Lifestyles Unlimited -- The real cost of membership: $1000 up front!

cool...@hotmail.com

Jul 25, 2012, 7:33:16 PM7/25/12
I listened Lifestyles Unlimited's infomercials for years on the radio and then I finally booked their workshop in Austin. There, they basically repeated the same pitch that I had heard on radio. But, I thought $500 for 2-yr membership was not a big deal, so I paid it and "joined" them. I was told to register for a 2-day seminar in San Antonio since that would be the very first and a must do thing before any new "member" can get started with their program. So, about 2 weeks later, I went to San Antonio to attend that seminar. Toward the end of the first half of the second day of the seminar, they told us, to be full member with assigned mentor and other privileges (can't think of any!), we must pay $10,000 for a year or 2-yr membership! Everyone was mad, but no one said anything. On the second half of that day, only a few people came back to the class. And of the large group, none joined. I suppose I could write the DA or OIG Office to complain. My basic complaint would be they did not tell you the real cost when you paid $500 to join. And the refunds are only available within 3 days, if you cancel the membership--whereas the workshop that will tell you the real cost won't happen at least 2 weeks later. Too late for refunds!! But it's probably better to help other folks from making the same mistake I made to write my review here first...
NT

cool...@hotmail.com

Jul 25, 2012, 7:41:28 PM7/25/12
I listened to their infomercials for years on radio and then I finally booked their workshop in Austin. There, they basically repeated the same pitch that I had heard on radio. But, I thought $500 for 2-yr membership was not a big deal, so I paid it and "joined" them. I was told to register for a 2-day seminar in San Antonio since that would be the very first and a must do thing before any new "member" can get started with their program. So, about 2 weeks later, I went to San Antonio to attend that seminar. Toward the end of the first half of the second day of the seminar, they told us, to be full member with assigned mentor and other privileges (can't think of any!), we must pay $10,000 for a year or 2-yr membership! Everyone was mad, but no one said anything. On the second half of that day, only a few people came back to the class. And of the large group, none joined. I suppose I could write the DA or OIG Office to complain. My basic complaint would be they did not tell you the real cost when you paid $500 to join. And the refunds are only available within 3 days, if you cancel the membership--whereas the workshop that will tell you the real cost won't happen at least 2 weeks later. Too late for refunds!! But it's probably better to help other folks from making the same mistake I made to write my review here first...
NT

jody3c...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2012, 4:07:12 PM7/27/12
Hi Nhan,

Sorry you feel that way but that is far from the truth. The FFP membership does include unlimited Question & Answer with the Local FFP mentors, 36+ live guest speaker events and webinars, 200+ hours of online training, monthly special events, 2-day class every month, and monthly case study networking events. If you are going through a deal you can work one on one our FFP team of mentors that includes myself, Michael, and Chris. Michael lives in Austin and can help you directly in your area. You can reach us any time M-F, 9am-5pm. Call us at 210.787.2235, that's what we are here for.

Kind Regards,

Jody Carrillo
Member Services Director
210.787.2235 ext: 406

jody3c...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2012, 4:07:42 PM7/27/12

cool...@hotmail.com

Jul 28, 2012, 11:14:49 PM7/28/12
So, people... Please know before hand, the $500 that you pay initially, if you decide to join Lifestyles Unlimited is only for the basic level of membership with them. At the 2 day, 16 hour workshop, they will offer you to upgrade it for $10,000 up front.
NT

valsn...@yahoo.com

Aug 1, 2012, 10:36:35 PM8/1/12
I wish y'all be more upfront about the cost, give the folks a prospectus, and offer 60 days money back guarantee...

But you wouldn't make it that way, would you? Since no losers there to pave the way for the winners, so to speak ;-)

ronga...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2012, 9:07:09 PM11/20/12
On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 6:33:16 PM UTC-5, cool...@hotmail.com wrote:
> I listened Lifestyles Unlimited's infomercials for years on the radio and then I finally booked their workshop in Austin. There, they basically repeated the same pitch that I had heard on radio. But, I thought $500 for 2-yr membership was not a big deal, so I paid it and "joined" them. I was told to register for a 2-day seminar in San Antonio since that would be the very first and a must do thing before any new "member" can get started with their program. So, about 2 weeks later, I went to San Antonio to attend that seminar. Toward the end of the first half of the second day of the seminar, they told us, to be full member with assigned mentor and other privileges (can't think of any!), we must pay $10,000 for a year or 2-yr membership! Everyone was mad, but no one said anything. On the second half of that day, only a few people came back to the class. And of the large group, none joined. I suppose I could write the DA or OIG Office to complain. My basic complaint would be they did not tell you the real cost when you paid $500 to join. And the refunds are only available within 3 days, if you cancel the membership--whereas the workshop that will tell you the real cost won't happen at least 2 weeks later. Too late for refunds!! But it's probably better to help other folks from making the same mistake I made to write my review here first...
>
> NT

Thanks for taking time to inform us of that...sorry for your loss....

jeffdav...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2012, 10:37:33 AM12/31/12
I'm surprised to read this? I'm a very happy lifestyles member! They taught everything I needed to know to be successful and held my hand the entire way. Plus the know how to make it fun. Right now I have 9 single family homes and I'm a partner on a nice apartment in Austin. TX. I could not have done this on my own.

free...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2013, 2:21:50 AM3/17/13
I agree. The FFP membership is nothing more than a 2 day Ponzi scheme. The other "events" are comprised of vendors trying to sell you something. Definitely not worth the $500 I paid. Thankfully, that's all I paid.

willsonjack

Mar 27, 2013, 7:17:42 AM3/27/13
Did I miss something? What's the FFP?

