Google Grup tidak lagi mendukung postingan atau langganan Usenet baru. Konten lama masih dapat dilihat.

Quicken 2004 creating a Q3.DIR file on my desktop

234 kali dilihat
Langsung ke pesan pertama yang belum dibaca

Rajesh Hingorani

belum dibaca,
5 Des 2003, 22.12.3905/12/03
kepada
I just upgraded from Quicken 2001 to Quicken 2004 Deluxe on a Windows XP
system. I find that whenever I do a backup from within Quicken, a file
Q3.DIR is created on my desktop. I can delete the file and the next time I
do a backup it reappears. Does anyone know the purpose of this file and why
it is created on my desktop rather than in the Quickenw folder where Quicken
2004 is installed ?

Rajesh

R. C. White

belum dibaca,
6 Des 2003, 09.06.5506/12/03
kepada
Hi, Rajesh.

The ubiquitous Q3.DIR file is discussed here pretty often. It has been a
part of the past several versions of Quicken. Some of the threads have even
discovered the apparent cause and justification for it. The usual
conclusion is to just ignore it. You can delete all of them, but they'll
just come back. Of course, the files are usually less than 100 bytes each,
so why bother.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Rajesh Hingorani" <rhi...@optonline.net> wrote in message

John Pollard

belum dibaca,
6 Des 2003, 12.09.1406/12/03
kepada

My apologies to the person, whose name I have forgotten, who came up with,
what I believe is, the "solution" for this. Try right clicking the desktop
icon for Quicken, left click "properties", and fill in the "Start in:" field
with the folder where your Quicken data is. I don't think this will
eliminate the Q3.dir file, I think it will just put it in your Quicken data
folder instead of on your desktop.

And as R.C said, you can probably just ignore the file.

0 pesan baru