My Heart
Gary Dale
3. Go Boy Go
4. The Golden Rocket
5. Gone
6. I Overlooked An Orchid
Jim Robinson
7. Whole Lotta Lovin' (take 1)
8. Whole Lotta Lovin' (take 2)
9. Whole Lotta Lovin' (take 2)
10. It's A Wonderful Feeling
Jack Huddle
11. Starlight
12. Believe Me
Fred Crawford
13. By The Mission Wall
Gary Dale
14. Look To The Future
15. Honey Honey
Charlie Phillips
16. Sugartime
17. Moondreams
Rick Turner
18. Don't Do Me This Way
19. Don't Do Me This Way
20. Patty Baby
Ivan - a.k.a. Jerry Allison 2/19/58
21. Real Wild Child
22. Real WIld Child
23. Oh You Beautiful Doll (Take 1)
24. Oh You Beautiful Doll (Take 2)
25. Oh You Beautiful Doll
Waylon Jennings 9/10/58
26. Jole Blon
27. When Sin Stops (Instrumental only)
28. When Sin Stops (without overdubbed vocals)
The Nighthawks 1958
29. When Sin Stops
Lou Giordano 9/30/58
30. Stay Close To Me (false start and take 4)
31. Don't Cha Know
Sonny West 1957
32. Oh Boy (version Buddy based his song on)

############

The bootleg label Vigotone has been busted incidentally. I doubt you'd
find the set anywhere now.

Richard

Bill

Feb 7, 2004, 10:29:23 AM2/7/04

Very good sound considering the time. Not sure if it's from radio, but
listening to it now, it's as good if not better than most live
recordings. Three songs: That'll Be The Day, Peggy Sue and Oh Boy.

Bill

Allen

Feb 7, 2004, 11:49:51 AM2/7/04
Thanks Richard,
The track listing sounds great.
I have a few bootleg LP's & cassettes but would want this just want pay an arm
& a leg.
TCB,Allen

Richard Palmer

Feb 7, 2004, 12:53:27 PM2/7/04
On 7 Feb 2004 08:49:51 -0800, all...@wiredog.com (Allen) wrote:

>Thanks Richard,
> The track listing sounds great.
> I have a few bootleg LP's & cassettes but would want this just want pay an arm
>& a leg.
> TCB,Allen

Here's the track list of the 7 CD box set:

#############

Disc 1

1 Buddy's Guitar
2 Wait Till The Sun Shines Nellie
3 Learning The Game
4 Crying, Waiting, Hoping
5 Love Is Strange
6 Dearest
7 That's What They Say
8 What To Do
9 That makes It Tough
10 Slippin' And Slidin' (take 1)
11 Smokey Joe's Cafe
12 Slippin' And Slidin' (take 2)
13 Slippin' And Slidin' (take 3)
14 Peggy Sue Got Married
15 Maria Elena
16 Dearest
17 I'm Gonna Love You Too
18 Listen To Me
19 Go Boy Go
20 The Golden Rocket
21 Gone
22 I Overlooked An Orchid
23 Sugartime
24 Oh You Beautiful Doll
25 Real Wild Child
26 Don't Treat Me This Way
27 Don't Cha Know
28 Stay Close To Me

Disc 2

1 My Two Timin' Woman
2 I'll Just Pretend
3 Take These Shackles From My Heart
4 Footprints In The Snow
5 Gotta Get You Near Me Blues
6 You And I Are Through
7 Memories
8 Baby Let's Play House
9 Down The Line
10 Baby Won't You Come Out Tonight
11 I Guess I Was Just A Fool
12 Don't Come Back Knockin'
13 Love Me
14 Love Me (Take 10)
15 Don't Come Back Knockin'
16 Because I Love You
17 It's Not My Fault
18 Rock-A-Bye Rock
19 Rock Around With Ollie Vee (False Start and Take 8)
20 I'm Changin' All Those Changes (Take 4)
21 That'll Be The Day (Take 19)
22 Girl On My Mind (Take 3)
23 Ting-A-Ling (Take 7)
24 Rock Around With Ollie Vee (Take 12)
25 You are My One Desire (False Start and Take 3)
26 Gone (Take 1)
27 Gone (Take 2)
28 Have You Ever Been Lonely (Take 1)
29 Have You Ever Been Lonely (Take 2)
30 Have You Ever Been Lonely (Take 3)
31 Brown-Eyed Handsome Man
32 Good Rockin' Tonight
33 Rip It Up
34 Blue Monday
35 Honky Tonk