--
willsonjack

timti...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2013, 1:14:57 AM3/29/13
Interesting. I spoke to Robert, a member in Houston who acquired 75 houses after 18 months of joining the FFP program. I also met the 2012 Apartment Award winners who have become Multi-millionaires after joining. These people are real. So What gives?! I would much rather pay $ to a LOCAL texas group than pay the guys from 'flip this house' 30,000 for one phone call from a 'guru' in Cali. Lifestyles Unlimited does not guarantee success, you actually have to show up and take action. There should be no excuse, the mentors are in the office everyday! I only have 7 houses so I'm no expert but they have showed me everything I need to know to invest the right way.

normh...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2013, 6:44:44 AM4/10/13
We've owned rental real estate for about 20 years now, but stagnated over the past several years. We had enough passive income to get by, but not enough to really live life well. We let a decent life get in the way of living a great life.

I started listening to the Lifestyles Unlimited "infomercials" during a trip in November 2012. What they said really hit home and motivated my family to get started again. We paid the $500 and joined in order to get the "hand holding" and online training.

I got exactly what was advertised. Yes, there is a multi-family level of membership that costs A LOT more, but I chose not to join at that level. Does this club have multiple income streams? Probably, but they deliver a service that I believe is very valuable to those that can and will take advantage of it.

We live out of state, so we can't take full advantage of all membership benefits, but their enthusiasm and knowledge have rubbed off on us, and we've added 10 rental units and $5,000 per month to our income (after expenses!!) between December 2012 and April 2013. COULD we have done this without paying the membership? Absolutely, but without Lifestyles Unlimited and their abundance philosophy we WOULD NOT have the success we're currently celebrating.

Is owning rental real estate for everyone? I hope not... I still have one vacancy!!

NH
Ohio

LoveRE

Apr 21, 2013, 3:49:35 PM4/21/13
I also own real estate. But then I came across LU and realized I was doing/buying it the WRONG WAY! I joined and paid the 10k in June of 2012. Ouch, that was a lot of money but it has been worth it. I now am a passive investor in 344 apartment units and I'm not looking back. The combo of my other real estate and the apartment units has retired me just like that. My passive income now exceeds my monthly bills so guess what I don't have to do Monday? That's right: go to work. I will continue to work, however, because I want to buy more apartments. Now that I'm retired, my goal is to be able to fly 1st class and not sweat it. For me, not having to work means I have more time to spend with my family, more time to spend on my health, and go back to doing the hobbies I used to do as a kid. Real estate is probably one of the scariest things you can do with your money so I understand the hesitation. Having a team like LU on your side will take much of that fear away. So get educated and get some income producing property.

SHGill

Aug 6, 2013, 4:20:03 PM8/6/13
LoveRE...can you contact me?

free...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2013, 1:35:51 AM8/27/13
Lifestyles Unlimited was recently sued for fraud in Harris County.

jepena...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2013, 1:15:23 PM11/5/13
On Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:35:51 AM UTC-5, free...@gmail.com wrote:
> Lifestyles Unlimited was recently sued for fraud in Harris County.

not true. they actually have a PERFECT record with the BBB. They've created SEVERAL multi-millionaires. Go to a local event and meet the members in person !!!

jepena...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2013, 1:17:34 PM11/5/13

jepena...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2013, 1:17:53 PM11/5/13
On Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:35:51 AM UTC-5, free...@gmail.com wrote:
> Lifestyles Unlimited was recently sued for fraud in Harris County.

http://www.bbb.org/houston/business-reviews/real-estate-investors/lifestyles-unlimited-inc-in-houston-tx-50600/

A++++ RATING WITH THE BBB

shawn...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2013, 7:29:46 PM11/17/13
I just finished with the basic membership and 2 day workshop. Personally I think the workshop alone and the fact that you can work with their vendors who understand the business model is worth the $500.

The workshop was really good. I would do it again.

However I do agree they should be more upfront about all the packages.

If you are wondering I did join the top package of 15k. I know this business model works because I personally know people doing it. Having the hand holding is definitely worth the 15k, as long as you have some money to invest.

wen...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2014, 10:19:35 AM2/5/14

aroundt...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2014, 1:58:52 PM2/11/14

aroundt...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2014, 2:01:11 PM2/11/14
On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 6:33:16 PM UTC-5, cool...@hotmail.com wrote:
> I listened Lifestyles Unlimited's infomercials for years on the radio and then I finally booked their workshop in Austin. There, they basically repeated the same pitch that I had heard on radio. But, I thought $500 for 2-yr membership was not a big deal, so I paid it and "joined" them. I was told to register for a 2-day seminar in San Antonio since that would be the very first and a must do thing before any new "member" can get started with their program. So, about 2 weeks later, I went to San Antonio to attend that seminar. Toward the end of the first half of the second day of the seminar, they told us, to be full member with assigned mentor and other privileges (can't think of any!), we must pay $10,000 for a year or 2-yr membership! Everyone was mad, but no one said anything. On the second half of that day, only a few people came back to the class. And of the large group, none joined. I suppose I could write the DA or OIG Office to complain. My basic complaint would be they did not tell you the real cost when you paid $500 to join. And the refunds are only available within 3 days, if you cancel the membership--whereas the workshop that will tell you the real cost won't happen at least 2 weeks later. Too late for refunds!! But it's probably better to help other folks from making the same mistake I made to write my review here first...
>
> NT

thank you for the review, 10000 dollars is a lot of money, they should clarify that upfront, it's deceitful, I would not want to join an organization like this..thanks again for the warning

Robert

Mar 8, 2014, 10:31:49 AM3/8/14
I live in Austin, TX & have been a member of LU for 2 years. When I first started in real estate I was a member of another group in Dallas. So I've seen a couple of different concepts being taught.

I can say without a doubt that LU is heads above any other real estate investment group out there. They don't train the late night infomercial crap, which is what the first group I joined was like. There are no "Get Rich with Zero Down!" gimmicks with LU. They're the real deal. What they teach is basic common sense that any person could learn on their own in a few hours on the net or reading a good real estate investment book. But they do it in a clear, professional manner and are great source for those who need a little hand-holding. Everything they teach can be easily verified.

If you have a problem paying someone $500 to learn how to become a high-net worth individual in a fairly short period of time, you should stick to your day job. The average American probably spends that much in a month simply by eating out.

