PDFdrv Quicken Printer Driver

funto...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2016, 9:49:35 AM9/9/16
I lost my Quicken "PDFdrv" driver file. I only now have an empty folder for it.
I need it to be able to duplex print Quicken Reports on my printer.
Can anyone out there supply me with this driver? I cannot seem to find it anywhere to download. I presently have V10 and to call Quicken to send it to me is next to impossible. If you have not purchased their latest version they will not talk to you. I'm sure some of you with older versions have this in your computer if you do a search for it. Please reply will you?
Lee

Jeffrey

Sep 9, 2016, 10:37:25 AM9/9/16
It is not just the driver or the batch driver that is that folder.
There are a number of .dll files that are too.

You need to reinstall Quicken so that you get all of the necessary files for Quicken printer to work.

You can also try and install a third party PDF printer and see that works instead of the Quicken PDF printer.

You also do not mention which version of Quicken you have or what your OS is.

Jeffrey

Sep 9, 2016, 10:39:25 AM9/9/16

David H. Lipman

Sep 10, 2016, 8:08:55 AM9/10/16
Replace it with PDFCreator from PDFForge.
http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/download

It is completely independent of Quicken and works with all software.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Andrew

Sep 11, 2016, 6:20:30 PM9/11/16
David H. Lipman wrote:
> On 9/9/2016 9:49 AM, funto...@gmail.com wrote:
>> I lost my Quicken "PDFdrv" driver file. I only now have an empty
>> folder for it.
>> I need it to be able to duplex print Quicken Reports on my printer.
>> Can anyone out there supply me with this driver? I cannot seem to
>> find it anywhere to download. I presently have V10 and to call Quicken
>> to send it to me is next to impossible. If you have not purchased
>> their latest version they will not talk to you. I'm sure some of you
>> with older versions have this in your computer if you do a search for
>> it. Please reply will you?
>> Lee
>>

> Replace it with PDFCreator from PDFForge.
> http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/download
>
> It is completely independent of Quicken and works with all software.

Or 'CutePDF'. I've used it for a decade.

http://www.cutepdf.com/

Regards -

- Andrew

funto...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2016, 10:43:05 AM9/16/16
Sorry but that doesn't solve the problem. I MUST HAVE THE "PDFdrv" driver that Quicken put out. I do not have a printer which will automatically duplex. I must turn the pages over. The PDFDRV driver would allow me to do that. Regular pdf conversion programs will not allow me or give me the option, to duplex on my printer.

Sharx35

Sep 16, 2016, 1:00:26 PM9/16/16
Paper is not THAT expensive. Don't be so cheap.

David H. Lipman

Sep 17, 2016, 8:03:31 AM9/17/16
Printers do Duplex.

You have options.

Quicken's PDF writer is not the only option.

Always define what the problem is. I see nothing in your original posts
stating anything about Duplex printing. You haven't even stated what
printer you have.

JohnA

Oct 13, 2016, 11:37:02 AM10/13/16
What does duplex printing have to do with PDF? It only comes into play when
you print your PDF on a paper printer. Then it is not using the PDFDRV at
all.

Sharx35

Oct 14, 2016, 2:37:10 PM10/14/16
I can buy 5000 sheets of 20 lb. paper for less than $40 CDN. Again,
don't be so obsessive that you HAVE to HAVE duplex printing. You sound
like one of those empty-headed,

obsessed environmentalists who think that the sky is falling.

funto...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2016, 11:41:49 AM10/15/16
On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 6:49:35 AM UTC-7, funto...@gmail.com wrote:
Don't remember exactly what I did to get Quicken to "PRINT TO PDF" but anyway I am now able to print/save to a pdf file. Once saved from the pdf file I can manipulate my printer to do duplex printing. For those who belittle duplex printing and call me cheap, it is not a matter of money at all. It saves our forests, landfills, etc and also when keeping records, it cuts down on the bulkiness of your record keeping. When printing multiple pages of say 60 pages, you can cut it down to 30 and not make a huge volume out of it.

JohnA

Oct 15, 2016, 12:10:24 PM10/15/16
If you're using Windows 10, there's a built in PDF driver that will do the
same thing. I don't prefer the built in Quicken PDF printer or the Windows
10 driver because they don't support an option to automatically display the
PDF file they just create as some of the better ones do. But you should be
able to print on a paper printer that supports duplex printing with no
problem regardless of the PDF driver chosen.

wrote in message

Ken Blake

Oct 15, 2016, 12:58:32 PM10/15/16
You shouldn't need to do anything. When you get to the print dialog,
you should be able to chose what printer you want there. And assuming
that you have a pdf reader installed, at least one of the choices
should be a pdf printer.