Disc 3

1 Love me
2 Rock Around With Ollie Vee
3 Changing All Those Changes
4 That'll Be The Day
5 Girl On My Mind
6 Don't Come Back Knockin'
7 Ting-A-Ling
8 Rock Around With Ollie Vee (2)
9 Modern Don Juan
10 You Are My One Desire
11 Midnight Shift
12 Blue Days, Black Nights
13 That'll Be The Day
14 That'll Be The Day
15 Mona
16 Last Night
17 Not Fade Away
18 Come Back Baby
19 Reminiscing
20 Love Made A Fool Of You
21 True Love Ways
22 Moondeams
23 Raining In My Heart
24 It Doesn't Matter Any More

Disc 4

1 Take Your Time (take 1)
2 Take Your Time (take 2)
3 Take Your Time (take 3)
4 Oh Boy
5 Peggy Sue
6 Think It Over (Take 1)
7 Think It Over (Take 2)
8 Think It Over (Take 3)
9 Fool's Paradise (Take 1)
10 Fool's Paradise (Take 2)
11 Bo Diddley
12 Brown-Eyed Handsome man
13 Lonesome tears
14 Rock-A-Bye Rock
15 Maybe Baby
16 Baby Won't You Come Out Tonight
17 Starlight
18 Believe Me
19 A Whole Lot Of Lovin
20 A Whole Lot Of Lovin (Take 2)
21 When Sin Stops
22 When Sin Stops (Alt)
23 When Sin Stops (Alt)
24 Jole Blon
25 Real Wild Child
26 Oh You Beautiful Doll
27 Moondreams
28 Honey Honey
29 Look To The Future
30 Stay Close To Me
31 By The Mission Wall
32 Don't Cha Know

Disc 5

1 That'll Be The Day (Take 1) With The Three Tunes
2 That'll Be The Day (Take 2) With The Crickets
3 That'll Be The Day (Take 3) Live With The Crickets
4 That'll Be The Day (Take 4) Live With The Crickets
5 That'll Be The Day (Take 5) Norman Petty Jingle
6 That'll Be The Day (Take 6) Norman Petty Jingle
7 Blue days Black Nights (Take 1) With The Three Tunes
8 Blue days Black Nights (Take 2) With The Crickets
9 I'm Changing All Those Changes (Take 1) With The Three Tunes
10 I'm Changing All Those Changes (Take 2) Dubbed Version
11 Maybe Baby (Take 1) Rare Version
12 Maybe Baby (Take 2) With The Crickets
13 Maybe Baby (Take 3) With The Crickets
14 Maybe Baby (Take 4) Rare Master With The Crickets
15 Rock Around With Ollie Vee (Take 1) With The Three Tunes
16 Rock Around With Ollie Vee (Take 2) Alt. With The Three Tunes
17 Rock Around With Ollie Vee (Take 3) With The Picks
18 You are My One Desire (Take 1) With The Three Tunes
19 You are My One Desire (Take 2) With The Picks
20 Modern Don Juan (Take 1) With The Three Tunes
21 Modern Don Juan (Take 2) With The Picks
22 Oh Boy (Take 1) With The Crickets
23 Oh Boy (Take 2) Live With The Crickets
24 Ting-A-Ling (Take 1) With The Picks
25 Love Me (Take 1) With The Picks
26 Don't Come Back Knockin (Take 1) With The Picks
27 Love Me (Take 1) With The Picks
28 Girl On My Mind (Take 1) With The Picks
29 Peggy Sue Got Married (Take 1)
Instrumental backing dubbed by the Fireballs
30 It Doesn't Matter Any More (Take 1) Stereo
31 True Love Ways (Take 1) Stereo
32 Raining In My Heart (Take 1) Stereo
33 Love Is Strange (Take 1) Stereo
34 Learning The Game (Take 1) Dubbed Stereo
35 Because I Love You (Take 1) Dubbed Stereo