There are also plenty of videos on their main page with case studies of people who have done deals. There are some extremely successful ones such as the guy who bought 75 homes in two years, and some regular examples of people who are just doing their first deal. The people are real...I've met many of them. Steve Davis is a great guy and never hesitates to answer questions, no matter how ridiculous.

If you live out of state and are looking for a good source, LU is it. If you're in Texas, its worth a drive just to check out a meeting.

I do not work with LU nor am I affiliated with them in any capacity other than a basic membership. I still attend meetings sometimes just to network and shop for deals.

Best of luck

alamoc...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2014, 10:37:28 AM3/8/14

alamoc...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2014, 10:37:53 AM3/8/14

lover...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2014, 11:08:38 AM3/8/14
First of all, I don't live in Texas. I learned about LU through the web after listening to hours and hours of the podcast. That alone led me to sign up for the PIG membership. I spent the next 4-5 months watching the over 200 hours of online videos. But I wasn't going anywhere with my investments until I took a week trip to Houston. During that time I attended the 2 day seminar taught by Del Walmsley (awesome), went to a MF road trip (only PIGs are allowed) and went to a case study in San Antonio. A month later I went to Dallas for another Multifamily road trip and met with some of the lenders that work with LU. The most valuable experience for me has been attending the MF road trips. They are usually attended by members interested in being passive investors and by members who are lead investors and may be looking for passive investors to get involved in the "next" deal. I had 300k sitting in a CD so in very little time I jumped into 3 deals and started networking with other lead investors as well. In my opinion, as long as you have money to invest, you will find more than enough deals. I'm speaking about MF here. I think single family investing is more challenging (finding deals that is). If you have the money (100k or more) don't bother with SFH and go straight to MF. It is way easier! You do have to do your due diligence on your lead investor and make sure you're familiar with the operating agreement which is a document explaining how the deal is structured.Hope this was enough detail for you. Good luck!

brando...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2014, 11:31:01 AM3/8/14

How beneficial the group is, depends on how much YOU utilize the information and assistance they offer. I've seen many people join at the $500 FFP level who did absolutely NOTHING with their membership after the 2 day seminar. For them, I would say it was most likely a waste of money. I've seen others learn from it and take what they've learned and wisely invest in real estate; buying over 20 houses or several money making apartment complexes... and for them it was probably a VERY wise investment!

I've also known members who invested at the "Challenge" level. This level is for people who only want to invest in single family residential investments at this time. The membership dues are less than the PIG (Preferred Investors Group) level by about half and I believe is the most beneficial membership level for new members wanting to start out. When you join at the Challenge level, you not only get access to the experienced mentors, team of vendors, 2 day seminar course, local property bus trips, etc. but you also have the investor friendly agents that work for Lifestyles Realty finding investment properties for you.

From this point, not only do they write the offers and negotiate on behalf of the member, line up the inspection, but also helped teach the members how to safeguard themselves through the entire investing process. Getting the inspection done, written estimates for repair - rerun the numbers, desktop appraisals - rerun the numbers, hard or private money lenders, refinance into long term 4% loans, locating tenants, all of this can become overwhelming for new people and they are always there for their members. They not only help the members obtain the properties, but they are always there for the members after the sale to help them make sure they did not over-improve the properties, and keep them in the right mindset.

Now, someone posted that they would take the money Lifestyles charges and put it into a property, after finding some "hungry" Realtor to work with. Here I can tell you that I brought other regular RE agents to the "case study nights" and I always heard the same thing "I don't even know what they're talking about" and "this sounds like way too much work". The truth is most outside RE agents do not understand the investor math, let alone working with a hard money or private money lender who will lend up to 70-80% of the ARV. Ask most outside agents how much it will take to make a property "rent ready" and they'll throw a number out at you based on nothing!!! Most outside agents simply do not have the proper investor training. Real estate investing is NOT something they are taught to get their license, so if that's the route you choose to take be prepared to have to teach your agent the math, that the comps on the property need to be for after repaired value, and good luck getting them to understand hard money at all. LU has the top real estate investor friendly agents that I've ever seen! They will blow you away.

Another plus, if you want to call it that, of working with the Lifestyles agents is that they have worked with ALL the vendors on the vendor list and can help point you to the right one for the job.

Overall, speaking as a current member, my recommendations are:

1. If you fully plan to invest in multi-family (apartments) properties within the next 1-2 years, but want single family properties now (and be VERY realistic in your time frames), figure you will have 10 properties within the next two years, then join at the PIG level.

2. If you eventually plan to invest in multi-family properties, but want to invest in single family residential properties now, want QUALITY RE agents who know how to evaluate and find goof deals and help safeguard your interests through the process. Then I recommend the Challenge membership.

3. If you are certain you know how to run the numbers youself, are good at estimating repair costs to a property yourself, have an agent who understands hard money (and really test them on this prior to letting them write an offer for you), and can build a spreadsheet to evaluate properties, then go with the FFP level.

I hope this helps!

foxon...@gmail.com

May 15, 2014, 11:08:17 PM5/15/14

rickd...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2014, 9:17:07 AM9/13/14
On Sunday, April 21, 2013 12:49:35 PM UTC-7, LoveRE wrote:
> I also own real estate. But then I came across LU and realized I was doing/buying it the WRONG WAY! I joined and paid the 10k in June of 2012. Ouch, that was a lot of money but it has been worth it. I now am a passive investor in 344 apartment units and I'm not looking back. The combo of my other real estate and the apartment units has retired me just like that. My passive income now exceeds my monthly bills so guess what I don't have to do Monday? That's right: go to work. I will continue to work, however, because I want to buy more apartments. Now that I'm retired, my goal is to be able to fly 1st class and not sweat it. For me, not having to work means I have more time to spend with my family, more time to spend on my health, and go back to doing the hobbies I used to do as a kid. Real estate is probably one of the scariest things you can do with your money so I understand the hesitation. Having a team like LU on your side will take much of that fear away. So get educated and get some income producing property.

