The IHR of L. Fletcher Prouty, Mark Lane and Willis Carto

Tom Henrickson

May 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/18/98

For the edification of Joel Ham...

From the ISRP Website...

THE INSTITUTE FOR
HISTORICAL
REVIEW (IHR)

The Institute for Historical Review (IHR), which is located in
Costa Mesa, California , denies that the Nazi Holocaust
against the Jews and other targeted groups ever took
place; it is known to have sponsored conferences where
notorious anti-Semites and racists were the featured
speakers. Willis Carto (see page 8), the institute's principle
founder, is a virulent hate-monger and conspiracist. Carto
maintains offices just a few blocks from the Capitol in
Washington D.C. where he produces the Spotlight, a
newspaper which celebrates neo-Nazis, skinheads, the Waffen
SS, armed anti-Semites, and other anti-democratic forces.

The principle purpose in founding the institute was to separate
Hitler, Nazism and "white pride" from what they ultimately
produced in the Holocaust - the death of over twelve million
people in the ovens of Auschwits, Treblinka, Sobibor, etc..

And why this effort? - because the results of the Holocaust
have gone a long way in silencing "white supremicists" both in
the United States and throughout the world - a silence
which, the IHR believes, has led to the phenomenon of
multiculturalism and the displacement of the older
majority white, Euro-centered, Christian-based culture
in this country and in Europe.

The people connected to the IHR believe that fascism
(Nazism) and Hitler have been grossly mis-represented to the
American people. They believe that what Hitler and Nazism
were really fighting against during World War II was athiestic
communism and the inundation of Western Civilization and
Christianity by the Soviet Union. They see Hitler, then, not as
the monster he has been presented as, but as a Christian hero
who - at great sacrifice to himself and his countrymen - had
the courage to stand up against Russia, communism and the
Jews which were behind it all. Hitler and Germany were
beaten because the Jews - which controlled Wall Street and
Roosevelt - brought the United States into the war against
Germany. Moreover, they believe that the effort to portray
Hitler as a "monster" rather than what he really was - a kind
of Arthurian figure - is largely the result of the machinations of
the Jewish lobby in the United States.

And just how far this kind of thinking has seeped into the
American psyche is mind-numbing - the fact is, it's gone much
further than liberals and the mainstream press seem prepared
to grasp.There's a rage out there, a rage by whites against
multiculturalism and economic globalism which is seriously
being underestimated by the liberal elites in this country - a
rage which is pre-disposing countless numbers of whites to the
propaganda being generated out of the IHR.

And it's not only liberals and the mainline media which has
underestimated this phenomenon. Right-thinking Christians
are doing the same. Take one example, Maureen Salaman, a
well-known TV personality on the Family Christian
Broadcasting Network (FCBN). FCBN was started in 1982 by
Ron Haus, a former Assemblies of God minister. Starting as a
one-station operation, FCBN's original signal area was limited
to the San Francisco Bay area. Gradually, the network added
repeater stations in Fresno and Sacramento. By the late
1980s, FCBN began syndicating some of its programs on other
Christian networks. The most popular of these shows is
"Accent on Health" with Maureen Salaman.

Salaman is known nationally as a veteran activist in Willis
Carto's Liberty Lobby (see page 8). In 1984, Salaman
campaigned as the Vice-Presidential candidate on the slate of
Carto's fractious electoral front, the Populist Party. She is an
ardent distributor of Carto's Spotlight Magazine (see above), a
weekly tabloid which is devoted to a virulent fascist ideology -
and one which portrays Hitler as a Christian, anti-communist
crusader.1

The story of Maureen Salaman is so bizarre and peculiar that
one is tempted to "write it off" as an aberration from the
norm. But that is simply not the case. Ron Haus certainly
knows what Salaman is up to; it is fully within his power as
owner of FCBN to put an end to her open involvement with
Willis Carto and the Liberty Lobby. But he has apparently
done nothing; quite the opposite, he has promoted her
program at every opportunity.

And it doesn't end with Haus. Dennis Peacocke is Ron Haus's
"pastoral advisor" or "shepherd." Haus works with Peacocke2
in the Coalition on Revival (COR). It is, thus, also fully within
Peacocke's power to end Salaman's relationship with Carto
and the Liberty Lobby. He too, however, refuses to do so.
One is reminded of an old proverb, "Silence is the voice of
complicity."3

Press here to make any comments on this article.

1.Please see Sara Diamond, Spiritual Warfare, pg. 27.
2.In addition to being Haus's "spiritual advisor" and working with
him in COR, Peacocke also frequently guest hosts programs at
FCBN which deal with foreign policy issues.
3.Please see Sara Diamond, Spiritual Warfare, pg. 246, footnote
#100.