Disc 6

1 Blue Sued Shoes
2 Shake, Rattle And Roll
3 Bo Diddley
4 Ain't Got No Home
5 Holly Hop
6 Last Night
7 Maby Baby
8 Words Of Love
9 Jingle For Bob Theile
10 Jingle For Murray Deutch
11 Send me Some Loving
12 It's Too Late
13 Mona (Rehearsal)
14 Mona (Take 1)
15 Mona (Take 2)
16 Mona (False start and Take 3)
17 That's My Desire (Take 1)
18 That's My Desire (Take 2)
19 That's My Desire (Take 3)
20 Fool's Paradise (Take 3)
21 Think It Over (Take 3)
22 Think It Over (Take 4)
23 Think It Over (Take 5)
24 Now We're One
25 Jingle For The Radio Station KLLL
26 Jingle For The Radio Station KLLL
27 Promo For The Radio Station WACK
28 Promo For The Radio Station KSYD
29 Baby It's Love
30 Flowers Of My Heart
31 Memories
32 Soft Place In My Heart
33 Queen Of The Ballroom
34 I Gambled My Heart
35 Door To My Heart
36 Brown-Eyed Handsome Man

Disc 7

1 Dearest
2 Love Is Strange
3 Smokey Joe's Cafe
4 Leave My Woman Alone
5 Newscast About Plane Crash
6 Newscast About Plane Crash
7 Newscast About Plane Crash
8 Interview With Red Robinson
9 Interview With Dale Lowery
10 Interview With Pat Barton
11 Interview With Alan Freed
12 Interview With Dick Clark
13 That'll Be The Day
14 Peggy Sue
15 Interview With Ed Sullivan
16 Oh Boy!
17 That'll Be The Day
18 Peggy Sue
19 Oh Boy!
20 Because I Love You
21 I'll Miss My Heart
22 Whole Lotta Lovin' (Take 2) Overdubbed Backing
23 It's A Wonderful Feeling
24 Don't Do Me This Way
25 Patty Baby
26 Real Wild Child
27 Real Wild Child (Alternative Take)
28 Oh You Beautiful Doll (Take 1)
29 Oh You Beautiful Doll (Take 2)
30 Oh You Beautiful Doll
31 Stay Close To Me (False Start and Take 4)
32 Don't Cha Know
33 Don't Come Back Knockin
34 I Wanna Play House With You
35 Love Me
36 Down The Line
37 Gotta Get You Near Me Blues
38 You And I Are Through

########################

As you might notice there is potentially a lot of the same stuff as on
the 4 CD set. But you can't tell for sure because there's no sleeve
notes, dates, nothing. And I think there's some duplication of tracks
among the 7 discs. It's really crappy that way, and yet the music is
excellent.

It's called "The Buddy Holly Showcase" and it's on the Tex Mex label.
It's easier to find than the Vigotone set. I think it's been re-issued
under a different name too, but on the same label.

Richard

suave harv

Feb 7, 2004, 1:31:37 PM2/7/04

> I have a few bootleg LP's & cassettes but would want this just want pay
an arm
> & a leg.

I've read it four times now. . anyone else got a clue?

Broadway

Feb 7, 2004, 2:28:51 PM2/7/04

You understand crop circles, yet you come away from Allenspeak four times zip?
Suave, Suave, Suave...allow me to interpret.

'I have a few bootleg LP's and cassettes, but I'd really like this. Just don't
want to pay an arm and a leg...and Broadway is a sensational guy and Aladdin
send me more pink shots'.