WOW, that's the same canned speech the producers of the Life Styles Unlimited radio show generate every single week. Humm, sounds, to me, like you're probably one of THEM. Hummmmm????

vindo...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2014, 11:55:03 AM12/16/14
Thanks for that. Been listening to Del and Steve for a while. I'm going to pay and join this evening. Great Investing!

ad...@crazycoyoteweb.com

Jan 4, 2015, 11:30:23 AM1/4/15
On Friday, July 27, 2012 3:07:12 PM UTC-5, jody3c...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Nhan,
>
> Sorry you feel that way but that is far from the truth. The FFP membership does include unlimited Question & Answer with the Local FFP mentors, 36+ live guest speaker events and webinars, 200+ hours of online training, monthly special events, 2-day class every month, and monthly case study networking events. If you are going through a deal you can work one on one our FFP team of mentors that includes myself, Michael, and Chris. Michael lives in Austin and can help you directly in your area. You can reach us any time M-F, 9am-5pm. Call us at 210.787.2235, that's what we are here for.
>
> Please let me know if you have any other questions.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Jody Carrillo
> Member Services Director
> 210.787.2235 ext: 406

u people should be in jail

affordablecus...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2015, 9:20:12 AM2/13/15
Wow! So glad i read your review! Definitely not going to waste time on this. I was thinking of donating $500, but $10k is a nice deposit on my next rental property.

jwc...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2015, 11:22:50 PM4/13/15
Note: Looks like your post got packed, possibly by company insiders. Your msg generated a flood of responses - almost immendiarely after you posted your comments! My take on UL is to avoid them. As one reader says, they are being sued in Houston. And, I checked BBB in Houston and see they are not a member (one posting untruthfully says they have an excellent BBB rating).

jwc...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2015, 11:23:54 PM4/13/15

ljack...@yahoo.com

May 3, 2015, 3:09:10 PM5/3/15
On Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 10:08:38 AM UTC-6, lover...@gmail.com wrote:
> First of all, I don't live in Texas. I learned about LU through the web after listening to hours and hours of the podcast. That alone led me to sign up for the PIG membership. I spent the next 4-5 months watching the over 200 hours of online videos. But I wasn't going anywhere with my investments until I took a week trip to Houston. During that time I attended the 2 day seminar taught by Del Walmsley (awesome), went to a MF road trip (only PIGs are allowed) and went to a case study in San Antonio. A month later I went to Dallas for another Multifamily road trip and met with some of the lenders that work with LU. The most valuable experience for me has been attending the MF road trips. They are usually attended by members interested in being passive investors and by members who are lead investors and may be looking for passive investors to get involved in the "next" deal. I had 300k sitting in a CD so in very little time I jumped into 3 deals and started networking with other lead investors as well. In my opinion, as long as you have money to invest, you will find more than enough deals. I'm speaking about MF here. I think single family investing is more challenging (finding deals that is). If you have the money (100k or more) don't bother with SFH and go straight to MF. It is way easier! You do have to do your due diligence on your lead investor and make sure you're familiar with the operating agreement which is a document explaining how the deal is structured.Hope this was enough detail for you. Good luck!

Thanks for that review. Would you be willing to give us an update on the success of your deals since it is a year later? I joined lifestyles at the basic level in 2012 and I now have 5 SF properties. I am considering PIG level but want to know that in this tight real estate market that I would still be able to do passive investing. I know you felt that way last year but please give us an update of your current status/opinions. I would hate to spend 17k for the right to invest and then find no or very limited/competitive opportunities to do so.

Thank you.

Linda

rayinsa...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2015, 2:37:13 PM8/1/15
On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 6:33:16 PM UTC-5, cool...@hotmail.com wrote:
> I listened Lifestyles Unlimited's infomercials for years on the radio and then I finally booked their workshop in Austin. There, they basically repeated the same pitch that I had heard on radio. But, I thought $500 for 2-yr membership was not a big deal, so I paid it and "joined" them. I was told to register for a 2-day seminar in San Antonio since that would be the very first and a must do thing before any new "member" can get started with their program. So, about 2 weeks later, I went to San Antonio to attend that seminar. Toward the end of the first half of the second day of the seminar, they told us, to be full member with assigned mentor and other privileges (can't think of any!), we must pay $10,000 for a year or 2-yr membership! Everyone was mad, but no one said anything. On the second half of that day, only a few people came back to the class. And of the large group, none joined. I suppose I could write the DA or OIG Office to complain. My basic complaint would be they did not tell you the real cost when you paid $500 to join. And the refunds are only available within 3 days, if you cancel the membership--whereas the workshop that will tell you the real cost won't happen at least 2 weeks later. Too late for refunds!! But it's probably better to help other folks from making the same mistake I made to write my review here first...
> NT
Was there any benefit at all from your $500 membership?

rayinsa...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2015, 3:17:37 PM8/1/15
----------------------
I would also like to see an update on the success and lessons learned.

I am considering a Lifestyles Unlimited membership ($500 for 2 yrs) and/or a membership with San Antonio Real-estate Investors Group (http://www.meetup.com/San-Antonio-RENC).

Both preach wonderful pathways to a successful future in real estate.

Appreciate any information from those who have invested with either group.

Thank you.

shaunaz...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2015, 8:16:38 PM8/11/15
DO NOT DO IT! LU sells you on MF and SF "ideals" but what you get in your inbox is FAR from that. You go to a 2 day seminar and get fed a bunch of happy horseshit that is NOT true in this market. In fact, their seminar leader tells you not to buy in certain areas, but yet you get constant "deals" served up in your inbox in the EXACT same areas he says not to buy in. And GOD FORBID you do, because if you do, and something goes awry, he will say, "I told you not to buy in that area". BS! You say something, but yet your real estate company sends you something different EVERYDAY in your inbox. That is NOT continuity.

