Preserving Life's Memories Through Scrapbooking

Earl Kelly

Jun 25, 2009, 6:20:00 AM6/25/09
With today's latest technology, preserving our memories like family
reunions, parties with friends, baby's first step, and special
occasions such as weddings and anniversaries is as convenient as
simply bringing your digital camera. However, with the convenience
comes the habit of just keeping these precious pictures as "files" in
your computer. Now, we seldom have these files developed or make
hardcopies because we can simply look at them through the computer and
send them to family and friends without making extra copies that
require additional costs.
However, "files" are never the same as creating memories that we can
touch, smell, and look at for hours and hours. In order for us to make
our memories timeless, making a scrapbook is definitely a fun and
exciting idea that will preserve your life's best moments. But how do
you make a scrapbook?
- First, choose a sizeable album or simply a blank scrapbook that you
think is suitable to your taste. Selecting one is very personal so
take your time to choose your scrapbook. Once you bring your new
scrapbook home, gather all the pictures you want to use in your
scrapbook. But before randomly putting them all in, think of a theme
that you would like to have.
- Do you want a scrapbook that will contain your child's picture over
the years? Or is it for your family? Some people like to start at the
beginning. For example, the first picture on the album will start with
a baby picture of your child, or your first date with your spouse-to-
be. Basically, your scrapbook will display your history and how you
and your family developed and grew over the years.
- Add a few designs to make your scrapbook more attractive. If you
want to put titles and texts in your scrapbook, you can either buy
them ready-made or you can cut out letters from old magazines. For
texts such as stories, notes, and poems, you can choose a pretty piece
of stationary and hand write the content or print them so you can come
up with different font designs.
- Last but not the least, you can add little picture designs either
bought or cut out from old magazines, stationeries, etc, to complete
your scrapbook's look.
Once you have completed your scrapbook, you can now preserve and flip
through your life's best moments easily and show them to your friends
and family.
http://groups.google.com/group/scrapbookag/