I'm just guessing here, but I think when AD saw that song line-up, he busted a
nut, as they say.

Allen

Feb 7, 2004, 6:21:48 PM2/7/04
Who is Broadwaychris ?
TCB,Allen

ALADDIN137

Feb 7, 2004, 10:35:34 PM2/7/04
>Subject: Re: Buddy
>From: broadwa...@aol.comisGroovy (Broadway)
>Date: 2/7/2004 11:28 AM Pacific Standard Time

>Broadway is a sensational guy and Aladdin
>send me more pink shots'.

>Subject: Re: Buddy
>From: broadwa...@aol.comisGroovy (Broadway)
>Date: 2/7/2004 11:28 AM Pacific Standard Time

>Broadway is a sensational guy and Aladdin
>send me more pink shots'.

Excuse me for a moment here.
You have made a reference to my Screen Name and I would like you to clarify for
me what exactly you mean by "Pink Shots" ?
I believe I sent Allen a photo of my 17 yr. old kitty, whose name was The Pink
Panther, yet somehow I doubt you would know anything about that, nor care.
I would appreciate it, if you would leave me out of your stale jokes.
~Aladdin

Broadway

Feb 7, 2004, 10:54:27 PM2/7/04
>Excuse me for a moment here.
>You have made a reference to my Screen Name and I would like you to clarify
>for
>me what exactly you mean by "Pink Shots" ?
>I believe I sent Allen a photo of my 17 yr. old kitty, whose name was The
>Pink
>Panther, yet somehow I doubt you would know anything about that, nor care.
>I would appreciate it, if you would leave me out of your stale jokes.
>~Aladdin

Lighten up, Kookarina...

Devildog

Feb 7, 2004, 11:05:16 PM2/7/04
>Subject: Re: Buddy
>From: aladd...@aol.com (ALADDIN137)

>Excuse me for a moment here.
>You have made a reference to my Screen Name and I would like you to clarify
>for
>me what exactly you mean by "Pink Shots" ?
>I believe I sent Allen a photo of my 17 yr. old kitty, whose name was The
>Pink
>Panther, yet somehow I doubt you would know anything about that, nor care.
>I would appreciate it, if you would leave me out of your stale jokes.
>~Aladdin

OMG! You sent Allen pics of your kitty? Did he faint?

"Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand."

ALADDIN137

Feb 7, 2004, 11:27:11 PM2/7/04
>Subject: Re: Buddy
>From: devild...@aol.comsuckthis (Devildog)
>Date: 2/7/2004 8:05 PM Pacific Standard Time

>OMG! You sent Allen pics of your kitty? Did he faint?

You too?
I was being friendly.
I know it does not matter if the cat is alive or long deceased. If he was from
the BBQ pits of Beale St. or a Hollywood Star.
He was the Grandson of the most famous and prized Red Persian and Red Cameo in
the US . He was a real cutie pie, and I have sent his photo to other people.
It is his meows...on my answering machine. I am sometimes asked, which Cat (or
Parrot) sounds as though he is repeating everything I say......again, I am
more than aware that in the scheme of things, this is a pointless conversation.
The things that are sweet in life, are the things that allow one to "Lighten
Up"
If one is allowed to share these things without being called a "Kook"
~Aladdin

Broadway

Feb 7, 2004, 11:41:30 PM2/7/04

>You too?
>I was being friendly.
>I know it does not matter if the cat is alive or long deceased. If he was
>from
>the BBQ pits of Beale St. or a Hollywood Star.
>He was the Grandson of the most famous and prized Red Persian and Red Cameo
>in
>the US . He was a real cutie pie, and I have sent his photo to other people.
>It is his meows...on my answering machine. I am sometimes asked, which Cat
>(or
>Parrot) sounds as though he is repeating everything I say......again, I am
>more than aware that in the scheme of things, this is a pointless
>conversation.
>The things that are sweet in life, are the things that allow one to "Lighten
>Up"
>If one is allowed to share these things without being called a "Kook"
>~Aladdin

The cat is crying out for help.
I'm sure if I could translate, the cat would be saying, 'get me the fk outta
here!'