Further, they tell you in the seminar that you can invest $20 - $30K in MF, but that is ALSO far from the truth. Minimum investment is $100K on MF and even if you write a CHECK FOR THAT, you don't know what your ROI is until they close after they solicit however many passive investors they need. Upfront? All cloak and dagger nonsense. Did their model work several years ago? I have no doubt it did. But the market has changed and their model is no longer valid. Yet they don't DISCLOSE this to you until AFTER you have put up $18K. And we want our 18K back. Severe misrepresentation of what we would get for membership dues, as well as a outdated, outmoded model of training on their "HUB". Frankly, most of the "HUB" training was completely useless to me, coming from a Real estate background, and my spouse and I got our first two investment properties ON OUR OWN, without help from LU at all. LU has done NOTHING for us but take our money, and as a professional blogger, unless we get our full $18K back, we are going to major outlets like the Huffington Post, which I have before, as well as file suit for GROSS misrepresentation. Sinking your money into LU is the BIGGEST mistake you will EVER make. There are so many more private investors who will be up front with you and not charge you $18K on the front end for it. Ponzi scheme.

gwbro...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2015, 9:52:32 PM9/8/15
On Monday, December 31, 2012 at 9:37:33 AM UTC-6, jeffdav...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm surprised to read this? I'm a very happy lifestyles member! They taught everything I needed to know to be successful and held my hand the entire way. Plus the know how to make it fun. Right now I have 9 single family homes and I'm a partner on a nice apartment in Austin. TX. I could not have done this on my own.

So did you have to pay the $10K in order to achieve this?

leda...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2015, 3:12:57 PM10/5/15
You got NOTHING from the $500 membership. I wasted mine. It is wasted of money. Get with an Realtor working with investor that is willing to teach no the rope and you get your money worth. Plus the realtor has incentive to work with you because she/he will earn the commission form your investment.

mrk...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2016, 6:36:19 AM1/20/16
The real cost here is the high monthly fee and the extreme debt you'll carry ... Do the math and then decide what is best for you. I would have a real problem knowing that all that debt was passed on to someone else....

macfi...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2016, 6:34:31 PM1/23/16
Who won??????? Or what was the settlement???

magcon...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2016, 9:35:53 AM3/31/16
Thank you so much for this post. I had just heard about these clowns on the radio.

It blows my mind how these folk and many others like them, can set up company's under "INC" (incorporation rules) and get away with legal scams.

These sort of business and organizations illustrates the point that State and Federal agencies are ineffective and asleep at the switch. We spend millions of tax dollars creating agencies that are supposed to protect consumers and these sort of businesses use the same rules and regulations formulated by those agencies to lawyer-up razor thin legalities that insulate them from civil liabilities or criminal charges.

Thanks,
Justo

sbsaccount...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2016, 8:22:47 AM6/5/16
On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 6:33:16 PM UTC-5, cool...@hotmail.com wrote:
> I listened Lifestyles Unlimited's infomercials for years on the radio and then I finally booked their workshop in Austin. There, they basically repeated the same pitch that I had heard on radio. But, I thought $500 for 2-yr membership was not a big deal, so I paid it and "joined" them. I was told to register for a 2-day seminar in San Antonio since that would be the very first and a must do thing before any new "member" can get started with their program. So, about 2 weeks later, I went to San Antonio to attend that seminar. Toward the end of the first half of the second day of the seminar, they told us, to be full member with assigned mentor and other privileges (can't think of any!), we must pay $10,000 for a year or 2-yr membership! Everyone was mad, but no one said anything. On the second half of that day, only a few people came back to the class. And of the large group, none joined. I suppose I could write the DA or OIG Office to complain. My basic complaint would be they did not tell you the real cost when you paid $500 to join. And the refunds are only available within 3 days, if you cancel the membership--whereas the workshop that will tell you the real cost won't happen at least 2 weeks later. Too late for refunds!! But it's probably better to help other folks from making the same mistake I made to write my review here first...
> NT

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!!

dsway...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2016, 1:55:13 PM6/27/16
On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 6:33:16 PM UTC-5, cool...@hotmail.com wrote:
> I listened Lifestyles Unlimited's infomercials for years on the radio and then I finally booked their workshop in Austin. There, they basically repeated the same pitch that I had heard on radio. But, I thought $500 for 2-yr membership was not a big deal, so I paid it and "joined" them. I was told to register for a 2-day seminar in San Antonio since that would be the very first and a must do thing before any new "member" can get started with their program. So, about 2 weeks later, I went to San Antonio to attend that seminar. Toward the end of the first half of the second day of the seminar, they told us, to be full member with assigned mentor and other privileges (can't think of any!), we must pay $10,000 for a year or 2-yr membership! Everyone was mad, but no one said anything. On the second half of that day, only a few people came back to the class. And of the large group, none joined. I suppose I could write the DA or OIG Office to complain. My basic complaint would be they did not tell you the real cost when you paid $500 to join. And the refunds are only available within 3 days, if you cancel the membership--whereas the workshop that will tell you the real cost won't happen at least 2 weeks later. Too late for refunds!! But it's probably better to help other folks from making the same mistake I made to write my review here first...
> NT

I have been in Life Styles for 4 years this coming September. During this time I have puchased 11 SF rentals, sold 3 and retain 8 rentals which pay me a net cash flow after all expenses of $48197. I am currently invested in 4 MF deals totaling 642 as a passive investor. These deals pay out $50,000 in yearly dividend the come quarterly. That totals $98,197 per year in passive income. I am fortunate to have a pension for my corporate past that couple with my real estate income allowed me to retire a year ago making the same total income that I did when working fulltime. Sure I paid the $ to get the PIG membership but on my first SF deal I captured $36,000 in equity and and only took $37 to the mortgage company to secure my 30 year loan. Listen flat out this LS system works if you put in the effort plain and simple!

jared.ro...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2016, 3:44:22 PM8/13/16
Thanks for the heads up on these seminar's, I was going to sign up for a seminar but I have decided not to go to one, it sounds like a BIG SCAM or RIPOFF. I am sure there is some people that benefit from signing up, but how many people pay that kind of money and don't benefit from it. They should at least tell you upfront of all the different packages & costs, but that is how scams & ripoffs work. I will continue to do my own research & investments.

gwbro...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2016, 1:07:19 PM10/16/16
On Monday, December 31, 2012 at 9:37:33 AM UTC-6, jeffdav...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm surprised to read this? I'm a very happy lifestyles member! They taught everything I needed to know to be successful and held my hand the entire way. Plus the know how to make it fun. Right now I have 9 single family homes and I'm a partner on a nice apartment in Austin. TX. I could not have done this on my own.

