Remote code for Sceptre TV?

Joe J.

Mar 17, 2009, 1:39:50 PM3/17/09
We just purchased a new Sceptre TV, does anyone have the remote codes to use
with DirecTV? It is a 46' LCD.
TIA

Raymond Feist

Mar 17, 2009, 2:03:57 PM3/17/09
In article <HfRvl.20706$YU2....@nlpi066.nbdc.sbc.com>,
"Joe J." <joe...@prodigy.net> wrote:

Supposedly it's the Sony codes. Try 0000 first, and if that doesn't
work, try 0080. If that doesn't do it, I have no idea. Also, I've been
told for some odd reason if everything gets kludged, shut everything off
for 30 minutes, take the batteries out of the remote, that should reset
everything.

Best, R.E.F.

--
Never attribute to malice what can
satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity.

Dr. Personality

Mar 18, 2009, 2:10:35 AM3/18/09
In article <HfRvl.20706$YU2....@nlpi066.nbdc.sbc.com>, Joe J.
<joe...@prodigy.net> wrote:

The DirecTV web site says 11217.

Codes can be found here (link will probably wrap):

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=P4380052#
h:620.647

Joe J.

Mar 18, 2009, 10:38:01 AM3/18/09

"Dr. Personality" <aff...@no.com.invalid> wrote in message

Thank you!
I did a Google and some people had success with Sony codes, but that didn't
work. I checked DIRECTV site but must have missed this area, so I called
them to see if they had a code. No surprise, the answer was no.

Thanks again.

Edmund B.

Mar 18, 2009, 8:48:07 PM3/18/09
If you have the rc64 remote, try codes 10878, 11217, 11360, and 11599.

Message has been deleted

cory....@gmail.com

May 4, 2014, 10:52:01 AM5/4/14
I just found a code that worked for my 40 inch SCEPTRE..... it was 10000 I hope this helps

cory....@gmail.com

May 4, 2014, 10:52:50 AM5/4/14
On Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:39:50 PM UTC-5, Joe J. wrote:
i tried all of the others ones and 10000 was the only one that seemed to work.
Message has been deleted

joryth...@gmail.com

May 24, 2014, 1:19:32 AM5/24/14
Just bought a Sceptre 40 in. This code worked for me and blinked twice after entering it in on the remote. I left it on DTV and both channels and volumes work on the DTV remote.

wilm...@moorefamily.ws

Jul 26, 2014, 5:52:24 PM7/26/14
> I just found a code that worked for my 40 inch SCEPTRE..... it was 10000 I hope this helps

The 10000 code worked for me as well. I have a 50" SCEPTRE (X505BV-FMDR) and my remote is RC23.

rho...@yahoo.com

Aug 18, 2014, 12:19:31 PM8/18/14
8-18-14 50' scepter 505 direct tv said there were no codes. tried the 10000 with a rc65rx remote and it works fine

larryd...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2014, 10:29:58 AM12/30/14
On Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:39:50 PM UTC-5, Joe J. wrote:
I have tried them all, could I have a bad Comcast remote? The light goes on TV at the top and does not control the volume?

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 31, 2014, 12:32:07 AM12/31/14
On Tue, 30 Dec 2014 07:29:58 -0800 (PST), larryd...@gmail.com
wrote:
My guess is they are using some odd ball code. Many Yamaha receivers
have the same problems.

des87...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2015, 12:46:29 AM2/25/15
Thank u

tahum...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2015, 12:11:59 AM4/4/15
10000 worked for me too. Thanks!

sarg...@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2015, 11:19:48 AM10/6/15
I used "10000" it worked the first time. None of the codes in the remote would work..

Thanks for the info............

davidc...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2016, 12:59:28 AM3/6/16
Code 10000 (ten-thousand) worked for my 50" Sceptre HDTV Model: X505BV-FHD paired to my RC66X Directv remote.

The model code for the remote is written in the upper left corner above the TV Input button.

To program the remote, move the slider at the top all the way to the right under the "tv" label. Select and hold the Select and mute buttons at the same time until a light above the input slider blinks twice. Now let go of the buttons and enter the code 10000. The light will blink twice again and you should be able to test if it was successful. I used the volume key to test with because it took me about 6 tries with different codes until I found the one that worked.