Hadji Derabertis

Feb 8, 2004, 12:45:18 AM2/8/04
Who is Broadwaychris??? You might as well ask.....who is Elvis Presley??
Jason~~

ALADDIN137

Feb 8, 2004, 1:13:29 AM2/8/04
>Subject: Re: Buddy
>From: broadwa...@aol.comisGroovy (Broadway)
>Date: 2/7/2004 8:41 PM Pacific Standard Time

>The cat is crying out for help.
>I'm sure if I could translate, the cat would be saying, 'get me the fk outta
>here!'

I was speaking to DD..but you must feel like playing "Ping-Pong"
I have the paddles, do you have the balls?
< wicked grin> I'm trying to "Lighten Up" remember?
~Aladdin

Allen

Feb 8, 2004, 4:57:44 AM2/8/04
Who is this Broadwaychris and why is he so nasty ?
TCB,Allen

Allen

Feb 8, 2004, 5:00:50 AM2/8/04
Bill I have this on vinyl and to me it sounds like studio recordings
that someone has put crowds yelling on it not really a live recording.
TCB,Allen

boo...@webtv.net

Feb 8, 2004, 12:18:24 PM2/8/04
...& close friend. Waylon never fully got over the death of Buddy.
Elvis recorded the Waylon song "You asked me to" on the "Promised Land"
album... J.L.

Bill

Feb 8, 2004, 12:56:56 PM2/8/04

Allen wrote:

> Bill I have this on vinyl and to me it sounds like studio recordings
> that someone has put crowds yelling on it not really a live recording.
> TCB,Allen

Don't know Allen, without hearing what you have on vinyl, I don't even
know if we are listening to the same thing. Sounds pretty live to me.

Bill

Richard Palmer

Feb 8, 2004, 1:17:40 PM2/8/04
On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 12:56:56 -0500, Bill <batc...@attglobal.net>
wrote:

There definitely are three live recordings in existence like the ones
you described:

########
2 March 1958 The London Palladium, Argyle Street, London W1, England

Buddy Holly, vocal, lead guitar; Joe B. Mauldin, string bass; Jerry
Allison, drums

That'll Be the Day (Buddy Holly-Jerry Allison-Norman Petty) - 2:14
Peggy Sue (Buddy Holly-Jerry Allison-Norman Petty) - 1:57
Oh Boy! (Sonny West-Bill Tilghman-Norman Petty) - 2:06

Broadcast live by Associated TeleVision and sound recording off-air
preserved by Jack and Vic Chinn.
#############

Richard

Allen

Feb 8, 2004, 9:43:55 PM2/8/04
The only really live I have and not from TV shows is a tribue done in
I think it's England by Sunny & the Crickets. The one you talk about
is one I have and maybe it is live but sounds too fake maybe cause
there is no talking ?
TCB,Allen

Richard Palmer

Feb 9, 2004, 4:02:34 AM2/9/04
On 8 Feb 2004 18:43:55 -0800, all...@wiredog.com (Allen) wrote:

>The only really live I have and not from TV shows is a tribue done in
>I think it's England by Sunny & the Crickets. The one you talk about
>is one I have and maybe it is live but sounds too fake maybe cause
>there is no talking ?
> TCB,Allen

It might be on the 7 CD set that I have, but in any case because it
comes from UK television there's a good chance that the applause is a
bit subdued. It comes from the Palladium too, which was/is a bit of a
posh theatre, so it's unlikely that the crowd would have been
teenagers. They'd have been mainly middle aged people who had gone
there to see somebody like Tommy Trinder or Arthur Askey, or whichever
comedian was on at the time.

Richard

Allen

Feb 9, 2004, 1:39:37 PM2/9/04
Richard this might be the case I don't know ? I'll have too look up my Holly vinyl.
TCB,Allen