Jeff:

You may be a happy member, but you didn't address the question at hand. Is there a $10,000 membership fee due up front?

tbel...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2016, 12:48:21 PM10/24/16
That was very informative. Thank you.

bcrosb...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2017, 4:34:28 PM3/19/17
On Monday, December 31, 2012 at 8:37:33 AM UTC-7, jeffdav...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm surprised to read this? I'm a very happy lifestyles member! They taught everything I needed to know to be successful and held my hand the entire way. Plus the know how to make it fun. Right now I have 9 single family homes and I'm a partner on a nice apartment in Austin. TX. I could not have done this on my own.

Did you pay $10000?

sahous...@gmail.com

May 1, 2017, 10:36:59 AM5/1/17
It feels amazing to have the results we have and know that we'll be able to retire in a few short years! This is the best mentoring network we have seen for real estate. It's much cheaper than college education that doesn't even guarantee you'll really get a good job when complete. The only reason I've been successful in real estate investing is because I joined Lifestyles Unlimited years ago. Of course I probably could've spent years researching information / getting it for free online & through trial and error (losing money) but I'd rather follow the map & instruction of people I want to emulate in their sector. Health, wealth, happiness, parenting, fitness, etc. The most successful people on this planet hire coaches and mentors. Just make sure the person is completely legitimate and they are on a whole other level of success. Don't take advice from somebody you wouldn't switch places with! I have literally met HUNDREDS of LU members who successfully own portfolios of houses or large and small apartment complexes! They are they real deal! They have a A+ rating with the BBB and Lifestyle members have won local and national awards for 10 years+. Plus you're not paying for "one guru" who could die tomorrow. With Lifestyles you're getting a huge team of mentors, realtors and vendors. I believe every person who is employed by LU owns investment property.

theorig...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2017, 2:40:41 PM6/25/17
Do you have any references on someone that has purchased properties the $500 membership only or do you have to pay for the $10,000 on the the next meetings?

theorig...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2017, 3:28:58 PM6/25/17
On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 6:33:16 PM UTC-5, cool...@hotmail.com wrote:
> I listened Lifestyles Unlimited's infomercials for years on the radio and then I finally booked their workshop in Austin. There, they basically repeated the same pitch that I had heard on radio. But, I thought $500 for 2-yr membership was not a big deal, so I paid it and "joined" them. I was told to register for a 2-day seminar in San Antonio since that would be the very first and a must do thing before any new "member" can get started with their program. So, about 2 weeks later, I went to San Antonio to attend that seminar. Toward the end of the first half of the second day of the seminar, they told us, to be full member with assigned mentor and other privileges (can't think of any!), we must pay $10,000 for a year or 2-yr membership! Everyone was mad, but no one said anything. On the second half of that day, only a few people came back to the class. And of the large group, none joined. I suppose I could write the DA or OIG Office to complain. My basic complaint would be they did not tell you the real cost when you paid $500 to join. And the refunds are only available within 3 days, if you cancel the membership--whereas the workshop that will tell you the real cost won't happen at least 2 weeks later. Too late for refunds!! But it's probably better to help other folks from making the same mistake I made to write my review here first...
> NT

If a company was really wanting to "Help" you become successful in this industry, it would structure it by having a $500 membership to show they're interested with skin in the game and then if the come back to the next meeting a fee of $1000 for a mentor to help them find a real estate deal and help close, the company would get a % of everydeal until the training wheels come off and then maybe 5% after, the company could also provide after you are netting a certain amount of monthly profit, added services i.e. management services, hard money loans, legal documents. hmmm just a thought what do I know.

chakRE

Aug 14, 2017, 10:22:15 PM8/14/17
LoveRE, can you contact me ? I am interested in learning more about co-investing in projects with other LU investors.
Thanks

chakRE

Aug 14, 2017, 10:27:18 PM8/14/17
On Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 5:29:46 PM UTC-7, shawn...@gmail.com wrote:
> I just finished with the basic membership and 2 day workshop. Personally

I think the workshop alone and the fact that you can work with their vendors who understand the business model is worth the $500.

> The workshop was really good. I would do it again.
>
> However I do agree they should be more upfront about all the packages.
>
> If you are wondering I did join the top package of 15k. I know this business model works because I personally know people doing it. Having the hand holding is definitely worth the 15k, as long as you have some money to invest.

perd...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2018, 12:30:46 PM4/11/18
That $10,000 they referred to is to allow you to do "Multi-Family" (Apartment) business. I paid the 10,000 they wanted me to pay, and I have made 220,000 total on two Multi-Family deals, plus I have bough seven single family homes that I am making a nice cash flow on a monthly basis.

If you really want to be a RE investor, this is the only way to go. You WILL make money at this - I just wish I had discovered this business model when I was younger - BUT it is never too late to do the RIGHT thing!

Perry Donaldson
Plano TX

ase...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2018, 2:52:42 PM12/15/18
I have been a MF investor for 4 years. I have made a lot of money and am a passive investor with some people who are of the highest integrity. They are role models of honesty and prosperity. I was interested in being a SF investor when I first went to the meetings, but after doing the math, i realized that MF was the way to go. I had the money in my 401K so I took the leap. I am so much less stressed now that I can see and control exactly where my money is going. There is actual property rather than smoke and mirror
stocks that go up and down based on who knows what!

