Cannot program Onkyo Receiver with Direct TV remote -- Help !!

one@bellsouth.com James

Dec 20, 2009, 10:49:45 AM12/20/09
I have a Direct TV system, and an Onkyo Receiver. I run the audio through
my stereo system.

I am trying to program my Direct TV remote, so that I can adjust the tv
volume, by adjusting the volume on the Onkyo receiver.

I go through all the steps..... selecting AV1 and using the AV1 Mode while
programming. I enter the code for my Onkyo receiver, and then I press the
Power button to see if the receiver reacts. The receiver DOES react by
shutting off. At this point, my understanding is that I have programmed my
Direct TV remote to also control my Onkyo Receiver.

Unfortunately, even after the Onkyo stereo shuts off, my Direct Tv remote
still does not control the Onkyo unit.

Can anyone help me with this please ??

I thank anyone that can help me on this.

James

Seth

Dec 20, 2009, 11:24:09 AM12/20/09
"James" <no o...@bellsouth.com> wrote in message

Are there other codes for Onkyo to try?

one@bellsouth.com James

Dec 20, 2009, 3:01:24 PM12/20/09
Yes, there are two Onkyo codes.......... I have tried them both...

James

Seth

Dec 20, 2009, 9:58:11 PM12/20/09

> Yes, there are two Onkyo codes.......... I have tried them both...

Then it may not work and if you want a single remote solution you'll have to
go 3rd party.

Edmund B.

Dec 21, 2009, 2:44:22 PM12/21/09
First of all with onkyos use of two-key power scheme, one key for ON,
and another for Standby, add to this the lone power key on the directv
remote, one of commands will always by missing. Code 30135 should turn
it ON, where code 30842 turns it OFF.

as for the volume, the volume keys NEVER work initially with ANY audio
code, reason is the volume keys won't work at all without a tv code
programmed to the TV device. Once there is a tv code its volume is now
in the way, but that can be remedied:

so with tv code in, and onkyo code 30135 programmed to either AV1 or
AV2, to get the volume:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

doitq...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2016, 3:29:00 AM1/20/16
I finally got it to work !
Message has been deleted

timvan...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2018, 11:51:33 PM6/7/18
What did you end up doing to get it to work?