If the code doesn't work just press select and mute again until the light blinks twice.. And repeat.

kelly...@gmail.com

May 27, 2016, 12:40:10 AM5/27/16

irismo...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2016, 9:16:16 PM6/26/16
Thanks

irish1...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2016, 7:19:58 PM6/30/16
It worked. Thank you so much. I've been trying every other code. Thank you again

will...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2016, 5:48:47 PM7/22/16
Thanks it did work

jeffrey...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2016, 5:20:03 PM11/15/16
10000 worked for my 50"

packof...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2017, 3:43:36 PM1/16/17
I just used the 10000 code and it worked. The codes that came up from DIRECTV didn't work.

debdo...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2017, 3:36:12 AM6/4/17
On Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 1:39:50 PM UTC-4, Joe J. wrote:
10,000 WORKS for my 50 inch ,none of the direct tv remote codes worked ,THANK YOU!!!

Ed Pawlowski

Jun 4, 2017, 9:42:39 AM6/4/17
And it only took 9 years of trying codes to get to 10000.

tlp10...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2017, 3:48:05 AM6/23/17
On 6-22-17@12:34 a.m 10,ooo worked for my volume also. Tks to all who contributed

tlp10...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2017, 3:49:30 AM6/23/17
10,000 worked for me also .Tks. to all

my78...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2017, 4:24:07 PM7/17/17
I think 10000 is the one because it worked for me too. Lol thanks everybody. ...

jennyand...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2017, 10:06:54 PM8/12/17
You press tv and mute button wait for two flashing lights I put all the codes it still won't work

gramma...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2017, 5:16:50 PM9/23/17
On Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 11:39:50 AM UTC-6, Joe J. wrote:
> We just purchased a new Sceptre TV, does anyone have the remote codes to use
> with DirecTV? It is a 46' LCD.
> TIA

I have a 40" sceptre tv and just got a new remote from directv. I tried all the codes and none worked so came here and saw that several ppl used code 10000 which was not one of the ones I was given. The 10000 worked. Thank you to all that mentioned it. I had spent two hours trying the codes given on the tv over and over.

jtate...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2017, 10:17:37 PM10/31/17
will this code work for the new remotes? rc71

kirkpatr...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2017, 7:41:22 PM12/15/17
Got new remote from Direct tv and could not program for my 85 year old mother-in-law. After calls to Direct tv tech line entered all codes they gave me which did not work. They told me would have to use the tv control for volume. So glad I found this site for info. Direct tv useless.

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 16, 2017, 11:13:27 AM12/16/17
On 12/15/2017 7:41 PM, kirkpatr...@gmail.com wrote:
> Got new remote from Direct tv and could not program for my 85 year old mother-in-law.

Good for you. No remote would let me control my mother-in-law. I never
found the "off" button.

clhe...@gmail.com

Dec 24, 2017, 4:22:23 PM12/24/17
10000 worked for my new 55 inch!! Thanks

mrgood...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2018, 1:55:10 AM1/17/18
Hey just wanted to say thanks. The 10000 code worked on my 40 inch sceptre. Thanks for the help.

weba...@newfield.net

Feb 7, 2018, 6:10:40 PM2/7/18
My m-i-l died in 2008 and she requires no control any more

becky...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2018, 1:09:45 PM4/19/18
Thank you cory

jlamo...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2018, 5:27:02 PM7/9/18
That worked for my 43" also. Thank you !!

charl...@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2018, 4:08:52 PM10/6/18
On Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 10:39:50 AM UTC-7, Joe J. wrote:
> We just purchased a new Sceptre TV, does anyone have the remote codes to use
> with DirecTV? It is a 46' LCD.
> TIA

10,000 works great. I have to use the PWR button to turn it off instead of the familiar ON/Off button.

r.ska...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2018, 10:25:49 PM12/18/18
I used 10000 which kinda workef. I can now change volume but still have use my TV remote to turn tv on and off.

2edilm...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2019, 9:40:42 PM2/28/19
The code is 10810 Sony

dlgo...@gmail.com

May 22, 2019, 3:11:53 AM5/22/19
On Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 12:39:50 PM UTC-5, Joe J. wrote:
> We just purchased a new Sceptre TV, does anyone have the remote codes to use
> with DirecTV? It is a 46' LCD.
> TIA

The 10000 code works great.

beta...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2019, 6:30:49 AM6/24/19
I have a 50 inch sceptre tv, the sony code 450 works fine.

rixi...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2019, 5:47:39 PM11/29/19
Thanks work this code

brenmar...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2020, 2:03:43 AM2/13/20
How to hook up a Verizon remote to a sceptre tv