mattb...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2019, 4:07:23 PM4/27/19
It’s literally there and it literally has an A+ rating

jayl...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2019, 12:05:38 AM7/6/19
My friend made ton of monry from LU

terry...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2019, 9:29:56 PM11/4/19
I'm wondering what you get for the basic membership and considering I live in Virginia and they never hold any workshops near me. I've listened to Mr. Walsmley on the radio and I believe in him and his organization but I have just enough to start investing 500 dollars would be a major loss to me if things didn't work out

kevinha...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2020, 1:09:37 AM1/13/20
On Monday, April 13, 2015 at 5:22:50 PM UTC-10, jwc...@gmail.com wrote:
> Note: Looks like your post got packed, possibly by company insiders. Your msg generated a flood of responses - almost immendiarely after you posted your comments! My take on UL is to avoid them. As one reader says, they are being sued in Houston. And, I checked BBB in Houston and see they are not a member (one posting untruthfully says they have an excellent BBB rating).

https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/houston/profile/real-estate-investing/lifestyles-unlimited-inc-0915-50600#sealclick

jeffl...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2020, 4:15:41 PM3/18/20
I'm confused, according to your link they are A+ rated on BBB.

mike...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2020, 3:35:28 PM4/3/20
On Monday, December 31, 2012 at 7:37:33 AM UTC-8, jeffdav...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm surprised to read this? I'm a very happy lifestyles member! They taught everything I needed to know to be successful and held my hand the entire way. Plus the know how to make it fun. Right now I have 9 single family homes and I'm a partner on a nice apartment in Austin. TX. I could not have done this on my own.

Jeffdav,
Thanks for that info. You do realize that you did not address NH's (Nhan's) troubles at all. Did you pay the full $10K? You didn't say. Were you told the $500 level was not a full membership? Was "full membership" ever mentioned? You didn't say. But thanks for you interesting info. It just was not relevent. Later --Mike

jeffl...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2020, 8:39:53 PM4/22/20
I haven't bought into it. I was simply stating that Lifestyles is rated A+ with the BBB when Kevin stated they are not a member and don't have an excellent rating. I intend to buy in soon I just haven't done so yet. I'm waiting for the pandemic to settle before I start investing.

fyta...@gmail.com

May 3, 2020, 3:16:45 PM5/3/20
My hubby and I attended 2 day pitch in 2015. Newbies so did not want to spend the $8k/for SFD investing and $18k for MF. So I decided to become one of their real estate agents. We had monthly meetings for the members with only successful clients who answered questions. Never saw an actual in house training. Only online training. I was a total newbie and the lead agents were to train me. Didn't really happen. After 3 months of feeling like I was beating my head against a wall I left and went to another brokerage who spends lots of time training us with workshops and online trainings. The LS members just seem to be drinking the Kool aide and not being really trained to evaulate deals but just rely on the agents and LS to guide them.
There are tons of other mentors on the web. The 2 day training done by others give you a lot more information than the 2 day training by LS. Don't join until you research others & I don't mean the traveling pitch men.
Some cities have local REIA groups that are EXCELLENT. Some are CRAP. Do your research before joining any and don't just talk to the people at the meeting. Find out if they know what they are really doing. How to do due diligence, how to read a financial statement; how to comp a house. There are real estate brokerages that do sponsorships at the REIAS who are rip offs also so be careful. They are there to make money off the newbies. A traditional agent has no knowledge of how to invest either so their comps are probably bad. Find an investor / agent that will work with you.

fyta...@gmail.com

May 4, 2020, 12:48:37 PM5/4/20
Don't buy into it until you do more research. Look at my response as I was a LS agent back in 2015 (for 3 months).

reginal...@gmail.com

May 4, 2020, 5:47:49 PM5/4/20
On Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 7:39:53 PM UTC-5, jeffl...@gmail.com wrote:
Great group of people. I actually joined the Challenge program back in 2008 and got cold feet on a deal they sent me. I just stayed away until this weekend and decided to go back. I didn't realize that my renewal was grandfathered in, so I'm going all in this time and will definitely be purchasing a property.

jeffl...@gmail.com

May 4, 2020, 7:23:41 PM5/4/20
I was in the 2 day this past weekend too! I think I saw some of your questions. Good luck with your investments! Hopefully at some point we'll be working together :)

krismar...@gmail.com

May 6, 2020, 1:43:09 PM5/6/20
Anybody know, what is the current membership fee?

jeffl...@gmail.com

May 7, 2020, 1:23:09 PM5/7/20
If you go to the case study the base membership, financial freedom program (FFP), is $197. The next tier up where they really help out with you getting an investment property is $10k. The final tier where you can buy into multifamily (apartments) is $23k. If you go to the 2 day seminar they usually have discounts for those too though.

vogpro...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2020, 12:34:41 PM6/27/20
I have been inactive for two years after being a full member (multifamily level) and I’m glad I joined originally and now that I’ve rejoined. I’ve been a Texas Realtor for 25 years and I learned so much from Lifestyles! I’ve also been investing for three years now and I’m extremely pleased with the results! My husband and I are in five apartment deals, having sold out of three others, and we have seven rent houses that we’ve purchased in our portfolio. All of our purchases have cash flowed and the Lifestyles motto of “Best product, best price” has paid off for us many times over! Just like everything, you get out what you put in. I love Lifestyles Unlimited!

rmede...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2020, 11:24:15 PM7/2/20
I attended the 2 day in Houston last month. Maybe we met there. Anyways, I also joined back in 2008, purchased 4 SF and then stayed away from LU for quite a while. I came back in 2016, paid my renewal fee and decided to move into MF. I sold my houses invested in 2 MF deals and made 100% return. Invested in 4 more deals in 2018 and 8 more MF deals in 2019. Looking forward to some more cash out from refi(s) any time soon. PIG member since 2008 Raul M. Woodlands, TX

rmede...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2020, 11:25:03 PM7/2/20

rmede...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2020, 11:25:23 PM7/2/20

write...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2020, 12:36:06 PM7/21/20
I have been a full member of LU since 2016. With NO prior experience in real estate I was mentored one on one and have been involved in multiple deals. I have easily made back my $20k investment plus much more and I have never met anyone who actually invested who did not make back their membership plus went on to make profit. Most real estate professionals don’t bother to teach others how to do what they are doing. It takes time away from their own pursuits. But lifestyles leadership and members all help each other and hold everyone accountable from the leads to the vendors. It was worth every penny just to know there were built in checks and balances that made me feel much more confident investing with leads I did not know personally. Any questions I had were answered in a timely manner. I’ve made many new friends and I can call them as well. I don’t know of ANY company or organization that requires a fee that does not take time to teach you the value of what you are paying for. You paid $500 and you got a full 2day seminar on real estate investing along with Q and A and many hours of online classes, plus as many 2 days as you want. That’s a BARGAIN. So you got more than what you paid for just in education, let alone if you had invested.