Joel Ham

May 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/18/98

Tom Henrickson wrote:

>For the edification of Joel Ham...
>
>From the ISRP Website...
>
> THE INSTITUTE FOR
> HISTORICAL
> REVIEW (IHR)

[snip the irrelevant post]

First of all, I never requested any edification on this topic by you, so
I don't appreciate you writing it for me.

Secondly, in case you haven't figured it it out yet, this NG is primarily
about the conspiracy ,the public execution, the patsy, & the coverup relating
to President John F. Kennedy, as well as occasional discussions of the same
things in reference to the assassination of Martin Luther King, & AG Robert
Kennedy.

I gave you the courtesy of reading your post, almost all of which, I found
way off the topic,& boring.

Do not try to "edify" me again with this garbage.

~ Joel ~
___________________________________
"You can't depend on your eyes
when your imagination is out of focus"
----- Mark Twain

carswell

May 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/18/98

Tom Henrickson <cyber...@freedom.com> schreibt: > For the edification of Joel Ham...

> From the ISRP Website...
>
> THE INSTITUTE FOR
> HISTORICAL
> REVIEW (IHR)
>
> crusader.1
>
> program at every opportunity.

I don't know personnaly Mr.Carto....just a simple question:
Are some Americans really thinking this sort of bullshit?
Greetings from germany
Olaf

Pearl Gladstone

May 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/19/98

Tom Henrickson wrote:(deleted)

You are making libelous accusations by linking the names of Mark Lane
and Fletcher Prouty to this perverted sickness.

Those who work toward getting the truth in the JFK assassination have to
expect character attacks, and they come in a variety of shapes and sizes
and disguises.

I am personally affronted by this garbage.

Clark Merrill

May 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/20/98

In article <35612B...@erols.com>, tr...@erols.com writes...

>Tom Henrickson wrote:(deleted)
>
>You are making libelous accusations by linking the names of Mark Lane
>and Fletcher Prouty to this perverted sickness.

Where is the libel if they were commenting on facts. I have done much
research on the Holocaust deniers and have no use for their kind. Here are
a few facts that link Prouty to the IHR.

A few things according to
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/holocaust/ihr/top.html

During the lengthy legal battles surrounding the Mermelstein
lawsuits against the Liberty Lobby and Willis A. Carto, Prouty
and fellow PAC advisory board member Lt. Col. James "Bo" Gritz
were "prepared to testify as character witnesses on behalf of
Liberty Lobby founder Willis A. Carto."
(Spotlight, 10-7-91, 12)

Prouty has been a guest on the Liberty Lobby sponsored Radio Free
America program dozens of times. (I understand that the Pacifica
Radio folks also broadcasts a syndicated "Radio Free America"
program, which should not be confused with this one.) Prouty was a
featured speaker at the 35th Liberty Lobby Board of Policy
convention were he said "If anybody really wants to know what's
going on in the world today, he should be reading 'Spotlight'" and
explained that "one of the first enemies we have in this country is
usury". (Spotlight, 10-8-90, 14)

Also in 1990 Prouty said:

Prouty assured the audience it was an
"enormous privilege" to have his book republished
by the Institute for Historical Review, a group,
Prouty claimed, that keeps people "from revising
history." Prouty thanked Willis Carto and Tom
Marcellus of IHR for the "guts and good sense" to
republish his book. [f-24] "

L Fletcher Prouth was also on the advisory board of the Populist
Action committee, In 1991, the Populist Action Committee (PAC)
was "formally launched by the Liberty Lobby".

Based on what is said above, I think Prouty is probably a racist. That
is my opinion based on facts, it in no way constitutes libel.

>Those who work toward getting the truth in the JFK assassination have to
>expect character attacks, and they come in a variety of shapes and sizes
>and disguises.

I personally would never attack you in such a way. You believe what
you believe.

>I am personally affronted by this garbage.

Not nearly as much as I am be Carto and the people who are around
him.

Clark Merrill
mer...@stsci.edu

Pearl Gladstone

May 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/20/98

Clark Merrill wrote

I am starting to look more deeply into this matter. I read about a Linda
Thompson who posted some data on carto.

She described him alternately of being accused as a Nazi and a
Communist?

Odd.

Tony Pitman

May 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/21/98

Pearl Gladstone wrote:

Yes plus the fact that Salaman is a Jewish name usually. The main fact
is though, as Joel says, this topic does not belong here.