Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

Southern California University for Professional Studies

閲覧: 2 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Patricia A. Hall

未読、
1996/12/25 3:00:001996/12/25

If anyone has any information concerning Southern California University
for Professional Studies Please post it here. I am particularly
interested in their DL MBA degree program specializing in Applied
Computer Science.

Their brochure mentions that it's degree granting authority comes from
the Council for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education in the
state of California. Would somebody explain how this compares with
regional and/or national accreditation? Is it just as valid? Are there
advantages or disadvantages? Is the school considered a "degree mill"?

Any information is appreciated.

John B. Bear

未読、
1997/01/02 3:00:001997/01/02
To: Patricia A. Hall

Dr. Wetsch is exactly right regarding accreditation and state approval.

Further, the accreditation claimed by SCUPS is not from a recognized
accrediting agency, thus would be unlikely to meet any school or
business's standards requiring an accredited degree.

My main annoyance with SCUPS is that a few years ago, I learned they
were distributing what looked like a reprint of the write-up on them in
my book -- but they had changed it, to have me say more favorable things
about them than I did. And, for good measure, they also distributed what
looked like reprints from my book on some of their competition, which
they had changed to make less favorable than what I really said. They
stopped when they received an order to, but never apologized or
explained.

Finally, Spy Magazine in February 1995 did a major article based on a
'sting' operation in which they attempted to buy degrees from various
schools. SCUPS did not fare well. According to the article (which has
never been retracted) their price was $10,000.

John Bear

* John B. Bear, Ph.D. Author, Bears’ Guide to Earning *
* Degrees Nontraditionally (12th ed). North American *
* distributor for distance learning MBA of Heriot-Watt *
* University and MS in Training of Leicester University.*
* (510) 528-3984. Fax (510) 528-3555. 6921 Stockton Ave.*
* El Cerrito, CA 94530 USA. Email john...@degree.net
*

新着メール 0 件