smbon...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2020, 1:22:56 PM7/26/20
On Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 10:31:01 AM UTC-6, brando...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> 2. If you eventually plan to invest in multi-family properties, but want to invest in single family residential properties now, want QUALITY RE agents who know how to evaluate and find goof deals and help safeguard your interests through the process. Then I recommend the Challenge membership.
>
> 3. If you are certain you know how to run the numbers youself, are good at estimating repair costs to a property yourself, have an agent who understands hard money (and really test them on this prior to letting them write an offer for you), and can build a spreadsheet to evaluate properties, then go with the FFP level.

thank you

rwils...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2020, 8:45:57 PM8/3/20
They didn't keep anything a secret.

They have explained all the different levels and you get to choose.
What are you complaining about?

rwils...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2020, 8:46:51 PM8/3/20
The democratic party speaks

Gregory Gee

Oct 11, 2020, 12:54:27 PM10/11/20
On Monday, August 3, 2020 at 7:46:51 PM UTC-5, rwils...@gmail.com wrote:
> The democratic party speaks
I had to respond to some of the nasty messages on this board. My wife and I joined LU back in about 2008. We had already learned the basics of investing in single family homes (the hard way) and I believe we owned 4 rentals at the time. We would have a saved ton of time and money if we had found LU earlier. I read a bunch of books plus have an MBA to learn how to buy, repair and rent single family homes. We bought three more single family homes, plus moved to a 4000+ sf foreclosure by 2012. By 2015, we sold everything, including our home, bought a lakefront lakehouse (Rental) and another 4500+ sq ft foreclosure to live in. Even though we are no longer active, I will say LU is the real deal IF AND ONLY IF YOU FOLLOW what they advise you to do. I still refer anyone there that even mentions real estate to me. We decided to take a break from real estate, but the lakehouse has been awesome and yes it cash flows and has appreciated big time! The value prop is simple, it’s $500 to learn how to build equity and cash flow with single family homes, full stop! We never paid more than the lowest level and had access to everything. In fact, for me, the list of approved contractors was the best part. These guys are amazing and having good consistent contractors will make or break your investment! Don’t worry about the advanced levels, etc. Do you tell your 5th grader he better have a handle on college before he decides if he is going to JR. High?? If you are interested in learning real estate and don’t even move forward with LU, it is well worth the education they provide.

Benjamin Lubenow

Jun 3, 2021, 1:53:11 AM6/3/21
On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 6:41:28 PM UTC-5, cool...@hotmail.com wrote:
> I listened to their infomercials for years on radio and then I finally booked their workshop in Austin. There, they basically repeated the same pitch that I had heard on radio. But, I thought $500 for 2-yr membership was not a big deal, so I paid it and "joined" them. I was told to register for a 2-day seminar in San Antonio since that would be the very first and a must do thing before any new "member" can get started with their program. So, about 2 weeks later, I went to San Antonio to attend that seminar. Toward the end of the first half of the second day of the seminar, they told us, to be full member with assigned mentor and other privileges (can't think of any!), we must pay $10,000 for a year or 2-yr membership! Everyone was mad, but no one said anything. On the second half of that day, only a few people came back to the class. And of the large group, none joined. I suppose I could write the DA or OIG Office to complain. My basic complaint would be they did not tell you the real cost when you paid $500 to join. And the refunds are only available within 3 days, if you cancel the membership--whereas the workshop that will tell you the real cost won't happen at least 2 weeks later. Too late for refunds!! But it's probably better to help other folks from making the same mistake I made to write my review here first...
> NT

I'm sorry you feel like that, but if $10,000 is a deal-breaker, it probably isn't for you. I am on the vendor list of Lifestyles Unliited here in San Antonio, and have worked with a lot of the members in my area. The ones who put in the time, money, and effort, do see results, and are working towards retirement.

Everyone wants to get something for nothing (or something for a small price). Anything worth having is going to have a cost associated with it. Being able to see the value you are getting for the cost, is the real kicker. $10k for training to retire you in 3-5 years sounds like a bargain to me! It is something that I would like to do in the future. If I could do it now I would.

C Webb

Nov 16, 2021, 10:41:35 AM11/16/21
On Monday, December 31, 2012 at 9:37:33 AM UTC-6, jeffdav...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm surprised to read this? I'm a very happy lifestyles member! They taught everything I needed to know to be successful and held my hand the entire way. Plus the know how to make it fun. Right now I have 9 single family homes and I'm a partner on a nice apartment in Austin. TX. I could not have done this on my own.

After paying 20k to be a preferred member they want 3k a year to renew the membership. I only was able to get 2 houses from them and no passive deals. I think way overcharging for people who are trying to get started and are not rich yet.

Bernard Bellew

Jul 8, 2022, 3:11:14 AM7/8/22
Let's be perfectly honest here. The real money is made with selling informational courses. If real estate investing is so profitable, why don't you just live off of your investments? Being a real estate guru is hard work. My favorite blow hard guru
is Ron LeGrand. He has boasted that the money he has made investing in real estate is nothing compared to what he has made selling courses and coaching. All of these gurus are BS artists.

Frank Cabanski

Aug 6, 2022, 6:54:03 PM8/6/22
Tell you what. Let me in, and you'll get the first $10K I earn. Get paid on the back end. You just claimed $10K isn't that much, so do it.

Diego T

Aug 18, 2022, 12:58:37 AM8/18/22
hey Shawn how has your 15k investment payed off will you recommend to someone that wants to get started Im thinking about joining total wealth academy that carries the same real estate plan thank you looking forward to your respond!